PDA

View Full Version : "Crystal is unstable and is about to explode!"

Phobos9000
01-13-2015, 11:10 AM
*Everyone stands there and gets blown back*

Ego: I tried to warn them :confused:

Chris Robet
01-13-2015, 12:15 PM
I just muted my ego, she's annoying after listening to her phrases over and over for over a year. But her worst line is, "Let's crack this nut open!!" I really want to kill her again after hearing that.

Onyxia
01-13-2015, 01:29 PM
My ego sometimes says the wrong thing :p

Apparently, she is expecting Dark Matter to arrive at the Hellbug Hive. :rolleyes:

Mister Derpenhowser
01-13-2015, 01:33 PM
Dark Matter majors are best. Run to other side once hunter unit killed, watch everyone get blown back, stand up, get blown back again :) oh the lulz

Nefarious
01-13-2015, 01:52 PM
Speaking of explosions and blasting players back and having Ego warning them about it. Major and Minor Ark Breaks crashing to Earth need to blast players back. You get this huge red indicator on the ground bigger then that of what the Monolith provides and when the Ark Break lands nothing happens. Players should go flying back and get downed from the blast from that.

Tura Satana
01-13-2015, 02:19 PM
Speaking of explosions and blasting players back and having Ego warning them about it. Major and Minor Ark Breaks crashing to Earth need to blast players back. You get this huge red indicator on the ground bigger then that of what the Monolith provides and when the Ark Break lands nothing happens. Players should go flying back and get downed from the blast from that.

I've seen someone get wedged underneath it.. in their car.

And speaking of Ego and Dark Matter, how about "Stop him! Hurry!"

And you can mute just Ego?

Chris Robet
01-13-2015, 02:21 PM
And you can mute just Ego?

By mute I meant that I just turned off character voices.

Mister Derpenhowser
01-13-2015, 02:22 PM
I wish just her voice could get shut off

Chris Robet
01-13-2015, 02:24 PM
I wish just her voice could get shut off

That would be nice, I feel bad for her voice actress because she is probably one of the most hated people in defiance.

Mister Derpenhowser
01-13-2015, 02:28 PM
She got paid, I'm sure she is fine. Only reason I won't shut off all voices is because me n my mates like to taunt each other, often. Lol

Rattler20200
01-13-2015, 02:50 PM
I actually don't mind my EGO talking. Its like I got my own personal Cortana. ^^

Major Crapshot
01-13-2015, 07:19 PM
I also like EGO and her dialogue. Even when she says phrases that don't match what I'm currently doing; it makes me chuckle. :D

On the other hand, the one thing I hated about the Solstice event was going to Shondu's for my present and would hear my favorite merc spouting his only dialogue:

"Hey, you! Have you seen an ark hunter named Nolan? He has an Irathient sidekick. Our employer would like to ask him a few questions." :mad:

I always put two rounds into him when I see/hear him. Too bad he doesn't fall. Note to Devs: make this guy like that one Acolyte that you see at the temples that falls but never dies. :D

Telemachus
01-14-2015, 03:25 AM
Half the time there isn't any warning.

It sort of stops and nothing has happened for awhile, just move away , like a crazy eyed girl that you just met has told you she loves you...

Dixie Cougar
01-14-2015, 03:27 AM
"Hey, you! Have you seen an ark hunter named Nolan? He has an Irathient sidekick. Our employer would like to ask him a few questions." :mad:

I always put two rounds into him when I see/hear him. Too bad he doesn't fall. Note to Devs: make this guy like that one Acolyte that you see at the temples that falls but never dies. :D

They should leave him there but make him killable.

Symbiosis2099
01-14-2015, 05:49 AM
Every time the Ego speaks I'm reminded of Ocarina of time. All I hear is "hey! listen!"

Major Crapshot
01-14-2015, 06:15 AM
They should leave him there but make him killable.

Even better! :D

otonagamer
01-14-2015, 06:51 AM
Dark Matter majors are best. Run to other side once hunter unit killed, watch everyone get blown back, stand up, get blown back again :) oh the lulz

I love this. Everyone should once try standing on the edge of circle(where you don't get blown) and keep watching minimap to see how mass of pink dots move when Monolith blows up.

And I love Ego for her voice and all things she says. I don't care if it's lagged and doesn't match with current situation. I think she's funny and I'm always having fun listening to it.

stefb42
01-14-2015, 08:39 AM

You can also stand behind the pieces of wreckage scattered around, or jump on/in a vehicle to avoid being blown back

Ryker Vorton
01-14-2015, 10:52 AM
Many times my ego seems to be distracted and after it blew up and i flew all over the place she says "I'm detecting instability in the crystal, it's going to explode!" .... no telling!

wjssmith
01-14-2015, 05:54 PM
I have perks that both "reload stowed weapon" and "recharge ego power" when hit by an explosion. Exploding arkfalls seem to count, so it saves me a trip to the ammo can and recharges my ego power.

*Everyone stands there and gets blown back*

Ego: I tried to warn them :confused:

vash2x60billion
01-14-2015, 05:54 PM
What about the mech giant that blows up twice. I always run and watch all the noobs run to the center.

Rattler20200
01-14-2015, 11:38 PM
I run away, think I'm clear, and STILL get blasted off my feet.

Atticus Batman
01-14-2015, 11:44 PM
I run away, think I'm clear, and STILL get blasted off my feet.

Quickly spawn your car and get in. Stay in until both explosions are over and you shouldn't go flying.

Rattler20200
01-14-2015, 11:47 PM
<.<
>.>

Does it work with Runners? :D

Atticus Batman
01-14-2015, 11:50 PM
<.<
>.>

Does it work with Runners? :D

Not sure never had to bother with runners much just long enough to get my skill to 20 which was almost 2 years ago, but you could try.

Rattler20200
01-14-2015, 11:51 PM
I actually find Runners to be a bit better than Rollers in some areas, especially San Fransisco. Smaller vehicle can maneuver better around things I guess.

PTR47
01-15-2015, 06:27 AM
I love the ego unit. I was pleased when the voice actor returned for the newest content because it seems the content before this wasn't an exact match.