PDA

View Full Version : Linking account to console?

I Clairvoyant I
02-07-2013, 05:12 PM
On the Triton Worlds website, if you go over to settings it has a drop down menu and it gives you an option to link to console, "To link your Trion Worlds account to your console, enter the 15-digit code from the game.
Your Trion Worlds account can only be linked with one console per platform." Do you guys think we might be able to use the Ark Hunter Codes and apply them to the console?

Codex
02-07-2013, 05:14 PM
I would think so - the ark codes have never been stated to only be for the PC version of the game.

I Clairvoyant I
02-07-2013, 05:26 PM
I hope so, also it said that your account can be linked with one console per platform. Does that mean we can use one account for PC, Xbox and Ps3 at the same time?

Tat2uze
On the Triton Worlds website, if you go over to settings it has a drop down menu and it gives you an option to link to console, "To link your Trion Worlds account to your console, enter the 15-digit code from the game.
Your Trion Worlds account can only be linked with one console per platform." Do you guys think we might be able to use the Ark Hunter Codes and apply them to the console?

Dont quote me but, I think I remember hearing that once you link your console then your arc hunter rewards will be unlocked in the game

Tenz
Agreed from the way they made it sound they are linked to your TRION account so what ever platform you use you should be able to have them.

I Clairvoyant I
02-07-2013, 05:39 PM
Lol, yay! More choices :)

Almiel
02-07-2013, 06:47 PM
One console per platform is ridiculous. We have 2 PS3s; If my preferred console is being used by someone else, I won't be able to play on the other?! Lame. There must be a way to link my PSN ID with my Trion ID on their server! Now if it said one user per platform, that would make more sense. I hope they just worded it wrong.

Tat2uze
02-07-2013, 06:51 PM
Wouldnt your character data be saved on that one ps3 anyway? If you played on another console with your id wouldnt you have to start a new character?

Myll_Erik
02-07-2013, 07:16 PM
Your ark hunter rewards will be usable by whichever account you have linked to your Trion account.

Rokkrwolf
02-07-2013, 08:05 PM
Your ark hunter rewards will be usable by whichever account you have linked to your Trion account.

That's good info to know thanks Erik.

Almiel
02-07-2013, 08:39 PM
That's good info to know thanks Erik.

Ditto!

@Tat2uze, it depends on how Trion implements progression saving. For example, Resistance 2 had a co-op mode, and your progression was saved on their end. I know because when we replaced our PS3 and started up the game we were still our same levels. Other multiplayer games I've played save progression as well. Otherwise, I suppose I could backup my game save to PSN and download it on the other unit. :)

Tat2uze
02-07-2013, 08:44 PM
Ditto!

@Tat2uze, it depends on how Trion implements progression saving. For example, Resistance 2 had a co-op mode, and your progression was saved on their end. I know because when we replaced our PS3 and started up the game we were still our same levels. Other multiplayer games I've played save progression as well. Otherwise, I suppose I could backup my game save to PSN and download it on the other unit. :)

Well Myll said it would link to whatever account (he didnt say console) you linked it to. So i suppose if it does save on their end and you sign in elsewhere all should be good.

SweetMadness
02-07-2013, 09:26 PM
Well Myll said it would link to whatever account (he didnt say console) you linked it to. So i suppose if it does save on their end and you sign in elsewhere all should be good.

Of course character data would be stored server side. That's fairly standard for MMOs. If they don't within the first day the game would be ruined with hacked characters.

I Clairvoyant I
02-07-2013, 11:28 PM
Sweet! Thanks again! <3

Huck
02-07-2013, 11:49 PM

The arkfall codes are linked to your account, and your account will be linked to whatever platform you play on. So, yeah, I'm pretty sure the arkfall codes will apply to all platforms.

Warhead
02-09-2013, 10:43 AM
I assume when people say "account," they mean XBL or PSN account and not e-mail? Just curious because I think I may be using a different e-mail for my Trion account v. my XBL account.

WaistlessAxe
08-08-2014, 02:59 AM
i tried it wont let me im on the xbox 360 and its saying Link to console is not available for DefianceŽ PC. what do i do

WaistlessAxe
08-08-2014, 03:10 AM
it will not let me link my account its saying Link to console is not available for DefianceŽ PC. what do i do i have this on xbox360 only