PDA

View Full Version : Lets be adults

JBo796
04-04-2013, 01:56 PM
As we are all aware, there have been some issues. Im pissed, you're pissed, we're all pissed. Ok now that that's out let's quit smashing these devs and instead be a good community which will keep them encouraged so they can do their job more effectively and get these issues resolved. END OF DISCUSSION.

Valethar
04-04-2013, 02:05 PM
I applaud the effort and sentiment, but I fear you're about to be swamped in a tsunami of angst and teen rage shortly.

DamianThorn
04-04-2013, 02:07 PM
I agree OP,but as you know it's the now,now,NOW generation. So like was mentioned,be prepared for the incoming teen angst.

Laughter
04-04-2013, 02:09 PM
I made a post relating to this.. it's to be taken with humor. Brace yourselves. https://plus.google.com/108135164222994461119/posts/7QT8g1qQhTf?utm_source=chrome_ntp_icon&utm_medium=chrome_app&utm_campaign=chrome

Irres169
04-04-2013, 02:10 PM
I thought we ended the discussion at post 1...did we not?

Strykerx88
04-04-2013, 02:10 PM
Yeah, we could all do that. Or companies could stop collecting money for unfinished games.

I think if both parties did both those things, the gaming world would be a wonderful place.

Tango80
04-04-2013, 02:13 PM
I made a post relating to this.. it's to be taken with humor. Brace yourselves. https://plus.google.com/108135164222994461119/posts/7QT8g1qQhTf?utm_source=chrome_ntp_icon&utm_medium=chrome_app&utm_campaign=chrome

Humor? That's the freaking truth right there. However people just don't want to come to that realization. And when they do they can't face themselves in the mirror for being childish.

Laughter
04-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Humor? That's the freaking truth right there. However people just don't want to come to that realization. And when they do they can't face themselves in the mirror for being childish.

Well the humor is for the way of context. ;) But yes it is the truth.

boosted gear
04-04-2013, 02:44 PM
I want this discussion ended Now now NOW :p

Nice post I do actually agree with it :)

Dagbiker
04-04-2013, 02:47 PM
Wait, you want to get these Devs smashed so they can resolve their issues?

AmishWarMachine
04-04-2013, 02:50 PM
Wait, you want to get these Devs smashed so they can resolve their issues?Alcohol solves everything.

Ensu
04-04-2013, 02:56 PM
I got slammed with work on launch day, haven't been able to play much since. What I have managed seems solid, though I'm only part way through Madera so far. Anything I'm likely to feel angsty about in the near future?

Karazykid
04-04-2013, 02:59 PM
Sure, complaining about the game solves nothing. But complimenting the devs on what's been a pretty poor performance so far does less than nothing. If the devs are tired of seeing countless threads about servers being down and critical errors and such, all they have to do is fix those issues. When the game works it's quite a bit of fun. But if nobody can get it to work, how are they supposed to know it's fun?

Jitterbug
04-04-2013, 03:00 PM
Yeah, we could all do that. Or companies could stop collecting money for unfinished games.

And I want a coat made from the tears of unicorns

AmishWarMachine
04-04-2013, 03:11 PM
And I want a coat made from the tears of unicornsYou're going to have to talk to Neil Patrick Harris about that.

JBo796
04-04-2013, 03:13 PM
I am not saying we shoukd "compliment" the devs, but imagine how burnt out they probably are already this week. Some of them were working on this til at least 4 in the morning (was the last I saw). They are trying to make a great effort. This is still miles beyond other console MMO releases (so that is a positive progression for the industry). Hurling insults on these already over worked people will do the opposite of motivate them.

Memnoch
04-04-2013, 03:15 PM

I think if both parties did both those things, the gaming world would be a wonderful place.

You have this backwards. If we as consumers stop buying unfinished games they will stop making them. If we don't there is no reason for them to change. Unfortunately that does mean that some titles might end up being commercial failures because of this but so be it. Why reward companies for poor performance?

I for one am enjoying Defiance a lot despite its many flaws. I've just got up to the prison part again as the servers dropped this evening and I'm certainly finding it easier going this time round.

fsol
04-04-2013, 03:17 PM
I aint pissed besides i fear the pissed ones

http://i47.tinypic.com/ymqkk.jpg

FraggleRock
04-04-2013, 03:21 PM
I couldn't agree more I am loving the game and don't mind waiting for updates or if the servers have to go down for fixes at least they are making an effort to fix the issues

Swarm
04-04-2013, 03:26 PM
i say everyone should grow up and learn that once the title of mmo is achieved the game is never complete, never fixed, buggy, ALWAYS NEEDS MOAR!, and there will be the nolifers who are all like im maxed out i cant do anthing /cry /wrist