PDA

View Full Version : What grinds your gears??

konstantinov
01-17-2015, 09:16 PM
Ever since Defiance went f2p people are advertising weapons like this.

T4 Vbi sniper

It's not a T4, it's a purple. When I think of tiers for items in Defiance I instantly think mods.

Chris Robet
01-17-2015, 09:17 PM
People AFKing in co'op maps and getting rewarded for it.

konstantinov
01-17-2015, 09:19 PM

I leave every time I see that. Even deleted a clan mate because of it.

KingNephilim
01-17-2015, 09:26 PM
When I mention that I'm looking to buy a specific item on zone chat, someone replies that they have the item... then suddenly 4 or 5 people respond asking about ego, where the seller is, asking about price...

WTF >_>

konstantinov
01-17-2015, 09:28 PM
When I mention that I'm looking to buy a specific item on zone chat, someone replies that they have the item... then suddenly 4 or 5 people respond asking about ego, where the seller is, asking about price...

WTF >_>

Another one I like is when you say you're trading something and the person comes and looks at it and they ask how much?

Chump Norris
01-17-2015, 09:33 PM
Another one I like is when you say you're trading something and the person comes and looks at it and they ask how much?

This one always gets me.

KingNephilim
01-17-2015, 09:37 PM

Another one would be... a person shows you an item then says "make an offer", you give a random price they say "nah, i'm good" then they disappear suddenly.

>_>

konstantinov
01-17-2015, 09:41 PM
Another one would be... a person shows you an item then says "make an offer", you give a random price they say "nah, i'm good" then they disappear suddenly.

>_>

But if you're looking for a certain item then you should at least ask a friend or someone what the value is if you don't know.

A random price is like the blind leading the deaf.

KingNephilim
01-17-2015, 10:14 PM
But if you're looking for a certain item then you should at least ask a friend or someone what the value is if you don't know.

A random price is like the blind leading the deaf.

If i'm not looking for a certain item but I see one I may be interested in being sold then i'll buy if I think it's worth the cost.

But then I dunno what cost you're selling at. So now I should ask someone else what price I should give you? Although you already know the minimum price you'd sell at?

Assuming I would know how much the item is worth to you is like the mute leading the blind...

Symbiosis2099
01-17-2015, 11:01 PM
What really grinds my gears is hearing someone says 'oh I saw a guy on the forums paying X for this gun'

For example, "oh, I want at least 6 mil and some guns for this reckoning, there's a guy on the forums offering to buy them for 20 mi so it's a great deal at that price" yes, this really happened, yesterday...on xbox NA

Atticus Batman
01-17-2015, 11:11 PM
What really grinds my gears is hearing someone says 'oh I saw a guy on the forums paying X for this gun'

For example, "oh, I want at least 6 mil and some guns for this reckoning, there's a guy on the forums offering to buy them for 20 mi so it's a great deal at that price" yes, this really happened, yesterday...on xbox NA

I traded my encrypted Reckoning for an Encrypted Calling Bird straight across with only about a 300 ego difference. We were both happy, so no matter what others said, it was the best trade for us in our opinions. :)

Atticus Batman
01-17-2015, 11:17 PM

WTF >_>

I can add to that. The seller gives you a set price, and opens a trade. At the last second the trade is canceled, and when you ask WTF?, his response is, "I got a better deal, don't be all butthurt, it's just a game!"

Sorry jerk, but you quoted me a specific price and we agreed, so when you cancel at the last second to take a higher offer somebody whispered or PMed to you, of course I am upset!

If you want more ask for more. If you want a bidding war then say you are taking bids starting at your set price.

Making a deal with somebody who specifically asked for the type of weapon you have, when nobody else did, then canceling it and backing out on the deal for a secret backroom deal is not only bad business but it is just wrong!

People play MMO games for fun and to interact with like-minded players, not to be screwed over by greedy jerkoffs!!!

{EDIT} This is adding to KingNephilim's quote, not directed at him.

Altras
01-17-2015, 11:25 PM
New players accusing long time vets of hacking.

Fallen_Aingeal
01-17-2015, 11:29 PM
New players accusing long time vets of hacking.^^^This^^^

And the random noob that requests "help" in zone chat. Doesn't say where they are and doesn't respond when you ask where.

Atticus Batman
01-17-2015, 11:37 PM

Or accusing WHOLE clans! :p

I get accused of cheating because of my Firewall syn restoring my broken armor plates.

I also get accused of cheating when I use a decoy shield (•Zanzou – 10% chance to release a decoy on shield break), a Blur SMG (http://www.defiancedata.com/weapon.php?id=209)(EEC SMG = Based on the VBI SMG. 20% chance on a full reload to produce a Blur-like effect. Cooldown: 10 sec.) and the overcharge power.

Yes I manage to use 3 powers at once, but I am not cheating! I just know my gear and am smart enough to take tactical advantage when I choose to!

Nefarious
01-17-2015, 11:42 PM

Can anyone really blame them? There is so much unfundamental stuff going on that without knowing the in's and outs of the game it all could easily lead to the assumption of hacks.

Chris Robet
01-17-2015, 11:46 PM
Another thing is the new guys asking how to get swords and on the off chance you explain how to get them and tell them the only tradable sword is the carving knife which is really expensive and they immediately go into zone chat saying they will trade their entire inventory for one. I've had this happen multiple times.

Chump Norris
01-18-2015, 01:12 AM
People asking for someone to share DLC with them.

People that say you are lying when you tell them you cant share Defiance DLC.

Alliiara
01-18-2015, 01:21 AM
Outfits that are only found in lockboxes, headgear that makes our characters bald (Volge headgear :P) and the fact that certain headgears overwrite our hair colour. :mad:
Notice a theme with my complaints?

Atticus Batman
01-18-2015, 01:35 AM
Outfits that are only found in lockboxes, headgear that makes our characters bald (Volge headgear :P) and the fact that certain headgears overwrite our hair colour. :mad:
Notice a theme with my complaints?

If you are talking outfit annoyances, here's one.

How come Irathiant males are the only ones not allowed a shirt with the Gulanite miner outfit, and the only ones covered in burns and scars in it?!

See for yourself!

http://www.defiancedata.com/item.php?id=262

Dixie Cougar
01-18-2015, 01:37 AM
My cat sitting in front of the monitor (near where my laptop vents) and/or arching her back and covering up my screen in a fight.

Telemachus
01-18-2015, 03:23 AM
Quahog Peter

Etaew
01-18-2015, 04:03 AM
Yes I manage to use 3 powers at once, but I am not cheating! I just know my gear and am smart enough to take tactical advantage when I choose to!

Maybe we should open a Tips section on DD and feature various vets with their tips. :p

stefb42
01-18-2015, 05:25 AM

I'm not positive on this, but I think this might have been fixed, I joined an expert coop yesterday and as I joined I got the loading screen for piercer, It took nearly 15 seconds for me to render the piercer on my screen by which time he lost his last piece of hp, I got no score, no reward screen and no arkforge whatsoever, might have been a 1 off, or maybe I got caught in lag or something, but getting no score got no rewards, maybe someone could test this, I don't do coop much and only joined because a clan mate invited me

Arran
01-18-2015, 05:49 AM
Vets not skipping cut scenes.

Xaat Xuun
01-18-2015, 07:15 AM
^^^This^^^

And the random noob that requests "help" in zone chat. Doesn't say where they are and doesn't respond when you ask where.
"help" , I see that all the time, and goes on just as you say, you ask, but they don't reply

then there are also those that are just chatting in zone, about something that no one else is interested in reading but the 2 in chat, and it's not even defiance related.
if they want to do that in area chat or Private chat that's fine, I can get away and let them talk, but in Zone ?? come on

I turned off my voice chat, especially after having to hear bout someones friends relationship drama.

Alliiara
01-18-2015, 07:23 AM
Oooh, I have another one: being told that there is going to be a livestream, asking multiple times on the forums when it is going to be (and getting no replies), staying up to watch and asking multiple times during the Trove stream when the Defiance one will be, to be told "No Defiance stream today, sorry! It looks like our hosts are out today."
I am not mad that there was no stream, I understand that plans change, but a bit of warning that it was not going to happen would be nice.

Etaew
01-18-2015, 08:10 AM
Oooh, I have another one: being told that there is going to be a livestream, asking multiple times on the forums when it is going to be (and getting no replies), staying up to watch and asking multiple times during the Trove stream when the Defiance one will be, to be told "No Defiance stream today, sorry! It looks like our hosts are out today."
I am not mad that there was no stream, I understand that plans change, but a bit of warning that it was not going to happen would be nice.

Live streams are for the most part little to no warning :p

Alliiara
01-18-2015, 08:26 AM
Live streams are for the most part little to no warning :p

Which is why I was so excited when I read this in last weeks Q&A (The question was even from me :P):

Are there any planned upcoming livestreams?

Yes! We’re doing one next Friday! I’m hoping to demonstrate Expeditions, but we may have to restrict ourselves to showing off some other content. Hard to say. I REALLY REALLY want to show off Expeditions.

Graywolfe
01-18-2015, 10:27 AM
Players that get mad and yell at me because i not speed rushing through something or taking a shortcut, just taking my time and doing the event, co-op or whatever it might be. I am slowing them down and wasting their time and i need to just get out of the game.

KingNephilim
01-18-2015, 10:50 AM
"Speed Runners" who take a long time.

"Speed Runners" who dart ahead of the group only to end up stuck at choke points & then i'm forced to save them.

konstantinov
01-18-2015, 01:14 PM
"Speed Runners" who take a long time.

"Speed Runners" who dart ahead of the group only to end up stuck at choke points & then i'm forced to save them.

How are you forced to do anything?

KingNephilim
01-18-2015, 01:23 PM
How are you forced to do anything?

Even if i leave them on the floor, the mobs need to be killed for me to get to the next section, thus allowing them to extract safely... i.e. me saving them

konstantinov
01-18-2015, 01:34 PM
Even if i leave them on the floor, the mobs need to be killed for me to get to the next section, thus allowing them to extract safely... i.e. me saving them

If the mobs need to be killed to advance the co op then I wouldn't consider it saving them.

KingNephilim
01-18-2015, 01:43 PM
If the mobs need to be killed to advance the co op then I wouldn't consider it saving them.

Strange... I wouldn't consider it as anything else.

SirServed
01-18-2015, 02:00 PM
The only way they can't extract during a Co-op is if it's during a boss fight. In that case, it has to die and you STILL have the option of leaving them on the floor.

Major Crapshot
01-18-2015, 02:04 PM
I find that a sticky clutch or a slipping clutch plate really grinds my gears. /rimshot

Thank you, folks. Enjoy the veal and tip your waitstaff. I'll be here all week. ;)

Two things bother me;
1) The constant verbal diarrhea in Zone chat. Just the garbage that spews forth when two or more decide to get in a epeen contest.

2) Grouping with someone to help them on something and then they either don't help (had one sit in my car and do nothing at a daily contract site) or never say anything in Group chat even when asked specific questions (Where to next? Your call on the next mission. You alive? Speak english? Etc.)

konstantinov
01-18-2015, 02:31 PM
Strange... I wouldn't consider it as anything else.

As someone that has played the game longer than 2 months I'd have to disagree.

Tex_Arcana
01-18-2015, 04:21 PM
People that bring swords to gunfights. :P

Altras
01-18-2015, 08:33 PM
People that bring swords to gunfights. :P

"Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't" Wish I could remember what movie I heard that from.

edispilfnairb
01-18-2015, 08:43 PM
"Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't" Wish I could remember what movie I heard that from.

Lol reminds me of Indiana Jones.

Altras
01-18-2015, 08:48 PM
When you ask people if they want to join your warmaster, and their response "WE DONT NEED YOU". Sorry for being social bro.

Graywolfe
01-18-2015, 09:07 PM

Don't know that one but it made me remember Sean Connery's line from the untouchables. :D

Symbiosis2099
01-18-2015, 11:18 PM
I've got another one, when people are selling an item as in 'selling oj popsicles at shondus' and you ask 'how much for a popsicle?' and they reply 'offer.' If I'm familiar with this particular flavor of popsicle, it's all good, I'll offer, and we will deal or not, but if I say 'man you have to give me an idea, I have no idea what it's worth' I usually get silence

Then 2 minutes later I see 'seling oj popsicles' then 'how much for a popsicle?' and the seller says '75k'

the short version being...when someone knows exactly what they want out of their item, but wants you to make an offer so they can try and squeeze it for a few extra scrip.

SirServed
01-19-2015, 12:51 AM
I've got another one, when people are selling an item as in 'selling oj popsicles at shondus' and you ask 'how much for a popsicle?' and they reply 'offer.' If I'm familiar with this particular flavor of popsicle, it's all good, I'll offer, and we will deal or not, but if I say 'man you have to give me an idea, I have no idea what it's worth' I usually get silence

Then 2 minutes later I see 'seling oj popsicles' then 'how much for a popsicle?' and the seller says '75k'

the short version being...when someone knows exactly what they want out of their item, but wants you to make an offer so they can try and squeeze it for a few extra scrip.
That's why you always reply with "50k".

Atticus Batman
01-19-2015, 01:24 AM
Which is why I was so excited when I read this in last weeks Q&A (The question was even from me :P):

So you jumped the gun then. That was posted on the 15th so next Friday would be the 23rd, unless I read that wrong.

Atticus Batman
01-19-2015, 01:34 AM

Not a quote, but reminds me of this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBtv6KXtB-0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBtv6KXtB-0

Alliiara
01-19-2015, 07:59 AM
So you jumped the gun then. That was posted on the 15th so next Friday would be the 23rd, unless I read that wrong.

It was posted on the 9th :(
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?191148-Community-Q-amp-A-January-9

WhiteStrike
01-19-2015, 08:01 AM
When macros attack the unprotected forums.

Chris Robet
01-19-2015, 08:15 AM
When macros attack the unprotected forums.

Okay dude I just have to say I love your profile pic. (:

WhiteStrike
01-19-2015, 08:39 AM
Okay dude I just have to say I love your profile pic. (:

Thanks alot. :D

Jaessica
01-19-2015, 09:49 AM
The fact that I can only use the go to clan mate function with a very limited number of people, in alphabetical order.

Graywolfe
01-19-2015, 09:51 AM
^^ oh yeah aint it the truth Sweet Pea :p

jay ellis
01-19-2015, 10:17 AM
You know what grinds my gears? Spending two years playing a game that I got dc'd from every half hour. Its the biggest thing that holds this game back and its never fixed or addressed by the devs, except in the patch notes and then i never see a difference. Shame.
Btw, free stuff at overpass on ps3na at 430 pm today, 1.19.15

konstantinov
01-19-2015, 10:30 AM
You know what grinds my gears? Spending two years playing a game that I got dc'd from every half hour. Its the biggest thing that holds this game back and its never fixed or addressed by the devs, except in the patch notes and then i never see a difference. Shame.
Btw, free stuff at overpass on ps3na at 430 pm today, 1.19.15

Grinds my gears when jay Ellis is Mia.

Manupod
01-19-2015, 10:58 AM
1. NPCs constantly asking about Nolan and Irisa.

2. Weapon models always taking forever to pop in

3. Enemy models taking forever to pop in

4. Still no sword weapon skill/mastery

5. Getting stopped in my tracks in a vehicle by a little shrub or something that hasn't loaded in.

6. None of my all terrain vehicles can climb a small hill

cmpowell
01-19-2015, 12:52 PM
when players advertise in zone chat needing one more for expert coop and you get in and the other lvl 5k who qued the map leaves(and I don't mean dc'd) you with their to newb clan mates to do said map

cmpowell
01-19-2015, 12:55 PM
oh and when ppl post threads about exploits that have been there forever, but decided it's cheating because they can't figure it out, do it, or don't want to play that way

CM Kiwibird
01-19-2015, 04:22 PM

Hey there Alliiara, we're very sorry that we had to miss that livestream. :(

Atticus Batman
01-19-2015, 08:50 PM
It was posted on the 9th :(
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?191148-Community-Q-amp-A-January-9

Yikes did I look at the wrong thing! That really sucks! Personally I have problems getting twitch to even work right, so I just wait for Etaew or somebody to give me a summary.

Major Crapshot
01-19-2015, 09:13 PM
Here's a new gear grinder: Having to wait 30 seconds between reporting spam. :confused:

Alliiara
01-19-2015, 11:11 PM
Hey there Alliiara, we're very sorry that we had to miss that livestream. :(
Thats ok, I understand. Thanks for replying. :)

Markeen
01-20-2015, 11:21 AM
People that don't play co ops after joining just wait for others to do work and advance map for that core. This happened yesterday and I asked player if they were going to help or just hang out with no reply.

Not being able to start a co op with just 2 ppl. I hate waiting.

Pvp invisible bug. I think it's being exploited now. Maybe

Asking someone how much they want for item and get "offer" as response. YOU know how much the item is worth to you so why not just say what you are trying to get out of it? Then, negotiate. That's how sales work.

Having to explain the difference between being a better player and cheating/exploiting to be the better player. (Ref: pvp)

Racism, extreme trash talk in zone chats. Yes, I can turn the filter on and mute people. But my opinion is there should be a limit as what a person can say. Especially when it comes to racial slurs. Did not appreciate the person telling my Hispanic gf to get back on the boat she got off of and go back to her own country. Telling her if she is going to play a American game to learn English. Yada yada. Keyboard warriors at their best.

Trying to decipher weird chat lingo.

DEATHBRINGER210
01-20-2015, 11:25 AM
how about the laggy game play in pvp, cant even load in right . every time loading in half way under ground. cant even do a pvp match without lagging out

DEATHBRINGER210
01-20-2015, 11:26 AM
and the crimefighter laggy gun

jremarks
01-20-2015, 11:27 AM
1. NPCs constantly asking about Nolan and Irisa.

2. Weapon models always taking forever to pop in

3. Enemy models taking forever to pop in

4. Still no sword weapon skill/mastery

5. Getting stopped in my tracks in a vehicle by a little shrub or something that hasn't loaded in.

6. None of my all terrain vehicles can climb a small hill

All Of the above!

Jaessica
01-20-2015, 11:29 AM
Racism, extreme trash talk in zone chats. Yes, I can turn the filter on and mute people. But my opinion is there should be a limit as what a person can say. Especially when it comes to racial slurs.

I've been wondering... Is there an actual policy of what is and isn't acceptable in game as far as chat and names go?

Markeen
01-20-2015, 11:36 AM
I edited part of that but I don't think there is. Seems like you can make your character name and say whatever you want no matter how offensive it is. There is a filter option. Sad that we have to have a filter. I hope these kids don't talk to their parents or families with that same kind of language.

DEATHBRINGER210
01-20-2015, 11:37 AM
the game is rated ma

Tex_Arcana
01-20-2015, 11:50 AM
the game is rated ma

Yes. But that rating applies to the GAME'S material
It actually does not apply to Player's use of offensive or derogatory language.
If anything there should be an effective reporting system for such types of players.

konstantinov
01-20-2015, 11:52 AM
Yes. But that rating applies to the GAME'S material
It actually does not apply to Player's use of offensive or derogatory language.
If anything there should be an effective reporting system for such types of players.

I trash talk my fair share and then some but I have never taken it to the level that some people do with the racial slurs.

DEATHBRINGER210
01-20-2015, 11:53 AM
they wont do anything . to players . only options is to put up with it . or mute them

ArthriticNed
01-20-2015, 11:56 AM
ma stands for MATURE. Theres absolutely nothing mature about some of these outbursts in zone chat. Trash talk is one thing but the racist/sexist ect ect slurs are unacceptable. Its my belief that most of these kids just had irresponsible parents, not that thats an excuse, but does explain why some of them may feel like their comments ARE acceptable.

Jaessica
01-20-2015, 11:56 AM
True it does say MA, but most games, even MA ones, do not tolerate harassment in the form of racism, sexism, illegal activities, etc.

DEATHBRINGER210
01-20-2015, 11:58 AM
ma stands for MATURE. Theres absolutely nothing mature about some of these outbursts in zone chat. Trash talk is one thing but the racist/sexist ect ect slurs are unacceptable. Its my belief that most of these kids just had irresponsible parents, not that thats an excuse, but does explain why some of them may feel like their comments ARE acceptable.

and how old do have to be to buy a rated ma game?

zayne83
01-20-2015, 12:53 PM
what grinds my gears?

players telling in zone chat that they need AMMO

this ain't BF3 folks

Tygra maneater
01-20-2015, 02:39 PM
IKR! Just the other day a 300 ego noob went off on me and my clanmate and said he was going to report us for hacking because he "only got two kills" inside a level 10 minor arkfall that I called down for a clanmate and me. He was lucky he even got the two kills he did get because the only weapon he used the entire time was a BMG.

Markeen
01-20-2015, 02:59 PM
Lol @ BMG. I have one I've only used it a few times when lag caused enemies and players not to be visible. Which later I learned wasn't helping the situation.

Chris Robet
01-20-2015, 03:34 PM
Here's another one. When people swear and bypass the filter by not typing in the whole word or replacing letters. The filter is there for a reason. I have the filter off myself but many people do not enjoy having to look at people swearing in "creative" (as Trion dubbed it) ways.

Bacon Overlord
01-20-2015, 07:14 PM

If I had to guess... a few of them are the regulars on here, lol.

Well, based on what you're saying they were talking about anyway.

Claydough
01-20-2015, 07:23 PM
Being kicked out of co op

Graywolfe
01-20-2015, 07:51 PM
People that cry about getting punished for being caught cheating.

Eleni
01-21-2015, 01:09 AM
Bmg spanner protector.