PDA

View Full Version : Keep eyes peeld in PvP hacks have been made

fsol
04-04-2013, 01:07 PM
For starters I will not give a link to the site in question.
If you are a ..... you will prob already have found it on your own since some folks refuse to play fair from start.

Second after making this thread i will also contact Trion and give them the site in question
so they can do what they have to do.

Yesterday and today i met some funny ppl a few examples will be given so that the l2p crowd might think
befoure sprouting bs.May i add i love the game (old TR vet here) and yes i am a old bastard that even though he played unreal/quake/cs doesnt approve off bunnykids that and cheaters are the only prob i have with the game.

That aside, some examples.

I was on the tower(observatory) cloaked ,watching down, a player exits the building(prob fresh spawn)
walks under the tower,i aim at his head and instantly he turns up and 1 hits me.
And no i was still cloaked.

In shadow wars, i sit behind a rock at a(mine area) for me no possibility to see whats down.
I get 1 shot and see the player sitting down at the road looking up the underside off the rock.
Or he had a lucky special effect richochet shot,or the rock wasnt there for him to see so he could see me.
No offence Trion but it does seem like there are some graphicall hic ups here and there.

Also in shadow wars multiple times i had ppl bunnyhoppin and 1 shot me with sniper from 2 feet away,no misses just insta hits.
Now yes i know some ppl are really good with snipers yet i tried it out in pve on mobs and without zooming i 1) miss a few shots 2)if i hit i do not get max dmg out.
And again i understand quicscopers,used to be fairly good in bc2 with quicscoping myself.

These are some examples that also include possible explenationes.
Still when it all gets to smelly i go looking where the fish is rotting.

This is why.
Back when s4 league was in beta a rl mate and i rolled in and had lots off fun,game came out and we got befriended with some folks .
One off who we found out was a fff cheater he explained where he got his stuff and well we dont excactly play with him no more lol.

The only game i ever used cheats in was tony hawk cause i couldnt wait to play the school lvl.

Now i went to see the site and sure there is a esp/aimbot for defiance.

So keep your eyes open and lets not piss on good players, the game has some things that makes certain situations look dodgy while they aint.Yet sometimes obvious is obvious .

So in case you think hey WTF , first calm down and review the situation from a few angles and iff it still doesnt add up and the player keeps popping the same crap,just report them to Trion.

Short adding, some off the siteusers already ahd 24 hour bans for speedhacking/aimbotting.
At least Trion does something but 24 hours is to short in my book tbh.

Kazamario
04-04-2013, 01:22 PM
There are always hacks in every game Sir. Adapt, improvise and overcome. Or just don't play! I'm sure Trion will do their best to address the situation. It sucks, I know, but what else can you do?

Phatman
04-04-2013, 01:42 PM
There are always hacks in every game Sir. Adapt, improvise and overcome. Or just don't play! I'm sure Trion will do their best to address the situation. It sucks, I know, but what else can you do?

Sounds like a cheater to me...

IAMVILELENT
04-04-2013, 01:48 PM
Thank goodness for the killcam, I've already reported 5 hackers along with video proof. Snapping is obvious, so is the walling. My only gripe is that the killcam isn't longer, I think it should be on until you decide to go back into the respawn menu. This is what APB was missing and why hackers ran rampant. Everyone should do their part and film and report if you suspect.

FD33
04-04-2013, 01:48 PM
I understand your frustration with such misconduct... I agree that a 24 hour ban is not enough, yet one needs to take into account that they did pay for the service. Instead of only banning them for a limited amount of time, place a becon of sorts overhead, or perhaps their name. "Assuming they are repeat offenders." The problem with all this could be that some"cheats" may not have been intentional, or the wrongful act of someone else using a friends profile. I have heard that some players have not only been banned for a period of time, yet they had their stats and records reset for misconduct. I agree with Kazamario, "Adapt, improvise, and overcome."

Bluntski
04-04-2013, 01:58 PM

Worst solution to hacking problems ever.

I support 0 tolerance policies for hacking. Currently in SWToR known hackers only get 2 week bans. This is absurd. If you hack your account/game key should be suspended indefinitely.

Chaddington
04-04-2013, 02:12 PM
Keep reporting any suspected hackers either to myself in a pm or to another Trion member. I will make sure to get them looked at.

Thanks everyone.

-Chaddington

Bhindi
06-24-2013, 08:38 PM
Thank goodness for the killcam, I've already reported 5 hackers along with video proof. Snapping is obvious, so is the walling. My only gripe is that the killcam isn't longer, I think it should be on until you decide to go back into the respawn menu. This is what APB was missing and why hackers ran rampant. Everyone should do their part and film and report if you suspect.

I completely agree with the longer killcam. This (along with a combat log) would help immensely in finding hackers. And in reply to someone stating earlier about other people using their accounts, if you give your account info to someone you should expect that account to be treated as if you yourself are playing it.

Arked
06-24-2013, 09:36 PM

I don't know if the Killcam is a good tool to judge whether or not someone is hacking, I mean yeah you might be able to notice the more obvious glitches like shield regen or someone who is perma invis but it's not like Counter-Strike where you die and you're seeing exactly what they see, or should be seeing. For instance, when I kill someone they're not going to see what I see when I ADS. I don't think it'll display name plates either that is visible to the player. I think that it's better than nothing, but far from fool proof. Another example is when both players die, the first player just sees the 2nd player's kill cam as shaking. I don't know how many times I've gotten a message about how I was hacking because of the killcam shake.

I would assume the reason they don't let you just sit in killcam is because they don't want that person taking up a slot in the match if they're not going to be actively participating.

I agree though, the punishment for hacking should be more severe than 24 hour ban.

X64
06-25-2013, 12:04 AM
Aimbots. You know who you are. Stop pretending with your fancy headshots in a split second reaction time with 1 bullet.

X64
06-25-2013, 12:06 AM
Teammate or enemy doing the hacks for or against the team, i don't care! You're still cheating and it's like a 5 year old kid entering cheat code and we're all his fake trophies. What on earth will you achieve there? My God. Stop jailing them like it's sandbox time, show em the death penalty coz they won't be scared enough to give all the hacks up just for a 24-hour ban.

Sdric
06-25-2013, 01:48 AM
I neither use hacks, nor do I absue glitched weapons, yet I manage to get into the top 3 repetitively.
I also neither use Infectors nor Shotguns.
Blaming your bad score on hacks is like closing your eyes and refusing to believe that there are players out there who're better than you.

You just went invisible?
Well, maybe some you disappearing and just guessed your position.
I for my part am doing that a lot.
I dont have the best aiming but I can read people quite well which allows me to respond with moves other players sometimes consider hacks.

Just let me tell you that not every webside that promises you hacks delivers them.
There were hacks when Defiance came out, I've yet to see new footage.
Syphon glitch abusers are far more a problem than hacks.
Yet you can beat them.

Wuffletronics
06-25-2013, 02:06 AM
It's not a problem of whether or not you can beat them, the issue is new players who suck but still want to have a good time in pvp are getting whipped from both directions by pros like Ark and Sessions or hackers.

That and it's hella annoying people are trying to give themselves the upper hand without even trying to get better by their own merit.

X64
06-25-2013, 02:17 AM
I neither use hacks, nor do I absue glitched weapons, yet I manage to get into the top 3 repetitively.
I also neither use Infectors nor Shotguns.
Blaming your bad score on hacks is like closing your eyes and refusing to believe that there are players out there who're better than you.

You just went invisible?
Well, maybe some you disappearing and just guessed your position.
I for my part am doing that a lot.
I dont have the best aiming but I can read people quite well which allows me to respond with moves other players sometimes consider hacks.

Just let me tell you that not every webside that promises you hacks delivers them.
There were hacks when Defiance came out, I've yet to see new footage.
Syphon glitch abusers are far more a problem than hacks.
Yet you can beat them.

Try NA and find out.

Sdric
06-25-2013, 02:25 AM
Try NA and find out.

Well,
cheats don't care about borders.
If there are cheats in the US there also are cheats in Europe.

I saw the videos Ark postes about a week ago.
(Who also was accused of hacking due to playing/sniping "too well")
Can't say anything looked suspect enough to really be considered a cheat.

I think people just need to get their heads out of their own bu77s and accept that not everybody can be the best.
People don't have to be hacking when they beat you.

It's not that difficult to understand, but for some people it's that difficult to accept.

X64
06-25-2013, 02:27 AM
Well,
cheats don't care about borders.
If there are cheats in the US there also are cheats in Europe.

I saw the videos Ark postes about a week ago.
(Who also was accused of hacking due to playing/sniping "too well")
Can't say anything looked suspect enough to really be considered a cheat.

I think people just need to get their heads out of their own bu77s and accept that not everybody can be the best.
People don't have to be hacking when they beat you.

It's not that difficult to understand, but for some people it's that difficult to accept.

Did i say that it was Ark?

Sdric
06-25-2013, 02:47 AM
You didnt.
He's just an example that false accusation are common.
Since I've most of his videos I also have a quite good impression what's going on @NA.

You got some good players over there.
Some people do snipe so well, it's not hacks just cause you can't do it.

X64
06-25-2013, 02:52 AM
You didnt.
He's just an example that false accusation are common.
Since I've most of his videos I also have a quite good impression what's going on @NA.

You got some good players over there.
Some people do snipe so well, it's not hacks just cause you can't do it.

You're generalizing and molding every hacker's image as Ark. That's not good. You have just Ark stuck on your mind.

As I've said, try NA and find out.

Tyger
06-25-2013, 06:17 AM
I understand your frustration with such misconduct... I agree that a 24 hour ban is not enough, yet one needs to take into account that they did pay for the service.

No. I fully understand the merits of the devil's advocate but not this time. Paying for a service does not mean you have the right to blatantly break the rules WE ALL CLICKED YES ON to load the game up from the beginning. Whether its a monthly sub, a B2P model or a frewb account... You step in with the intent to cheat then I have zero qualms over these players having their accounts banned/outright removed.

EDIT:
pssst... X64... is that a SAO Avatar?

IAMVILELENT
06-25-2013, 05:42 PM
I don't know if the Killcam is a good tool to judge whether or not someone is hacking, I mean yeah you might be able to notice the more obvious glitches like shield regen or someone who is perma invis but it's not like Counter-Strike where you die and you're seeing exactly what they see, or should be seeing. For instance, when I kill someone they're not going to see what I see when I ADS. I don't think it'll display name plates either that is visible to the player. I think that it's better than nothing, but far from fool proof. Another example is when both players die, the first player just sees the 2nd player's kill cam as shaking. I don't know how many times I've gotten a message about how I was hacking because of the killcam shake.

I would assume the reason they don't let you just sit in killcam is because they don't want that person taking up a slot in the match if they're not going to be actively participating.

I agree though, the punishment for hacking should be more severe than 24 hour ban.

I'd have to disagree, the shaking when 2 people die is obvious game bug, it happens to everyone, but with a longer kill cam it would be much easier to catch those players who snap from target to target & lock onto heads instantly, not to mention its also easy to spot head tracking, along with radar hacks. Like blatantly shooting a fully cloaked person hiding behind a rock, or the pre-firing directly into a wall on "accident" as someone comes around a corner, the actions are subtle, but they are noticeable. If it was possible, I'd let a kill cam track a player an entire match, just to make getting offenders removed from the community that much easier, all in all the aimbot/software is only half the battle, you still have stat editors out their. I don't know how many times I've shot someone with my SAW in the last week and seen "30's-50's" show up on the damage meter.

I think as SOME players see that Trion really is failing with this game, & seems to be dropping the ball around every corner, and less and less support is being issued, the more hackers we will see up until DLC launch.

X64
06-25-2013, 05:57 PM
EDIT:
pssst... X64... is that a SAO Avatar?

Yes, this is Kirito, the main character. He's the only one with Dual Wield.

Zydrate
06-25-2013, 05:57 PM
My team was going on about someone on the other team shooting through walls.
Hard to say for sure. PvP is fast paced and when I die, it's usually because someone one-shot me while cloaked. Fair kill, because I got enough EGO ranks to start doing the same thing. Well, minus the one-shot. I assume they just have better guns than I do.

mrs0019
06-25-2013, 07:45 PM
I'd have to disagree, the shaking when 2 people die is obvious game bug, it happens to everyone, but with a longer kill cam it would be much easier to catch those players who snap from target to target & lock onto heads instantly, not to mention its also easy to spot head tracking, along with radar hacks. Like blatantly shooting a fully cloaked person hiding behind a rock, or the pre-firing directly into a wall on "accident" as someone comes around a corner, the actions are subtle, but they are noticeable. If it was possible, I'd let a kill cam track a player an entire match, just to make getting offenders removed from the community that much easier, all in all the aimbot/software is only half the battle, you still have stat editors out their. I don't know how many times I've shot someone with my SAW in the last week and seen "30's-50's" show up on the damage meter.

I think as SOME players see that Trion really is failing with this game, & seems to be dropping the ball around every corner, and less and less support is being issued, the more hackers we will see up until DLC launch.

While I'm not disputing there are no hackers at all, I'd like to take a little time to try and apply an in game reason you experience your SAW doing 30-50 dmg per shot.

Since you didn't mention any of the details this is all speculation, but here goes:

Rear guard, thick skinned, cellular armor: shooting target from behind nets potential 86% dmg loss
SAW does around 400 dmg/shot - 400 x .14 = 56. (Not 30-50 but pretty damn close)
Add In the trenches for another 12% - 400 x .02 = 8 (Now we've dropped well below the 30-50 range)

There are a number of perks that grant tremendous dmg mitigation potential. Hell, I've messed around with a troll build that hits over 100% mitigation with thick skinned. I've used this in a number of matches with some friends...it was comically ineffective at killing, but oh my, I was a dmg sponge. Had several instances of shotgun and SAW users line up right behind me only to completely STALL on any dmg as soon as they hit my health. Next thing they knew a buddy killed them. I was a living decoy! (Still, the build was boring so I ditched it)

At any rate, it's not entirely squirrely to see questionably low dmg numbers from guns in PVP. There are certainly a number of perks to help slow time to kill. However, if you're seeing those low numbers pop up on headshots when someone is is charging you with full shields, then yes...that's most likely a hacker.

Would love to know the situations you and your target are in. Maybe I can shed some more light on it...and provide a couple tricks to help you to counter it (if it's perk related. I probably can't help you on countering a hacker :( ).

One final note, super tanky troll builds are goofy for PVP. Anyone that's run one knows what I'm talking about. Horrible killing efficiency supplemented with crappy healing from a BMG (these things are lucky to outheal the dps on an infector...good luck vs a canker though). That being said, tank builds make for an interesting break from the typical PVP builds/playstyle. :)

IAMVILELENT
06-25-2013, 08:07 PM
While I'm not disputing there are no hackers at all, I'd like to take a little time to try and apply an in game reason you experience your SAW doing 30-50 dmg per shot.

Since you didn't mention any of the details this is all speculation, but here goes:

Rear guard, thick skinned, cellular armor: shooting target from behind nets potential 86% dmg loss
SAW does around 400 dmg/shot - 400 x .14 = 56. (Not 30-50 but pretty damn close)
Add In the trenches for another 12% - 400 x .02 = 8 (Now we've dropped well below the 30-50 range)

There are a number of perks that grant tremendous dmg mitigation potential. Hell, I've messed around with a troll build that hits over 100% mitigation with thick skinned. I've used this in a number of matches with some friends...it was comically ineffective at killing, but oh my, I was a dmg sponge. Had several instances of shotgun and SAW users line up right behind me only to completely STALL on any dmg as soon as they hit my health. Next thing they knew a buddy killed them. I was a living decoy! (Still, the build was boring so I ditched it)

At any rate, it's not entirely squirrely to see questionably low dmg numbers from guns in PVP. There are certainly a number of perks to help slow time to kill. However, if you're seeing those low numbers pop up on headshots when someone is is charging you with full shields, then yes...that's most likely a hacker.

Would love to know the situations you and your target are in. Maybe I can shed some more light on it...and provide a couple tricks to help you to counter it (if it's perk related. I probably can't help you on countering a hacker :( ).

One final note, super tanky troll builds are goofy for PVP. Anyone that's run one knows what I'm talking about. Horrible killing efficiency supplemented with crappy healing from a BMG (these things are lucky to outheal the dps on an infector...good luck vs a canker though). That being said, tank builds make for an interesting break from the typical PVP builds/playstyle. :)

Your explanation would be valid if these people weren't cloakers using all offensive abilities. Normally in the 700-1800 EGO rating range, so they normally don't have any defensive perks other then thick skinned. I almost NEVER have this issue with veteran players. Its mostly new people, which is why I'm suspect about it to begin with. I've actually tested the MOST tank like build, and it's still nothing compared to what I've run into. I'm talking EVERY defensive perk other then the standing still one.

I guess at the end of the day really what all does this even matter lol. We get the same rewards win/lose, which is why I'm not sure people want to hack to start with. Too many people with an Inferiority complex imo. I've actually stopped reporting, I'm tired of doing Trions job for them, took them 2 weeks to respond to my profile bug, and they're reply was to submit it as a bug, oh gee thanks, I'll just leave my bugged pursuits and character as is till your development team fixes it. #LOLTRIHARDER