PDA

View Full Version : Lack of events.

ShawnyBee
01-11-2015, 10:15 PM
I don't get to play as much as I used to or frequent the forums, so I might have missed something.

Has something happened to the event scheduler?

When I do play I notice a lot of time between events, with almost nothing going on. It used to be Arkfalls, Sieges and Incursions running all over the place. Sure Incursions and Arkfalls would collided at times causing them to stop. But there was always another event to jump to.

I can't remember the last time I saw a hellbug major Arkfall.

Chris Robet
01-11-2015, 10:18 PM
The spawn rate has seen a little low lately though, I'm not sure what could be causing these problems.

Atticus Batman
01-11-2015, 10:28 PM
The spawn rate has seen a little low lately though, I'm not sure what could be causing these problems.

It was nerfed on purpose. They felt that overcrowding the world with constant events caused some of the lag and freeze/crash issues. So they lowered the number of events we see at one time, as well as how often they spawn.

ShawnyBee
01-11-2015, 11:11 PM
It was nerfed on purpose. They felt that overcrowding the world with constant events caused some of the lag and freeze/crash issues. So they lowered the number of events we see at one time, as well as how often they spawn.

Well that's disappointing to here. I much preferred the overcrowded feel.

Chris Robet
01-11-2015, 11:12 PM
Well that's disappointing to here.

GRAMMAR POLICE!!! It's hear not here. Just kidding I'm tired and I've got exams in the morning feel free to ignore me.

Atticus Batman
01-11-2015, 11:12 PM
Agreed. I loved having to decide what to do. Now I just wander until I happen upon something.

ShawnyBee
01-11-2015, 11:26 PM
GRAMMAR POLICE!!! It's hear not here. Just kidding I'm tired and I've got exams in the morning feel free to ignore me.

Shouldn't you have a comma or 2 in that last sentence?

BC001
01-12-2015, 01:37 AM
If nothing much is happening it sometimes helps to "go to clanmate" to jump shards and see if anything is happening on that one. Sometimes doing that drops you right into a major arkfall or other action too.

Ryker Vorton
01-12-2015, 09:55 AM
Yeah, the game used to get me hooked much more when there were a lot of events happening all the time, some of them are rarer than the others (or the server just hates me, but i rarely see chinatown siege or kenn farm siege anymore, maybe one of them every 10 of the others, and they usually are 1 afflicted siege every 3 volge sieges)

Still, there are an awful lot of road emergencies everywhere what basically no one seem to care for anything except avoiding them while running our vehicles, maybe reducing them instead of the major events would have the same effect lag wise. Just a thought.

WhiteStrike
01-12-2015, 10:05 AM
Yeah, the game used to get me hooked much more when there were a lot of events happening all the time, some of them are rarer than the others (or the server just hates me, but i rarely see chinatown siege or kenn farm siege anymore, maybe one of them every 10 of the others, and they usually are 1 afflicted siege every 3 volge sieges)

Still, there are an awful lot of road emergencies everywhere what basically no one seem to care for anything except avoiding them while running our vehicles, maybe reducing them instead of the major events would have the same effect lag wise. Just a thought.
Yeah,the emergencies need more rewards if they expect us to have any interest in them.Also,I actually see alot more afflicted sieges than Volge sieges for some reason(a 4/1 ratio to be precise).

cmpowell
01-12-2015, 11:06 AM
and i thought it was just because the solstice event ended and wasn't there to plug the holes

Grey Dawn
01-12-2015, 11:26 AM

Indeed this. They also did it to keep the current logged in players from being spread too far out among too many events - essentially herding all the players to a few specific events to make the game world feel fuller.