PDA

View Full Version : Defiance On Xbox One

Xn xN7x
01-11-2015, 09:04 AM
Is this happening or a future thing?

I hope so really love this game n don't want to stop playing it when
the xbox live server's go down. Ah so many memories and more to make before it does. ^.^

Praxus07
01-11-2015, 06:40 PM
I read somewhere, possibly here, that there were no plans for One/ps4. Which actually is cool with me since I don't plan on buying either console.

JKG
01-11-2015, 06:44 PM
Wont happen the cash an people are not there to justify the cost and time.

Symbiosis2099
01-11-2015, 07:10 PM
I wouldn't worry much about the xbox servers going down, it will likely be several years before that happens. If it's the 'xbox going offline in 2016' rumor you're worried about, that's simply not true. All microsoft is doing is ceasing production of 360 consoles. Microsoft loves making money, and with all the dlc, arcade games, and people paying for live, they would be screwing themselves out of a lot of cash if they just pulled the plug next year.

The original xbox stayed online for quite awhile after 360 came out, and there was very little to buy on it. So I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. If you're really nervous about it, start saving now for a good gaming pc ;)

PhantasieTrion
01-11-2015, 07:21 PM
At this point there are no plans to move to XBox One or PS4.

I can't speak for MS, but I have zero worry about Live stopping anytime soon.

--Phantasie

hardy83
01-11-2015, 07:47 PM
Oh it would be nice to see the game on PS4 and One, along with at least HD textures on PC.
It would be good timing when so many people are disappointed with Destiny and there really being no other competitor.
With Defiance showing up and saying "Hey, this is a real MMO shooter and you're going to love it."

But alas, it seems unlikely. I'm sure that wouldn't be the case if they thought the cost of porting would be profitable enough, but they either don't care or can't justify paying for the graphic boost as well as cost of porting and going through MS/Sony approval process.

I'm also sure they'd cross platform it too if MS/Sony weren't stupid about cross communication.
Nothing saying pushing the online boundaries like walled gardens that can't talk with the outside world. lol

PhantasieTrion
01-11-2015, 08:17 PM
... but they either don't care ...

Hi Hardy

I see posts similar to this - saying Trion dosent do X and from that conclude that we don't care - off and on, and they always surprise me.

I can assure you we care :)

--Phantasie

taco man 67
01-11-2015, 09:18 PM
Hi Hardy

I see posts similar to this - saying Trion dosent do X and from that conclude that we don't care - off and on, and they always surprise me.

--PhantasieI still like cheese

Xn xN7x
01-11-2015, 11:18 PM
Well if they ever do shut the servers down i'm hunting phantasie down until I can get back on with my xbox one XD haha

Oktharr
01-12-2015, 12:26 AM

--Phantasie

No!!! You can't say that! If a dev makes it apparent that he cares about the user base, that would go against everything the MMO community has ever thought! To the dungeon with this propaganda!

Everyone: Grab your pitch forks. We have a dev to visit.

hardy83
01-12-2015, 01:58 PM
Hi Hardy

--Phantasie

Well, I did say you "either" don't care or another deduced guess, which was more it not being financially viable, which is honestly the part I think is stopping the game from being ported.
I had to think of at least two reasons, and other than it not being financially viable (at the moment at least), I can't really think of any other reasons. lol It's not like it's technically impossible, it is, it's just a matter of time and money.

I know you care. :P I'm sure you would all love to see Defiance on new gen systems running at 1080p with nice HD textures.

MagnusRune Daltus
01-15-2015, 09:19 AM
for reference, you think know it cost Sony $60 million to port there own MMO 'Marvel Universe Online' from PS3 to PS4... they own the game and the console, yet it cost them $60 million.

and you want Trion to do both Xbone and PS4....

Xn xN7x
01-15-2015, 12:14 PM
As life goes. Have to spend money to make money :)

Tigercml
01-15-2015, 03:08 PM
I would love a PS4 version. Maybe then the game would be more stable and I'd be able to play for more than 30 minutes without getting disconnected from the server.

HnyBear
03-22-2015, 08:59 PM
Xbone is needed... I know as a person whom played avidly on the PC, I'd love to be able to play again on the Xbone. My computer chair just doesn't feel as comfortable anymore, I need my couch. :)

MagnusRune Daltus
03-23-2015, 05:42 AM
well with windows 10, you will be able to play XBONE games via wifi on your PC and the other way round i think.

ie you start up game on the PC, and it is streamed to your XBONE and you control via it.. but unless you have some super Wifi, or a hard line connection between the 2.... will be unplayable do to the input lag.

Alastar
03-23-2015, 08:16 AM
I see some people saying they'd like ports but I have to ask. Aren't you guys even remotely horrified of what we get from it? Launch day round 2 anybody? :p

Bentu
03-23-2015, 08:52 AM
I'm not tech savy so don't know when or how this works but there's going to be an update on xbox one which will give you windows 10, this will then make it possible for people on xbox one to play pc games and as Defiance is on pc I'd hazard a guess that xbox one users would be able to play Defiance.

I mentioned it here.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?204319-Heard-something-interesting

Claydough
03-23-2015, 11:05 AM
Im suprised they are not looking into it considering how much the consols struggle with playing the game.

But theres no denying to cost doing so, even if it is just a straight change over.

Skoamroth
03-24-2015, 04:47 AM
EDIT irrelavent

Cerunan
07-20-2015, 08:31 PM
Hi Hardy

--Phantasie
Any updates on the XBOX ONE client?

xXxDSMer
07-21-2015, 01:05 AM
Any updates on the XBOX ONE client?

Go vote for defiance in 360 emulation on x1... link in sig.

recaltotal
12-08-2015, 05:20 AM
that sucks i loved defiance only reason i stopped playing it was coz of getting a xbox one and you have no intention of moving it over pfft glyth/trion is worse than i thought for moneys then

even after releasing another season this year talk about not thinking of players and thinking of money

ImmortalNinja18
02-18-2016, 08:52 PM
Game Spot reported that game developer Trion Worlds confirmed that the video game will continue. “Defiance” premiered on TV in April 2013, together with the game, playable on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC. “Defiance” initially started as a paid title, but later became a free-to-play model. The game developer stated that the MMO might be available for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 if their install base becomes large enough

Source: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.latinospost.com/articles/75899/20151019/defiance-tv-series-cancelled-video-game-will-live.htm&ved=0ahUKEwjWybaX9oLLAhVIbSYKHUINCJEQFghAMAc&usg=AFQjCNGCvFguzhqJGd5i1Z0ykwMWLwwU0w&sig2=D8fseIY7Adeqi5AbxLu5IA

StanleyPain
02-18-2016, 10:03 PM
Defiance can be voted for in Microsoft's official poll about which 360 games to make backwards compatable with the XBO over at the MS feedback forums. https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/298503

It might make a difference, you never know.