PDA

View Full Version : LOOOOTS of questions and more to come

swatti
04-04-2013, 11:59 AM
Right, some stupid, and yes, im a noob here...

In no particular order, here goes:

1: Modding "resource"
I break down all the useless and cheap junk to resources, where do i see how much of it have? Takes a few grand to mod some guns so...

2: Key "thingys"
It takes 60-something key fragments to buy a lockbox of goodies, where do get these the quickest?

3: Arkfalls
So, you shoot stuff and get, EXP and money... Thats it? Wheres the hi-tech shooters and stuff, ive been first on DMG like six times and just get lame exp

4: Starter "classes"
Does it matter what "class" of charter i pick in the start? Does it affect the EGO grid or just my looks. The perks aint that game-changing imo

5: MOAR DAKKA!
How do i get more then 500 spare rounds? Seriously, takes like 3 minutes to empty em in Arkfalls and then run to the box again, i like fast ROF-guns ^^

6: Instances
Dont i get phat lootz after the last boss? Just money and EXP... Also the mid-boss in explosions 101 doesnt really drop anything worth while

7: Elemental effects
Sooooo, guns got em, what do they do? Cmon, i wanna light some people ON FIRE!! Worked nice in borderlands ^^

8: "Im back!"
What recharges the self-rezz thingy... Ppl arent very keen on ressing other even in instances.

Xtheoneandonly
04-04-2013, 12:02 PM
1: the stats tab of the character menu
2: arkfalls and dynamic events
3: Loot tables are still of as of now
4: Origins only affect startung gun/outfit
5: There is no way to increase the ammo pools as of now
6: See answer #3
7: there's a fire dot, an armor debuff, a damage debuff, a daze effect, and a health leech
8: there's a cooldown and some perks reduce that cooldown.

Procha
04-04-2013, 12:07 PM
Right, some stupid, and yes, im a noob here...

In no particular order, here goes:

1: Modding "resource"
I break down all the useless and cheap junk to resources, where do i see how much of it have? Takes a few grand to mod some guns so...
A: In game its the Green stuff that looks like a bunch of green crap. or, got to a merchant and you can see from there. They arwe conveniently located all over. They look like shopping carts.

2: Key "thingys"
It takes 60-something key fragments to buy a lockbox of goodies, where do get these the quickest?
A: Do the challenges. I got like 5 from being bronze on a rampage i think. but yea, do that.

3: Arkfalls
So, you shoot stuff and get, EXP and money... Thats it? Wheres the hi-tech shooters and stuff, ive been first on DMG like six times and just get lame exp
A: The killing is the fun part. Go around and kill stuff. Its fun for me since i release alot of rage there.

4: Starter "classes"
Does it matter what "class" of charter i pick in the start? Does it affect the EGO grid or just my looks. The perks aint that game-changing imo
A:Remember you can reroll your ego stats for a small fee. If that helps.

5: MOAR DAKKA!
How do i get more then 500 spare rounds? Seriously, takes like 3 minutes to empty em in Arkfalls and then run to the box again, i like fast ROF-guns ^^
A: Dunno.. im still a noob as well.

6: Instances
Dont i get phat lootz after the last boss? Just money and EXP... Also the mid-boss in explosions 101 doesnt really drop anything worth while
A: Enjoy the instance bro. Its telling you a story.

7: Elemental effects
Sooooo, guns got em, what do they do? Cmon, i wanna light some people ON FIRE!! Worked nice in borderlands ^^
A: When you find a gun, on the bottom it should have an elemental symbol. Read the description and yes, they do burn or fry when u shoot.

8: "Im back!"
What recharges the self-rezz thingy... Ppl arent very keen on ressing other even in instances.
A: recharge is by minutes. I know that feel tho.. i have died many a times and no rez.

I am fairly a noob as well, but I played beta for a few days so this is what i can answer. The answers are on the quot as "A:"

Swarm
04-04-2013, 12:08 PM
1. status tab in char window
2. key frags were taken out in beta it seems so they just give ya the full blown keys\
to get them do the random quests you see on the road or arkfalls
3. alot hasnt been implemented but it believe they give ya the cash n resource n sht to get em from lock boxes
OR you sometimes see blue n green items drop at small arkfalls.
4. starter has to do with outfit and weapons...
5. get different weapon classes and keep tabs on ammo boxes
6. its all about drop luck. you wont get something every time. its how mmos work. if everyone got a badass weap then itd be too balanced
7. some have fire, some have biological, some have a weird purple thingy. its just kile borderlands in the fact that every shot dont proc
8.self res is influenced by some perks but its usually just a like 2 min timer or something maybe more

swatti
04-04-2013, 03:32 PM
Getting a bit bored... No crafting, i cant find new actually usefull weapons, my main-gun runs out of ammo all the time unless i run from box to box, arkfalls offer nothing really usefull for the efford and finaly, the main quest-line got bugged and wont progress.

Basicly what i hate the most is the weapons. 70% of the guns are just plain useless.
Infectors, BRILLIANT idea for a gun but just plain useless damage.
Rocket-launchers, too low area-dmg and run out of ammo way too fast
Nade-launchers, decent enough to be usable but too low aoe and low'ish ammo
BMGs, short range, way too short link-range and pathetic damage
Burn-nades have pitifull damage
Poop-nades have allmighty 4% snare... Like, "whoah!"
Flashbangs dont do damage... "Ehh..."

Right now im stuck with a "epic" AR from the episode-quests. When modded its pretty nasty.

Also im stuck with a rather pathetic ~1k'ish shield. It does charge in less then 3sec. I find that more usefull then 20% more S-hp for 9sec charge. Simply idiotic tradeoff imo. Also not being able to mod shields is bad.

Doing side-missions gives random mod-revards so finding a good one is just plain luck, the side-missions are rather boring too or even replaying a story-mission.
Looking thru what different mods offer, theres not much usefull ones apart from the usual "more accuracy" etc and my personal favorite, a larger magazine.

Fighting is getting a bit tedious too. The EGO-perks dont offer that much change in the gameplay and it seems i need to be much higher level to unlock more perk-slots. I was hoping for more usefull "skills" then just up my weapon-damage for while.
Decoy i simply never "need", invisibility lasts a short time and offers not much more uses and blur i also would never see myself needing over a pure damage-buff. Also its surrounding perks are more combat-related and thus seem usefull to me.

I'm not new to MMOs and usually end up playing some form of "summoner" etc class that relies on NPC-minions to do their dirty work. This game could use a NPC-pet, deployable gun-turret or just some NPC you could gear up and command... Expand things a bit.

Hopefully the main-mission gets fixed so i can do those but to be honest. Is there really anything else to do?

ShyGuySpirit
04-04-2013, 04:04 PM
1. Stats Tab
2. Ark Falls and Random Occurrences
3. They are still updating the Arkfall loots.
4. Some synergy weapons require certain starter classes.
5. No way to increase as of now. Hopefully they will add a cap increase like the inventory bit purchase.
6. Like the Arkfall just wait a little longer. Patches are still going on. A week hasn't gone by yet.
7. There's a percentage on how much it activates, just like borderlands.
8. I believe it is 5 minutes unless you die and extract. Get perks to lower the cooldown.

WASTELAND_SURVIVOR
04-05-2013, 09:44 PM
cant wait for more melee weapons. crossbow, bow, sword but more futuristic type