PDA

View Full Version : Scrip?

Gai
01-15-2015, 05:34 PM
Is anything going to be done about this useless currency?

30mill in and I have absolutely nothing to spend it on. All good items are trade only and all the good lock boxes are bit only lol.

satirized
01-15-2015, 05:52 PM

30mill in and I have absolutely nothing to spend it on. All good items are trade only and all the good lock boxes are bit only lol.

Pretty much, my top tier items are pure trade only. And consider I only want 1-2 items in the entired game, a lot of people are gonna be disappointed.

Mister Derpenhowser
01-15-2015, 05:58 PM
I have nowhere near that, I've only been playing a short time though but I do see how scrip has practically no purpose. That said, I will take scrip for ojs I deem to be polished turds.

DepthProbe
01-15-2015, 06:18 PM
Only time will tell if they plan on putting anything extra in for Scrip exchange. With this now a F2P game there's not much incentive for them to make it easier for players at large to obtain things easily. However, take the Solstice event; it made it easy for a large percentage of the playing population to acquire some fairly decent weapons while reducing the probability of getting something they'd rather vendor.

I'm not making excuses for them. I'm merely stating the obvious.

What would make this game boom, however, would be to install an auction house, where the house takes a cut and there's giftable/tradeable Bit items. Bit items in the auction house would make this game survive well after the show dies. Then, it would maintain itself, and it would give plenty of buying power to the Bit. Players would be able to buy things they've always wanted, and new players with expendable real world currency would be able to obtain things quicker, especially if they don't have as much time to play the game.

Tura Satana
01-15-2015, 07:25 PM
I'm tired of people complaining that scrip is worthless. To a lot of us, probably 70%, it is infact NOT.

If you have no use for your scrip then I will gladly take it. There is a lockbox for a million scrip that I would love to aquire 2 or 3 outfits from. 30 chances ought to get me atleast one.

If anything they should just add more million scrip boxes with special items, for everyone who's got money to burn.

DepthProbe
01-15-2015, 08:20 PM
I'm tired of people complaining that scrip is worthless. To a lot of us, probably 70%, it is infact NOT.
The ratio is probably even higher in regards to people that can still put Scrip to use.

There are a few odds and ends that having a lot of Scrip can help, such as buying things off newer players that still need it, but by and large at the proverbial "end game" it is pretty much useless. If items that will make you more efficient can only be obtained by grinding your butt off in hopes of something dropping in your favor or trading for it, then, you'd agree that scrip is relatively useless. Also, at higher levels it's a bit easier to build up Scrip since you're not upgrading gear as often.

If I didn't have so many alts I'd have tons of it, but I work around a mill or so since I'm always looking for ways to help my lowbies come-up.

In the end, an auction house would help things all around. It would even help those that have little of it and still value what little they have to work with.

King Stud
01-15-2015, 08:44 PM

O.o How do you have such a high amount of scrip? Pleaseee teach me your ways

Gai
01-15-2015, 08:55 PM
O.o How do you have such a high amount of scrip? Pleaseee teach me your ways

That christmas event lol, sold at least 20+ named weaps

Nefarious
01-15-2015, 09:00 PM
Scrip has a place more then ever for most players now that items can be traded to lower level players and they can lower the Ego rating to match themselves. Ppl are trading all the time. And the T4 mod market has never slowed down. And in fact mods sales look to have picked up considering they are not selling for 300K+ anymore and are now more affordable for lower Ego players.

Scrip has a use, its just that you have so much you don't know what to do with it. Have you giving Corporate Lock Boxes a shot? Burn a few mil on some of those.

ShatterST4R
01-15-2015, 09:03 PM
Teach me your ways, been playing about two weeks.

hardy83
01-15-2015, 09:23 PM
Congratulations. You're the top 1% at...something. lol

Meanwhile, stop asking for a massive money sink, or you'll screw the games economy up because the majority of people won't be able to afford it.
I doubt even the majority of people have even a million.

Claydough
01-15-2015, 09:27 PM
That christmas event lol, sold at least 20+ named weaps

Um, so stop selling everything for scrip then

Soundtrack26
01-16-2015, 01:23 AM
i'm always going broke going to all the vendors looking for blue mods and people always charge me hella for a gun...and now that i started buying Epic mod lockbox which are 40k. i sold my fav gun just to make some scrip lol

DepthProbe
01-16-2015, 01:44 AM
Um, so stop selling everything for scrip then

It's almost impossible to trade though...

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?191554-ISO-Swimming-Swan-Available-DC-s-for-trade

No bites on my post, and I have decent array to trade. I'd take any EGO for several of my extra DC's (maybe even all I have posted for the one I want). They may be low level, but there's bound to be other low levels out there that would trade up or sell if they could buy one off me. They just aren't checking the forums or are not on when I try to trade in chat.

The thing is an auction house would make that a lot more possible, but I'm not under any delusions that Trion will ever create one for this game. At this point, I only see a minimal of content being released in the future. An auction house would probably cost them more money than they'd want to sink into this game, but it would be an investment well spent. They'd get their returns by making Bit store items allowable to be sold in conjunction with an AH.

SirServed
01-16-2015, 04:24 AM
It's almost impossible to trade though...

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?191554-ISO-Swimming-Swan-Available-DC-s-for-trade

No bites on my post, and I have decent array to trade. I'd take any EGO for several of my extra DC's (maybe even all I have posted for the one I want). They may be low level, but there's bound to be other low levels out there that would trade up or sell if they could buy one off me. They just aren't checking the forums or are not on when I try to trade in chat.

The thing is an auction house would make that a lot more possible, but I'm not under any delusions that Trion will ever create one for this game. At this point, I only see a minimal of content being released in the future. An auction house would probably cost them more money than they'd want to sink into this game, but it would be an investment well spent. They'd get their returns by making Bit store items allowable to be sold in conjunction with an AH.
Actually, there's a different set of reasons for this. Most of the people that are your EGO range don't read the forums. From my perspective as a 5900 player, your items are an investment ranging from 950-1400 AF in addition to surrendering one of the best DC items available. For higher EGO players, this is a Lose-Lose situation. I read your thread but chose not to respond to it with negativity on the small chance that another player of your EGO would be able to look at your thread and grant such a request.

Atticus Batman
01-16-2015, 04:36 AM
Actually, there's a different set of reasons for this. Most of the people that are your EGO range don't read the forums. From my perspective as a 5900 player, your items are an investment ranging from 950-1400 AF in addition to surrendering one of the best DC items available. For higher EGO players, this is a Lose-Lose situation. I read your thread but chose not to respond to it with negativity on the small chance that another player of your EGO would be able to look at your thread and grant such a request.

I did the same. Atleast you are on PC, where it is easier to convince people to check forums.
Low ego on xbox are constantly trying to sell that stuff and I had several trying to convince me it is a great investment for a high ego player. Sorry no it is not.

konstantinov
01-16-2015, 05:16 AM
I did the same. Atleast you are on PC, where it is easier to convince people to check forums.
Low ego on xbox are constantly trying to sell that stuff and I had several trying to convince me it is a great investment for a high ego player. Sorry no it is not.

Had a guy offer a clan mate a 2700 Ironclad Blockade IV D for a 5500 Respark Charger V Ark. He told him he was doing him a favor. I don't quite understand what kind of favor that falls under.

Atticus Batman
01-16-2015, 05:22 AM
There were some people on Xbox trying to convince some ego 5k that his high level Tachyon Blastproof Ark, wasn't worth much more than what he'd get from vendor selling it. But they were willing to give him 40k - 50k. They were pissed at me when I told him to ignore them and not to take that amount for it, since they would just turn around and sell it on the forums, for at least 600k, and possibly even a lot more.

Needless to say the rest of my game time, they kept flooding chat saying Batman is a crook and a cheat. I felt sorry for the 2 lower egos talking in zone chat both named batman with numbers after their names, since they both insisted on being called batman. Most call me Atticus. After all there are few Atticus's on Xbox and lots of Batmans. LOL

Graywolfe
01-16-2015, 07:00 AM
I thought there was only one Batman :p

WhiteStrike
01-16-2015, 07:10 AM
I thought there was only one Batman :p

Read the comics,there are multiple Batmans...but only one is the real one.;)

Belle Starr
01-16-2015, 08:18 AM
But there is only one Atticus Batman! Accept no substitutes! :D

konstantinov
01-16-2015, 08:18 AM
There were some people on Xbox trying to convince some ego 5k that his high level Tachyon Blastproof Ark, wasn't worth much more than what he'd get from vendor selling it. But they were willing to give him 40k - 50k. They were pissed at me when I told him to ignore them and not to take that amount for it, since they would just turn around and sell it on the forums, for at least 600k, and possibly even a lot more.

Needless to say the rest of my game time, they kept flooding chat saying Batman is a crook and a cheat. I felt sorry for the 2 lower egos talking in zone chat both named batman with numbers after their names, since they both insisted on being called batman. Most call me Atticus. After all there are few Atticus's on Xbox and lots of Batmans. LOL

If you are said batman, I need a "loan" from Bruce Wayne next time you see him.