PDA

View Full Version : Question about mastered weapons.

Razar2380
01-17-2015, 10:51 PM
I have been trying to gather as much info as I can when not playing the game. Doing so, I got two different opposing bits of information I was hoping the community can help clarify for me.

1 says that when a weapon is mastered, you will no longer gain experience for that weapon class.

The other says you will.

So, I was wondering which is true. If I master a weapon, is it better to just sell it so that I can replace it with one that needs mastering, or can I keep it and still level up that weapon class. For example, I have a SMG that is awesome, and has -12 bloom. It is mastered. So if I still use it, will I gain experience in my SMG class, or is it just giving me the increased stats for that weapon itself?

And if a mastered weapon is not giving me any more experience in that class, then what is the point in having a mastered weapon, if you are not at maxed EGO yet?

Thanks for any help you might be able to give.

Razar.

KingNephilim
01-17-2015, 11:03 PM
A mastered weapon will still give exp towards that weapon class.

I too read somewhere that it would not & spent alot of arkforge remastering a few weapons on my way to 5000+ ego. Eventually I learnt better & thankfully none of my weapons were orange back then.

Symbiosis2099
01-17-2015, 11:05 PM
This is how it once was, I remember when I played way back when just buying a new gun out of a vendor when the old one was mastered so I could keep getting weapon skill experience. They thankfully patched this out.

Atticus Batman
01-17-2015, 11:07 PM
A mastered weapon will still give exp towards that weapon class.

I too read somewhere that it would not & spent alot of arkforge remastering a few weapons on my way to 5000+ ego. Eventually I learnt better & thankfully none of my weapons were orange back then.

You read an old post, from like a year ago. Originally a mastered gun didn't gain you any points towards the weapon skill. However they changed it. Now you can use a mastered weapon and still gain weapon experience towards the weapon skill. You can also re-master a weapon.

Razar2380
01-18-2015, 12:29 PM
Thank you everyone for the responses. My brother and I were about to drop a lot of really good weapons that were mastered, and still very useful.

I am glad that it was changed. Otherwise it seems pretty useless to even have a mastered weapon, unless you already maxed out that class.

Everyday I find more and more that makes this game awesome. From what I can see, they are doing an awesome job.

konstantinov
01-18-2015, 01:14 PM
You read an old post, from like a year ago. Originally a mastered gun didn't gain you any points towards the weapon skill. However they changed it. Now you can use a mastered weapon and still gain weapon experience towards the weapon skill. You can also re-master a weapon.

You also had to wait what seemed like a lifetime for it to reset. I remember when you couldn't reset masteries and were stuck with the 3% ammo on melee kill.