PDA

View Full Version : Costumes

Stelek
04-04-2013, 01:38 PM
So, I enjoyed having access to lots of costumes in beta.

Since there is supposedly no class structure, I randomly chose outlaw as my 'class' and started.

Unfortunately, the selection of costumes appears to be extremely limited (and frankly, completely crap) for the Outlaw.

Is this intended? Can I pay to be recreated as another 'not a class but a class for costume purposes' so I can stop running around looking like an idiot?

Since I can't skip the tutorial NOR can I access the in-game store until after I complete it, I can't even say which class has access to the costumes I want.

All in all, endless bugs all around me, and this is what drives me to post.

Zraxus
04-04-2013, 01:40 PM
i read somewhere that higher ego unlocks more purchasable costumes. even if that info isnt accurate you can get others by doing quests. hope that helps.

Jardian
04-04-2013, 01:44 PM

Since there is supposedly no class structure, I randomly chose outlaw as my 'class' and started.

Unfortunately, the selection of costumes appears to be extremely limited (and frankly, completely crap) for the Outlaw.

Is this intended? Can I pay to be recreated as another 'not a class but a class for costume purposes' so I can stop running around looking like an idiot?

Since I can't skip the tutorial NOR can I access the in-game store until after I complete it, I can't even say which class has access to the costumes I want.

Umm dont think they are class restricted ...they do unlock as your ego goes up. They also are awarded for presuits and doing story line. Some you wont be able to gt at all because they are gifts from preorder and diffrent edtions.

Selections are diffrent from beta though some have said never checked in beta lol.

Graylen
04-04-2013, 01:44 PM
As far as i know everyone gets access to the same constumes, save the four starting ones.
You get a lot of them For quests and Pursuits ( sort of like achievements )

Just play through the game and you'll find plenty of outfits :) Even the first Vendor area has a Hat shop.

Stelek
04-04-2013, 02:17 PM
I'm at 400+ Ego, and I've done most of the storyline (so bored I'm running around past the golden gate killing scrappers).

I've only had a handful of costumes unlock, like 3 sets of crap costumes (miner? really? who wants that).

I'm talking about the defiance store. Nothing new, still has only 6 costumes available.

Got 3000 bits and not a damn thing to spend it on.

dazedzombie
05-12-2013, 07:01 PM
I'm at 400+ Ego, and I've done most of the storyline (so bored I'm running around past the golden gate killing scrappers).

I've only had a handful of costumes unlock, like 3 sets of crap costumes (miner? really? who wants that).

I'm talking about the defiance store. Nothing new, still has only 6 costumes available.

got more then that ... if you do the 120 arkfall codes you get the vbi infiltrator ...and with the preorder got the arkfall infiltrator...... just check your pursuit list and each one tells ya what you can get

Wako Jako
05-12-2013, 07:18 PM

6? Is that serious? I have like 10+ available for purchase. I'm level 800+

xxJUSTINxx
05-12-2013, 07:39 PM
6? Is that serious? I have like 10+ available for purchase. I'm level 800+
Look at when it was posted, they have added more since that post.

Cutlass Jack
05-12-2013, 07:45 PM

Class only determines your starter outfit. All characters have access to all the same outfits after that. But the outfits may vary slightly in look based on your race and gender.

New outfits can be obtained by completing certain pursuits, buying them from the Bit shop, or as rewards on the main storyline. Its the same outfits for everyone. Ego rating doesnt determine whats on the shop. And any outfit you buy with bits you get for all your characters.

(edit: should really have checked the date on this thread. I'm sure he figured it out by now.)

Wako Jako
05-12-2013, 07:52 PM
Look at when it was posted, they have added more since that post.

Touché salesman

StanleyPain
05-12-2013, 07:57 PM

I know this is an old post, but it's worth mentioning for newer players that some costumes have really different looks on the different races and genders, so if you see a costume on someone else that you can't find in the store or anywhere else, it might just be a costume you DO have access to, but it looks totally different on a male/female or human/irathient character.