PDA

View Full Version : Question about weapon mastery

Horror Stories
01-19-2015, 08:30 PM
I've been saving up for a while to get an orange crimefighter and today I got it. I spend the 240 rep to get a purple one from the vendor then bumped it up to orange with the 500 arkforge. I did it mainly out of excitement because once I saw it had 7 mag my heart went to my stomach. The rolls are as follows:

White: -0.10 accuracy
Green: x1.15 crit mult
Blue: x1.05 damage
Purple: not important
Orange: x1.10 damage

I was hoping for at least one roll to be a +x mag but it wasn't :(

It is worth spending the 75 arkforge to keep resetting the mastery in hopes of getting a + mag bonus? At just 7 mag, I really am not excited about using it and probably just won't. Now I do have a blue crimefighter from when I was 3.7k ego and it has 15 mags. I looked and it would only take 64 arkforge to bring it up to my current ego of 5300. Which would be better: Wasting a crapload of arkforge hoping for a mastery bonus I might never get or just 64 arkforge and bring the blue up to my current ego? The orange at my ego does 24k damage with the rolls, and the blue would do 22k damage if brought up. I'll probably go with the blue option. Just wasted 700 arkforge, that sure doesn't feel good. Live and learn I guess.

Chump Norris
01-19-2015, 08:33 PM
The mag mastery will be percentage so im guessing you will get 1-2 extra shots....not worth it imo.

I think damage would be a better mastery for that 2x DMG CF.

Horror Stories
01-19-2015, 08:36 PM
What is meant by 2x damage? I've seen a lot of posts where people mention 2x and 3x damage on things but never understood it.

Mister Derpenhowser
01-19-2015, 08:37 PM
Look at the rolls you listed, two dmg rolls

Chump Norris
01-19-2015, 08:38 PM
Your blue and OJ roll make it 2x DMG.

3x DMG would mean you also had the DMG mastery

Horror Stories
01-19-2015, 08:41 PM
Ah, I see now. I ended up selling the the oj crimefight for 250k. Didn't want it in my inventory after that big of a waste. Rather someone else enjoy it. Brought my blue one up to my current ego and it works just as well. A difference of 2k damage isn't that noticeable.