PDA

View Full Version : DLC question about blades

OMERTA
01-19-2015, 07:49 AM
So i have the Arktech DLC, can i equip Castithan blades or are they locked to that DLC?
I assume they are until Batman says they're not ^^

Tura Satana
01-19-2015, 07:57 AM
Hahaha about Batman. But no, you can't use casti blades without casti dlc. Not to mention, I don't know how else you would get one..

TriGlav 2000
01-19-2015, 08:23 AM
You can get Castithan Charge Blade from the T4 lockbox (Elite), but the droprate is extremely low.

Chris Robet
01-19-2015, 08:29 AM
You can get Castithan Charge Blade from the T4 lockbox (Elite), but the droprate is extremely low.

Extremely as I have not gotten a single one since starting this game.

Tura Satana
01-19-2015, 08:33 AM

Well I've gotten one of those.. but it brings up another question. I have all the dlc, but if I didn't have casti dlc, would I be able to use the charge blade dropped from the elite box? Or would it even drop? I had a girl cursing at me I zone because I was telling her that it says ON there that you can get one, and she was swearing up and down that it didn't. And she was supposedly looking at it.

Chris Robet
01-19-2015, 08:39 AM
Well I've gotten one of those.. but it brings up another question. I have all the dlc, but if I didn't have casti dlc, would I be able to use the charge blade dropped from the elite box? Or would it even drop? I had a girl cursing at me I zone because I was telling her that it says ON there that you can get one, and she was swearing up and down that it didn't. And she was supposedly looking at it.

Yes you can still get and use it. The only reason you can't get casti vendor blades is because rep (or the vendor itself I forget which) is locked. The reason it's locked is becuase people were going in all the time at the start of free to play and getting the rep for the sword by having another player take them in. Yes I was one of the people taking the new guys in but ONLY because people were charging 5,000- 10,000 scrip (about 30,000- 50,000 now with the recent inflation) to bring them in which I felt was pretty unfair to them.

Symbiosis2099
01-19-2015, 09:34 AM
It's the vendor that is locked, I went in and ran through some arenas (which I didn't even think was possible) and have some thorn liro rep, but I cannot even access the vendor, it's just a big box to me.

Also, about the charge blades, without the castithan charge dlc the only way you could get one is through the lockbox, and you can equip it (so I hear)

Altras
01-19-2015, 09:36 AM
Blades can be obtained by casti charge pack (thorn liro arenas) 7th Legion, and Arktech Revolution.

OMERTA
01-19-2015, 09:38 AM
But then you could get vendor rep from grouping with people doing arenas? While not having the dlc? Or am i wrong? But then again i was right but still waiting for Batman ^^

OMERTA
01-19-2015, 09:39 AM
Blades can be obtained by casti charge pack (thorn liro arenas) 7th Legion, and Arktech Revolution.

Yeah i know, i have arktech but can i equip a casti blade?

OMERTA
01-19-2015, 09:40 AM
Oh sorry missed your post Chris that solved my previous question. Sry for having such a rush ^^

OMERTA
01-19-2015, 09:43 AM
So no blades can be traded? Or can they be traded with fellow dlc owners?

On another note Tura i can b*tch and moan now about Cronkhite right? ^^
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?194185-Capital-Punishment-Cronkhite

Graywolfe
01-19-2015, 09:47 AM
I was for awhile getting stuff i couldn't use from lock boxes, 7th legion, casti, volge, left and right. I sent a message to them about it and i havn't gotten any more for awhile now. Still get the stuff as event rewards from time to time though, but not often enough for me to worry about.

OMERTA
01-19-2015, 10:01 AM
Incursions in SV still gives you 7L right?

Chris Robet
01-19-2015, 10:01 AM
So no blades can be traded? Or can they be traded with fellow dlc owners?

The only tradeble blade is the Carving knife (very rare) and even if you have the dlc you can't trade swords excluding the previously mentioned one.

Chris Robet
01-19-2015, 10:02 AM
Incursions in SV gives you 7L right?

Yes they do and just so you don't get yelled at by the correct term nazis out there the invasions in silicon are named invasions.

OMERTA
01-19-2015, 11:09 AM
Soup-Hitlers ^^ haha thanks for answers incusion invasion excursion sleep deprevation......

Manupod
01-19-2015, 11:47 AM
Funny everyone says the drop rate for t4 is low, but I've gotten so many I've lost count. It's a pain because I just have to scrap them as I have both the Casti and 7th DLC and far better swords.

Chris Robet
01-19-2015, 11:48 AM
Funny everyone says the drop rate for t4 is low, but I've gotten so many I've lost count. It's a pain because I just have to scrap them as I have both the Casti and 7th DLC and far better swords.

You my friend are the king of RNG.

Symbiosis2099
01-19-2015, 01:27 PM
You my friend are the king of RNG.

Agreed, I can't count how many Elite boxs I've bought and I've yet to see a single sword. I've even been told by players in zone chat 'don't get their hopes up' when I answer the ever popular 'where can I get a sword?' question with 'dlc or Elite lockboxes'

TheStigsCousin
01-19-2015, 01:41 PM
I saw someone in zone last night selling a "rare oj sword", I think they were asking well over 100k. I asked what sword is it and they said it was one of the casti swords. I had to inform them that it couldn't be sold or traded, only the carving knife could. There was 10 minutes of silence and then the same person started selling other weapons. They never mentioned the sword again :)

Tura Satana
01-19-2015, 02:06 PM
I saw someone in zone last night selling a "rare oj sword", I think they were asking well over 100k. I asked what sword is it and they said it was one of the casti swords. I had to inform them that it couldn't be sold or traded, only the carving knife could. There was 10 minutes of silence and then the same person started selling other weapons. They never mentioned the sword again :)

Changing the "non-tradeable" written sentence on weapon descriptions was the stupidest idea ever. It was clear as day. Its somehow easier to understand an unrecognizeable picture with a line through it that contains no reference point in the game?

TheStigsCousin
01-19-2015, 02:14 PM
Changing the "non-tradeable" written sentence on weapon descriptions was the stupidest idea ever. It was clear as day. Its somehow easier to understand an unrecognizeable picture with a line through it that contains no reference point in the game?

I agree. It should be more obvious that an item is non tradeable. I've seen lots of people asking to buy a sword and the person I mentioned wasn't the first one I've seen trying to sell a sword that wasn't a carving knife. I've looked at a lot of my weapons and wondered what those little icons on top mean.