PDA

View Full Version : No Major Impact Sites On Northern/South Island's! Why?

Xn xN7x
01-11-2015, 08:10 AM
Just wondering why the northern island and silicon valley doesn't have major sites?
there are major arks that drop around these areas. Makes sense to have impact sites to wouldn't it? lol

Alittle confused to this?

Ryker Vorton
01-11-2015, 08:35 AM
I think i remember it was modified like that a couple months ago on purpose. I remember seeing some major arkbreaks on the mainland some time ago (about 3500 ego levels ago on my alt)

Altras
01-11-2015, 08:43 AM
I think i remember it was modified like that a couple months ago on purpose. I remember seeing some major arkbreaks on the mainland some time ago (about 3500 ego levels ago on my alt)

Indeed it was modified when they added chances of getting a clean instance when starting a major. They reduced the major arkbreaks to san fran only

Xn xN7x
01-11-2015, 08:46 AM
I think it would be nice to have them back. Just cause if you think about it hosting warmaster's on the northern island well that is where most of the massive amount of players are. So if you hosted a warmaster near there i'm sure it would be fun for the low levels and also gives them a chance to gain some xp and arkforge while they play the game.

Ryker Vorton
01-11-2015, 09:03 AM
I thin the opposite, having them in SF, ideally in the hardest place to be they can possibly be on is a good thing because it helps to get less low ego players and more high ego ones, hence increasing the already doubtfull odds of defeating WM with a PUG.

Mister Derpenhowser
01-11-2015, 09:43 AM
Yeah I'm all for no noob island WM, and SV is just too small... I'd guess they'd end up getting wiped out by incursions more often than not.

Wilhelm Keitel
01-11-2015, 10:27 AM
Location has nothing to do with what ego level you are any more. Anyone can get to San Fran and SV there is nothing to stop a 500 ego from being anyplace. I see low levels every day in San Fran and SV fighting right along side at incursions and arkfalls.
Now as for them being in WM no please god no they do not belong there they just muck it up.

Ryker Vorton
01-11-2015, 10:39 AM
It doesn't prevent it but it does minimize it a bit simply because most of the lower ego activities (mission wise) are i the mainland.

BC001
01-11-2015, 08:44 PM
What keeps a lot of the newer people away from the arkbreaks in SF is not the fact their missions are mostly up north, it is more likely to be the rough terrain. The hardest thing for most people to learn it seems is vehicle control and the terrain in SF is frustrating to many before the driving controls become reflexive (I have a friend who I play with a lot who refuses to drive there anymore for that reason for example).

Using the "nearby" listings with show ego turned on there are a lot of low to mid EGO people at any event and usually only a few 5ks. If you go to the ones that are the furthest from teleport points and halfway decent roads in SF that percentage favors the higher EGOs a bit and attendance seems to be lower as well.

Unlike the opinions of some people though, it is impossible to tell for sure what EGO a character is by their actions or equipment. Not only do experienced players have low level alts, many new players do listen to what others say and comport themselves well, and the ones acting like stereotypical 'noobs' come in all EGO levels.