PDA

View Full Version : So I just attempted to go across the Golden Gate Bridge

DjSparx162
04-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Saw a couple of threads about this giant robotic spider guardian thing, thought nothing of it, went to have a go (can't hurt to see what all the fuss is about) on my way there few people, slowly as I got closer, less players more empty, no mobs, no nothing, then in the distance, I saw the bridge.

how hard can it be I thought, so I scoped out the area. Sat with the main bridge in sight, and there it was, the massive seemingly dead monolith guarding the bridge, so I get on my roller and go for the bridge, I crash into and invisible wall underneath (apparently going through the legs isn't an option) it wakes up, and destroys me, so I extract.

make my way to a safe distance, and take a few shots to roughly gauge how many shots it will take to kill, 1 full mag of a sniper rifle, 1 full mag of my assault rifle, and there is no noticeable difference in the health bar, no damage numbers, or anything.

I'm intrigued now though. What is over the bridge that requires this level of security? What requires a 20 foot tall robot with a laser eye guardian? Anyone else attempted to get across? Has anyone succeeded?

conXel
04-04-2013, 02:30 PM
if you go further in main missions u will see something spectacular about those monoliths

btw u can only cross it after act 4 i think

TanBeret
04-04-2013, 02:31 PM
I need the races from San Fran for the dodge. How the **** do you get across. Idc about the story right now lol

TanBeret
04-04-2013, 02:32 PM
And I tried swimming but that didn't work

conXel
04-04-2013, 02:35 PM

u'll have to complete act 1 to act 4 or you won't get past

DjSparx162
04-04-2013, 02:35 PM

i can't get there either, i've had varying amounts of success ranging from a 1 second life to surviving for a good solid 3 and a half seconds

Mecha_Samurai
04-04-2013, 02:38 PM
Yeah I saw the shop on the other side of the bridge and thought "Oh look more goodies." I had no clue what was waiting for me. I zipped along getting closer to the bride in my Challenger. Then it popped in. Yeah I was dead in a flash.

TanBeret
04-04-2013, 02:40 PM
u'll have to complete act 1 to act 4 or you won't get past

So it's not there for ppl who have? Just there on my screen?

Rebellius555
04-04-2013, 03:18 PM
Two options: Keep going with the story or... What I did was - Finish co-op mission and make sure the leader unlocked the pathway (just ask him for or take a look at his outfit). When you finish with that co-op simply go group>go to leader. I did that by accident and I found myself in San Fran.

SchwartzJesuz
04-04-2013, 03:21 PM
San Francisco is behind the bridge. But seems like nearly no one have made it that far in the story yet. Its a ghost town over there. So empty :(

Maetrik
04-04-2013, 03:28 PM
Yeah, i tried to get over the bridge and survived for 1 second i laughed so hard and right now im progressing slowly through the story right now i'm fighting the 99rs and i hate them.

assassanator
04-04-2013, 03:37 PM
Saw a couple of threads about this giant robotic spider guardian thing, thought nothing of it, went to have a go (can't hurt to see what all the fuss is about) on my way there few people, slowly as I got closer, less players more empty, no mobs, no nothing, then in the distance, I saw the bridge.

how hard can it be I thought, so I scoped out the area. Sat with the main bridge in sight, and there it was, the massive seemingly dead monolith guarding the bridge, so I get on my roller and go for the bridge, I crash into and invisible wall underneath (apparently going through the legs isn't an option) it wakes up, and destroys me, so I extract.

make my way to a safe distance, and take a few shots to roughly gauge how many shots it will take to kill, 1 full mag of a sniper rifle, 1 full mag of my assault rifle, and there is no noticeable difference in the health bar, no damage numbers, or anything.

I'm intrigued now though. What is over the bridge that requires this level of security? What requires a 20 foot tall robot with a laser eye guardian? Anyone else attempted to get across? Has anyone succeeded?
haha yea I pre ordered it and I wanted to cross the bog bridge at the bottom of the map got in the dodge and drove. Got. To bug & shut a few people there go passed see bridge and drive down and see spider and. I nos. Like ill just hall but under his legs.... Car blew up I went flying and died ..

conXel
04-04-2013, 04:41 PM
believe me,dark matters are even worse i thought that 99's where annoying but these dark matters are even more annoying :l

Gunsmith Dan
06-22-2013, 08:39 PM
Don't see what the fuss is about I made it past the robot using combo of cloak skills and hopping on the left foot, leg then over spawn charger and hit the boost..... it was easy once you try enough times.

Bruhaha98
06-22-2013, 08:46 PM
LOL, look at all these NEWBS... hahahahah, you can ONLY get by the ROBOT into san francisco by playing the main story, its the only way to beat the robot....go play the main story, ROOKS.

konstantinov
06-22-2013, 08:50 PM
Go to friend works.

sigma659
06-22-2013, 08:52 PM
LOL, look at all these NEWBS... hahahahah, you can ONLY get by the ROBOT into san francisco by playing the main story, its the only way to beat the robot....go play the main story, ROOKS.

Don't be a jerk about it, Sparx quit two weeks after release due to constant server problems and has now recently gotten on. As for the others, I don't know but don't be quick to make assumptions.

Bruhaha98
06-22-2013, 08:55 PM
Ever think they made that bridge unpassable for a reason? Its to encourage you to play ther story through... Dont take it personal, just telling how it is....

The Lady
06-22-2013, 11:24 PM
When you play the story mission beating it is way easy.

ewen1972
06-22-2013, 11:56 PM
Either do the main story, or have a friend who's over there and travel to him although San Fran when you're not ready can be a bit tough

Peavstar
06-23-2013, 12:28 AM

Technically you are wrong. Just have a clan or group member who can get into San Fran and then go to them and you can get pass the robot but until you beat the main mission you will always have to wait for a friend to be in San Fran.

WhiteF8ng
06-23-2013, 04:53 AM
Nah, you just need to get the Overpass or Coit Tower fast travel points.

Friend fast travels to Overpass/Coit Tower
You go to that same friend
Make sure you stand by the extraction point and get bound there
Fast travel there is now unlocked

Alternatively, complete the story or advance it enough to cross yourself...

RealHoosier07
06-23-2013, 06:31 AM

You have to go through the main story missions to defeat the Monolith. It's impossible to get past until you do this. A group of 50 or more players on the PC tried to come up with a strategy that might defeat the Monolith without doing the Main Missions. They all died within several seconds.

RealHoosier07
06-23-2013, 06:34 AM
Don't see what the fuss is about I made it past the robot using combo of cloak skills and hopping on the left foot, leg then over spawn charger and hit the boost..... it was easy once you try enough times.

No you didn't Gunsmith Dan....don't try this over and over people...Dan is lying. It's impossible.

Black_Adder_
06-25-2013, 04:33 AM

Many have tried to cross that bridge, none have returned.

Krauser
06-25-2013, 10:12 AM
You must find the magic troll and answer his riddles three...

Or stick a smart phone to it's crotch. Either or.

ncanning
06-25-2013, 12:32 PM
FYI, if you want to get the revive awards.... do the story, kill the monolith, wait till somebody shows up who hasn't killed it, then just follow them around while they try too pass.... kinda funny to do actually, especially if they have a mic....

Tyger
06-25-2013, 01:05 PM
TECHNICALLY......

Someone somewhere has to play through the friggin' arc to get into San Fran. No amount of point/counter point posts is going to change this. If you want to skirt the requirements fine, but don't come back with a bag full 'o' QQ cuz' you weren't prepared to handle what was waiting on the other side for you.

The BEST WAY is to just play the main story arc. If that's too tough for some of you then no wonder there's so many p!ss & moan threads about lack of content. Derp.

TIER ONE
06-25-2013, 02:38 PM
I thought Godzilla would rise up & take it out....or maybe the Kraken. After waiting for days to no avail, I eventually played the story missions and destroyed that guy.

- What's crazy is that Charlie somehow made it across unscathed..

SlimShady78
06-25-2013, 02:40 PM
Warp to a friend at the underpass and it will open the quick travel for there. You can then come n go as you please.

vizibledog
06-25-2013, 02:48 PM
You can warp to a friend in San Fran but be warned if your character isn't up to scratch to complete the main mission that grants you access to San Fran, chances are your going to get destroyed. The enemies in San Fran are much harder than the mutants and raiders you've came up against thus far.

For me I'd say skipping to San Fran via a friend is like reading half a book then reading the last chapter.

TIER ONE
06-25-2013, 02:51 PM
You can warp to a friend in San Fran but be warned if your character isn't up to scratch to complete the main mission that grants you access to San Fran, chances are your going to get destroyed. The enemies in San Fran are much harder than the mutants and raiders you've came up against thus far.

For me I'd say skipping to San Fran via a friend is like reading half a book then reading the last chapter.

- This is true....the enemies are alot tougher, so be careful when you travel solo in SF as it is horrible wasteland. Some of the sites are cool tho (Fishermans Wharf, San Quentin, Baseball Stadium, Coit Tower to name a few)

trajedyraines
08-08-2013, 07:11 PM
i have tried everything to get past with no success as there is an invisible wall :S so i did all the missions i could, still no success. does it require the DLC or am i missing something in game?

Market
08-08-2013, 07:18 PM
i have tried everything to get past with no success as there is an invisible wall :S so i did all the missions i could, still no success. does it require the DLC or am i missing something in game?

Progressing through the main story will allow you to cross the bridge... Getting to San Francisco is part of the storyline.

trajedyraines
08-08-2013, 07:33 PM
ok but i have no more missions to do, is there a trigger event for that part?

Mystk
08-08-2013, 09:56 PM
ok but i have no more missions to do, is there a trigger event for that part?

Have you done all of the side missions, too? What was the name of the last main mission you did?

trajedyraines
08-09-2013, 07:48 AM
yes as i said ALL missions the game has given me are done (except challenges like hotshot, rampage, timetrial) the game is no longer progressing in any way. I figured the game was simply incomplete or that i needed DLC but according to these forums i should be able to follow the story and get across. however my story seems to have come to an abrupt end in the final area before the bridge.

also if anyone is just going to say "the story missions will take you there" please stop, read what is posted instead of being a broken record of redundancy. i appreciate all the help but i've been told the same thing 3 times after stating all missions are done

reapertime1066
08-09-2013, 08:07 AM
kill nim and soon u get to kill the Monolith and goto san francisco then the real fun begins

trajedyraines
08-09-2013, 08:12 AM
i think i understand what you mean, i'll just keep doing challenges and arkfalls until something happens then?

Maitreakow
08-09-2013, 08:37 AM
Can you remember what the last Main story mission you did was?

joejoe860
08-09-2013, 08:42 AM
I can get you across! It takes 2 seconds, just add me as a friend. My psn is joe_314

trajedyraines
08-09-2013, 08:59 AM
It seems "Slam for Slam" is not actually completing :s i am going to check if i can redo it

Sliverbaer
08-09-2013, 09:16 AM
You must find the magic troll and answer his riddles three...

Or stick a smart phone to it's crotch. Either or.

This totally made me laugh!

I do remember trying to get past it when I first started playing. Then one day I saw someone drive right through it, so I figured it was a story related thing. Good times, good times.

Maitreakow
08-09-2013, 09:17 AM
It seems "Slam for Slam" is not actually completing :s i am going to check if i can redo it

If you need help:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?46145-Slam-for-slam

OR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxCgJ1FzOkI