PDA

View Full Version : Vehicles and Arkfalls

l4yercake
04-04-2013, 02:02 PM
What is everyone's feelings on vehicles being used as a combat technique during Arkfalls?
I'm kind of mixed on it and can see there's a need in certain regards, but it can't out of control
at times. Almost to the point of it being griefing and distracting when you have 5-6 Challengers zipping around running over mutants/firebugs when you're trying to concentrate fire on Arkfalls.

illgot
04-04-2013, 02:03 PM
I wish vehicles would despawn faster. Allow them to stay up as long as the cool down timer to call up vehicles is resetting.

FailedSeppuku
04-04-2013, 02:07 PM
i think they shouldn't be allowed inside the arkfall area, makes the game too easy

PixieStix
04-04-2013, 02:07 PM
Vehicles should despawn the second you enter a red circle for an arkfall or when you enter a town hub.

Krahn
04-04-2013, 02:11 PM
Vehicles should despawn the second you enter a red circle for an arkfall or when you enter a town hub.

This is the best solution, IMO

FailedSeppuku
04-04-2013, 02:11 PM

+1 .

Cricket
04-04-2013, 02:22 PM

Highly Agree. Hope we see that soon

Skullrtiot
04-04-2013, 02:24 PM
I think vehicle despawn should be directly related to population of a cell. It kinda seems that way to me already, because sometimes when im in a highly populated area, my vehicle despawns almost as soon as i get off of it.

MaritimeMage
04-04-2013, 02:25 PM

This. It's a car, not a W.M.D. lol

Komakala
04-04-2013, 02:30 PM
Agreed, I actually have suggested this via the feedback option in game during early betas. I can't count how many times I've been trying to shoot the weakspots on a crystal only to have some idiot park his challenger right next to the crystal effectively blocking my view of this half of it. Or the running over enemies, or worse pushing them around the field.

Youkai Risu
04-04-2013, 07:08 PM
Yes please ! this would be awesome !

Unknown
04-04-2013, 07:26 PM
Your saying that if aliens invaded the planet and you were driving your car, you would jump out and shoot it... or would just keep driving, put your foot down and hit it head on (yes you know it wants to rip you to shreds). Sure it may be a 3PS but ultimately vehicles are a weapon too, otherwise they wouldn't have hp.

Sure I see your point that you want to shoot the shtako out of everything but every once in a while creating a bit of road kill speeds things up especially if there's only a few people there.

Yup with 75 people at an arkfall and lots of vehicles it'll lag but that's something for them to sort out server side :)

Also vehicles can handle all the ground low level rubbish that just wastes your ammo dealing with whilst you can take out the boss or anything that flies/actually needs effort to target a weak spot etc.

Cortechs
04-04-2013, 07:46 PM

Yes, please!

All vehicles do is deny people from getting drops, push mobs around making aiming difficult, and kill Skitterlings that you want left alive.

Astasia
04-04-2013, 07:47 PM
I'd bet money people in vehicles running into enemies causes a lot less lag than people in 50 different outfits running around with one of hundreds of different guns spraying projectiles all over the place. I have no problem with people running into stuff during arkfalls, there's not that many of them anyway, I don't want to see it disabled, and I certainly don't want to have to hike all the way out of a town to hop in my car and drive off. If anything they should just make them despawn instantly once you get out, it's not like they last long enough to do anything then get back in, just interacting with a single objective takes long enough where you turn around and watch your vehicle disappear most of the time.

Blackwolfe
04-04-2013, 07:49 PM
That would be great. Sometimes I wish people who keep running over mobs in an arkfall would become free for all so we could all gun them down.

NotQuiteWhiteKnight
04-05-2013, 02:35 PM
One issue with vehicles and arkfalls is related to hellbug arkfalls only, since I can't speak on others. When people drive vehicles in circles around crystals they kill the little hell bugs. It is the little hellbugs that actually bite the crystals creating the weak points, in turn making it much more effective at destoying them. As far as the big arkfalls, i believe the hellbugs that you need to destroy to trigger the symbiote is the monarchs which will destroy vehicles almost instantly anyway. I personally think vehicles should de-res after 5 seconds within an ark circle and should not be able to be placed again in the circle until its over.

Malloci
04-05-2013, 02:37 PM
I agree, make the vehicles despawn in the small red circles.

GreyWolfAlex
04-05-2013, 02:41 PM
This is the best solution, IMO

I don't give a hoot about "easy"... and there ARE times, when it's just my wife and I at a minor, and it's damned handy to have a vehicle to apply CC to the archers... that aside, I can't agree more with PixieStix and Krahn....
Vehicles shouldn't be allowed within SIGHT DISTANCE of the AF... the terms, "Griefing" and "Distracting" were used by the OP - and again, I agree more than I can say.
OP: you have my support on removing vehicles from the immediate area of AFs.

One more thought... everyone's worried about killing the skitterlings around AFs, and that they won't "bite" the crystal... well, that's true... but the deeper issue here, at least for SMG/LMG users, is that in killing those bugs with your vehicle (and the rest of you actually SHOOTING them for NO REASON... is that Ammo Thief, which is killer useful for hellbug AFs, becomes useless. EVERYONE, vehicle users and shooters, needs to let those with AT melee these little "buggers" (no pun intended :) please!, so that we can keep the ammo coming! :) Thank you folks.

russell733
Or even better, make any vehicle in the red circles, an open PvP target so we can all shoot and blow them up. I am so sick of people running around arkfalls with them, especially when they push the monarchs around making it twice as hard to shoot them. or run around killing all the skitterlings so you cant get weak spots, never mind cant see the weak spots when they do happen cause the vehicles are in the way

Arsenic_Touch
They're going to make it worse now. They lowered the cooldown on vehicle spawns....

Mustaine
04-05-2013, 02:42 PM
It's kinda annoying since the skitterlings create the weakspots on the crystals... I usually just shout the heck out of 'em, works fine.

soarra
04-05-2013, 02:43 PM
They're going to make it worse now. They lowered the cooldown on vehicle spawns....
well since they have perks that raise vehicle damage i think they should stay. They are meant to be used as a weapon.

Paragons
04-05-2013, 02:44 PM
Yes plz 86 them.... nothing more annoying then 25-100 people in cars while your trying to fight.... They should despawn the min you enter the hot zone. Making them explode against elite mobs just isn't enough.

Arsenic_Touch
04-05-2013, 02:45 PM
well since they have perks that raise vehicle damage i think they should stay. They are meant to be used as a weapon.

Except when you use them during an arkfall you are only griefing other players. You instantly destroy the skitterling hellbugs that break holes in the crystals and you push the bigger ones out of the way and borked someone's lined up shot. Not to mention the vehicle takes up your screen when you're zoomed in.

aeshec

Yes yes yes :D

Kettlewell
Should have vehicles explode near arkfall crystals.

Paragons
how does shouting at anyone help this? 99% of them cant even see their chat box... OR would do so in middle of combat.

Arsenic_Touch
04-05-2013, 02:47 PM
OOOH, I misread the notes. The despawn is lower, not the cooldown. This should actually make arkfalls a little better. People still need to stop driving during the arkfalls though.

Ceois
04-05-2013, 02:51 PM
I'd want the cars to never despawn :). Also have you guys considered that maybe folks are doing the Rollers pursuit? Run over 50 enemies :D

Evilution
04-05-2013, 02:52 PM
Yes please make them despawn inside arkfall area, sick of people running over skitterlings.

Zombified
04-05-2013, 02:52 PM
In the smaller circles yes. The large area of an arkfall despawning vehicles would hamper people who are just passing through doing other tasks in the area.

Vuule
04-05-2013, 02:57 PM

No thanks. That would mean that if a Major Arkfall happens to be where I need to be, I don't want to be forced out of my vehicle.

The only problems I've got with people using vehicles is parking them against the crystal or killing skitterlings when we need them to destroy the crystal.

Lickintoad
04-05-2013, 02:58 PM
I'd want the cars to never despawn :). Also have you guys considered that maybe folks are doing the Rollers pursuit? Run over 50 enemies :D
Easy enough to do that on the road while driving. A quick trip through Madera will take care of that little requirement.

Ceois
04-05-2013, 03:11 PM
Easy enough to do that on the road while driving. A quick trip through Madera will take care of that little requirement.
I know but i was trying to find an excuse for the guys that ram the arkfalls :D

soarra
04-05-2013, 03:27 PM
Except when you use them during an arkfall you are only griefing other players. You instantly destroy the skitterling hellbugs that break holes in the crystals and you push the bigger ones out of the way and borked someone's lined up shot. Not to mention the vehicle takes up your screen when you're zoomed in.

i know about the skitterlings.. and really the zoom? come one. Actually i dont usually use vehicles in arkfalls, just in the beginning when i get in. But when im solo or with a friend i do use them to fool around. Vehicles are weapons and damn good ones

Delte
04-05-2013, 03:33 PM
Vehicles killing bugs and mutants actualy stop you getting loot in Arkfalls. I have been on a few now most of the time people ride round like crazy killing everything and then ramming the crystal. We get no drops during the fall or after when its completed.

The ones and they have been few where no vehicles did any damage we got some nice loot. A purple shield and a blue weapon.

So yes please make vehicles despawn as soon as they enter a red circle.