PDA

View Full Version : island of the lost soldiers being exploited

hype
01-18-2015, 04:51 AM
Mainly happens in expert coop island of the lost soldiers -

at the start of the map around where the first gate is locked there is a exploit where a player can jump the rocks and bypass most of the game -and they get to the end in no time and get there pal to boot them from the group so they can start the final boss without waiting for anyone :mad:

i had seen it happen just before the bonus weekend also, but its now being exploited on ps3 eu spoiling the gameplay for the few players that enjoy a coop match

Chump Norris
01-18-2015, 05:30 AM
its now being exploited on ps3 eu spoiling the gameplay for the few players that enjoy a coop match

This is going to sound crazy but if there are only a few of you...why not FR each other and run coops?

crazyged
01-18-2015, 06:12 AM
This is going to sound crazy but if there are only a few of you...why not FR each other and run coops?

So crazy, it might just work!

Claydough
01-18-2015, 06:16 AM
wait, people enjoy co-op?

when did this happen?

KingNephilim
01-18-2015, 06:54 AM

I read this comment & immediately saw this meme in my mind.

hiban
01-18-2015, 07:30 AM
Good! let's remove all the coop maps from the coop map list.
When there are no coop maps left to play, how will you complete the paradise contracts?

Logain
01-18-2015, 08:21 AM
Not sure if this is an "exploit" I mean they are just running on terrain and not going through any barriers right? So how is this an exploit? Is it more like a shortcut?

hype
01-18-2015, 08:48 AM
Not sure if this is an "exploit" I mean they are just running on terrain and not going through any barriers right? So how is this an exploit? Is it more like a shortcut?

unlike the cronkhite map which was removed for speed runs this map is being exploited via this ''shortcut'' - understand now ?

Symbiosis2099
01-18-2015, 09:00 AM
Well I sure hope they don't take this one down, as it is my favorite map. I sure love making hellbugs explode at pete's place.

Why do you think they call him Psycho Pete anyways?

KasperSheitup
01-18-2015, 09:13 AM
So poor map design..?

hype
01-18-2015, 09:19 AM
just been in another, 2mins 41secs is all it took them to exploit the map

lukeskyw
01-18-2015, 09:30 AM
this exploit/shortcut is used for quite some time now, and it also make the scripted sections buggy. Like the steel door in the cavern when you use the "normal" path.

I think many players reports it to trion, but the dev didn't took the time to change the shape of the rock/terrain to block it. It's quite unerving when other people do that.

They are being selfish, so now I just quit the map and wait for another group.

Jet1337
01-18-2015, 10:42 AM
this exploit/shortcut is used for quite some time now, and it also make the scripted sections buggy. Like the steel door in the cavern when you use the "normal" path.

I think many players reports it to trion, but the dev didn't took the time to change the shape of the rock/terrain to block it. It's quite unerving when other people do that.

They are being selfish, so now I just quit the map and wait for another group.

So let me get this. You quit the map because you actually like having to do things slow and boring and you'd rather spend more time obtaining arkforge than getting it in a faster and more efficient way?

brokenshield
01-18-2015, 11:10 AM
So let me get this. You quit the map because you actually like having to do things slow and boring and you'd rather spend more time obtaining arkforge than getting it in a faster and more efficient way?

Maybe some of us actually just enjoy playing the game. I am in no rush to get to a nonexistant "endgame".

Graywolfe
01-18-2015, 11:17 AM
^^This.

I like taking my time and enjoying the game. I am not here just to try and hit max level and then worry about what gear i have and what i need. I like to go through the co-ops and kill everything. When me and some of my clan were doing cronk we agreed on that before we started and we still finished it in about 5 mins so i don't see the need to make it any faster.

Tura Satana
01-18-2015, 11:34 AM
Seems half the co-op maps can be glitched/shortcutted. There aren't that many to begin with. Pulling more of them NOW because they are being exploited would be redicuous and basically make it seem like they had no idea that this would happen - making them sound really dumb or really out of touch with the state of their game and community.

Mister Derpenhowser
01-18-2015, 11:37 AM
Aren't they though?

brokenshield
01-18-2015, 11:39 AM
^^This.

I like taking my time and enjoying the game. I am not here just to try and hit max level and then worry about what gear i have and what i need. I like to go through the co-ops and kill everything. When me and some of my clan were doing cronk we agreed on that before we started and we still finished it in about 5 mins so i don't see the need to make it any faster.

The thing is I understand the other side too. There have been times in Defiance that I was limited on time and just rushed through something. I never would do this at the expense of another player(s) however. After all, co-op is short for cooperative.

hype
01-18-2015, 11:50 AM
Maybe some of us actually just enjoy playing the game. I am in no rush to get to a nonexistant "endgame".

well said, see there are people who play the game as it should. .. im ego 5900 and doing coop maps gives me something different to do,

Graywolfe
01-18-2015, 11:51 AM
The thing is I understand the other side too. There have been times in Defiance that I was limited on time and just rushed through something. I never would do this at the expense of another player(s) however. After all, co-op is short for cooperative.

Right, thats why we discussed it before hand how it was going down. I did one speed run on motherlode just to see and i didn't like it. So i stick with the others like me that don't mind taking our time getting things done. That way everyone gets to do it the way they want it.

Belle Starr
01-18-2015, 12:50 PM
:( DEVS!!!!! PLEASE DON"T GET RID OF MY FAVORITE COOP MAP!!!! :(

DEFIANCE COMMUNITY CAN'T WE SETTLE SOME THINGS WITHOUT DEVS? - I mean, if we get rid of every aspect of the game that has a glitch or imperfection or some small problem, we won't have a game! I LOVE the Island and I love doing coops, because I like the teamwork, but at 5900 EGO, I always do it with friends and clan mates because I've had some very rude things said to me at coops, some deserved (I do LOVE the video clips at the Island although I've seen it a million times), most times not because there are just some very rude people out there! Whatever the case, we work out how we are going to run the coop before we go in! Some days, I say to the group I'm making, I want to watch the film, u OK with that! Some days, if I join a group and they ask me to hit ESC, I DO! :D

I know some people who aren't a social butterfly like me and don't want to join a clan/friends but just want to do the contract, or haven't been in the game long enough to join a clan or make friends, or their clan mates or friends just aren't on at the time, r in a pickle but if u do join a coop blind, not knowing the rest of the group, let the rest know what u want to do that's different from normal gameplay through Group Chat, and if u r in the minority, drop out and get another group to run coop with! If it's contract, another one will pop up quite soon! Have a little patience! :)

ASK FIRST! USE COMMON COURTESY! If you want to fast tract a coop (using shortcuts or powers in the game like blur or decoy), or don't want to see the videos (many people do) or want to bring a friend into a coop that is above their level, anything that deviates from the normal gameplay "as designed", just inform the group you are with of your desire through Group Chat right at the start, and ten-to-one, most people will say "OK", but if not, leave and go find a group that does, or better yet, form one that does! That's the beauty of clans and friends! :cool:

brokenshield
01-18-2015, 12:50 PM
well said, see there are people who play the game as it should. .. im ego 5900 and doing coop maps gives me something different to do,

I won't go so far as to say I play right or wrong. I just figure as long as however I'm playing isn't detrimental to someones hard earned purchase, then I'm good. If people wish to speed run, I don't really care as long as they aren't preventing me from playing my way in the process. Keeping in mind I have yet to do any co-op in Defiance, as my only experience so far is with events like the conflict sites, but the experience is the same.

Right, thats why we discussed it before hand how it was going down. I did one speed run on motherlode just to see and i didn't like it. So i stick with the others like me that don't mind taking our time getting things done. That way everyone gets to do it the way they want it.

Hope I didn't sound like I was correcting your position. I am 100% in agreement with you. (as usual :D)

brokenshield
01-18-2015, 12:55 PM
:( DEVS!!!!! PLEASE DON"T GET RID OF MY FAVORITE COOP MAP!!!! :(

DEFIANCE COMMUNITY CAN'T WE SETTLE SOME THINGS WITHOUT DEVS? - I mean, if we get rid of every aspect of the game that has a glitch or imperfection or some small problem, we won't have a game! I LOVE the Island and I love doing coops, because I like the teamwork, but at 5900 EGO, I always do it with friends and clan mates because I've had some very rude things said to me at coops, some deserved (I do LOVE the video clips at the Island although I've seen it a million times), most times not because there are just some very rude people out there! Whatever the case, we work out how we are going to run the coop before we go in! Some days, I say to the group I'm making, I want to watch the film, you OK with that! Some days, if I join a group and they ask me to hit ESC, I DO! :D

I know some people who aren't a social butterfly like me and don't want to join a clan/friends but just want to do the contract, or haven't been in the game long enough to join a clan or make friends, or their clan mates or friends just aren't on at the time, but if you do join a coop blind, not knowing the rest of the group, let the rest know what u want to do through Group Chat, and if u r in the minority, drop out and get another group to run coop with! If it's contract, another one will pop up quite soon! Have a little patience! :)

ASK FIRST! USE COMMON COURTESY! If you want to fast tract a coop (using shortcuts or powers in the game like blur or decoy) , or don't want to see the videos (many people do) or want to bring a friend into a coop that is above there level, any thing that deviates from the normal gameplay, just inform the group you are with of your desire through Group Chat right at the start, and ten-to-one, most people will say "OK", but if not, leave and go find a group that does, or better yet, form one that does! That's the beauty of clans and friends! :COOL:

I couldn't agree more with you Miss Starr. It is entirely too easy to work these things out without "parental" intervention.

Infinity Eagle
01-18-2015, 01:03 PM
No need to fix the maps, just tie score to rewards. No score = very little rewards.So if you skip part of the map, you get less reward. They know what a average player can do in each map, if they run the whole map, and make it so you have to score that much to get the rewards.

SirServed
01-18-2015, 01:07 PM
No need to fix the maps, just tie score to rewards. No score = very little rewards.So if you skip part of the map, you get less reward. They know what a average player can do in each map, if they run the whole map, and make it so you have to score that much to get the rewards.
What happens if the party only has 3 people for whatever reason and the last player ports in during the last boss fight? Best. Idea. Ever.

Tura Satana
01-18-2015, 01:12 PM
We'll, there's less than a day left for the bonus arkforge. It ends tomorrow, correct? I doubt they will pull any more maps before then.

Graywolfe
01-18-2015, 01:17 PM
Hope I didn't sound like I was correcting your position. I am 100% in agreement with you. (as usual :D)

LOL not at all sounded like you were adding to it :)

This sounds great to me. The sieges already use something like this I think, your score determining the tier of the reward box.

KingNephilim
01-18-2015, 01:19 PM

The only way this would work would be to lock the co-op map after the initial four players are in, making it impossible for anyone else to join even if someone leaves or dc's, otherwise persons queing for a co-op may end up being placed in one already at the end (which is what happens now) & are being robbed of points/rewards they could've earned on the rest of the map.

But then, what happens if an ego 5000+ brings two ego 100's from his clan for a chimera expert, but dc's at the beginning. Or... what if two out of the four players dc? Yes... the map can still be completed, but that's hardly fair to anyone involved.

Markeen
01-18-2015, 02:00 PM
This isn't an exploit. You still have to fight. And if you think that cronk was taken down for "speed runs" you're mistaken. Maybe they should take down Arkfalls too if people skip all the small spawns and wait for the final? See how silly that reads? Besides, isn't it against forum rules to post what you think is an exploit? You ppl keep it up you won't have a game to play at all.

brokenshield
01-18-2015, 02:05 PM
Is a secret that isn't a secret really a secret?

Logain
01-18-2015, 02:12 PM
This isn't an exploit. You still have to fight. And if you think that cronk was taken down for "speed runs" you're mistaken. Maybe they should take down Arkfalls too if people skip all the small spawns and wait for the final? See how silly that reads? Besides, isn't it against forum rules to post what you think is an exploit? You ppl keep it up you won't have a game to play at all.

+1 This

And I agree with Belle Starr. You can group up and coordinate ahead of time. And most of the time as long as you say what your desired play is people will respect that. Or they will go find another group. No biggie.

Edit: to be clear I thought you were talking about running on a path cutting out a bend. If people are jumping barriers or going through walls then yeah that's an exploit.

Symbiosis2099
01-18-2015, 02:46 PM

This is a good idea in theory, however, I've had some runs of bad luck involving co-op and a big boomer a few times. I did scrapworks salvage once and had the most kills on the team by a huge margin, but had the lowest score because I was being iresponsible with my explosives (not to mention, others had their score boosted for reviving me after I was careless). My fault entirely, but I contributed enough that I don't think my rewards should have suffered much from it.

Score is a strange beast anyways. I saw several people in the solstice event at 2nd or 3rd place on the leaderboard and 0 kills because they healed with a bmg the whole time, while the guy with the most kills would be in 5th or 6th because he was in the thick of it and fell several times in battle.

Dixie Cougar
01-18-2015, 02:54 PM
Why are you doing this, trespassers? I don't enter your co-op and exploit your map bugs and glitches!

Tura Satana
01-18-2015, 03:12 PM
This is a good idea in theory, however, I've had some runs of bad luck involving co-op and a big boomer a few times. I did scrapworks salvage once and had the most kills on the team by a huge margin, but had the lowest score because I was being iresponsible with my explosives (not to mention, others had their score boosted for reviving me after I was careless). My fault entirely, but I contributed enough that I don't think my rewards should have suffered much from it.

Score is a strange beast anyways. I saw several people in the solstice event at 2nd or 3rd place on the leaderboard and 0 kills because they healed with a bmg the whole time, while the guy with the most kills would be in 5th or 6th because he was in the thick of it and fell several times in battle.

Well if you frag yourself to death, it should definitely reflect negatively on your score.

But yeah, I am not for rewards based on performance, as the scoring in this game is often baffling. If number one got the best rewards then it'd be a bmg-fest out there.

whit
01-18-2015, 03:40 PM
Unfortunately this weekend bonus has exposed innocents like me to speed running coops. To get 20AF for a 5 minute activity makes one very greedy. Even after the weekend bonus, now that people know the tricks, they will still do it for 10AF, though probably to a lesser extent.

Infinity Eagle
01-18-2015, 03:50 PM
What happens if the party only has 3 people for whatever reason and the last player ports in during the last boss fight? Best. Idea. Ever.

Just lock the co-op once it starts. I guess that you have never jumped in a warmaster that is almost over, and not a chance to win.

So do you need one of these?

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh222/infinityeagle/skippy_alert_zpsca5d7b96.gif

Tygra maneater
01-18-2015, 03:58 PM
Someone tried pulling that on my group once. I was with three friends and the other player was at the end of the map before we saw the first enemy. He immediately started begging us to kick him out of group. We refused to and for added measure, we took our time killing everything in sight. That guy was calling us every name in the book too....hahahaha.

DSW
01-18-2015, 04:01 PM
locking is a no-go.remember all those console disconnection threads? there will be even more of them if devs would implement that. though, implementing some kind of "group lock out" would be nice in that you'll have to be in that group in first place OR be a friend of anybody in that group to join the already started map. the fast-runners and fight-through people usually dont go easy together, it seems. so a joining of random of opposite mind will only make things more complicated.

SirServed
01-18-2015, 04:03 PM
Just lock the co-op once it starts. I guess that you have never jumped in a warmaster that is almost over, and not a chance to win.

So do you need one of these?

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh222/infinityeagle/skippy_alert_zpsca5d7b96.gif
Someone already handled your question before you asked it. If a player disconnects for any reason, they're locked out. If the remaining players can't clear it without help, what now? What if getting into a WM "late" meant you didn't get "full" rewards? So you don't get the DLC2 specific item? Who draws the line and where? Half assed ideas produce half assed results, deal with it.

Belle Starr
01-18-2015, 04:04 PM
Someone tried pulling that on my group once. I was with three friends and the other player was at the end of the map before we saw the first enemy. He immediately started begging us to kick him out of group. We refused to and for added measure, we took our time killing everything in sight. That guy was calling us every name in the book too....hahahaha.

That's a little less polite than what I had in mind, but if he wasn't polite enough to talk to u when the coop began, then I say more power 2 u! Bravo! :D

Claydough
01-18-2015, 04:14 PM
Dont 3 people need to vote to kick?

Therefore if people wanna speed run, majority rules...

Super simple stuff.

If you really really wanna find non speed runs, join the standard or advanced maps. Or even anything other than the contract weekly or daily needed for cores.

stefanies
01-18-2015, 04:45 PM
Man, it's like this game has been taken over by a lot of whiners. I just don't get it. People want to play one way or another... who cares!

DSW
01-18-2015, 10:33 PM

Super simple stuff.

If you really really wanna find non speed runs, join the standard or advanced maps. Or even anything other than the contract weekly or daily needed for cores.

kicking out of group doesnt automatically kick you out of map.

Claydough
01-18-2015, 11:19 PM
kicking out of group doesnt automatically kick you out of map.

other way around, op is complaining people rush through, the they get themself kicked and are able to start the boss without needing to wait for the other players.

notsosaintly
01-19-2015, 12:28 AM
I have run Islands on expert over 20 times today. Some run ahead. I do not consider running past hellbugs "exploiting". Aren't you all being a little sensitive over being left behind to fight hellbugs that are too difficult for you to fight? Perhaps paying attention to choosing the proper weapons and improving your skill is more the point?

DSW
01-19-2015, 12:51 AM
other way around, op is complaining people rush through, the they get themself kicked and are able to start the boss without needing to wait for the other players.

that's why playing with PUGs is last thing you should do. join a clan, or find 3 more people and choose the way you'll go through, why complain about somebody doing something you dont like?

Claydough
01-19-2015, 05:48 AM
yes, the op has so many other easier avenues to go through to fix his issue, but has chosen the most usless and hardest way crying to mum on the forums.

damn kids

brokenshield
01-19-2015, 06:01 AM
yes, the op has so many other easier avenues to go through to fix his issue, but has chosen the most usless and hardest way crying to mum on the forums.

damn kids

As opposed to the "do what the hell I want and damn anyone else" playstyle. The rest of the world should just out of the way I guess.

Tura Satana
01-19-2015, 07:36 AM
I have run Islands on expert over 20 times today. Some run ahead. I do not consider running past hellbugs "exploiting". Aren't you all being a little sensitive over being left behind to fight hellbugs that are too difficult for you to fight? Perhaps paying attention to choosing the proper weapons and improving your skill is more the point?

This is easy to say, but yesterday we had a prick in our group that kept running ahead on motherload and triggering all the enemies who then came at us all at the same time. I'd never seen so many enemies clustered on the screen at once. I don't know how the game didn't freeze..

I could of slapped this kid. I told him repeatedly to stop and he'd say "sorry", but then he did it over and over. "I just wanted to finish fast" he said after.Yet while he was trying to run through, he didn't even open the paths to continue. He'd get there and have to wait. Then he wouldn't come back to help fight the hordes of enemies that he'd triggered early along the way. It was essentially only two of us fighting since another person was having controller issues and kept idling. We ended up quitting after being over halfway in. It just got rediculously stupid.

People need to respect other players in co-op. ESPECIALLY if they bring you in CUZ YOU CANT GET IN YOURSELF. If they tell you to stop doing something, STOP. *sigh* Gone are the good old days when you used to be able to vote kick people out of the server. Its like I have to read a list of rules to the group before letting them in.

I probably wont even take people in anymore without knowing them or their rep. Though I had seen this person's clan tag and had assumed that he'd wouldnt be a complete sh-thread. Boy was I wrong. I talked to his "clan leader" after. He didnt give a rats ***. Trying to do something nice for people too frequently ends in your own ****ing headache.

Bacon Overlord
01-19-2015, 07:57 AM
All the coop maps have issues with stupid people... don't think you're alone.

I go into most expert maps knowing there will be at least one "gotta do it fast" guys that a complete prick and wants to try to get "top" score while leaving everyone else to die.

The easiest thing to do is let them do their thing. They can't start the final area if you're not there. Once they get through everything and are whining about how you're not up there with them.. take your time. See the sights. Go fishing off the bridges or something. By the time you get there they will probably have quit and you and the rest of the people that actually wanted to enjoy the map can continue without them.

I can't think of a single time I've done a coop map when there wasn't "that guy" though. So, there you have it.

Bacon Overlord
01-19-2015, 08:01 AM
Man, it's like this game has been taken over by a lot of whiners. I just don't get it. People want to play one way or another... who cares!

Seriously?

You literally contradicted yourself with your post.

People want to play one way OR the other. But, when the choices conflict, it's generally the immature kid trying to race through it that sets the pace. So.... I GUARANTEE if they put more checkpoints where everyone has to be there before the next area opens in EVERY coop map, they would whine about not being able to play the way THEY want to play. So... you see the problem?

Bacon Overlord
01-19-2015, 08:03 AM

damn kids

From your other posts you seem big on "choice". Yet now you're going to belittle someone about their choice.

Contradiction much?

Besides, letting people know about an exploit that's being abused is a good thing to do.

Bacon Overlord
01-19-2015, 08:05 AM
that's why playing with PUGs is last thing you should do. join a clan, or find 3 more people and choose the way you'll go through, why complain about somebody doing something you dont like?

Because they have a legitimate beef about an exploit?

What's the point? If someone can skip almost the entire map that's obviously abusing a bug.. hence an exploit.

It needs to be fixed and people need to be aware of it.

Bacon Overlord
01-19-2015, 08:06 AM

Wow... I think it's becoming clear who the people are that everyone is complaining about.

The same people that miss the point of "coop" maps and, instead of realizing that maybe playing "coop" isn't what they need to be doing, they want to insult the people that are correct on their assessment of what "coop" actually is.

Typical.

Bacon Overlord
01-19-2015, 08:08 AM

Super simple stuff.

Or.. realize that maybe doing COOP isn't what you should be doing if you want to run ahead or exploit the map.

You know... because "coop".

SMH.

Tura Satana
01-19-2015, 08:09 AM
All the coop maps have issues with stupid people... don't think you're alone.

I go into most expert maps knowing there will be at least one "gotta do it fast" guys that a complete prick and wants to try to get "top" score while leaving everyone else to die.

The easiest thing to do is let them do their thing. They can't start the final area if you're not there. Once they get through everything and are whining about how you're not up there with them.. take your time. See the sights. Go fishing off the bridges or something. By the time you get there they will probably have quit and you and the rest of the people that actually wanted to enjoy the map can continue without them.

I can't think of a single time I've done a coop map when there wasn't "that guy" though. So, there you have it.

Well I didn't want to take ten hours to do the map either. I just wanted the normal progression. And no. Just as I will quit a map with someone who sits idle. I quit this too. I will not fight hard and get you to the end while you stand there and do nothing, don't try, and refuse to listen to or show any respect for your teamates. That is rubbish. I should of just went idle myself. Then they'd probably have quit first and that would of at least been somewhat satisfying.

Bacon Overlord
01-19-2015, 08:14 AM
Well I didn't want to take ten hours to do the map either. I just wanted the normal progression. And no. Just as I will quit a map with someone who sits idle. I quit this too. I will not fight hard and get you to the end while you stand there and do nothing, don't try, and refuse to listen to or show any respect for your teamates. That is rubbish. I should of just went idle myself. Then they'd probably have quit first and that would of at least been somewhat satisfying.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not suggesting that you troll people by going idle. I'm suggesting that the rest of the group just hang back when there are people that won't listen and don't respect the rest of the team. If that's the case and they "want to go fast", denying them that is probably the best way to get them to leave. Then the rest of the team can continue in peace.

After all, the big thing I'm seeing being used as a crutch against logic on this thread is that people seem to think that everyone should "go fast" and that it's their right to "go fast". That's true. But, it's also the right of everyone else in the team to go at a normal pace. If there can't be a common ground to be found, then it's best if the person wanting to "go fast" finds another team. Preferably one with others that want to "go fast".

But... logically speaking, if that was their goal, they wouldn't be PUGging to begin with. They want to show off and/or troll if we're being honest with ourselves.

Mister Derpenhowser
01-19-2015, 10:01 AM
Why you feel the need to post 6 times in a row?..

Chris Robet
01-19-2015, 10:10 AM
Why you feel the need to post 6 times in a row?..

He was explaining other peoples posts but he didn't know how to put it all into one post which is completely understandable.

notsosaintly
01-19-2015, 10:54 AM
Bottom line, guys, Coop means COOPERATION. Go into the map with like-minded individuals. If your group tells you they are going to run through as quick as possible and you agree, then you have no right at all to complain.

stefanies
01-19-2015, 11:33 AM
Seriously?

You literally contradicted yourself with your post.

People want to play one way OR the other. But, when the choices conflict, it's generally the immature kid trying to race through it that sets the pace. So.... I GUARANTEE if they put more checkpoints where everyone has to be there before the next area opens in EVERY coop map, they would whine about not being able to play the way THEY want to play. So... you see the problem?

Oh No! I've been caught complaining about the complainers! SMH!

Seriously as another poster said, it's like complaining to mom about people who don't play the way someone else wants and runs to mom or the school principle. Oh no! they're mistreating meeeee.......

cmpowell
01-19-2015, 12:47 PM
I've never gone into a coop where players didn't prefer a speed run, not exploit run, to trying to kill everything. Even the one time i thought i had the player who spoke up got shut down by the other two players he brought in. btw plz don't advertise in zone chat for another player and then try to dictate to them how you're going to play after you get in the map.

Tura Satana
01-19-2015, 01:51 PM
I've never gone into a coop where players didn't prefer a speed run, not exploit run, to trying to kill everything. Even the one time i thought i had the player who spoke up got shut down by the other two players he brought in. btw plz don't advertise in zone chat for another player and then try to dictate to them how you're going to play after you get in the map.

People who don't take other people's feeling into consideration, are selfish *** holes. Plain and simple. And its sad to say, but many of you are.

And the guy asked to join my team. I LET him. He couldn't get into expert co-op without me. He even said thank you w when he got into group. I didn't have to take him in. I am never desperate for a team. But then going in and racing through and not killing anything, yet still fail because he didn't hit the switches and open the doors, is just ****in idiocy.. He just waited for us to do this as he ran to the door and waited. If he had said that's what he wanted to do. I woulda left his *** at overpass.

Until someone GETS to 5000, its a privaledge for them to be taken into expert co-ops. So they SHOULD be extra respectful to those who take them in, if they want to be taken in again.. Sorry that some of you feel that the only persons' fun/needs/wants that matter are your own. If you don't want to cooperate with others, stay the **** outta co-op.

cmpowell
01-19-2015, 02:05 PM
I think you may have taken my statement as directed at you which wasn't the case. i was just stating my experiences. however, If you would have tried to dictate to me how I was going to play I would've left, to each their own. I have many clan mates to do coops with if I so choose

Tura Satana
01-19-2015, 02:33 PM
And I'd of had no problem with you leaving. It'd be much preferable than having you run ahead triggering all the enemies early and then waiting for us to dispatch them. People have a right to expect others to not purposely do things to screw over or make it harder for the rest of the team. When they ignore that right they prove their selfish *** holeness.

Also, there is nothing wrong with communicating your intentions before starting the co-op just to see if everyone is on the same page. Its not unreasonable to expect cooperation in co-op. I mean, everyone wants people to not screw their warmaster battle, right? Well the same goes for any co-op venture.

Graywolfe
01-19-2015, 02:42 PM
Every co-op i have been in so far we have discussed before starting it how we wanted to do it. I did one speed run just to try it out, rest have been kill everything along the way. I am not at 5k yet so if the player starting up does not want to do it that way i will find another but in the end the person starting up the co-op sets the tone for how it should go down. I am fortunate in that many of my friends and clanmates feel like me and take our time going through so i don't have a problem finding a co-op that runs the way i like.

KILLSHOT707
01-19-2015, 02:53 PM

at the start of the map around where the first gate is locked there is a exploit where a player can jump the rocks and bypass most of the game -and they get to the end in no time and get there pal to boot them from the group so they can start the final boss without waiting for anyone :mad:

i had seen it happen just before the bonus weekend also, but its now being exploited on ps3 eu spoiling the gameplay for the few players that enjoy a coop match
So you have participated in exploits and should be banned.

Dixie Cougar
01-19-2015, 03:03 PM
I don't pug experts, problem solved

brokenshield
01-19-2015, 04:16 PM

So you have participated in exploits and should be banned.

Apparently you read this completely differently than I do.

Kuroro
01-19-2015, 04:24 PM
just been in another, 2mins 41secs is all it took them to exploit the map

damn,tell me their nicks to do the maps with them,i want to do it that fast

KILLSHOT707
01-19-2015, 04:29 PM
Apparently you read this completely differently than I do.
I read it where the OP new it was being glitched and he stayed, more then just on one time.

KingNephilim
01-19-2015, 04:41 PM
I read it where the OP new it was being glitched and he stayed, more then just on one time.

Oh course he stayed. Getting 20 AF to do nothing & the opportunity to tattle on others!
...he probably thought it was his birthday.

brokenshield
01-19-2015, 05:00 PM
Does anyone really believe the devs never play the game they are working on, or at least have a friend or two that do, or at the very least are incapable of googling? None of these secrets are secret. As for OP staying in the run and not bailing out, hardly a criminal act IMO.

Again, just for the record, I personally don't care if someone figures out a way to get 1000 forge per hour, as long as they don't keep me from enjoying my game my way.

r1p
01-19-2015, 05:11 PM
Not that it matters, but my 2 cents:

I personally have nothing against co-op speed runs in general because I see it as cheating the map & not other players. If some players want to deprive themselves of a particular aspect of the game to cut down on grinding it's no skin off my nose & I can even understand not wanting to replay the same co-op map for the 1000th time.

That being said, I also believe that if you want to do a speed run you should do it with a group of friends. Don't try to force a group of randoms who were waiting in the queue to sign off on it after you are in. That happened to me today and when I refused to kick him he started swearing at me in group chat as if it were my fault. Eventually he got one of the others to do it, so the co-op completed quickly and he got what he wanted. I don't see this behavior as harmless because other players are getting cheated out the game experience. In my case, I didn't start playing co-ops until recently even though I have been playing the game for 4 months and just broke 5k EGO so the experience is still new to me.

On a side note, if Trion didn't know about these "exploits" before they were reported then they are doing it wrong. It is a relatively trivial thing to record the start end time for every co-op and subsequently querying the database for anomalies. Follow this up with monitoring youtube, et al. for the inevitable "how-to" video and it becomes a simple exercise in plugging holes in the maps to prevent it if they really want to. Personally, I think that after the AF boost weekend started they executed step one by running some queries and discovered that the exploits had spread rapidly and it determined it could cost them real money, aka less AF being purchased from the store, so they took the easy way out and just pulled the most exploited maps from the game until the boost was over.

keptman
01-19-2015, 08:26 PM
You guys should form a clan and call it.

"Weeny washers"

After playing this game for over 9 months. I hardly have any ark forge, I constantly get DC'ed getting screwed out of credit for something. Forcing me to have to suffer through some sorry individual's idea of a good time. Watching the same video over and over. Give me break, your just on a power trip.

From what I've read here they killed the amount of forge that we get now. And you want to whine about how someone is trying to get it done faster.

Keep up the gripping your just going to screw the game up for everyone.

Moral of the dilemma quit playing be yourself. And group. You know people do this so why even subject yourself and others to your power trip.

Just how many of you holy rollers stay when someone speed ran the coop?

brokenshield
01-19-2015, 08:43 PM
"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate.. to suffering." 9 months of constant DCing and you're still Trioning. Gotta hand it to you.

You want to speed run or glitch, knock yourself out. Just don't expect all us to be the ones to have to group up. You want to play against the accepted norm, then feel free to make some friends yourself, group up and quit trying to force your style down everyone elses throats.

Chump Norris
01-19-2015, 09:13 PM
"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate.. to suffering." 9 months of constant DCing and you're still Trioning. Gotta hand it to you.

You want to speed run or glitch, knock yourself out. Just don't expect all us to be the ones to have to group up. You want to play against the accepted norm, then feel free to make some friends yourself, group up and quit trying to force your style down everyone elses throats.

This weekend most people wanted to run or glitch coop...The few people that wanted to play them legit seem to be the ones trying to force their style on people.

SUPREEM
01-19-2015, 09:40 PM

That confuses me also lol. Back out of a co op and not make quick forge because you want to take your time getting it? I will never in a million years understand the logic behind that. You only miss out in the end.

SUPREEM
01-19-2015, 09:48 PM

"Weeny washers"

After playing this game for over 9 months. I hardly have any ark forge, I constantly get DC'ed getting screwed out of credit for something. Forcing me to have to suffer through some sorry individual's idea of a good time. Watching the same video over and over. Give me break, your just on a power trip.

From what I've read here they killed the amount of forge that we get now. And you want to whine about how someone is trying to get it done faster.

Moral of the dilemma quit playing be yourself. And group. You know people do this so why even subject yourself and others to your power trip.

Preach!! lol

Markeen
01-20-2015, 12:03 AM
This is easy to say, but yesterday we had a prick in our group that kept running ahead on motherload and triggering all the enemies who then came at us all at the same time. I'd never seen so many enemies clustered on the screen at once. I don't know how the game didn't freeze..

I could of slapped this kid. I told him repeatedly to stop and he'd say "sorry", but then he did it over and over. "I just wanted to finish fast" he said after.Yet while he was trying to run through, he didn't even open the paths to continue. He'd get there and have to wait. Then he wouldn't come back to help fight the hordes of enemies that he'd triggered early along the way. It was essentially only two of us fighting since another person was having controller issues and kept idling. We ended up quitting after being over halfway in. It just got rediculously stupid.

People need to respect other players in co-op. ESPECIALLY if they bring you in CUZ YOU CANT GET IN YOURSELF. If they tell you to stop doing something, STOP. *sigh* Gone are the good old days when you used to be able to vote kick people out of the server. Its like I have to read a list of rules to the group before letting them in.

I probably wont even take people in anymore without knowing them or their rep. Though I had seen this person's clan tag and had assumed that he'd wouldnt be a complete sh-thread. Boy was I wrong. I talked to his "clan leader" after. He didnt give a rats ***. Trying to do something nice for people too frequently ends in your own ****ing headache.

I feel like I know what this is in reference to and no worries. I took the person in and had no issues

brokenshield
01-20-2015, 02:14 AM
This weekend most people wanted to run or glitch coop...The few people that wanted to play them legit seem to be the ones trying to force their style on people.

So as a "casual" player, it becomes my responsibility to figure out what events are taking place and what the masses want, and then of course, get out of their way? I understand now the error of my ways.

If the world outside my window is in such disarray and anarchy, how can I expect any different from a video game. I have nothing further to say on these subjects. The field is yours. Carry on.

Cygnus
01-20-2015, 02:46 AM
I was reading a post where the player was mad that he had been repeatedly kick by a group of three that were taking advantage of a short cut in the co op. He decided that co op were a good place for him to level up his sniper rifle.in my oppinion what he did was the equivelant to some one getting on a freeway at rush hour for a sunday drive and doing 54mph and getting mad cause people want to pass him.people are always going to take adavantage of something that benifits them.in my oppinion trying to level a sniper in a co op when its pursuit night is most inconsiderate.telling on others when the majority obviously has different intentions is childish.lm sick of reading about tattle tails and cry babies.lets bury this post by not replying to it any more.end of subject.move on .get over it .play another game.I like defiance the way it is.quit trying to make people play like you.

konstantinov
01-20-2015, 05:44 AM
Solution: STOP PUGGING EXPERT CO OP MAPS.

The end.

Tura Satana
01-20-2015, 05:55 AM
I feel like I know what this is in reference to and no worries. I took the person in and had no issues

Well isn't that cute. He behaved for you.

DEATHBRINGER210
01-20-2015, 07:13 AM
they are never going to do anything about the coops

Dark Book
01-20-2015, 09:58 AM
well my theory on this is when in Rome do as the Romans do... another words if they're glitching I'm going with them if they're fighting I'm fighting alongside.

Belle Starr
01-20-2015, 10:42 AM
Guys, let this thread die please! If we keep taking about the Island this way, my favorite coop will go the way of Cronkite! :(

If you guys make that happen, I'll... I'll... I'll get REALLY mad! As Bruce Banner says, "You won't like me when I'm mad!" :mad:

GodKingMoloch
01-20-2015, 11:10 AM
Why complain about a fast way too earn arkforge. Sounds like some people have way too much time on there hands too make a map drag out for 30 minutes. It is not something new that just happened, its been around since day one. Get a life. And by the way you can't skip though the whole map anyways. It's just a little by-pass. Learn about what your complaining about first then post.

Leprochaun
01-20-2015, 11:25 AM
well thanks to everyone complaining abt this, the server is goin down in 15 mins and rumor has it they are removing this co op map too. i'm just gonna keep finding exploits in all co op maps to have them all removed from game cuz ppl don't know how to keep their mouths shut. i hate co op maps the only time i play them is to exploit them to get a **** ton of arkforge per run. i made 1500 arkforge in 4 hours runnin this co op this weekend and i don't believe it was cheating. if they didn't have such crappy maps and glitchy servers ppl like me wouldn't be exploitin them. i'll make sure all co ops get removed from game. i'll just hack them lol

Where did you hear such a thing? There's no reason for Island of the Lost Soldiers to be removed too. You can exploit through pretty much all of the co-op maps and it wouldn't make sense to just start removing them all. Also, here's a free tip: Don't complain with "ppl don't know how to keep their mouths shut" and then brag about making 1500 arkforge in four hours. Though I suppose if your goal is the removal of co-op maps I guess you're on the right track. Not that you'll ever achieve that goal, but go ahead and try if it makes you feel good about yourself.

Feaster
01-20-2015, 11:57 AM
You wonīt understand why ppl use speed runs untill you be pro on this game, the main problem is veterans should never use shotcuts in public because noobs (low ego or high noobs) will make trion patch everything good and get it crappy.

Its better to create a veteran group and do speed runs, but now itīs too late.

r1p
01-20-2015, 12:05 PM
Why complain about a fast way too earn arkforge. Sounds like some people have way too much time on there hands too make a map drag out for 30 minutes. It is not something new that just happened, its been around since day one. Get a life. And by the way you can't skip though the whole map anyways. It's just a little by-pass. Learn about what your complaining about first then post.

I don't think the OP is complaining about a fast way to farm ArkForge, I think they are complaining about being forced to do so. I'm not against it either, I just wish players had the courtesy to form groups with others who want to farm and leave unsuspecting randoms who queue alone to play the game they it was intended. Its also pretty arrogant to assume that people have no lives when they want to play the game as it's intended.

Maybe Trion should add a box with a button on it to all the fast travel points that rewards 1 AF every time you press it 150 times. Then you can stand there all day pressing the button all the while telling the rest of us that we have no lives while we actually enjoy the game.

hype
01-20-2015, 12:52 PM
Well Done TRION !!!! i knew you would remove the exploited AF - Now to fix the decoy teleport past the gates !

Markeen
01-20-2015, 03:12 PM

Wrong. Not correct. Just sayin.

orcface
01-20-2015, 04:09 PM
One solution would be for all of you to play on PC instead of PS3 because no exploits work there. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, if Trion wanted the instance to behave a certain way they could just put in more checkpoints that you have to hit, with each one being worth a certain portion of the reward at scenario end. You want a core, hit all checkpoints. You want fast for contract completion, use the shortcut you found. It's not rocket science but it is social science.

Bacon Overlord
01-20-2015, 06:44 PM

"Weeny washers"

Apparently you didn't read how that works... I'm not going to explain it, but let's just say what you said doesn't make any sense.

Chris Robet
01-20-2015, 06:45 PM
One solution would be for all of you to play on PC instead of PS3 because no exploits work there. :rolleyes:

Not everyone uses windows.

Bacon Overlord
01-20-2015, 06:48 PM
meh..........

At least they fixed Cronkite.

Proof of the fact that they are listening. So, those of you posting about how you like to skip the instance. Judgement day is coming. Well... maybe.

Probably.

Valani
01-21-2015, 02:03 PM
Thanks for making this thread, hype. Recently, during the Arkforge boost, I participated in this co-op to mainly help and do my daily, but the latter happened and I was left behind wondering where everyone had ran off too. I thought they were all by the first gate fighting bugs but they were already way ahead of that area plus the gate was still up which left me baffled. I noticed the yellow dot on the map and went back to scan what was the body that you're supposed to scan...after I did, the group that left me behind that were racing for their freedom, all spawned back at the beginning along side me and we were fighting the Skitterlings together as a team...until afterwards, they voted to kick me from the group. They did, and proceeded on through the map. Ironically, the barrier would not come down after I defeated all the bugs, and they spawned endlessly. Guess you have to be within the group for that to stop. We later reunited when they graciously made it to the boss bug AND defeated it before it could load on my screen. I just wanted their gamer tags / IDs to report them.

Gai
01-21-2015, 02:10 PM
meh..........

At least they fixed Cronkite.

Proof of the fact that they are listening. So, those of you posting about how you like to skip the instance. Judgement day is coming. Well... maybe.

Probably.

There are other exploits that still work for cronkite lol, they need to fix decoy to really perma fix most exploits.

keptman
01-21-2015, 04:35 PM
Apparently you didn't read how that works... I'm not going to explain it, but let's just say what you said doesn't make any sense.

I understand completely how it works. Maybe you don't understand the language your typing.

Besides you could be leader of the bacon wrapped Weeny washers.

Now that Trion has set kick from group as, kick from coop. I will be doing so too everyone one of you who doesn't press TRIANGLE.

Do you understand that!!!!!!

Tura Satana
01-21-2015, 04:41 PM
Thanks for making this thread, hype. Recently, during the Arkforge boost, I participated in this co-op to mainly help and do my daily, but the latter happened and I was left behind wondering where everyone had ran off too. I thought they were all by the first gate fighting bugs but they were already way ahead of that area plus the gate was still up which left me baffled. I noticed the yellow dot on the map and went back to scan what was the body that you're supposed to scan...after I did, the group that left me behind that were racing for their freedom, all spawned back at the beginning along side me and we were fighting the Skitterlings together as a team...until afterwards, they voted to kick me from the group. They did, and proceeded on through the map. Ironically, the barrier would not come down after I defeated all the bugs, and they spawned endlessly. Guess you have to be within the group for that to stop. We later reunited when they graciously made it to the boss bug AND defeated it before it could load on my screen. I just wanted their gamer tags / IDs to report them.

This sort of happened to me. But I was told not to scan the bodies. I think that's what brought them back to you. Hence they were probably pissed. But its their own fault. How were you to know? They didn't bother communicating it to you. But I hate that they do that and people are left wondering wtf is going on.

Markeen
01-22-2015, 05:46 AM
This was a duplicate post. I can't find a delete post option.

Markeen
01-22-2015, 05:46 AM
When you complete any objective it respawns the entire group to that objectives point.

With that said, I dont see why they havent done all the co ops like they did Scrapworks Salvage. Before, you used to be able to skip to the end very quickly. Now, you have to hit each objective in order for the boss access point to spawn. This would eliminate the glitching of the maps AND the kicking from co op maps that can now be done.