PDA

View Full Version : Well patch notes 2.504 are up.

Abaddon2013
01-20-2015, 12:01 PM
Re-installing Chrohnkite bunker and possible banning people for AF exploit users. Thank goodness I wasn't doing that. Lol. Sorry guys to those who have.

DEATHBRINGER210
01-20-2015, 12:05 PM
alot of people are going to like what happen

Feaster
01-20-2015, 12:12 PM
Re-installing Chrohnkite bunker and possible banning people for AF exploit users. Thank goodness I wasn't doing that. Lol. Sorry guys to those who have.

LOLOLOLOLOL
They would make half of the players of defiance quit the game if the get banned, that would mean a ¨GOOD BYE to the cash we could spend on the future here¨, Trion is stupid but not that stupid when you talk about losing cash.

OMERTA
01-20-2015, 12:15 PM
Haha let's see how much ppl will be bragging about exploiting maps now ^^

OMERTA
01-20-2015, 12:17 PM
Then again what happens to ppl who was invited to groups or joined a instance and someone exploited the map? I have been in a few co ops where this has happened, but haven't been excessive like others or doing it on purpose, but I think they will only target those active in af farming or with strange logs? Or am I wrong?

Leprochaun
01-20-2015, 12:25 PM
I don't agree with the possible banning. I skimmed through the End User License Agreement and found nothing to warrant such action. The closest thing I found was that you couldn't exploit for commercial purposes. So, those who did it just to make arkforge for themselves did not violate any of the conditions they accepted upon starting the game. There was also no indication given in-game or on here after the removal of Cronkhite that expressively stated that the exploitation of co-op maps for arkforge could get you banned.

I'm perfectly okay with the removal of arkforge gains, but I think the banning of accounts is too extreme.

OMERTA
01-20-2015, 12:57 PM
From trionworlds
"What is exploiting?

An exploit is when a player goes around designed system mechanics in a manner not intended by the game's designers. For example, if someone is utilizing a bug in game to take advantage of another player without that player having the means to defend themselves. This way of taking advantage of other players is in no way condoned, and can be subject to punishment from the Support team.
"

Markeen
01-20-2015, 01:10 PM
Heh, it's not just with trion and defiance. Almost every game dev will take back from or ban users for willingly exploiting their games. GTA comes to mind.

Leprochaun
01-20-2015, 01:11 PM
Oh, okay. So there's a mention of exploitation and the possible consequence on the trionworlds website. I suppose that's something at least. It doesn't change my mind on the situation though.

Jaessica
01-20-2015, 01:24 PM
For those involved, hopefully it's just temporary suspension rather than a full on permanent ban. The later would seem a bit heavy handed.

Mister Derpenhowser
01-20-2015, 01:26 PM
Remove some of the AF, like half and then its fair... but I gotta say banning people because of poor beta testing is really not good business practice.

Adryn
01-20-2015, 01:31 PM
Remove some of the AF, like half and then its fair... but I gotta say banning people because of poor beta testing is really not good business practice.

They are banning people for the choice those players made, no one held a gun to their head, the decision to act as they did was entirely theirs.
Yes it hurts the numbers, but it promotes a more mature gaming environment showing Trion is no where near as greedy as some would make them out to be and care for the game and community alot more too.

Donk
01-20-2015, 01:32 PM
I find some redemption in this. I remember one glitcher telling me "what are they going to do about it" as I posted to chat "doesn't anyone play the game as designed anymore." I bought it to play it not to cheat it.

Riz
01-20-2015, 01:54 PM
Havent exploited it myself, nor been in a coop where people used that exploit. But i am puzzled by the possible bans. Someone posted they didnt really cut off corners, nor gone through 'walls', but just blurred through the entire map using explosive weapons to kill mobs. In other words, speedrunned it bigtime.

If this is the case i'm not too sure if a ban would be justified. Blur and heavy explosive weapons were put in the game by Trion for players to use at will. So (ab)using them to speedrun through an extire map seems pretty legit to me.

If people did glitch through (invisible) walls, or used weapons that were not put into the game by Trion, or used some other kind of 'hack' or exploit than a ban would seem in place.

I guess the big question is with Trion: Did people used the tools we handed to them, although we never meant them to be used in such a way. Or were actions performed we CLEARLY disapproved in advance and people used them anyway.

Wilhelm Keitel
01-20-2015, 01:54 PM
Everyone knows exploiting is wrong and should not be condoned. The Bans are appropriate.

Speed running was not the exploit skipping through walls and barriers was.

Azimov
01-20-2015, 02:04 PM
Ban the worst offenders, and penalize the next tier by removing AF or suspensions then call it a day. Those with banned accounts will either find another game to exploit or obtain another account and come back in to play with their friends.

Funny how as soon as an announcement like this comes down you see all these "but I only" posts and "they would not cut their own cash flow" posts. Happens every time.

Lesson learned: If you have to exploit, don't be blatant about it, but better not to do it at all.

Jet1337
01-20-2015, 02:04 PM
I think the bans are unnecessary. In Destiny there are methods you can do to skip parts of the end game raids. I'm sure the game designers didn't expect players to find these so fast, but they eventually fix them. Trion isn't fixing these things. Instead they are supposedly banning people. Just because we the people can think outside the box doesn't mean we should be punished for it. We're just trying to make the game better by finding faults so the devs can fix them.

Fallen_Aingeal
01-20-2015, 02:07 PM
I think the bans are unnecessary. In Destiny there are methods you can do to skip parts of the end game raids. I'm sure the game designers didn't expect players to find these so fast, but they eventually fix them. Trion isn't fixing these things. Instead they are supposedly banning people. Just because we the people can think outside the box doesn't mean we should be punished for it. We're just trying to make the game better by finding faults so the devs can fix them.Finding and reporting is one thing. To continue using for own gain is exploiting.

Is this really such a hard concept to grasp?

hardy83
01-20-2015, 02:17 PM
Exploiting is a bannable offence. You agreed to that when you clicked accept on that EULA no one reads. lol

Either way Trion is well within their right to ban people for it if they want.

I also doubt the bans are permanent, but who knows.

maverick07
01-20-2015, 02:23 PM
Some folks caught a ban (think it was one day) and/or had exploited money removed when you could exploit the Extra Life vendor for scrip the first year. So I'm not surprised about bans.

We're just trying to make the game better by finding faults so the devs can fix them.

Good one :p

Nefarious
01-20-2015, 02:25 PM
You have to think that there was consequences for exploiting Scrip from the first Extra Life event. What were people expecting from exploiting Ark Forge? Something that is more important then Scrip. There is no way anyone could honestly think there was nothing wrong with doing it.

Elroyhuman
01-20-2015, 02:47 PM
So Sad... Too Bad.

People were stupid enough to not only use exploits, but they bragged about it here, and in Zone Chat. Some even went as far as to organize events in Zone Chat. They knew exactly what they were doing. I have exactly Zero Sympathy for them.

Look at it from Trion's point of view for a second. They gave you an opportunity to earn extra, You took this gift and said F this, I am going to use all the exploits we have been *****ing about for almost two years and farm the **** out of some arkforge. Arkforge is an in game item you can either earn, or buy through the bit store. You didn't earn it, you didn't buy it, You Stole it. If some one stole from you and you caught them, you would want them to be punished.

So yeah Sucks to be you.

Mister Derpenhowser
01-20-2015, 02:54 PM
Exploits trion have been aware of for two years..... says it all.

Wilhelm Keitel
01-20-2015, 03:45 PM
We're just trying to make the game better by finding faults so the devs can fix them.

If you honestly believe that and can say it with a straight face I have some Ocean front property in Arizona I want to sell you.
Anyone exploiting definitely should be punished.

Hey I noticed the door to the store was left unlocked I only went in to take everything
I wanted to make the store better by finding the faults.

Oktharr
01-20-2015, 04:09 PM
Guys, I'm really confused. I thought they were just SPEED RUNNING through the map? Where exactly in specific detail was the exploit? I watched the video, maybe I just didn't see it.

Atticus Batman
01-20-2015, 04:22 PM
Guys, I'm really confused. I thought they were just SPEED RUNNING through the map? Where exactly in specific detail was the exploit? I watched the video, maybe I just didn't see it.

That one video was speed running. However most who farmed the map used a decoy exploit to skip straight to the end.

I however haven't been on since Wednesday, so I should be good. :)

Oktharr
01-20-2015, 04:26 PM
I only played on Sunday, the last day of the event. I had a feeling people were going to be in a feeding frenzy and I wanted nothing to do with it, lol.

Plus I was only 1950 Ego at the time, I have a long ways to go before ArkForge is relevant to me.

crazyged
01-21-2015, 02:42 AM
I was in the one map that was exploited, but up until the guy decoyed through the wall, I had no idea it even existed!

Thing is, it's in most gamer's natures to be a bit larcenous at the best of times - that'll never change! :D

Eleni
01-21-2015, 02:53 AM
I wasnt aware of Conckrite nor Island of Schizo until last sunday.
Fallen in and saw it myself, then wow! good to know.

Indeed now going throught walls is exploit.
What about cloaking and running all throught EXP 101 just killing the "key" mobs ?

I used to cloak "fast run" 101 and then Gpound Dekuso with our lil" team. But this is not exploit, this is not involving environment defaults nor anything.

I have my bum between 2 chairs now as "skilled" will become "cheated".

Imao "fast run" and "exploit" are 2 very different things.

Chump Norris
01-21-2015, 03:30 AM
They made this mistake and no one was punished, in fact the people who stole were rewarded.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?174211-Defiance-Hunter-Recruit-and-Veteran-F2P-Packs

squidgod2000
01-21-2015, 04:58 AM
Ban them all.