PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite Arkfall event?

Onyxia
01-13-2015, 03:36 PM
Between the three holiday events, which one was your favorite?
Personally, I had fun with the hulker hell event :D

Chris Robet
01-13-2015, 03:41 PM
I agree hulker was the best.

Mister Derpenhowser
01-13-2015, 03:42 PM
I wasn't around for the extra life thing.. but mine go in this order;

Hulker Hell
Solstice Strike
New Frontier Harvest

Solstice was great for rewards, hulker was okay and I don't even wanna talk about Harvest. Lol

Onyxia
01-13-2015, 03:53 PM
I wasn't around for the extra life thing.. but mine go in this order;

Hulker Hell
Solstice Strike
New Frontier Harvest

Solstice was great for rewards, hulker was okay and I don't even wanna talk about Harvest. Lol

I wasn't around much in November. I attended a few harvest events but it wasn't nearly as fun as dodging Hulkers :p

Mister Derpenhowser
01-13-2015, 03:57 PM
You didn't miss much, the rewards were naff and the lowered threat level made it really boring

Johnny Stranger
01-13-2015, 04:08 PM
hulkers were awesome .....albeit you didn't win as much as the others.....it was pure chaos at times.... like a mosh pit ... solstice had some of the same with multiple viscera flying around simultaneously..... thanksgiving was too much bmg'ing ... not as good as the other two imo ...

crystal030405
01-13-2015, 08:54 PM
1st hulker hell
2ed new frontier harvest
3ed solstice strike

Xaat Xuun
01-13-2015, 09:55 PM
I seem to have different order for different reasons

Rewards: Hulker Hell, Solstice Strike, New Frontier Harvest

Spawning, the amount of effort and accessibly : New Frontier Harvest, Hulker Hell (Solstice Strike disqualified, too many times shard hopping just to find one)

Engagement, the Fight experience : Solstrice Strike, Hulker Hell (tie), New Frontier harvest

Jeff Lonestar
01-13-2015, 10:12 PM
My favorites in order are:

Solstice Strike
Solstice Strike
And last but not least...
Solstice Strike

I hated all other events compared to Solstice Strike... More Solstice Strike Please!
I Love Me some SOLSTICE STRIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!1

SCAVENGER1
01-14-2015, 01:31 AM
My favorites in order are:

Solstice Strike
Solstice Strike
And last but not least...
Solstice Strike

I hated all other events compared to Solstice Strike... More Solstice Strike Please!
I Love Me some SOLSTICE STRIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!1

lol that was The Worst event ever! it sucked and it sucked again and did i say it sucked? since you couldnt see anything cause they did a cheap bleach effect to make you think it is winter time. and you couldnt see any kind of loot on the ground , cause everything was bleached white.

i want the hulker hells back cause they was fun and was everywhere to boot. no shard hopping to find 1 going on. and plus you could see whats on the ground cause they didnt bleach the ground and everything else lol

so its
#1 - hulker hell
#2 - hulker hell
#3 - hulker hell

Telemachus
01-14-2015, 03:26 AM
I like the ones that no one else are at.

Graywolfe
01-14-2015, 07:42 AM
The Solstice strike was my favorite so far then Hulker Hell. I didn't like the thanksgiving event at all.

Tura Satana
01-14-2015, 07:48 AM
lol that was The Worst event ever! it sucked and it sucked again and did i say it sucked? since you couldnt see anything cause they did a cheap bleach effect to make you think it is winter time. and you couldnt see any kind of loot on the ground , cause everything was bleached white.

i want the hulker hells back cause they was fun and was everywhere to boot. no shard hopping to find 1 going on. and plus you could see whats on the ground cause they didnt bleach the ground and everything else lol

so its
#1 - hulker hell
#2 - hulker hell
#3 - hulker hell

****in' whineyness. I happened to love that cheap bleach affect. Honestly what would you have expected them to do? Create a winter wonderland for you to frolic in? I can't believe there was actual snow falling and the game was still playable.

Maybe you should adjust your monitor. All your high tech system specs seem for naught. I didnt think seeing the drops was an issue, though 99% were green and thats not an exageration. In fact that's probably being generous. Out of all the solstice arks I did, I only saw a blue item drop a total of 3 times. Never a purple. All the drops were green. So not being able to see them is really a pointless complaint.

Major Crapshot
01-14-2015, 08:09 AM
My list is thus:

Hulker Hell
Solstice Strike
New Frontier Harvest
Extra Life

Hulker Hell was awesome except for some of the drops. :cool:

Solstice Strike was awesome and the drops were not bad but Trion decided to pull a Spinal Tap and turned the difficulty up to "11" (should have been a "10"). ;)

New Frontier Harvest was "ok" and that was about it. :p

Extra Life was "meh" at best. At least for the PS3 and probably the XBox also. PC was probably way better but I wouldn't know for sure since I'm PS3. :confused:

Onyxia
01-14-2015, 09:28 AM
I happened to love that cheap bleach affect. Honestly what would you have expected them to do? Create a winter wonderland for you to frolic in? I can't believe there was actual snow falling and the game was still playable.

Ok, I admit it.. i did frolic in the snow! It was pretty awesome to see some new weather in Defiance :eek:

Edit: Also, the law keeper badges for tree stars were a nice touch!

Ryker Vorton
01-14-2015, 10:50 AM
For me

#1 Solstice
#2 Hulker
#3 EXL (specially because it had the highest drop rates of all events)
#4 Hulker

What i would like to see is one based on Grid mobs, would be fun to see all the people flying on air because of the grid attacks (and of course all the whining because of that too)

Jeff Lonestar
01-14-2015, 11:54 AM
...Did i mention SOLSTICE STRIKE!?

SOLSTICE...... STRIIIIIIIIIIKE!!!!!!!!1!!1!

LoooL

I Wish for a Major Arkfall in the future to be as Ruthless as Solstice Strike and have the Final Boss at the End be the WARMASTER in the open world! having it end with Warmaster Barely escaping with his life... and having ur ego egging u on to do a Arkbreaker Major to actually go kill him! Thus Appears the Arkbreaker Impact Site where the Major just ended, to plant the 4 Battery Spikes for a Major Arkfall... With a group ALREADY there READY to FIGHT WARMASTER!!!! that would be pretty cool, i love fighting the VOLGE lol

Dope Dealer
01-14-2015, 07:09 PM
My favorite event so far was Hulker Hell.

Reason being: Orange weapons and purple mods dropping left and right. I was getting orange weapons in 1 out of 7 major Arkfalls during that event.

Solstice strike left a bad taste in my mouth after receiving the same DC-1 Partridge shotgun three times in a row from the green gift box at Shondou's. After that, I got mad and just gave away everything related to Solstice Strike. All mods and weapons given away for free, and I still don't regret giving them away.:) The only thing I regret is grinding the Solstice arkfalls.

Solstice Strike was the best looking one though. Loved the snow.;)

vash2x60billion
01-14-2015, 07:23 PM
Im with you. SS was great and the snow was pretty cool.

SCAVENGER1
01-14-2015, 09:00 PM
****in' whineyness. I happened to love that cheap bleach affect. Honestly what would you have expected them to do? Create a winter wonderland for you to frolic in? I can't believe there was actual snow falling and the game was still playable.

Maybe you should adjust your monitor. All your high tech system specs seem for naught. I didnt think seeing the drops was an issue, though 99% were green and thats not an exageration. In fact that's probably being generous. Out of all the solstice arks I did, I only saw a blue item drop a total of 3 times. Never a purple. All the drops were green. So not being able to see them is really a pointless complaint.
what would i want them to do? is to make real snow come down and not some cheap low grade bleaching effect that they did. hell i play Shadow of Chernobyl and the modder can make snow in that game and it looks real hell you could see your foot prints in it. and that is people that make mods for free FFS ! not some big game company like trion that does a cheap move. beside you got greens? wow i wish i had that luck.

i had 95% whites and maybe 1 to 2 greens on the ground but didnt see the white loot on the ground cause everything has that dam cheap bleaching effect on it so .. only time i got to pick the white loot was after the score list was done. then i had seconds to grab it. and i play on PC/NA so yeah i have better gfx then the console do....

i havent played on a kiddie console since late 90's ? when nitendo 64 1st came out it was the last console i had. beside my pc isnt top of the line either, for $1200 is what it cost well i had the same case since 2005 so yeah.. what eva

Tura Satana
01-15-2015, 06:32 AM
what would i want them to do? is to make real snow come down and not some cheap low grade bleaching effect that they did. hell i play Shadow of Chernobyl and the modder can make snow in that game and it looks real hell you could see your foot prints in it. and that is people that make mods for free FFS ! not some big game company like trion that does a cheap move. beside you got greens? wow i wish i had that luck.

i had 95% whites and maybe 1 to 2 greens on the ground but didnt see the white loot on the ground cause everything has that dam cheap bleaching effect on it so .. only time i got to pick the white loot was after the score list was done. then i had seconds to grab it. and i play on PC/NA so yeah i have better gfx then the console do....

i havent played on a kiddie console since late 90's ? when nitendo 64 1st came out it was the last console i had. beside my pc isnt top of the line either, for $1200 is what it cost well i had the same case since 2005 so yeah.. what eva

A "kiddie console?" Some of you PC users are spoiled brats. On console the framerate for this game barely holds up, and sometimes doesn't. The more detailed areas of the game cannot handle any more memory usage. I'd rather have a decent looking game thats playable than a gorgeous game i cant play.

So go play your other PC game where you can make footprints in the snow if that's whats important to you. Not to mention that content was USER made. So no "big game company" put forth any effort THERE either. And I don't really consider Trion to be a "big game company." They are not EA. Perhaps someone like that would put forth the effort you are looking for? *laughs*

And for the record, there WERE no white drops for this event's items. The same cannot be said for hulker hell, as I was recently able to replace the white purge mod on my hellfire fragger.

Claydough
01-15-2015, 06:42 AM
1. volge arkfall
2. hulkers hell
3. mutant
4. scrapper
5. hellbug
6. dark matter

however a gullanee arkfall with >5 people is by far the most fun thing in the game, shame there in little incentive for these to even be attempted apart from the fact that they are just fun to complete