PDA

View Full Version : Major Ark Boss Boost?

Gai
01-20-2015, 03:52 PM
Took like 8 mins to get the monolithe to expose his neck q.q

Chris Robet
01-20-2015, 03:59 PM
If they did finally fix them I'm happy.

Oktharr
01-20-2015, 04:18 PM
Oh my god that Monolith, what in the world. He was wiping the entire raid. Just recently he was as dangerous as a mouse.

Must have been buffed.

TheStigsCousin
01-20-2015, 07:05 PM
I thought it was just me or lag like we had during the Solstice event lol

Altras
01-20-2015, 07:19 PM
I believe all arkfall bosses were fixed in today's patch. Where as the last month or 2, you could insta kill the bosses. Hopefully this will bring some life back to DM and Scrapper. Idk anyone who bothers with hellbugs anymore.

Tura Satana
01-20-2015, 07:21 PM
Finally! Funny how they fix it now, but don't say anything, cuz it was supposed to have already been fixed. Its as if they tried to slip it in under our noses. I am really turned off by this. They must think we're idiots.

Altras
01-20-2015, 07:26 PM
They must think we're idiots.

I doubt that. Trion's Defiance team is pretty limited in what they can do, with the amount of staff they have. Any effort is better than none at all, even if it takes a few months. My faith was renewed when the Seasonal Arkfalls came out. And i'm hoping Rockies will have more replay value than Aftermath, which I did once and never touched it again. Shame really, took them a while to get it out, then you play it for a half hour, and never go back.

wjssmith
01-20-2015, 07:37 PM
I believe all arkfall bosses were fixed in today's patch. Where as the last month or 2, you could insta kill the bosses. Hopefully this will bring some life back to DM and Scrapper. Idk anyone who bothers with hellbugs anymore.

I don't think it was just the bosses though, i noticed while doing my dailys with my high ego character(4900), that i was under a constant threat level of 5. Normally it stays at 1 or 2 unless someone else shows up. But my low ego alt i am working up (1200) was at theart level 1 until others showed up.

Chris Robet
01-20-2015, 07:39 PM
I don't think it was just the bosses though, i noticed while doing my dailys with my high ego character(4900), that i was under a constant threat level of 5. Normally it stays at 1 or 2 unless someone else shows up. But my low ego alt i am working up (1200) was at theart level 1 until others showed up.

It is supposed to be at threat 5 at 4500-5499 ego unless you are in mount Tam or an event such as an arkfall, incursion, etc . where your threat level is cut in half to help make it easier on the new guys.

Rashere
01-20-2015, 07:39 PM
We haven't intentionally changed the bosses at all. If we did, we'd most certainly let you know. Heck, I'd love to take a tuning pass at them, but haven't had the time.

I'll take a peek, though, and see if something happened.

Rashere

Mister Derpenhowser
01-20-2015, 07:41 PM
If something has happened, leave it the way it is please. Bosses are bosses for a reason afterall :)

Gai
01-20-2015, 07:42 PM

Unless the drop rate increased or something I doubt we'll see more life lol, if anything less people will bother.

Chris Robet
01-20-2015, 07:43 PM
We haven't intentionally changed the bosses at all. If we did, we'd most certainly let you know. Heck, I'd love to take a tuning pass at them, but haven't had the time.

Rashere

A glitch did you just say that? Well then look at the glitch and if it isn't harmful to the game at all then maybe we should sweep this one under the rug.

Rashere
01-20-2015, 07:45 PM
A glitch did you just say that? Well then look at the glitch and if it isn't harmful to the game at all then maybe we should sweep this one under the rug.

It would be amazingly awesome if something actually happened and by some miracle the bosses are now appropriate difficulty. The time consuming part of tuning is arriving at the right values. Being able to cut that out of the loop...could probably get things updated for reals in a day or two.

Rashere

Chris Robet
01-20-2015, 07:52 PM
It would be amazingly awesome if something actually happened and by some miracle the bosses are now appropriate difficulty. The time consuming part of tuning is arriving at the right values. Being able to cut that out of the loop...could probably get things updated for reals in a day or two.

Rashere

Thanks Rashere. Looks like the game loves you so much that it's fixing itself for you. <3

Tura Satana
01-20-2015, 08:00 PM
Unless the drop rate increased or something I doubt we'll see more life lol, if anything less people will bother.

On the contrary, i couldn't wait for them to be tough again. I don't care about rewards. This is a game and i play it cuz its fun. I enjoy the long hard fought battle.. as long as its not insane. But if they are now back to how they were before Thanksgiving, however it happened. I am very pleased and I will start doing them again.

That said. I know there will be ton of people who will be butthurt about having to put forth effort...

Gai
01-20-2015, 08:03 PM
On the contrary, i couldn't wait for them to be tough again. I don't care about rewards. This is a game and i play it cuz its fun. I enjoy the long hard fought battle.. as long as its not insane. But if they are now back to how they were before Thanksgiving, however it happened. I am very pleased and I will start doing them again.

That said. I know there will be ton of people who will be butthurt about having to put forth effort...

I don't mind difficult bosses but I definitely wouldn't want to put in WM level work for incursion level rewards js.

wjssmith
01-20-2015, 08:10 PM
It is supposed to be at threat 5 at 4500-5499 ego unless you are in mount Tam or an event such as an arkfall, incursion, etc . where your threat level is cut in half to help make it easier on the new guys.

Good to know, but today is literally the first day that it has happend. Normally stays at 1 no matter where i am if i am solo and i chase arkfalls and incursions daily. At least i did until i started my alt character.

Tura Satana
01-20-2015, 08:13 PM
I don't mind difficult bosses but I definitely wouldn't want to put in WM level work for incursion level rewards js.

Well WM's extreme difficulty in winning is largely due to the short amount of time you have to complete it.

Altras
01-20-2015, 08:46 PM

Rashere

It is a very noticeable difference.

Nefarious
01-20-2015, 09:34 PM
So far Ive only done the Matron, not the Mature one, but the one with the legs that go up and down. And we dropped it as quick as usual :confused:

Time to go check out this new Monolith I guess. Probably going to kill that thing quick to.

SirServed
01-20-2015, 09:43 PM
Well WM's extreme difficulty in winning is largely due to the short amount of time you have to complete it.
7 minutes is a long time. The only thing that there's a short supply of on a loss is competence.

Oktharr
01-20-2015, 09:47 PM
It is a very noticeable difference.

This. Please take a look into it. I am reporting from Xbox, the Monolith boss I have dubbed WarMaster Part 2.

Leprochaun
01-20-2015, 09:52 PM
Just fought a progenitor, used an entire reserve of reckoning ammo on a heat sink and it didn't die. Each shot did ~4,000 damage. I don't know how much other people were doing to them, but I did ~2,252,000 until I had to go find an ammo crate and then come back and shoot it some more. Is that a lot of health? Because it seems like a lot to me. Maybe it only seems like a lot because it took more than my entire reserve of ammo to kill it.

Altras
01-20-2015, 09:55 PM
Multiple reports of awesomeness?! Its a miracle in the Bay!!

otonagamer
01-20-2015, 10:36 PM

Rashere

Most terrifying comment I ever saw on entire forum from the dev's mouth...

One word...

WTF...

SMH...

ROFL...

EMC forever...

BTW, I'm so glad that now Monolith shows some challenge.

Dixie Cougar
01-21-2015, 12:37 AM
This is working in coops too. I did have a couple crashes earlier but have been stable for a while now.

Finally will be able to make it to major bosses and not have them die while I'm en route.

Eleni
01-21-2015, 01:05 AM
I didnt have the chance to give a try yesterday as mostly been called for trades.
I did my daily sites tho and seemed to be "untouched".

I would be please if the bosses has been buffed !!

Taking out progenitors or monolith, even more true on a matron and all the oversized thing in just a few "light" pellets wasnt epic at all; good to farm but not epic.

Let the big bad things killing us and free the nuke!!

whit
01-21-2015, 01:08 AM
Is WM affected ? Last night failed one, broke armour in less than 2 mins (very good for our server), thought we had a win coming, but we could not finish him off in the remaining 5 mins.

Fallen_Aingeal
01-21-2015, 01:14 AM
Did a monolith a little bit ago. About 15 of us there. We destroyed it in a little over 10 minutes.

I did notice that the legs took a bit longer to break through. The neck, however, seemed about the same. Don't know if it was just because ppl were using ideal weapons {very few CF's and only a couple bmgs}, but it wasn't near as difficult as I remember before the holidays. Albeit, a bit more difficult than yesterday.

Gai
01-21-2015, 01:32 AM
Did a monolith a little bit ago. About 15 of us there. We destroyed it in a little over 10 minutes.

I did notice that the legs took a bit longer to break through. The neck, however, seemed about the same. Don't know if it was just because ppl were using ideal weapons {very few CF's and only a couple bmgs}, but it wasn't near as difficult as I remember before the holidays. Albeit, a bit more difficult than yesterday.

Maybe it's a very situational glitch, the one I did had around 30+ people and we barely finished, at that volume weapons don't even matter lol. A lot of people with green ego boosted constantly too didn't matter XD

KingNephilim
01-21-2015, 02:31 AM
Did the Island of Lost Soldiers on expert right after the patch, for my Paradise daily. Went thru the whole map & got to the boss thinking it would be a calk walk... sometimes previously I wouldn't even get a chance to see the mother of all hellbugs, she'd die before she could even render on my screen. These are the current results tho:-

Before the patch: 6 shots from my milking maid annnndddddd... it's dead.
After the patch: 6 shots from my milking maid... 1/10 of it's life depeleted 0_0

..."suprised" is not sufficient to describe my & my groupmates reaction.

Untamed1
01-21-2015, 11:21 PM
Uh oh the bosses have become self-aware and are actively upgrading themselves.

Gai
01-21-2015, 11:56 PM
Uh oh the bosses have become self-aware and are actively upgrading themselves.

Next gen open world bosses lol should be a new feature.

Nefarious
01-22-2015, 12:55 AM
I just did the Monolith. We didn't kill it.

There was a good amount of people but nothing crazy. Cant tell if the Monolith was boosted or if its the same and the players fighting it are all low levels being new..

Anyway it was nice to see it stick up a fight for once. Its a building sized robot, its Defiance's 8th wonder of the world. It should never be a push over.

With that and seeing how much punishment it can take now it would be cool and reasonable for the Monolith to be considered as a vehicle and for the perk 'Wreaking Ball' to effect it.

Graywolfe
01-22-2015, 06:59 AM
Did a few scrapers majors last night and I was able to take out the Progenitor by myself in under a minute in each one, it has never been that easy before. Side note it still didn't show me getting the kill shot on it for the pursuit and i was the only one there.

Chris Robet
01-22-2015, 07:01 AM
Anyway it was nice to see it stick up a fight for once. Its a building sized robot, its Defiance's 8th wonder of the world.

What are the seven other wonders?

otonagamer
01-22-2015, 09:53 AM
It depends on how many people are participating probably. I did beat Monolith easily(with only single tech mag drive attack) one time with under 15 people but I didn't beat it another time when around 30 people were there. Enemy scaling is totally off and working weird way. Though I think it's not buff. I think it's quite beatable if we use green juice properly.

And it's not only Monolith. I had quite a challenge for Hellbug Hellion arkfall. People got downed all over the place and we had to use lots of spikes to beat the symbiote. It was only around 3 minutes left when we beat it. It has never been this hard since the launch I think. It was fun.
Even when I play minor arkfall, sometimes enemies seem quite getting buffed. There were only two people including me(around ego 1500) and it was only TL 1 or 2 but lots of enemies spawned and we had hard time.

Ryker Vorton
01-22-2015, 10:27 AM
I love how hard the monolith is now, even though one hit killing me with over 22k shield is a bit overkill....

The helion is now a bit too tough, yesterday took us quite long to kill it, i myself did more than 100 critical hits on it with my bolter (60k damage each one, in average) that's quite a lot of HP lol

Still haven't fought any scrapper major, i'm thinking it will be quite "interesting" now :)

Nefarious
01-23-2015, 10:10 PM
I just did it again. We killed it with 10 minuets to spare. Things were looking grim from the start and some what through it I told ppl in area chat to focus on 1 leg, the right 1 starting face. And once we started focusing our fire those life bars went down pretty quick.

It takes some focus fire teamwork or else it will fly away and you lose your chance to bring it down. Kinda reminds me of the War Master now in a way on the same amount of team work that's needed, but with a lot more time on the clock to do it.

And now those Ego Boost spikes that make you glow green and boost your stats are now more important then ever again.

Its not unbeatable but it has gotten a lot better it seems.

Abaddon2013
01-23-2015, 10:49 PM
I've came in at almost every place in the end on score card and still have yet to see an oj. I know DM is the only ArkFall that has a,chance to drop oj's. So after I maxed out my xp I only run ArkFalls for the triple threat weekly for 7th Legion. For me they are pointless. Just like co-ops. No real rewards.

Chris Robet
01-23-2015, 10:51 PM
I've came in at almost every place in the end on score card and still have yet to see an oj. I know DM is the only ArkFall that has a,chance to drop oj's. So after I maxed out my xp I only run ArkFalls for the triple threat weekly for 7th Legion. For me they are pointless. Just like co-ops. No real rewards.

Al arkfalls drop oj's.

stefb42
01-24-2015, 06:02 AM
If all arkfalls drop oranges it must he a recent change, hellbug and scrapper arkfalls have never dropped orange gear, only the dark matter arkfalls, incursions, sieges, wm and themed arkfalls dropped oranges in the past

BenXFrank
01-24-2015, 10:24 AM
[...]Trion's Defiance team is pretty limited in what they can do[..]

This is the core message :D Hope they will focus on a playerfriendly environment in the future. I don't really give a damn about new events, weapons, synergies and so on.

Fallen_Aingeal
01-24-2015, 10:50 AM
Al arkfalls drop oj's.

Incorrect. The only events that reward Legendarys is, Dark Matter Major Arkfalls, Volge Sieges, Warmaster, Volge and Afflicted Incursions.

Claydough
01-24-2015, 10:56 AM
Incorrect. The only events that reward Legendarys is, Dark Matter Major Arkfalls, Volge Sieges, Warmaster, Volge and Afflicted Incursions.

is there any proof to back these claims?

if thats the case, i cant see myself doing another progen or hellbug af lol

Razar2380
01-24-2015, 12:22 PM

The day before yesterday, I got a gold SMG from one of the Hell Bug major Arkfalls. It was the one with the queen that looks almost like a tick. It wasn't a loot drop, but from the box at the end when it shows everyone's placement.

Might be a bug that is affected by whatever is causing the bosses to scale higher. But it is a really cool SMG, and I have been using it a lot.

Caramel Jenni
01-24-2015, 01:20 PM
Just came from a Monolith DM Major. Even with doing 100,000s of damage to it, we failed. BUT! I found that the Monolith has learned new tricks; tumbling through the air.

http://i.imgur.com/3ozirJIl.png
http://i.imgur.com/A9R8YPzl.png

Fallen_Aingeal
01-24-2015, 02:16 PM
is there any proof to back these claims?

if thats the case, i cant see myself doing another progen or hellbug af lolPlaying the game for nearly 2 years and logged over 2k hours. If others are now dropping legendaries, it's a bug that will be squashed quickly. The only reason I do the others is for contracts. I have done so many hellbugs and scrappers that there isn't any excitement in them anymore.

The day before yesterday, I got a gold SMG from one of the Hell Bug major Arkfalls. It was the one with the queen that looks almost like a tick. It wasn't a loot drop, but from the box at the end when it shows everyone's placement.

Might be a bug that is affected by whatever is causing the bosses to scale higher. But it is a really cool SMG, and I have been using it a lot.Gold isn't legendary. Orange is. If a hellbug major rewarded an orange, it's a bug{pun intended}. It will be fixed quickly.

Think about, if you were here to remember, the Tarr crates when they were first introduced. They were dropping orange shields every 5 pulls. They nipped that in the bud within 48 hours.

I stand behind my assertion. unless shennanigans are going on, only the events I listed reward Legendarys.

Chris Robet
01-24-2015, 02:29 PM
Think about, if you were here to remember, the Tarr crates when they were first introduced. They were dropping orange shields every 5 pulls. They nipped that in the bud within 48 hours.

Hehehe, I'm still using the rebel I got from that. :D

SirServed
01-24-2015, 04:49 PM
Just came from a Monolith DM Major. Even with doing 100,000s of damage to it, we failed. BUT! I found that the Monolith has learned new tricks; tumbling through the air.
We just did the fight in 9:40. That was with random lowbies spam clicking the EGO boosts on cooldown and me pulling the fight along with my Dove. I can understand how a large amount of not so optimized players can fail this fight. At the same time, I think failure is a good sign that you still have room to improve your character in some way. Time to raise the bar on your skill caps.

Chris Robet
01-24-2015, 04:51 PM
I feel that players did not have enough challenge before this which was making them pretty lazy when a skitterling could kill a monolith. This new change should be good with getting people to think more about their loadouts.

otonagamer
01-24-2015, 07:46 PM
Monolith is just getting back to what it was when it first came, not harder than it I think.

BTW, I saw Monolith using cloak effect the other day. Maybe it's evolving secretly...

RAGEFIGHTER
01-24-2015, 08:49 PM
I thought I will buy all dlc on my Xbox now fk that if they overpower rest mobs wm already messed up now they throw hands over rest mob? I like challenge it's fine but if monolith hits you directly double time no matter where you hide or run and tous 2 hits means instant death then fk that besides don't listen tous who cry for more hardcore tous ppls propobly aren't playing anyway they just wanna kill game just make less interesting for tous who still enjoy it

SirServed
01-24-2015, 08:54 PM
I thought I will buy all dlc on my Xbox now fk that if they overpower rest mobs wm already messed up now they throw hands over rest mob? I like challenge it's fine but if monolith hits you directly double time no matter where you hide or run and tous 2 hits means instant death then fk that besides don't listen tous who cry for more hardcore tous ppls propobly aren't playing anyway they just wanna kill game just make less interesting for tous who still enjoy it
Wait, what? This game is actually pretty easy.

satirized
01-24-2015, 08:58 PM

Very easy with the right gears. You are probably using crappy weapons.

RAGEFIGHTER
01-24-2015, 09:00 PM

No it was easy now they are up to mess it up again like they did with wm long time ago

Claydough
01-24-2015, 09:06 PM

youre right it is a very easy game this, but i agree, i'd love to be able to actually dodge attacks from some things.

stun lock by tankers and grid is infuriating.
a small amount of i frame during a roll would make this combat so much better.

RAGEFIGHTER
01-24-2015, 09:15 PM
Very easy with the right gears. You are probably using crappy weapons.

I'm using nice equipment in events sometimes jump in last minute and hitting score boards top :) it's not about theth by the way perks all are for surviving and I'm still die so you say it's easy I say you wanna kill enjoyment for others in game never seen game where death is so sexing normal like it's ment to be part of game

Fallen_Aingeal
01-24-2015, 10:16 PM
There aren't enough tissues for some.

Please quit crying for more nerfs! If it's too hard, change what you're doing...

Jet1337
01-24-2015, 11:16 PM
There aren't enough tissues for some.

Please quit crying for more nerfs! If it's too hard, change what you're doing...

But I don't wanna stop using my infector or BMG! ;_;

mortaug
01-24-2015, 11:18 PM
Much harder today, as others said I was getting one shotted by the monolith with a 23k shield.
Also we were hitting the leg armor for 120k+ sniper shots and it still took till the third drop to get the armor to break off. He was soaking up damage like a Warmaster on roids

P.S. absolutely had a blast :)

Jet1337
01-24-2015, 11:21 PM
Whether they fixed it or not, bosses are bigger bullet sponges and the rewards suck. I'm not playing until the next update.

otonagamer
01-25-2015, 12:09 AM
I'm using nice equipment in events sometimes jump in last minute and hitting score boards top :) it's not about theth by the way perks all are for surviving and I'm still die so you say it's easy I say you wanna kill enjoyment for others in game never seen game where death is so sexing normal like it's ment to be part of game

If it's about Monolith, use green juice. It'll give you armor buff and knock down resist. You can get same effect from protection spike, ablative armor stim, brawler Stim.

Everyone should remember this thread is about enemy boost glitch, not about general gameplay. It's true that when this glitch occurs, bosses one shot you unreasonably.

Today I was playing mount tam Incursion. then I got killed instantly by two almost simultaneous bullets from two EMC mutant Snipers ON THE ROOF. My shield was Youkai or something with bigger capacity. First shot deprived all of my shield and second shot nailed my health. As you know, mutant soldiers on the roof in Mount tam Incursion were relatively weak. This is probably the first time I got killed by snipers on the roof in MT Incursion(or maybe the first time I ever got killed by any NPC sniper in the game) because they weren't any threat before. It was not even TL 10. I think it was TL 6 or something. Definitely something weird is going on. It just happened at the start of the Incursion and the rest was normal.

Edit: I said Incursion but it's Serenity Academy Siege of Mount Tam Incursion of course.

stefb42
01-25-2015, 05:30 AM
See this is what happens, a BUG is introduced that suits a few people and they think it's better now so think the entire population of the game should have to endure it because they like it that way and screw everyone else, they're just crying blah blah

So other aspects of the game that are too easy as far as I'm concerned, time trials way too easy, gold time should be silver on most courses and gold should require 10 seconds quicker than now, even then I would probably still not find them much of a challenge, there's a few who would agree, so should we make the time trials harder because I find them too easy?

Hotshots rampages, again gold score should be silver and gold requirements should be increased considerably because yeah I think they're easy and should be more of a challenge, so yeah everyone should suffer because I want things my way

You can't just be content with the fact that a challenge is coming in the shape of excursions where you can play 'harder' content, no you want the entire game population to change it's ways or suffer, guess its fortunate that the forum users are a vocal minority anyway so hopefully wont be listened to

While I disagree that because a bug suits a few people it should be endured by all, I do agree that bosses were in need of a buff, but it has to be a buff, a proper balance reached by looking at their statistics from boss encounters under a whole array of different circumstances, accounting for all extremes, and balanced appropriately, an unintentional bug that effects different situations in different ways is by no means a fix, sometimes the monolith is twice as hard as it was, others its more like 20-30x harder more hp etc, it isn't consistent

Tura Satana
01-25-2015, 05:49 AM
Whether they fixed it or not, bosses are bigger bullet sponges and the rewards suck. I'm not playing until the next update.

Well we won't miss you. It IS true that rewards are bad.. but this has been the case for a while. I'm not expecting or even looking for rewards from the arkfalls. I play them just for fun. As a lot of people do. The reward is gonna be crap whether its over in two minutes or not. So let's ave some fun with it.

As far as being one-shotted by the mechanized hunter, this is how I remember it to be. Therefore, you should be trying not to get hit. Dont be up its *** when its on the ground, and be aware of where its firing when its in the air. The green ego juice is your friend. Don't hit it the second you get to it. Make sure the hunter is down or enemies are dropping - otherwise it'll run out before you can use it.

Ryker Vorton
01-25-2015, 06:43 AM
Well we won't miss you. It IS true that rewards are bad.. but this has been the case for a while. I'm not expecting or even looking for rewards from the arkfalls. I play them just for fun. As a lot of people do. The reward is gonna be crap whether its over in two minutes or not. So let's ave some fun with it.

As far as being one-shotted by the mechanized hunter, this is how I remember it to be. Therefore, you should be trying not to get hit. Dont be up its *** when its on the ground, and be aware of where its firing when its in the air. The green ego juice is your friend. Don't hit it the second you get to it. Make sure the hunter is down or enemies are dropping - otherwise it'll run out before you can use it.

I'm with you about playing for fun, rewards in defiance never been good so they are not the reason we do anything in the game.

But you are not so right (note i didn't say you are fully wrong either) about the monolith 1 hit killing us, never been like that to me (tank build here anyways) only a direct hit from the napalm bombs usually 1 hit killed any of my characters. So, if people use anything but a high capacity rhino and damage reduction perks for a final boss fight, yess, they should die in one hit, it is just how it should ever be. But the other day i got one hitted several times with my little sexy tank and that's when things went out of scale. I mean, i know the only way to withstand more damage than what my character already can would be to be higher EGO (almost 5400 atm) but then again, it wouldn't make sense and it would throw to the ground those people saying that everything is the same after ego 5000 (proving me right that every level counts specialy after 5000)

But it will be fixed soon ;)

Tura Satana
01-25-2015, 07:54 AM
I'm with you about playing for fun, rewards in defiance never been good so they are not the reason we do anything in the game.

But you are not so right (note i didn't say you are fully wrong either) about the monolith 1 hit killing us, never been like that to me (tank build here anyways) only a direct hit from the napalm bombs usually 1 hit killed any of my characters. So, if people use anything but a high capacity rhino and damage reduction perks for a final boss fight, yess, they should die in one hit, it is just how it should ever be. But the other day i got one hitted several times with my little sexy tank and that's when things went out of scale. I mean, i know the only way to withstand more damage than what my character already can would be to be higher EGO (almost 5400 atm) but then again, it wouldn't make sense and it would throw to the ground those people saying that everything is the same after ego 5000 (proving me right that every level counts specialy after 5000)

But it will be fixed soon ;)

The firebomb is the only thing I remember really getting hit by. Maybe you guys are standing too close. ;)

And fixed soon? I can't just assume this will be so. It was supposedly fixed before Christmas, but wasn't. And with other supposedly non-related updates it seems to have inexplicably changed further. This is the only game I've ever played where I feel I have to actually MAKE SURE that each thing is working the way its supposed to be. I can't just expect it to be so.

Ryker Vorton
01-25-2015, 10:31 AM
The firebomb is the only thing I remember really getting hit by. Maybe you guys are standing too close. ;)

And fixed soon? I can't just assume this will be so. It was supposedly fixed before Christmas, but wasn't. And with other supposedly non-related updates it seems to have inexplicably changed further. This is the only game I've ever played where I feel I have to actually MAKE SURE that each thing is working the way its supposed to be. I can't just expect it to be so.

The other attack that can one hit kill pretty much everyone are the missiles which can hit you even if you are out of the red circle (specially when you are hurting it with a sniper rifle... ouch! ouch!)

Was fighting the monolith on the PTS yesterday and it went pretty smoothly :)

Hmmm.... have you tried diablo 3 or neverwinter? Ninja nerfs there are the order of the day, Defiance is a hundred times better in that matter, which is one of the main reasons because i'm glad to be here :D

Graywolfe
01-25-2015, 10:43 AM
Well i don't know what is going on but so far everything i have fought against for the last couple of days has not seemed any harder really, but I have not ran across a monolith yet. There have been a few enemies that seem to take a little longer to put down from time to time but that was very uncommon. Things need to go up in difficulty more because right now they only thing that is really a challenge in the game are some of the hotshots and rampages. I hear about it all the time in game on the chat too that there isn't really any challenges in this game. So from what i have seen the majority of people find the game to easy and want a proper scaling of threats.

I liked a previous MMO i played that had enemies set based on your level. The color of the name would tell you how hard they were and based on that what kind of reward you would get. If you went to far ahead the names were black which meant instance death if you challenged them, red suicidal, yellow was hard, green right at your level, white was below your level and you didn't get anything for fighting them. This encouraged people to go slow and build up before moving on and in the case of this game i would mean people not moving south into new areas until they are strong enough. I also don't think events like expert co-ops should even allow people that have not progressed far enough into the game to go into them. They are set for 5k players for a reason. Then the rewards for the expert events could be higher, epic or up with maybe even some named weapon drops. Anyway that is just my opinion on the matter.

brokenshield
01-25-2015, 11:39 AM
Definately agree with the moving south part. I have grown so tired of sub 500's bunny hopping all over SV.

Graywolfe
01-25-2015, 12:31 PM
I know it can be annoying, course i got around a lot when i first started too. I quickly realized that i probably should not be there yet and ran back to mt tam to level up some more :). It does not help that the contracts start at ego 175 and many of them require you to go to SV or SF to complete. I think they really ought to consider making the contracts starting at 1k.

Fallen_Aingeal
01-25-2015, 01:28 PM
I know it can be annoying, course i got around a lot when i first started too. I quickly realized that i probably should not be there yet and ran back to mt tam to level up some more :). It does not help that the contracts start at ego 175 and many of them require you to go to SV or SF to complete. I think they really ought to consider making the contracts starting at 1k.Or having separate contracts for different lvl's.

Ex:

EGO 1-999
Keep contracts on the main island. There is plenty of difficulty for lower level players on the main island, especially if higher lvl folks are around.

EGO 1000-3999
Add contracts that include SF.

EGO 4k-Cap
Add more difficult contracts around the entire map.

Leave SV alone. The contracts involved there are designed for multi-player.

More contracts are definitely needed. Especially for the capped or near capped players. Re-integrate the old style contracts. Add new ones. The game is growing stagnate for long term players, as we've done the same contracts soooo many times.

There are so many different areas of the map that used to be utelized with contracts. I miss that!

Graywolfe
01-25-2015, 03:47 PM
That would work too, it would cut back on the number of low level players farther south and add more things for everyone to do. Course they will never stop people just starting out from going down there without taking more drastic actions which they will never do, it might offend someone you know.

Jet1337
01-26-2015, 01:04 AM

It's obvious with your comment that you're not a vet. There's nothing fun about this game, having done every pursuit. Arkfalls are very boring. Kill, kill, kill...no tactics. Then again, it's never fun being at the top of the food chain with no challenges, atm. I don't give a damn whether anyone misses me or not. That's just stupid.

Niner82
01-26-2015, 09:00 AM
It's obvious with your comment that you're not a vet. There's nothing fun about this game, having done every pursuit. Arkfalls are very boring. Kill, kill, kill...no tactics. Then again, it's never fun being at the top of the food chain with no challenges, atm. I don't give a damn whether anyone misses me or not. That's just stupid.
Some people are just on here to criticize and that's all, even if they are vets. Nothing new on these forums. The enemies are BS on here. It's one thing to make it harder but when they can't be killed at all, it's annoying and frustrating.

Tura Satana
01-26-2015, 09:35 AM

Cut the "vet" crap. My ego is 5600. Killing the Monolith doesn't give me a damn thing either. I got most all the weapons I could want. Dont you? I don't have many pursuits left to do. And they are mostly all the season missions I haven't done yet. Therefore..

I still fight the monolith cuz its fun to me. Same with everything else, cuz its all there's left to do once you've maxed everything out. Is have fun. You say you aren't, yet you said you'd be back when they make the enemies weak again lol. So that will make it fun for you? Get on to play a major battle thats over in a minute? Then what? Go find something else to sleepwalk through for a minute? Why even bother? Cuz seriously. The rewards are always **** unless its an event. And then still there's endless complaining. So play for fun or don't play anymore at all. Know when to hang it up. Cuz the negative attitudes of those who feel they are owed something more just bog the rest of us down.

Cirran
01-26-2015, 02:20 PM
That would work too, it would cut back on the number of low level players farther south and add more things for everyone to do. Course they will never stop people just starting out from going down there without taking more drastic actions which they will never do, it might offend someone you know.

You know with this mentality we should restrict 2000 plus to San fran and 3000 plus to silicon valley. LOL, would cut out the high levels ratcheting up the content on the low levels.....

Cirran

Niner82
01-26-2015, 02:26 PM
Here is an idea. How bought helping low levels get to higher levels? Oh wait let's not and degrade them. What a joke. It's an open world, deal with it. I'm over 4200 ego and help low levels all the time.

Chris Robet
01-26-2015, 02:43 PM
Getting rid of the monolith was one of the stupidest things that has happened in the game. It allowed people easy access to places that should most definitely not be in that place. Take the warmaster for example. It wold be alot more successful if people who weren't below ego 1,000 weren't there which in turn would allow more wins thus bringing back vets to the warmaster making the warmaster a killable enemy again. This can also be applied with any type of arkfall or even the incursions and sieges not making it past stage five in San Fran because the vets get bored with all the low level spamming BMG's and crimefighters and go to do other things.

TheStigsCousin
01-26-2015, 03:04 PM
I think the main problem with the low ego (new players) is the majority of them have no clue how to play the game at all. I see it all the time in zone chat. So many of them asking questions for things that should be obvious. For instance, I've seen new players asking where to get vehicles because it takes too long to get anywhere on foot! They're not just asking where to buy cars because they want the cars they see other players driving. A lot of them haven't even completed the first mission where you get the growler atv. Also a lot of them don't even know about the main story missions, or how to get from point a to point b. I've even seen new players asking where the erep camp is.
It's things like these that I think are the root of the problem. Most don't understand the basic mechanics of the game, so it makes incursions, sieges, arkfalls and the like harder. As far as the warmaster goes, I think a lot of them don't know you're supposed to beat him.
I've helped a lot of new players out. I'll help them if they aren't begging for things or for someone to complete missions, or wanting scrip. I'll explain things to them or tell them to go to defiancedata.com or here to the forums for help and for answers. I only started playing last November and had a few higher ego players help me a few times when I first started. Defiancedata and these forums have been a huge help for me. So it's the least I can do to help some of the new players understand how the game works. The more educated about the game they are, the better it is for all of us.

Niner82
01-26-2015, 03:06 PM
Without new players, this game wouldn't survive, hence why it's free to play now. Exactly, educate them, don't treat them as outcasts.

Brido_hecatombe
01-26-2015, 04:05 PM
Bosses seem to be dropping just as quick for me tbh, seems like it could just be too many low ego's with maybe damage numbers turned off and shooting random parts of bosses ?!? >_<

[edit] and I'm a newish ftp player, none educated me, none helped with how to kill certain things. I done what all normal Gamers do and checked youtube for tactics!!!!

Console gamers are mostly too dumb or cba doing research into boss fights as they don't know any better and just sit back and hope everyone else will make the kill for them :eek:

brokenshield
01-26-2015, 04:24 PM
Bosses seem to be dropping just as quick for me tbh, seems like it could just be too many low ego's with maybe damage numbers turned off and shooting random parts of bosses ?!? >_<

[edit] and I'm a newish ftp player, none educated me, none helped with how to kill certain things. I done what all normal Gamers do and checked youtube for tactics!!!!

Console gamers are mostly too dumb or cba doing research into boss fights as they don't know any better and just sit back and hope everyone else will make the kill for them :eek:

That's a pretty large brush you're painting us with.

Chris Robet
01-26-2015, 04:27 PM

But he has a real point, don't deny it.

Niner82
01-26-2015, 04:28 PM

Those comments are dumb. Nobody I see ever sits back and let's others kill things for them. Exactly what I was talking about. Some of you Vets are good people, but others I can't say the same for. Rude comments just prove my point even more. I been gaming since I was a kid, nobody educated me either. So saying most console gamers are dumb, that is A little derogatory don't you think. Rude people make this game dumb.

Brido_hecatombe
01-26-2015, 04:35 PM

Not saying all console gamers are bad m8, just stating the majority are and have no clue ;)

PC gamers are way more mature, experienced, skilled, tactically better and will do some research on boss fights etc. :p

brokenshield
01-26-2015, 04:39 PM
Played my fair share of games in the past on pc. Can't say I see a huge difference. People are people.

Jet1337
01-26-2015, 04:41 PM
you said you'd be back when they make the enemies weak again lol.

I said I'd be back on the next update. Making NPCs into gummy bears won't make the game any fun for me.

Brido_hecatombe
01-26-2015, 04:43 PM
Those comments are dumb. Nobody I see ever sits back and let's others kill things for them. Exactly what I was talking about. Some of you Vets are good people, but others I can't say the same for. Rude comments just prove my point even more. I been gaming since I was a kid, nobody educated me either. So saying most console gamers are dumb, that is A little derogatory don't you think. Rude people make this game dumb.

I aint being rude m8, I'm a fairly new player myself to Defiance and educated myself. Play on ps3 and had xbox before that so I CAN tell you straight up that most players on console are dumb. I'm also very helpful to new players/clan m8's that need it tbh :D

And you telling me you never run a major and just see players standing there whole time doing nothing?!? I see them all the time and although it doesn't bother me, it still happens lol. It's the exact same as weekly's where you doing one and someone pops up, shoots one enemy, raises threat and then just stands there or leaves.......

Brido_hecatombe
01-26-2015, 04:48 PM
Played my fair share of games in the past on pc. Can't say I see a huge difference. People are people.

Most PC gamers are adults, most console gamers are kids, adults understand tactics etc. not having a dig at adult console gamers :O just the kids ^_^

brokenshield
01-26-2015, 05:16 PM
Fair enough. I'll leave it be.:D

Fallen_Aingeal
01-26-2015, 07:37 PM
Finally came across one of the invincible monoliths this afternoon. Over 30 ppl there and motivators were taking forever to break. The entire failed arkfall, the monolith only revealed tachmag twice. Rather frustrating.

Believe me, I enjoy a challenge. When the event is borked, as this one was, it's pretty obvious.

As far as the maturity of console vs. pc, I only have 1 comment to make. I'm a mature player on PS3. I have met several mature players. Granted, consoles do garner to the "kids" more than pc's do, it's wrong to class the entire player base into a simplified group.

Having been a member of this forum for over a year and a 1/2, I have definitely seen my share of "immature" pc players. Games are games. And, online games, on any platform are going to have their share of "bad apples".

otonagamer
01-26-2015, 09:49 PM
I think the main problem with the low ego (new players) is the majority of them have no clue how to play the game at all. I see it all the time in zone chat. So many of them asking questions for things that should be obvious. For instance, I've seen new players asking where to get vehicles because it takes too long to get anywhere on foot! They're not just asking where to buy cars because they want the cars they see other players driving. A lot of them haven't even completed the first mission where you get the growler atv. Also a lot of them don't even know about the main story missions, or how to get from point a to point b. I've even seen new players asking where the erep camp is.
It's things like these that I think are the root of the problem. Most don't understand the basic mechanics of the game, so it makes incursions, sieges, arkfalls and the like harder. As far as the warmaster goes, I think a lot of them don't know you're supposed to beat him.
I've helped a lot of new players out. I'll help them if they aren't begging for things or for someone to complete missions, or wanting scrip. I'll explain things to them or tell them to go to defiancedata.com or here to the forums for help and for answers. I only started playing last November and had a few higher ego players help me a few times when I first started. Defiancedata and these forums have been a huge help for me. So it's the least I can do to help some of the new players understand how the game works. The more educated about the game they are, the better it is for all of us.

I think a part of the reason is that now it's really hard to track main mission icon on the map because it's clustered with lots of additional season missions. Trion should change the color or shape of main story mission icon more distinguishable.

otonagamer
01-26-2015, 10:00 PM
Today I've experienced perfect Monolith on Xbox NA. There were around 30 ppl. We were close but failed. Though it was tons of fun. I think it was beatable if we had used right strategy. Fair to say now it's a bit harder than what it was when it first came because napalm bomb one hit you.

BTW, on another occasion, I beat Monolith quite easily. Scaling glitch is definitely present.

Chris Robet
01-26-2015, 10:07 PM
Today I've experienced perfect Monolith on Xbox NA. There were around 30 ppl. We were close but failed. Though it was tons of fun. I think it was beatable if we had used right strategy. Fair to say now it's a bit harder than what it was when it first came because napalm bomb one hit you.

BTW, on another occasion, I beat Monolith quite easily. Scaling glitch is definitely present.

Beatable? Right strategy? Sounds like another boss I know. *Cough cough* warmaster *Cough cough* :D

BC001
01-27-2015, 03:29 AM
Yesterday I also was involved in the first failed DM major I have seen in months. Normally the Monolith's missiles are an annoyance and throw people around more than kill, but this one was just the opposite and I got downed every time but one when they hit nearby. They seemed almost as deadly as the main gun.

I ended up sniping from long range both to avoid the missiles and the fact it seemed to move its landing spot around more than usual so it landed on the far side more often than not (and once right on top of me). Several times it took off before the motivators were destroyed so running instead of shooting seemed counterproductive anyway.

Tura Satana
01-27-2015, 06:30 AM

Yeah, it must be different each time then. About 20 of us beat it a few hours ago with 12 minutes to spare. Felt pretty much like it used to (before thanksgiving).