PDA

View Full Version : Chimera DLC

Tygra maneater
01-11-2015, 12:50 PM
My husband owns the Chimera pack and decided to start the game over again with his 2nd character. His 2nd character did not get the 1,000 Arkforge. The only thing his 2nd character got was the outfit and title.

He is complaining he got screwed and I told him he probably has to be at a certain ego before he can get the arkforge since the DLC is for experts, not noobs. Who is right, him or me??

pebcak
01-11-2015, 12:53 PM
not to sound mean but you only get the 1k arkforge on the 1st chat that you log on with any othr alts dont get it.

stefb42
01-11-2015, 12:53 PM
Arkforge grants are per account, not character I'm afraid, if he already claimed 1000 forge on his account then that's it, otherwise anytime we needed some arkforge we'd just create a new character

Edit: So as for who's right l, you're both wrong I guess, he didn't get screwed over, its just how it works, nor will he be getting it at a higher ego, harmony may prevail

Wilhelm Keitel
01-11-2015, 12:54 PM
My husband owns the Chimera pack and decided to start the game over again with his 2nd character. His 2nd character did not get the 1,000 Arkforge. The only thing his 2nd character got was the outfit and title.

He is complaining he got screwed and I told him he probably has to be at a certain ego before he can get the arkforge since the DLC is for experts, not noobs. Who is right, him or me??

You are both wrong arkforge is per account not per character once you claim it and use it it is gone.

Mister Derpenhowser
01-11-2015, 01:18 PM
Yep, per account unfortunately. As for 'if we needed arkforge we'd just make a new toon' comment. Thats ridiculous, AF is useless to low level toons and the effort needed to get an alt to 5k+ would make this supposed exploit worthless. I honestly feel every character should get it. Just like every character should get the bonuses I paid for on the overpriced recruit pack, or inventory upgrades I bought in the bitstore. Then again, trions too busy filling its pockets with badly rigged boxes and these other money grabbing schemes to give a damn.

Oh yeah, the carving knife... put a blade mod on it, bought with real money, it stripped the nano. I message Rashere and what response do I get? 'Blade colour and nano and intrinsically tied' yeah, where was that mentioned? Never told they would sort it for me, they should have. The error is theirs. But nooo, had to make a decision to crush either my mod or knife.

I try not to make a point of venting here but all this, the lag, dc's, freezes and forum spam have taken their toll.

stefb42
01-11-2015, 02:37 PM
Ridiculous? Really? So it wouldn't be possible to make 5 alts, pass 10 sweet top ego purple guns to a friend, have them pass 2 to each alt, upgrade those guns to orange then pass them back to friend then back to main? Then delete those alts and start again? Why would one need to be ego 5000? And what do you think max ego players spend forge on? No need to upgrade rating because everything is already at our ego, resetting masteries and upgrading rarity is all the use people have for forge at max ego, this would absolutely be exploited if it was per character

Mister Derpenhowser
01-11-2015, 03:56 PM
Granted I did not think of that side, I'm ego 5651 and all of my arkforge goes on levelling weapons. All those other things SHOULD transfer between characters though. Its a rip off and not stated either way.

stefb42
01-11-2015, 04:33 PM
Certainly agree they should, just pointing out possibly why they don't, what seems an even bigger con to me is purchases from the bit store only applying to character it was bought on, I mean things like extra inventory slots and extra keycode capacity,

must be even worse for the f2p guys, buying extra keycode capacity and inventory slots along with more character slots, they'll think they're pretty much up to par with the buy2play players, until they decide to create a new character and find the increased inventory/keycodes don't count there and they're back to f2p status

Mister Derpenhowser
01-11-2015, 04:37 PM
My point exactly, the prices are already ramped up too much and then they dont go across all toons? At the very least it should state it in the item description

wjssmith
01-11-2015, 06:14 PM
I did a support question about this when i started my alt character and was told by support that the arkforge was a one time claim item. Also i noticed that the daily and weekly arkhunter rewards could only be claimed by one character (god forbid we got an extra 500 scrip or 380 arksalvage). I usually grab it with my low ego character as my high ego character picks up plenty of loot.

BC001
01-11-2015, 06:40 PM
Not only is the arkforge a one-time grant, it goes on whichever server you first log in on after buying the DLC and not on the other.

The daily and weekly things are server specific too, you get it once on NA and once on EU each disbursement cycle, not once for each character.

SirServed
01-11-2015, 06:48 PM
I did a support question about this when i started my alt character and was told by support that the arkforge was a one time claim item. Also i noticed that the daily and weekly arkhunter rewards could only be claimed by one character (god forbid we got an extra 500 scrip or 380 arksalvage). I usually grab it with my low ego character as my high ego character picks up plenty of loot.
If you look at the cost of Arkforge in the store, it's pretty much $20 per 500 and they GIVE you the $40 equivalent just for buying a $10 DLC pack. Aside from all the things this DLC actually gives you access to, they GIVE you $40 worth of a resource that's not easy to obtain in large amounts. If you pay $40 for a Season Pass, you could think of it as buying 1000 Arkforge from the store and getting all 5 DLC packs for free. I'm sorry that people somehow can't see this as a Win-Win scenario.

Furthermore, you have the Paradise Patron Pass, your Daily and Weekly rewards are guaranteed to grant 10 and 50 Arkforge, respectively. If you do the math, giving Daily and Weekly rewards to all your characters could equate to 40+ Arkforge granted to your account daily and 800+ granted weekly for a total of 1080+ Arkforge granted weekly to your account (if you have at least 4 characters). That would be bad for business. This doesn't even include the boosts that you get during the Pass period.

The boosts granted:
20% XP, Scrip, Reputation, Skills and Salvage
10% Score and Arkforge

SmokinRoses
01-11-2015, 06:55 PM
If you look at the cost of Arkforge in the store, it's pretty much $20 per 500 and they GIVE you the $40 equivalent just for buying a $10 DLC pack. Aside from all the things this DLC actually gives you access to, they GIVE you $40 worth of a resource that's not easy to obtain in large amounts. If you pay $40 for a Season Pass, you could think of it as buying 1000 Arkforge from the store and getting all 5 DLC packs for free. I'm sorry that people somehow can't see this as a Win-Win scenario.

Furthermore, you have the Paradise Patron Pass, your Daily and Weekly rewards are guaranteed to grant 10 and 50 Arkforge, respectively. If you do the math, giving Daily and Weekly rewards to all your characters could equate to 40+ Arkforge granted to your account daily and 800+ granted weekly for a total of 1080+ Arkforge granted weekly to your account (if you have at least 4 characters). That would be bad for business. This doesn't even include the boosts that you get during the Pass period.

The boosts granted:
10% Score and Arkforge

*Claps* Way to go on your Math! Thanks for the visual, now I'm considering the Paradise Patron Pass. Lol! I didn't know they did Arkforge's for weekly and daily. :D

wjssmith
01-11-2015, 07:48 PM
LOL, I actually understood that, not to mention the arkspike, if you have revolutions, worth 10,000 scrip. But honestly how many new players are playing multiple characters during the patron pass period? And if they are how many hours in the day could they get in, 8 maybe? My real point was about the miniscule rewards from the daily and weekly arkhunter rewards. Also if it is one account and not individual characters should'nt those resourses (Arkforge and Arkspike batteries) be a single pool shared by all of your characters; instead of held hostage on the first characters "account".?

The boosts granted:
10% Score and Arkforge