PDA

View Full Version : Who else is hoping...

Arkamenitas
08-12-2012, 03:17 PM
for a possible alpha/closed beta announcement for defiance @ either gamescom or pax? i know i am!

Escyos
08-12-2012, 05:30 PM
I know I am.

DougFlorence
08-12-2012, 05:35 PM
I am too eager too see how defiance wil be in beta

Arkamenitas
08-12-2012, 06:23 PM
nnnggghh conventions, why u no NOW?

Jenbuu
08-12-2012, 06:37 PM
3 days lol

Arkamenitas
08-12-2012, 07:01 PM
3 days lol

>.> when im waiting for gaming news, it's more like forever..and a half

Arkamenitas
08-12-2012, 07:04 PM
oh, and to a lesser degree, the defiance pricing model

ObliviousPrime
08-13-2012, 03:59 PM
any news would be cool. more game play footage would be great as well.

Cyber
08-13-2012, 05:34 PM
Any alpha/beta announcement would be good at any time. Happening at PAX Prime or Gamescom is irrelevant.

Matt Treck
08-13-2012, 06:01 PM
I'd love some info, but I doubt we'll get any.

Pitty
08-13-2012, 11:49 PM
Well being in Australia, chances of me getting into a beta test through the various conventions is slim to none.

So i hope there will be other ways.

Arkamenitas
08-14-2012, 02:50 PM
Well being in Australia, chances of me getting into a beta test through the various conventions is slim to none.

So i hope there will be other ways.

If trion's history with EoN/RIFT is any example, there will be no shortage of ways to get into the beta once it's announced

Ravallian
08-18-2012, 03:27 AM
Another Defiance addict needing to score some more information about any possible Beta.....but I'll happily settle for more information on "class" or "species" selection in the mean time :)

Escyos
08-18-2012, 03:36 AM
Another Defiance addict needing to score some more information about any possible Beta.....but I'll happily settle for more information on "class" or "species" selection in the mean time :)

There are no classes in Defiance, you can do whatever you want and modify your weapons and tech for whatever you need. We know that you can play either a human or one of the seven Votan races (Castithan, Irathient, Indojien and four unnamed others)

Ravallian
08-18-2012, 04:31 AM
There are no classes in Defiance, you can do whatever you want and modify your weapons and tech for whatever you need. We know that you can play either a human or one of the seven Votan races (Castithan, Irathient, Indojien and four unnamed others)

Thanks for the info!.....then how about whether each species will have some kind of unique trait;)

Arkamenitas
08-18-2012, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the info!.....then how about whether each species will have some kind of unique trait;)

all the alien races share the unique trait of not being human :p

Alyvian
08-18-2012, 01:08 PM
as someone who played the thingy they had on gamescon, i too hope for an announcement of some sort. But will see when that day comes :)

edit: on gamescon they did have classes but that may just have been for gamescon i do not know.

Arkamenitas
08-18-2012, 04:54 PM
as someone who played the thingy they had on gamescon, i too hope for an announcement of some sort. But will see when that day comes :)

edit: on gamescon they did have classes but that may just have been for gamescon i do not know.

iirc from other gamescom coverage, those "Loadouts" were purely for demoing purposes. pretty sure it was kal's coverage on defiance-central that mentioned that..

Matt Treck
08-18-2012, 05:06 PM
iirc from other gamescom coverage, those "Loadouts" were purely for demoing purposes. pretty sure it was kal's coverage on defiance-central that mentioned that..

This is correct.

You can create your own load-outs, the ones they had at GamesCom were for demo purposes.

Arkamenitas
08-18-2012, 05:32 PM
This is correct.

You can create your own load-outs, the ones they had at GamesCom were for demo purposes.
there you go then alyvian, confirmed

Zerdrikar
08-21-2012, 08:17 PM
I been reading a lot about the game and watching all the previews. The games looks really awesome. Is there a date set for any testing yet?

Arkamenitas
08-22-2012, 02:40 PM
I been reading a lot about the game and watching all the previews. The games looks really awesome. Is there a date set for any testing yet?

nope. nothing came from gamescom really, so lets hope for pax this time!

Night Hawke
08-27-2012, 10:44 AM
I'd Love to see this announcement at pax (I'll be there!). With the lot of mmo's i have texted the average closed/open beta is about 6 months total. Normally with a little bit of lead time for the beta invite registration process. With 8 months until april it's kinda due to happen anytime. :)

Cyanhide
08-27-2012, 02:52 PM
It think its still to early to be talking about beta's yet. Last I heard they sayd what they had to show was verry early Alpha footage.

Early Alpha is like a world without trees. ^^

Cyanhide

Arkamenitas
08-27-2012, 03:18 PM
It think its still to early to be talking about beta's yet. Last I heard they sayd what they had to show was verry early Alpha footage.

Early Alpha is like a world without trees. ^^

Cyanhide

its also likely that the builds they have on show floors are a few months old at the time, builds where they said at some point "hey lets use this at e3" and stop making changes other than bug fixes for that build, while their other internal servers run with their "current" development builds.

Cyanhide
08-28-2012, 03:42 AM
its also likely that the builds they have on show floors are a few months old at the time, builds where they said at some point "hey lets use this at e3" and stop making changes other than bug fixes for that build, while their other internal servers run with their "current" development builds.

Yeah that seems even more likely. Even public test servers run on old material compared to internal servers.
I wonder if Trion has allowed friends and family from co-workers to play yet.

Arkamenitas
08-28-2012, 02:53 PM
I wonder if Trion has allowed friends and family from co-workers to play yet.

seems probable.

Harmil
08-30-2012, 12:30 AM
I would be shocked to see a beta for Defiance open up before Storm Legion ships for Rift. There a bunch of reasons for this, but just off the top off my head:

1. The two projects are probably sharing a good number of PR and marketing people while having just a couple dedicated to each. They're going to want to focus on one big announcement at a time, probably one, then the other, then back.

2. The launch is in April. I'd be shocked if they're looking to have more than 6 months of beta, so a beta launch in October or early November would make sense (SL is announced for "fall" so that works out nicely). Any more time and I think they begin to dilute the anticipation for the show.

3. The last thing they want to do is let their beta announcement or the Rift expansion get drowned out in the noise surrounding WoW's expansion and GW2's release, and both of those will have died down to a dull roar by October after MoP launches in September.

Arkamenitas
08-30-2012, 03:00 PM
I would be shocked to see a beta for Defiance open up before Storm Legion ships for Rift. There a bunch of reasons for this, but just off the top off my head:

1. The two projects are probably sharing a good number of PR and marketing people while having just a couple dedicated to each. They're going to want to focus on one big announcement at a time, probably one, then the other, then back.

2. The launch is in April. I'd be shocked if they're looking to have more than 6 months of beta, so a beta launch in October or early November would make sense (SL is announced for "fall" so that works out nicely). Any more time and I think they begin to dilute the anticipation for the show.

3. The last thing they want to do is let their beta announcement or the Rift expansion get drowned out in the noise surrounding WoW's expansion and GW2's release, and both of those will have died down to a dull roar by October after MoP launches in September.

i find this to be a pretty reasonable assessment.