PDA

View Full Version : New Boxes from Shop

adrokier
01-16-2015, 11:28 AM
Dnt like Spawnrate form boxes ... how much u must buy to get ASP Weapon or good Shield with Overnight Express , good Boomer with Overnight Express and third nice Weapon with Overnight Express?

10K Euros?

I wud say if ppl buy boxes for few hundreds euros they shud get something appropriate out of those boxes ...

Going Postal and other Synergy is bad to play ... and I got 3-4 Thunders, no oj SMG , got two Boomer but with bad Synergy, 3 Infectors with going postal ... the Spawnrate rate for a Respark Overnight Express with nice two Weapons is so damn low ... u need to spent 10000Euros?

They shud adjust Spawnrate or when ppl buying a lot they shud give good weapons ...

Best from my point of view for such Boxes wud be to sell those new Weapons for Fix "high" Price , like 50 or 100Euros or US$

The same with Rad Boxes spawn rates of DC1 - Dc10 is to low!

Fallen_Aingeal
01-16-2015, 11:39 AM
So basically, you want P2win? Just buy the weapons you want?

RNG is RNG for a reason.

Altras
01-16-2015, 12:43 PM
I kind of see where he's coming from, knowing your getting your money's worth is comforting. Since the drops (for me) from that lockbox are not very desirable, and a few different outfits, a script/key option like the corporate espionage lockbox would have been a nice touch. I have noticed a higher AF drop rate on them, but that could be related to the current event, haven't tested for sure

Fallen_Aingeal
01-16-2015, 01:07 PM
My point is, it's a gamble.

Moneys worth? It clearly states that there is a "chance" at certain items, not a guarantee. Hence, a gamble. There is no "moneys worth" when gambling. That would be called purchasing.

Devils Advocate, ya know?

adrokier
01-16-2015, 01:55 PM
Know what u all mean and understand, but why then they offering Boxes in Shop? To play tricks on us ... and let ppl spending a far to much money for boxes ..

And why shud ppl not gain the weapons when buying boxes ... ? When they buy enuf of them?

If u did a lot of the events u get the DC, when buy a lot of the boxes why not getting a proper spawn rate of DC 1 to DC 10 ?

If they offer Boxes for money its somehow p2w right? If boxes will spawn "Only" dust its somehow to get tricked ... my opinion ...

I wud think if game is F2P they want money for nothin?

U need to pay far to much money to get good weapons from boxes, thats for sure for me...

Fallen_Aingeal
01-16-2015, 02:03 PM
It's only p2w if the offer the guarantee. The way it's set up now is a gamble.

Only a small percentage of the player base will buy these boxes. Less than 10%.

The things in the bit store and dlc's are the games only form of revenue. If it were to change to a completely p2w system, there would be a huge outcry from the remaining 90% of players.

That said. Some of the game is p2w, even though Trick and the team have blatantly said otherwise. When i have a weapon that is considered a unicorn by the entire player base, yet built that weapon using mods that I purchased from bit store and upgraded rarity and rating using forge I purchased from bit store, then it is really teetering on the edge of p2w. The only thing that saves it, is that forge and mods are available in the game through RNG. It's a slight save, but the only one from preventing the game to be p2w.

I don't agree with the drop rate either. Having spent a few bucks and have very little to show for my "gamble". But, I realized going in, that I was gambling.

adrokier
01-16-2015, 03:41 PM
It's only p2w if the offer the guarantee. The way it's set up now is a gamble.

Only a small percentage of the player base will buy these boxes. Less than 10%.

The things in the bit store and dlc's are the games only form of revenue. If it were to change to a completely p2w system, there would be a huge outcry from the remaining 90% of players.

That said. Some of the game is p2w, even though Trick and the team have blatantly said otherwise. When i have a weapon that is considered a unicorn by the entire player base, yet built that weapon using mods that I purchased from bit store and upgraded rarity and rating using forge I purchased from bit store, then it is really teetering on the edge of p2w. The only thing that saves it, is that forge and mods are available in the game through RNG. It's a slight save, but the only one from preventing the game to be p2w.

I don't agree with the drop rate either. Having spent a few bucks and have very little to show for my "gamble". But, I realized going in, that I was gambling.

btw the new synergy can only bought from shop ^^and did not find any vendor where to buy with ingame currency... so if u want synergy overnight or going postal weapons u need to buy for money m8 :) P2W ^^ pls correct me if I m wrong.

And pay to win sounds for me wrong, just pay to get weapons .. they dnt guarantee u to win ^^

And the Weapons not good and the spawn rate for good weapons is bloody bad .. need to spend thousands of euros to get what u want ^^if calculate that up what I already bought :(
pls correct me again when I m wrong bout that

And again why they offer the boxes??? For fun or to get money ? If they want money they shud bring up a better spawn rate ... if not they just wanna pump out pump out money from customers and believe me its more then 10% buying boxes ^^

I just want to point out how bad the spawn rate of good Weapons from those Boxes are ... just for information or for Trion to may change that If they want to get money from those new boxes can only be bought in Shop (didn't find any ingame vendor or lockbox).

I feel at this point tricked ... sure they wrote nothing bout guarantee spawn rate and write its free to play ... so there is no responsibility for their customers when paying money, they say sry its random go home and die u fool buying boxes ... thats how I understand the Support answer on my concerns ...

And thx m8 for your Reply on that, I really appreciate that and thx for your experiences when buying boxes, sure its gambling u r right and somehow I agree with you...

I just wish that Trion wud take more responsibility when ppl buying stuff from Shop, support is so ba d in the last 2months ... before they helped me out with issues no they show me their finger...

cnt understand that behavior of this GMs answering Emails

Fallen_Aingeal
01-16-2015, 03:56 PM
btw the new synergy can only bought from shop ^^and did not find any vendor where to buy with ingame currency... so if u want synergy overnight or going postal weapons u need to buy for money m8 :) P2W ^^ pls correct me if I m wrong.

And pay to win sounds for me wrong, just pay to get weapons .. they dnt guarantee u to win ^^

And the Weapons not good and the spawn rate for good weapons is bloody bad .. need to spend thousands of euros to get what u want ^^if calculate that up what I already bought :(
pls correct me again when I m wrong bout that

And again why they offer the boxes??? For fun or to get money ? If they want money they shud bring up a better spawn rate ... if not they just wanna pump out pump out money from customers and believe me its more then 10% buying boxes ^^

I just want to point out how bad the spawn rate of good Weapons from those Boxes are ... just for information or for Trion to may change that If they want to get money form those new boxes can only be bought in Shop (didn't find any ingame vendor or lockbox).Revenue generator. Plain and simple.

Yes. The postal synergies are buy2play. Not purchasable with in game currency. RNG rates are as pathetic as any other box. Agreed.

But, you're quoting spawn rates from purchasing how many boxes at the current price? If I need to state the obvious....

Again. It's a gamble. How much are you willing to spend? I spent $20. Got a few decent items. Mostly junk. I gambled and feel I broke even. My perception of things will, undoubtingly, be different than yours. I was willing to "throw" a bit of cash to support the game.

Dixie Cougar
01-16-2015, 04:00 PM
Revenue generator. Plain and simple.

Yes. The postal synergies are buy2play. Not purchasable with in game currency. RNG rates are as pathetic as any other box. Agreed.

But, you're quoting spawn rates from purchasing how many boxes at the current price? If I need to state the obvious....

Again. It's a gamble. How much are you willing to spend? I spent $20. Got a few decent items. Mostly junk. I gambled and feel I broke even. My perception of things will, undoubtingly, be different than yours. I was willing to "throw" a bit of cash to support the game.

A good compromise was the themed lockboxes with different types of weapons in them to suit various tastes. While I don't necessarily agree with how those were delineated it was a step in the right direction and hardly P2W since the buyer was still taking a huge gamble.

hardy83
01-16-2015, 05:54 PM
Not going to happen. Trion business execs LOVE lockboxes.
All their games have it, and some to a more insane degree than others. CoughRiftCough. (Every new mount introduced since that game went F2P has been behind a lockbox, except I think one).

At this with this game they are priced okay. Well the main ones and when they are on sale for 50% off.
Spending $5 for 2 lockboxes is okay.
Spending $5-7 for 1 lockbox is stupid.

Also it's gambling. It's flat out gambling. Which means house wins more than you win.

Dixie Cougar
01-16-2015, 06:14 PM
Well in gambling you have a chance of walking out with more money than you went in. Not so with lockboxes. It's more like buying a grab bag with bad odds, you don't ever make money but sometimes you get cool stuff. Bottom line is that you're spending money regardless of the outcome though.

adrokier
01-17-2015, 04:40 AM
yip will never gamble again and can only give out warnings to do that ... best weapons I have r given from friends to me ... in all I have two real good weapons from inShop Lockboxes all others ... dnt like that much

ShatterST4R
01-17-2015, 04:29 PM
Yep its a gamble, I bought some hellfire boxes knowing it was a gamble but I made out decently, because I was guaranteed a hellfire weapon and three mods for purge per box. Have yet to get a jackpot or legendary though. But the purple mods made up the difference. I only will/always buy boxes that guarantee you something.

BC001
01-17-2015, 05:09 PM
The cash shop prices are a bit too high for good microtransaction rates so a low percentage of people buy much from it which means the prices have to be high to make any kind of profit....

At the current prices the odds are too low to make buying lockboxes practical for me and a lot of other people. The special cash-only synergies that the holiday guns revert to after the events are over now attract a lot of the people who have the cash but would otherwise not bother to buy them though that is even more of a margin case.

Still, it is tempting to get one now and then to see if it completes one of the special weapons already in inventory or has a better version of one in the box so the things are not a complete waste of screen space in the shop. I just wish they got the "cup of coffee" concept of microtransactions right for a wider area than just the high-cost-of-living area they are headquarterd in.

ShatterST4R
01-17-2015, 05:14 PM
I only buy from shop with patron pass.. Much cheaper when buying a lot of things.

adrokier
01-18-2015, 10:18 AM
Yep its a gamble, I bought some hellfire boxes knowing it was a gamble but I made out decently, because I was guaranteed a hellfire weapon and three mods for purge per box. Have yet to get a jackpot or legendary though. But the purple mods made up the difference. I only will/always buy boxes that guarantee you something.

Hellfire Boxes I think are okay, got some good stuff out of them ... the rest ... maybe those plate slicers are okay when u get purple AR out of them u r lucky to upgrade to oj ...

Best Weapons VBI Plate Sclicer AR and VBI Hellfire AR They do round 9000 to 1000 crit DMG with oj Firerate ofter upgrading with AF ^^

adrokier
01-18-2015, 10:27 AM
I sent a complaint to Trion and wrote them to give me special weapons, cos I spent lot of money, but they just wrote back, that this is not possible for them?

Thats a joke, support created my several Weapons on my concerns in the past. Now doesn't matter what they just laugh at me ...! Thin they laugh bout ppl spending money !

I really feel mistreated by that company ... or email supporter

Seems the Supporter never sent anything to higher level, just answer emails just in time to be in the Service Level ... and live chat support is closed ... very bad support in these Days .. we shud not buy anything form Trion until good Support is back ! I think for good customers from time to time they shud help with any concerns ...

What are your experiences with that "support" in the last 1,5 half months?

Eleni
01-19-2015, 01:13 AM
Hey Archon,

I created a post about drop rates of the boxes, but i bought more in the week end so here is the big lines:

-I spent like 18 000 bits in this box only, like 40/45 boxes (i collect sawed off and APS is now the only missing)
-I got like 15 orange items.
-I got 3 headgears and the sole outfit
-i got 200 total arkforges
-all rest at 1 epic item per box.

I also add that shields going in claims loses their synergy, i complained to Trion Request #10297, i got fast reply asking name of my character and name of the shields.

Here are the last lines so far:

You send automatic replies, does that mean you are not going to solve my personal problem???

I paid for this box.. Its not a F2P issue.
Please consider seriously my issue.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding Defiance.

While I understand your frustration and reasoning for believing these are automated responses, keep in mind that we have already individually investigated your issue multiple times. Unfortunately, as we've previously mentioned, this is not something that customer support can directly fix or resolve for you. That being said, we have forwarded this information to our development team, as they would be the ones who are able to fix this type of issue. Since they do not reply directly back to customer tickets, I would keep an eye on the forums or patch notes for any updates on this particular bug. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Defiance.

Your reference number for this ticket is 10297.

Sincerely,

GM Cilesh

Trion Worlds Inc
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So how do we hear from them then??

I guess they just escape the thing to close the ticket as fast as possible.

18000 bits = 45/50 boxes.
Not got the APS, and got corrupted gear.

Heres my personal experience, personnally im done with the store.

adrokier
01-19-2015, 01:58 AM
sad sad support and sad spawn rate of stuff, really hard this boxes u need to be ego 5900 money spender ... lol

Eleni
01-19-2015, 02:44 AM
Support actually look into it, i will keep updates.