PDA

View Full Version : I add mods at Random, boo me

vash2x60billion
01-14-2015, 08:13 PM
I dont fully understand the mod set up. My fav guns are the full auto assault rifles. I dont have an oj on yet but my purp is pretty sweet, does like 1500 dmg pnts. What mods do i put on them if i basically like to shoot fast. What ive done for most of my mods is just find one that fits in a slot and just start shooting. But it has to be a better way. This is my first mmo so yes my question is noobish but im on the 5900 grind.

PTR47
01-15-2015, 06:24 AM
I certainly didn't start to care about synergy matching until well into 5k where I started to keep guns. There's simply no point in stressing about it before then. Use 'em if you've got 'em.

Tex_Arcana
01-15-2015, 08:15 AM
I certainly didn't start to care about synergy matching until well into 5k where I started to keep guns. There's simply no point in stressing about it before then. Use 'em if you've got 'em.
Except in cases where one does acquire a good weapon worth leveling up with you.
Eg. I have a GL-X Incinerator that I have hung onto from 3K ego because...fire.
To the OP: PTR47's post is accurate for the most part though.
Unless you find an exceptional weapon do not worry to much about perfect "mod matching".
But: If you do have a weapon that is exceptional, and you do throw "random mods" on it until you can find "matched mods".
Make sure to write down/record what slots have Synergy matched mods, and which slots don't.
As the game doesn't let you view the Synergy on mods once they are mounted on the weapon. You will only be able to see what colour (rarity) they are....which a REAL pain in the butt.

Mister Derpenhowser
01-15-2015, 01:55 PM
Recoil stock is always good, Stability sight is great for shooting from the hip, as for barrels I prefer ones that increase dmg or falloff. And mag is generally down to the weapons base reload & mag size... so your choice. Purps with matching syns be good (if the syn is worth it, if not maybe oj mods) blues would suffice though. Try keep a hold of your event weapons, the syns from those are unique and useful, I kept my hellfires and have brought them up from 1000ego to my ego now (5k+) for that reason.

Fallen_Aingeal
01-15-2015, 02:03 PM
It really depends on the synergy of the weapon.

In my opinion, attributes 3 and 4 are a waste of time on almost all of the older synergies. I find myself, depending on rolls of gun, putting 2 grape mods in slots that don't need/want a significant boost and putting oranges in the other 2 that I want boosted more. I put the grape synergy mods in first to get the syn bonus for 1 and 2.