PDA

View Full Version : Um...help please

Deadalous
01-18-2015, 11:54 PM
Ok, so I'm a noob. I'm trying to figure out how to do persuits, get some armor, and find a better gun cause the rifle Nolan gave me ain't cutting it no more. I could REALLY use some pointers here. Like how do you earn reputations. And again, how do you complete a persuit.

Cyripax NeoPrime
01-19-2015, 12:19 AM
Ok, so I'm a noob. I'm trying to figure out how to do persuits, get some armor, and find a better gun cause the rifle Nolan gave me ain't cutting it no more. I could REALLY use some pointers here. Like how do you earn reputations. And again, how do you complete a persuit.

Rep/contracts doesnt open up till ego 250? Or something like that. As for pursuits, just see what you need for them and go after each bullet point! Kills, discoveries, data recorders, completeing side missions, driving distances, spins... etc whatever it may be. A good spot for the 1080 and 720 degree roller spins is to climb to the top of the san fran golden gate bridge, spawn a quad, and just drop off and spin

Cyripax NeoPrime
01-19-2015, 12:23 AM
First thing youll want to do, is just drive the roads on the map to open up some fast travel points so you can spawn to different areas of the map to chase pursuit needs.

Symbiosis2099
01-19-2015, 01:23 AM
There are supply vendors at nearly every fast travel point that sell guns, they're not the best guns ever but they did me right until my ego was higher and I started getting a decent collection of guns to pick from

A piece of advice I always give out to new players in zone chat asking for help: save your scrip and your arkforge. Unless someone's cutting you an amazing deal on a great gun, you probably don't need to lay down the first 100k you make on weapons you likely won't use for long. As for arkforge, there will come a time when you'll wish you had more (even if you do save it up)

in short, don't spend tons of scrip on items from players (as well as arkforge to level said items with you) until you've learned a bit more about the game and how you wanna play it.

Deadalous
01-19-2015, 01:34 AM
I think I've only bought maybe 4 new guns. 2 of which where pistols. The rest I've picked up. But I've gotten far enough along on some of the missions that the guns I'm using just arnt getting the Job done. Even after unloading whole mags on a single target I'm barley doing damage and am kinda at a standstill. My ego rep is at 253 presently. And for the life of me I can't find any other armor/outfits other than Nolan and irisa's. I have been saving my scrip also, played enough if these games to know that. It's just all the missions and such that I'm doing and I'm not earning much of anything

Symbiosis2099
01-19-2015, 01:40 AM
Some pursuits award outfits, you can also buy the outfits from the starting classes at the supply vendor at the erep camp (northwest corner of the map, one of your first fast travel points). When you earn enough reputation with the defiant few you can buy a few outfits from that vendor. You can also purchase bits with real world currency and buy outfits with those.

Edit: One of the reasons you may be doing low damage is if there are a lot of other players around and the threat level (small flaming icon in the top left near your shield and health bars) has been raised. This will boost your ego and the ego of your weapons (and thus your damage), but I find when I'm playing on my lower ego alt that sometimes it feels like my gun is firing marshmallows

Atticus Batman
01-19-2015, 01:42 AM
Some pursuits award outfits, you can also buy the outfits from the starting classes at the supply vendor at the erep camp (northwest corner of the map, one of your first fast travel points). When you earn enough reputation with the defiant few you can buy a few outfits from that vendor. You can also purchase bits with real world currency and buy outfits with those.

You can NOT buy the starting class outfits from the Erep vendor. Only the starting class helms are there. Unless the outfits were added to it in the last month or so. :(

Symbiosis2099
01-19-2015, 01:50 AM
Batman is right, my mistake...

We can't all be Batmen sir

Alliiara
01-19-2015, 01:53 AM
You can NOT buy the starting class outfits from the Erep vendor. Only the starting class helms are there. Unless the outfits were added to it in the last month or so. :(
That would be wonderful. :o

Deadalous
01-19-2015, 02:18 AM
Persuits confuse me honestly. Like the recordings for example. How are you meant to find them all? There no indicator on the map or anything as such except the white stars when you get close to one

Etaew
01-19-2015, 02:38 AM
Persuits confuse me honestly. Like the recordings for example. How are you meant to find them all? There no indicator on the map or anything as such except the white stars when you get close to one

We have a section over on Defiance Data for Data Recorders (http://www.defiancedata.com/data-recorders.php).

KasperSheitup
01-19-2015, 02:39 AM
You can find the locations of all data recorders here: http://www.defiancedata.com/data-recorders.php

Defiancedata will answer a lot of your questions.

KasperSheitup
01-19-2015, 02:40 AM
Ninjaed by etaew himself. :D

Tex_Arcana
01-19-2015, 12:16 PM
To the OP:
You should also be going to every Siege and Incursion in that you see if you want to see about a better weapon or shield.
These also contribute to certain Pursuits.
They will also level you up nicely, AND give you good experience on the game's combat model.
As the folks above have pointed out: Defiance Data is the best resource for this game.
PS. Make sure to read this thread as well:
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?160891-Simple-Warmaster-Guide
Not only will it give you insight into the Warmaster; it will also give solid understanding of weapons, and nano effects.
(I read this when I was just a little higher than what you are now and it helped IMMENSELY).

TheStigsCousin
01-19-2015, 12:59 PM
There is also a perk that increases the chance of enemies to drop gear (can't remember the name). I picked it fairly early on and got tons of stuff along the way. I didn't start leveling up weapons until I was well over 1500ego. I just didn't have to because after every battle/fire fight there was plenty of weapons on the ground. The drops are also usually right at your ego level.

tydino
01-19-2015, 02:50 PM
I consider my self a noob as well even though I am currently slightly under 1000 ego. Playing F2P version I had no clue what I was doing or how to do it. I started playing the story missions and in between those I will do every siege, arkfall and incursion that pop up. I now own 2 orange and mostly purple weapons without buying any of them from the game or other people. I have yet to have an in game conversation with anyone. The guns and armor will come. The pursuits will happen just by playing the game. I thought other people had an edge over me but I often finish at the top or near the top of list during the Incursions and Arkfalls.

Deadalous
01-19-2015, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the help guys, this has all been a real help. Got a couple persuits done today and some new apperal. Also ran into a guy looking to get rid of his older (purple) gear, so I talked him into letting me have some, had to downgrade some but I got a real nice shield and disrupter that I'm using now and figure I'll upgrade as I'll level up till I outgrow it. I think my last question would be about rollers. Are those a DLC thing only after you get the 4 wheeler?

Cyripax NeoPrime
01-19-2015, 11:08 PM
Rollers can be found in vendors throughout the game. All types. No need to buy certain ones from cashshop unless you want a certain color combo. There are some that may be dlc exclusive. Ive had the season pass since day 1 though and honestly dont remember which ones ive gotten from claims besides the red and black raptor

Deadalous
01-19-2015, 11:15 PM
I haven't seen rollers offered anywhere. Are there cirtain requirements for them to be offered?

Cyripax NeoPrime
01-19-2015, 11:29 PM
There is also a perk that increases the chance of enemies to drop gear (can't remember the name). I picked it fairly early on and got tons of stuff along the way. I didn't start leveling up weapons until I was well over 1500ego. I just didn't have to because after every battle/fire fight there was plenty of weapons on the ground. The drops are also usually right at your ego level.

These were my 2 favorite go to perks when i started playing defiance. But in the later game, Ive personally found these 2 perks to be a waste of a perk slot once you hit higher ego levels.
Theres 2, one that gives a 3% increased "chance" for enemies killed by your explosions to drop gear, and one thats a 3% increased chance for any kill to drop gear. Its not a garaunteed 3% increase in drops...... its a 3% chance. Which is why most ppl dont even see a difference

But when you hit higher levels and start doing more events the difference is pretty much not there. It seems i get the same amount of drops with or without these perks equipped, and the extra drops are just greens and white crap. Honestly rewards from events are better than the drops these perks give. And once you start doing more and get into the swing, youll get better gear anyway.

The only good thing i see with these perks anymore is the fact that increased chance means theres a chance youll get a few more green and white drops per arkfall to either salvage or sell and get some extra scrip for your pocket.

Atticus Batman
01-20-2015, 04:25 AM
I haven't seen rollers offered anywhere. Are there cirtain requirements for them to be offered?

Yes. You have to look in the right spots. The vehicle vendor is at headlands and sells them. The Defiant few vendor has some, you need df rep for those ones. I believe the tar family vendor also has 2. There is a secret vendor at Crystal pond that has one.

The only DLC vehicle is the black/red Raptor. It comes with the purchase of DLC 1: Castithan Charge Pack.

Runners consist of only atvs:

Growlers and Hannibals, and the Helldorado.

Cerberus consists of ONLY the Cerberus. It is not ownable.

Rollers consist of everything else pretty much:

Dunis
Challengers
Durangos
Raptors
Nomads
T4 Titan: Mission vehicle only not ownable

You get a pink Duni Shetarru from doing the main Mission: Rosa's New Toy

As was said in this thread already, check Defiancedata. They have every defiance related thing that they can think of.

For instance here is their vehicle information page link:

http://www.defiancedata.com/vehicles.php