PDA

View Full Version : Lightning Rifle Aiming

King Stud
01-16-2015, 10:39 PM
Got a decent lightning rifle with OJ velocity till the other day and was testing it out in PvP. Problem is, I seemed to miss half my shots, even when I was scoped and my cursor placed right in the middle of someone's chest. Is there some sort of trick to aiming a lightning rifle? Or does the velocity roll alter the trajectory of the projectile like with detonators?

TheStigsCousin
01-16-2015, 10:43 PM
I think I saw it mentioned somewhere there is a known bug with that sniper rifle. The projectiles do not always register hits even when you do hit your target.

Tura Satana
01-16-2015, 10:44 PM
Got a decent lightning rifle with OJ velocity till the other day and was testing it out in PvP. Problem is, I seemed to miss half my shots, even when I was scoped and my cursor placed right in the middle of someone's chest. Is there some sort of trick to aiming a lightning rifle? Or does the velocity roll alter the trajectory of the projectile like with detonators?

I'm gonna forgo all the complicated physic suggestions and just say that its innacurate as s---. This is normal for most volge weapons though. It IS capable of some huge damage, but to use as an actual sniper rifle, is a headache to say the least.

Nefarious
01-16-2015, 11:04 PM
I heard it will miss when firing fully charged shots.

Atticus Batman
01-16-2015, 11:10 PM
Also the gunslinger perk has been known to screw with certain snipers, such as the lighting rifle and the charge snipers in general. If you have that perk on your sniper build, remove it and retest.