PDA

View Full Version : Bought game after playing FTP: No benefits?

tojo
01-11-2015, 07:45 AM
After playing the FTP version (Playstation 3) for a while, I decided to buy the game.

I started a new character and I am at level 480, but I seem stuck on the FTP restrictions. The keycodes are maxed out at 50, and I don't have additional loadouts available.

Do I have to uninstall FTP, or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

BenXFrank
01-11-2015, 08:07 AM
After playing the FTP version (Playstation 3) for a while, I decided to buy the game.

I started a new character and I am at level 480, but I seem stuck on the FTP restrictions. The keycodes are maxed out at 50, and I don't have additional loadouts available.

Do I have to uninstall FTP, or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Enter the Game's Keycode into your Trion-Account or via the Bitstore

Fuzzy
01-11-2015, 08:09 AM
Remember to have your account linked as you're a PS3 player, otherwise, applying the code won't work.
After you applied the code, you can claim the goodies from your claimable items section.

r1p
01-11-2015, 12:20 PM
Remember to have your account linked as you're a PS3 player, otherwise, applying the code won't work.
After you applied the code, you can claim the goodies from your claimable items section.

This. Make sure the account is linked. Also, if the version you bought came with DLC, make sure that the Casti DLC get applied because sometimes it doesn't.

vash2x60billion
01-11-2015, 01:31 PM
So if i go buy the game i can get the other load outs and more key storage but not lose my toon?

Chris Robet
01-11-2015, 01:32 PM
So if i go buy the game i can get the other load outs and more key storage but not lose my toon?

Yes you can.

TheStigsCousin
01-11-2015, 01:34 PM

Yes. Like the others said, make sure your account is linked and enter the code from the copy you bought. Make sure it's a brand new copy. No need to uninstall or delete anything.

PhantasieTrion
01-11-2015, 01:40 PM

Hi Vash

Correct.

We should write up a post on this for players who aren't used to the difference between an MMO and a traditional single player game, since I see this come up periodically. Here is a quick sumary:

In Defiance all of your charatcers information is servers on Trion's servers. Nothing (important) is stored locally on your console/PC.

And, that charatcer information is associated with your GamerTag/PSN ID or your PC login. This means you can log in anywhere under those credentials and play the game. It means when you leave that location, no one can play your charatcer there (assuming you dont leave it logged in or give them the PW).

This also means that any player (F2P players included) who decide they enjoy the game (all of you, right) can go out and buy the boxed version or an upgraded Collectors Edition or Ultimate Edition, enter the code in it (via Trion's web site or in game), and the benefits will be applied to your account.

You do not need to start over again, nor will you lose any characters.

Hope this helps!

--Phantasie

EDIT: Ninjaed on Sunday, and also realized I responded to two different posts in the same thread - removed one of them :)

RKZX2
01-11-2015, 02:29 PM
i would love to buy a hard copy. no game stop within 100 has it.

stefanies
01-11-2015, 04:07 PM
Mail order from Amazon? they have it in stock

Atticus Batman
01-11-2015, 09:19 PM
Hi Vash

Correct.

We should write up a post on this for players who aren't used to the difference between an MMO and a traditional single player game, since I see this come up periodically. Here is a quick sumary:

In Defiance all of your charatcers information is servers on Trion's servers. Nothing (important) is stored locally on your console/PC.

And, that charatcer information is associated with your GamerTag/PSN ID or your PC login. This means you can log in anywhere under those credentials and play the game. It means when you leave that location, no one can play your charatcer there (assuming you dont leave it logged in or give them the PW).

This also means that any player (F2P players included) who decide they enjoy the game (all of you, right) can go out and buy the boxed version or an upgraded Collectors Edition or Ultimate Edition, enter the code in it (via Trion's web site or in game), and the benefits will be applied to your account.

Hope this helps!

--Phantasie

EDIT: Ninjaed on Sunday, and also realized I responded to two different posts in the same thread - removed one of them :)

Hey Phan-man! You forgot to mention that the Digital Deluxe upgrade, would also give the owner benefits, unless that was changed! :p

crystal030405
01-11-2015, 09:41 PM
Hi Vash

Correct.

Hope this helps!

--Phantasie

you need yo check into as why people who are buying a idsc copy aint getting there 1000 arkforge for buying the game

Symbiosis2099
01-11-2015, 09:46 PM
you should make sure that, when/if you buy the game on disc, it is a new copy. If you buy a used copy chances are the code has already been used.

Atticus Batman
01-11-2015, 09:48 PM
you need yo check into as why people who are buying a idsc copy aint getting there 1000 arkforge for buying the game

The arkforge was only granted to those who bought the disc copy BEFORE it went free-to-play on the system it was bought for. However I assume, you are actually talking about the guys who have owned the disc since way before f2p, but got the title but no af when they finally game back.

My guess is it is because they didn't log in after the af was given and before it went f2p, so the system assumed they just got the disc version. I do hope that gets fixed for those that were affected.

Chris Robet
01-11-2015, 09:50 PM
The arkforge was only granted to those who bought the disc copy BEFORE it went free-to-play on the system it was bought for. However I assume, you are actually talking about the guys who have owned the disc since way before f2p, but got the title but no af when they finally game back.

My guess is it is because they didn't log in after the af was given and before it went f2p, so the system assumed they just got the disc version. I do hope that gets fixed for those that were affected.

What I'm wondering is why the people who bought the disk after free to play get the "Old School" title? it kind of devalues it because anyone can get the title.

Atticus Batman
01-11-2015, 09:52 PM
What I'm wondering is why the people who bought the disk after free to play get the "Old School" title? it kind of devalues it because anyone can get the title.

DO they? I know they don't get the Af. And thought they don't get the title either.

Chris Robet
01-11-2015, 09:55 PM
DO they? I know they don't get the Af. And thought they don't get the title either.

That's what I've seen several times in multiple forum posts. I don't personally know anyone with it that (I know) is free to play (*sigh* we console players are antisocial lone wolfs by nature) so I can't confirm it myself.

Atticus Batman
01-11-2015, 10:01 PM
That's what I've seen several times in multiple forum posts. I don't personally know anyone with it that (I know) is free to play (*sigh* we console players are antisocial lone wolfs by nature) so I can't confirm it myself.

Not sure myself. Some people who started as f2p also say that got the af after just buyiong the game. Yet people who owned the game from the start and have come back didn't get the Af. So there has to be an issue with something somewhere. Can't say where since none of them had any luck with Customer Support though.

{EDIT} Maybe Phantasietrion needs to make an official post listing what a benefits/bonuses a f2p player gets for buyng a copy of the game or getting the Digital Deluxe upgrade. Then he needs to sticky it. So we don't have to keep trying to help with this, and can just refer them to the sticky instead.

{EDIT 2} Just checked their official Q and A and found this:

Defiance Free-to-Play Frequently Asked Questions

I currently own Defiance, what benefits will I get when F2P releases?

All Defiance owners will enjoy more character slots, loadouts, ark keycode capacity, and inventory slots than free-to-play accounts. For those looking to expand what they already have, we'll even be offering increases to these limits. Defiance owners will have the following on their account when F2P launches:
•Character Slots: 4
•Loadouts: 5
•Ark Keycode Maximum: 75
•Inventory Slots: 70
• •Existing characters will retain any extra inventory slots they have

•30-Day Paradise Patron Pass
•Grant of 1000 Arkforge

What will I receive if I am a F2P player only?

Once F2P launches, players who join the Ark Hunt will receive the following on their account:
•Character Slots: 2
•Loadouts: 2
•Ark Keycode Maximum: 50
•Inventory Slots: 35

What does the Paradise Patron status provide?

Paradise Patrons will receive the following benefits:
•Boosts to skill, XP, scrip, salvage, and reputation gain rates that stack with boosts available in the store.
•10% store-wide discount on boosts, costumes, lock boxes - all of it!
•A daily grab bag of two-hour boosts.
•Arkforge from Daily and Weekly Ark Hunter Bonus Lock Boxes. (Playing on Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3? Be sure to link your account to get this bonus!)

Will there be an optional Paradise Patron subscription? What does it offer?

Yes! The Paradise Patron subscription and non-recurring passes will grant a number of benefits:
•Boosts to Skill, XP, Scrip, Salvage, and Reputation gain rates that stack with boosts available in the store.
•10% store-wide discount on boosts, costumes, lock boxes - all of it!
•A daily grab bag of two-hour boosts.
•Arkforge from Daily and Weekly Ark Hunter Bonus Lock Boxes. (Console players must link their accounts to receive these benefits and bonuses!)

Where are my extra Keycodes and Inventory slots?

Some of your Inventory Slots and Keycodes are moved to the account claimables section of the Defiance Store. In order to access these, you will need to claim them from your Claim Items section and they will be instantly added to your character.

https://trionworlds.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203374298-Defiance-Free-to-Play-Frequently-Asked-Questions

So it appears they SHOULD get the AF, but NOT the Title. So it appears I owe Crystal an apology as well as one or 2 others and need to post this info elsewhere.

crystal030405
01-11-2015, 10:52 PM

thats nt true i bought my mom a xbox and this game for christmas i told her to go to live chat they said it was a bug then gave her 1000 arkforge

Atticus Batman
01-11-2015, 10:55 PM
thats nt true i bought my mom a xbox and this game for christmas i told her to go to live chat they said it was a bug then gave her 1000 arkforge

I noticed that. see the post above yours. However since you missed it. I again, apologize.

Also you are a gamer and have a mom who plays games like this instead of just facebook games? Damn do I have the wrong girlfriend! She thinks video blackjack is a great videogame!

Etaew
01-12-2015, 06:24 AM
We should write up a post on this for players who aren't used to the difference between an MMO and a traditional single player game, since I see this come up periodically.

I wrote an article on F2P 8 months ago, could maybe do with a few points updating: http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=194

r1p
01-12-2015, 07:29 AM
I wonder if the confusion with regard to Arkforge comes from which version of the game people are buying? I am/was F2P on the PS3 and bought the ultimate edition in October. It did come with 1000 Arkforge but I'm pretty sure that was due to the fact that the ultimate edition included the season pass and the Arkforge was a feature of DLC5. As for the "Old School" title, I'd have to check my toon to make sure but I don't think I received it.

PhantasieTrion
01-12-2015, 01:13 PM
Hi Everyone

We double checked the entitlements just now for all platforms:

Players who enter the in-box should receive 1000 Arkforge.
Players who enter the in-box code do not receive the Old School title.

If you did not recieve your arkforge, please PM me. Please also make sure your accounts are linked.

And, to be clear, codes are platform specific. A code from a PC box will not grant you the benefits on consoles. This is one of the most typical confusion points.

--Phantasie