PDA

View Full Version : Alpha/Beta Testing Experiences?

Primus Palus
02-07-2013, 07:39 PM
Curious to see what other games you guys have tested, what your experiences were, and what your general goals are in the tests.

I have a pretty extensive resume if you will with testing I've done. I tell people it's around 200+ games just because I have no idea anymore the total. I went through MMORPG.com's game list and had counted 75 games I tested there. Then counting in non-MMO's and games that never made it, I think 200 is a safe bet.

Here's my desktop right now:

My Desktop (http://www.veteransofwar.org/images/DesktopBeta.png)

The white circled icons are games I have or are testing. I didn't highlight Defiance because I haven't gotten in yet. But these are just the ones I have installed.

All in all... testing for me is fun and exciting. I like seeing what new things the industry brings us and getting the chance to dig into the game and find all manner of broken things. Not to mention actually try and break the game itself too. :P

It's satisfying for me when I get to see the game evolve or release and the very things I posted or reported are fixed.

Anyway, what's been your experience? Whether it be a lot, or just one... I'd still like to hear about it. Having more tests in your background doesn't make you any better than the guy with one. ;)

NomadUK
02-07-2013, 07:43 PM
do i see a code there :| lol

Primus Palus
02-07-2013, 07:50 PM
do i see a code there :| lol

HAHA. I should have added a text document or something in there with a fake code. :P Those hunters would lose their minds over it. But no, no code can be found there. Unless Dredd is hiding something I'm not aware of. He doesn't talk much... so...

Cylumne
02-08-2013, 01:28 PM
"The first rule of alpha/beta testing is you do not talk about alpha/beta testing!!,
the second rule of alpha/beta testing is you do not talk about alpha/beta testing"

as far as your alleged desk top i cry for you not only for the clutter and the phail back ground but also for your very poor choice of games shown ..i would give you a shot of my command/battlestationbut i wouldn't want you to cry

Primus Palus
02-08-2013, 02:56 PM
"The first rule of alpha/beta testing is you do not talk about alpha/beta testing!!,
the second rule of alpha/beta testing is you do not talk about alpha/beta testing"

as far as your alleged desk top i cry for you not only for the clutter and the phail back ground but also for your very poor choice of games shown ..i would give you a shot of my command/battlestationbut i wouldn't want you to cry

... wow, ok.