PDA

View Full Version : Easy vehicle leveling?

Oktharr
01-12-2015, 11:55 AM
So I'm not really sure how vehicles level up. Is it just by driving them? Because I am tempted to use the rubber band trick to drive in a circle.

What's a good way to level up cars?

Brindled
01-12-2015, 11:58 AM
So I'm not really sure how vehicles level up. Is it just by driving them? Because I am tempted to use the rubber band trick to drive in a circle.

What's a good way to level up cars?

yep........

TheStigsCousin
01-12-2015, 12:14 PM
Drive em, jump em, slide em, run things over :D

Keeper Riff
01-12-2015, 12:39 PM
Time Trials and running things over. Time Trials give you boost refill so you eat kilometers faster. Running things over sends damage dealt with your vehicle to the vehicle skill, same as with weapons.

Claydough
01-12-2015, 01:17 PM
There's no real point, you'll level your vehicles long before you'll hit the ego cap

Oktharr
01-12-2015, 03:47 PM
Well with the Rollers (the cars I think, not the ATV's) the time trials... I would benefit greatly from higher leveled vehicle, I believe lol.

Anyways yeah, just gonna keep at it, keep trying!

Claydough
01-12-2015, 04:21 PM
Doesn't really make huge difference to time trials.
Basically with time trials if you crash more than twice causing you to reverse you will fail. Usually you can crash at least once and get gold. So the little buff to speed doesn't really make it easier if you keep crashing.

Chris Robet
01-12-2015, 04:27 PM
Doesn't really make huge difference to time trials.
Basically with time trials if you crash more than twice causing you to reverse you will fail. Usually you can crash at least once and get gold. So the little buff to speed doesn't really make it easier if you keep crashing.

It is also hard when you have to decide between killing a wandering hulker and getting a gold.

BC001
01-12-2015, 04:42 PM
Running into an invisible Volge and having the vehicle blow up is a sure way to loose the thing too.

Claydough
01-12-2015, 10:06 PM
i was under the impression that the runner couldnt be blown up during time trials.

i hit several monarchs at >500 ego and never blew up

Atticus Batman
01-13-2015, 12:37 AM
i was under the impression that the runner couldnt be blown up during time trials.

i hit several monarchs at >500 ego and never blew up

Oh they can definitely blow up. You just managed to keep some health when hitting one.

Gai
01-13-2015, 12:41 AM
I maxed out both my runner and roller in a day using these methods.

The fastest way to level up rollers is using the main mission "Cut Off the Head...", use the T4 Titan to drive back and forth across the bridge since the mobs spawn infinitely as long as the mission is active.

The fastest way to level up runners is jumping off the tower in San Francisco.

Climbing the tower tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuQdgUEydeY&feature=youtu.be

Onyxia
01-13-2015, 01:37 PM
It can be blown up during time trials..
I had a lovely encounter with a hellbug monarch once :o

Fallen_Aingeal
01-13-2015, 01:42 PM
Don't fast travel. Drive everywhere. Simple.