PDA

View Full Version : Is Repo Man back?

Ryker Vorton
01-11-2015, 07:58 AM
The day before yesterday had one of these, disregarded it as a simple ocassional incident, but last night i had it happening three times, got into my vehicle, start rolling and, within a 40 seconds window, my butt was bouncing on the ground (well, kind of head-butt-head-butt as the characters keep doing the rolling thing when exiting vehicles)

This happened yesterday between 22:30 and 23:30 hr (GMT -3) in PC/NA

Mister Derpenhowser
01-11-2015, 08:02 AM
I have a feeling when they removed the event they've accidentally removed a bunch of other patches tbh

Leprochaun
01-11-2015, 08:03 AM
Aye. I've experienced it a few times as well.

Xaat Xuun
01-11-2015, 01:10 PM
I've been ejected, but not repo
depending how far my ride rolls away . . . Sometimes I can get back on same ride

PhantasieTrion
01-11-2015, 01:48 PM
Interested to here more details on this guys. There's always the potential that there were multiple paths to cause the ejection bug and we only fixed the main one.

I have a feeling when they removed the event they've accidentally removed a bunch of other patches tbh

This isn't possible. The content for events are always available to the client/server. Those events are scheduled in advance to start/end at a specific date. There is no deployment or patch needed to disable an event, and thus no chance of reverting previous patches. We don't even need to bring the servers down to start/end them.

--Phantasie

Rattler20200
01-11-2015, 03:25 PM
lol
Haven't been Repo'd for a bit but I have seen people suddenly just... hover in mid air during the Player Convoys in major Arkfalls and Incursions. Not sure if any of them were in Rollers, but I know a few were on Runners.

Mister Derpenhowser
01-11-2015, 03:52 PM
Interested to here more details on this guys. There's always the potential that there were multiple paths to cause the ejection bug and we only fixed the main one.

This isn't possible. The content for events are always available to the client/server. Those events are scheduled in advance to start/end at a specific date. There is no deployment or patch needed to disable an event, and thus no chance of reverting previous patches. We don't even need to bring the servers down to start/end them.

--Phantasie

Okay, but somethings up since the removal on Solstice Strike. The lag is horrendous on ps3 and I don't usually suffer like this with lag.

Ryker Vorton
01-11-2015, 05:49 PM

--Phantasie

Ok, let me know what kind of aditional info can I provide and i'll do my best to do it. As for now, in the case this happens again i will keep track of it's time, location and as many other data i can harvest.

stefb42
01-12-2015, 07:22 AM
Haven't been repo'd lately but I often see a peculiar visual glitch going on, I see someone riding their runner and they get kicked from the vehicle, however the vehicle continues on its journey without it's rider, I followed a couple to major arkfalls and they are clearly still controlling the runner as its cornering and reversing when it crashes, but from my perspective it looks like the player is standing in the road and their runner is driving on without a rider, but moreso the point, the ejection from their vehicle looks just like it does when being repossessed

DSW
01-12-2015, 10:35 PM
lol
Haven't been Repo'd for a bit but I have seen people suddenly just... hover in mid air during the Player Convoys in major Arkfalls and Incursions. Not sure if any of them were in Rollers, but I know a few were on Runners.

same, seen the second part of it - sentient runner, going somewhere without rider on it

PhantasieTrion
01-12-2015, 10:59 PM
same, seen the second part of it - sentient runner, going somewhere without rider on it

This is a different problem (and its been around quite awhile), and not related to the repo man. The person is on their vehicle, it only appears like they aren't on your local client (the game has decided to stop rendering the rider as an optimization of some sort)

Thanks for reporting it though!

--Phantasie

Elroyhuman
01-12-2015, 11:26 PM
Repo Man never left, I have had this happen to me since i started playing. Sometimes many times a day, sometimes it skips a day, but I always amm getting jacked