PDA

View Full Version : A few questions.

Endangered
02-07-2013, 05:29 PM
I have a few questions I did not see in the FAQs I viewed, but sorry if they have been covered.

First off im considering the Xbox version. While I have noticed people saying the only differences will be graphics and control I have a few other worries.

1. If the game doesnt sell well on the consoles (xbox specifically) will i be able to also play with my established character on the PC?

This being a new IP, and a online only game, there is a real chance the consoles populations might not be ideal.

2. New consoles are rumored to come out this year, what are you plans to continue console support if the new systems are not backward compatible? a re-release on the new systems?

3. The inclusion of a DLC season pass in console ultimate editions leads me to believe DLC will cost money on consoles, is this true? Isnt free expansions the norm for F2P MMOs? Is this another advantage to PC players?

4. Being tied to a TV show so deeply what would happen if the show isnt a success? Does SyFy own any rights to the game, or just the show? If the show were to be canceled, what would be of the game?

Thank you, answers will help me decide which version to buy, atm im leaning towards xbox UE. But sales and populations have me worried and thinking PC might be the future proof solution.

Escyos
02-07-2013, 05:36 PM
I have a few questions I did not see in the FAQs I viewed, but sorry if they have been covered.

First off im considering the Xbox version. While I have noticed people saying the only differences will be graphics and control I have a few other worries.

1. If the game doesnt sell well on the consoles (xbox specifically) will i be able to also play with my established character on the PC?

This being a new IP, and a online only game, there is a real chance the consoles populations might not be ideal.

Unknown at the moment, but seeing as its an online game I wager your stats are held on their servers and can be transfered between platforms.

2. New consoles are rumored to come out this year, what are you plans to continue console support if the new systems are not backward compatible? a re-release on the new systems?

There is none, coming out with a game for three was a big task for Trion.

3. The inclusion of a DLC season pass in console ultimate editions leads me to believe DLC will cost money on consoles, is this true? Isnt free expansions the norm for F2P MMOs? Is this another advantage to PC players?

Defiance is not F2P, its buy to play.

4. Being tied to a TV show so deeply what would happen if the show isnt a success? Does SyFy own any rights to the game, or just the show? If the show were to be canceled, what would be of the game?

They have said that both can stand without the other, they planned it that way. Syfy and trion both own the rights to the franchise.