PDA

View Full Version : Player Blocking Mission NPC with his Car (Distress Call Mission)

Raogrimm
04-04-2013, 12:25 PM
There are about a dozen of us at Top-Notch Toolworks unable to progress in our missions as a player has summoned his car right over the mission NPC we speak to initiate the mission. They have been idling (more likely afking) in their car for over 30 minutes now, but more likely longer than that as I only arrived to find him there 30 minute ago.

Here is a picture of the griefing.
http://postimg.org/image/mtno2npkn/

ramakgaming
04-04-2013, 12:30 PM
This is true. I am there waiting as well. I've also reported it a dozen times.

Jardian
04-04-2013, 12:32 PM
YOu can walk through the car just so you know ....

cab0218
04-04-2013, 12:33 PM
Why do people have to do stuff like this?

Zalebird
04-04-2013, 12:37 PM
Cant do anything untill he moves his car

Raogrimm
04-04-2013, 12:38 PM
Yes you can walk through the car, but you cannot interact with the NPC as the car supersedes the npc as to what you can interact with. So none of us can actually pick up the mission.

ramakgaming
04-04-2013, 12:38 PM

You can't interact with the mission point while the car is there. That is why we are posting about it.

Karazykid
04-04-2013, 12:40 PM

Yes, but the press X to talk prompt won't appear.

Welcome to the world of online gaming.

FenianB
04-04-2013, 12:41 PM
It's unfortunate that some people are jerks like that., There's no fast solution. You may want to log out and back in to see if you get an a different server from the schmuck.

Bunjmin
04-04-2013, 12:41 PM
ahh three days in and already with the trolls. I know you can clip right through cars but i'm assuming you aren't able to interact with the quest giver it and it is just highlighting the dodge challenger. For now all you can do is report him but hopefully Trion will come up with a fix for this soon. I saw someone having a problem like this during the beta as well...

ramakgaming
04-04-2013, 12:42 PM
It's unfortunate that some people are jerks like that., There's no fast solution. You may want to log out and back in to see if you get an a different server from the schmuck.

I don't think you can do that. If you can, it's complicated to find out how. The UI is complicated to begin with. It's a cross between a console UI and a PC UI, and I'm use to PC.

Xazur
04-04-2013, 12:43 PM
They need to make the objectives better at being detected if other things are on top of it that use the same key. Another example of this same problem is when you grab an environmental weapon, like the heavy machine gun, the grenade/rocket launchers that don't let you sprint. You run up to a ammo stash, press E and opps, the weapon drops onto the ammo stash and you can't pick it back up.

Raogrimm
04-04-2013, 12:46 PM
Here is a picture of what is occurring.

http://postimg.org/image/mtno2npkn/

Ichidakiller
04-04-2013, 01:04 PM
Very simple
Post the players name you can see the actual gamer tag under their name.

Only way to deal with ingame trolls and griefers is to shun.
Shun them to the point they are ignored by the community.

Blackwolfe
04-04-2013, 01:07 PM
Report the guy and hopefully he will be banhammered so hard he will end up on the dark side of the moon.

Nevzat
04-04-2013, 01:09 PM
Some of you guys need to relax :) trolling only adds character to a game as long as it's in moderation... :)

It will be a memory right?

HexCaliber
04-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Very simple
Post the players name you can see the actual gamer tag under their name.

Only way to deal with ingame trolls and griefers is to shun.
Shun them to the point they are ignored by the community.
Naming and shaming is not allowed, and with good reason, it opens the forums and the community to all sorts of potential abuse; act like an adult, report and move on.

Flavvor
04-04-2013, 01:11 PM
This is so funny, I think I might do this for a bit...

Chivaro
04-04-2013, 01:17 PM
This is so funny, I think I might do this for a bit...
Sure go ahead if you want to be banned. I don't know why people like you think it's funny to ruin peoples enjoyment of the game.

Cael
04-04-2013, 01:18 PM
Here are some other threads:
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?19135-Top-Notch-Griefer/page2
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?19356-DEV-Help-Please-Player-Griefing-using-Auto-to-block-Mission-Giver/page2

He's been doing this for 4 hours now.

HexCaliber
04-04-2013, 01:20 PM
Sure go ahead if you want to be banned. I don't know why people like you think it's funny to ruin peoples enjoyment of the game.
Because they are juvenile ******s, with the maturity of a halfwit.

Valethar
04-04-2013, 01:31 PM
Yes you can walk through the car, but you cannot interact with the NPC as the car supersedes the npc as to what you can interact with. So none of us can actually pick up the mission.

This. There are also derps doing this in front of vendors as well. This was something we told them about in testing, there needs to be a forced dismount/despawn around mission nodes, npcs and vendors. Perhaps this will encourage the WoW kids to go elsewhere.

Cwyn
04-04-2013, 01:39 PM
Griefing for 4+ hours? I'm imagining this is some kind of protest to get the Devs to implement some kind of anti-griefing code. (I'm trying to be optimistic.) The most wide ranging fix, I would think, is to give the NPC interactivity hook precedence over a player vehicle interactivity hook. I'm guessing it's the passenger door hook that's screwing things up? Or is there no interactive cue at all?

Cael
04-04-2013, 01:40 PM
Griefing for 4+ hours? I'm imagining this is some kind of protest to get the Devs to implement some kind of anti-griefing code. (I'm trying to be optimistic.) The most wide ranging fix, I would think, is to give the NPC interactivity hook precedence over a player vehicle interactivity hook. I'm guessing it's the passenger door hook that's screwing things up? Or is there no interactive cue at all?
No cue at all.

SumMischief
04-04-2013, 01:52 PM
Yeah you always have some preteen who thinks this the best thing in the world to do. My kid brother use to bug the mess out of me with stupid stuff like this. Now online you have thousands of little brothers ....doing stupid young stuff.

IAMVILELENT
04-04-2013, 01:53 PM
He's doing it because he is a tool, along with anyone else who wants to do this and finds it funny.

"HAHAHAHAHA NO ONE CAN FINISH THE QUEST NOW, I HAVE POWER IN MY MEANINGLESS LIFE!!!" -troll

Cael
04-04-2013, 02:30 PM
He is still there. =\

I reported him directly to Trion Support. I had to wait in a 2 hour support queue. They said "I will investigate the matter immediately. You will not hear back specifically regarding this issue as our violation procedures are confidential."

I copied this to the other threads as well.

Valethar
04-04-2013, 02:57 PM
Servers are coming down in a moment, that will boot him.

I was just there, in my phase he's nowhere in sight. Sadly I don't know how you'd jump to a different one to get around him. :(