PDA

View Full Version : Longshot or short shot?

WhiteStrike
01-19-2015, 01:00 PM
Hello,I have a question about Rocket Launchers.I want to know what advantages the FRC Rocket Pod has over the Longshot Cannon.Thanks for reading.;)

Graywolfe
01-19-2015, 03:06 PM
Hmmm absolutely none that i can think, they have the same basic stats and the longshot is faster and more accurate IMO. Personally i prefer the rebounder.

Nefarious
01-19-2015, 03:26 PM
Weapon balance threads are my favorite. I love typing about weapon balance.

Anyway to answer your question... Nothing. The Longshot is everything the FRC Rocket Pod is but better because its rockets have faster base velocity speed to them and nothing to balance that out. Imo if its rockets are going to travel 1 and half or twice as fast, whatever exactly it is, then its blast radius should be 1/5-twice as small of that which it is now to make up for it. But for now it has everything the other Rockets have and then some.

And since we are on the topic of Rockets Im going to toss enough of my 2 cents in to make up a dollars worth...

The FRC Interceptor should have 2.0 added to its blast radius since it is everything a FRC Rocket Pod is but worse off for the fact that its shots have a moment time delay before exploding. That delay should be rewarded with a little something extra for the effort.

And the VBI Armada needs to be stronger imo. It hinders players as they have to accommodate their mobility and aim to fit to the Armada when it fires since it is committed to firing 3 shots in a row. And for that those shots need to be decent bit stronger then they are.

And I would like to see a total change to how the Rebound Cannon works. Atm its just a smaller and weaker version of the Swarm Cannon. It would be cool that upon impact that when its bombs cluster out, instead of them flowering out in a circle shape like they do they instead come out bouncing in wave forward. Kinda like the manner with TKs Shotgun from Borderlands. But instead of wavy shotgun pellets flying through the air it would be 5 rebounder bombs bouncing a few steps in a wave forward on the ground. That would be cool.

All the rest with the Mass Cannon, Swarm Cannon, Bonfire, Sludge, Lock On Launcher, and Breaker Cannon are fine imo.

Although I would like to see the Breaker Cannon fire in the same manner on how the Chimera Horn used to fire, but obviously work this time.

And would like to see the blue roll on the Chimera Horn of x1.10 Crit be changed to +2 to mag. Over all giving it 6 shots where as other Swarm Cannons would only be able to get up to 4. It would help the Chimera Horn be more so of a Legendary Named Gun as it should be. Not to mention it has no Synergy so it having a few more rounds then normal wouldn't tip the scale for it into unbalance territory.

And that's all I got on Rockets...

Graywolfe
01-19-2015, 03:39 PM
They should change the base stats on the mass cannon a bit as last i looked it had a fire rate of 2.1 and a mag size of 1. How does that work lol.

Nefarious
01-19-2015, 05:01 PM
They should change the base stats on the mass cannon a bit as last i looked it had a fire rate of 2.1 and a mag size of 1. How does that work lol.

Well having more to mag with the Mass is not that beneficial (although it can from bonus rolls) since to cause damage with it you have to reload to detonate. And I have a multi mag mass with fast rate of fire and its more of a hassle then benefit to try and shoot multiple shots and detonate them over targets. Its better to do one shot and have more precision and direct damage.

The Mass is strong though. It really is. Its just that it gets over shadowed as a selection, then again a lot of things get overshadowed as selections. Couldn't hurt for the Mass to have 0.3 faster to reload though. And if anything in the Damage department it should get higher Min damage, but I don't even feel like it would need that imo.

Graywolfe
01-19-2015, 05:12 PM
Well what I mean is the fire rate should be changed to 1, it does not really matter that much i just always found it odd cause i dont think any other except hydra have a fire rate of 2 or more.