PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun Hip Spread mod

Dixie Cougar
01-14-2015, 04:24 PM
So I still have no idea what this thing does that the scatter scope doesn't. Has anyone tried these out extensively?

Atticus Batman
01-14-2015, 04:32 PM
They do less than scatter scope technically. But hip spread doesn't actually add a scope so no scoped view, and I believe scatterscope does add a scope and therefore forces you into scoped view if you shoulder it.

Dixie Cougar
01-14-2015, 04:40 PM
They do less than scatter scope technically. But hip spread doesn't actually add a scope so no scoped view, and I believe scatterscope does add a scope and therefore forces you into scoped view if you shoulder it.

It doesn't actually, maybe that's unintended?

King Stud
01-14-2015, 04:40 PM
That was the case when the game first launched, but now the scatter scope has since been changed to aim like a iron sight, making the scatter scope superior

Atticus Batman
01-14-2015, 04:45 PM
That was the case when the game first launched, but now the scatter scope has since been changed to aim like a iron sight, making the scatter scope superior

Alright. I haven't used a shotgun in quite a while. So good to know. Guess hip spread is either just there to give us a second roll. Or it is for those who do not care about movement accuracy. Also by having lame mods, it does increase the loot drop pool. So it makes it harder for everyone to have the exact same gear.

konstantinov
01-14-2015, 06:40 PM
I think it only benefits from aim accuracy. It really messed up a lot of people when they switched the two. Everyone had shotgun hip spreads and then scatter scopes were the thing to have.

Nefarious
01-15-2015, 12:46 AM
Those Iron sight mods that have just Aim Accuracy make the cross hair tighter when aiming as opposed to Accuracy and Movement Accuracy sights which give tighter cross hairs when hip firing.

Its really not described well. As far as looking at them goes you see that both of equal rarity have the same Accuracy but one has a added Movement Accuracy to it. So which one you think people are going to go with? The one that has more. But that's not exactly the case.

Either way both are good and only add what it seems to me just a slight fraction to whatever they do. So its not to big of a deal.