PDA

View Full Version : Kicking co'op

Chris Robet
01-20-2015, 04:45 PM
I saw in a post (not sure if it's true or not) that now you can kick people completely from a match when they you select the kick option now I am going to take a relatively neutral position and will see the pros and cons of the decision but first an explanation on how the matchmaking system works. Feel free to add your own pros cons and other comments)

Simply put the first person to start up matchmaking in a co'op is the leader unless he leaves matchmaking and rejoins after someone else has joined. But this gets a little but more complicated now. When someone in a group starts matchmaking the leader of that group will be the leader. When two groups of two enter matchmaking the leader of the first group to enter is the leader. When the leader of a group leaves without promoting someone it will (because we love random in this game) go to a random group member. A group leader cannot be kicked from the match. When a match is open all players will be redirected to an open match if it meets the players desired match settings. Keep this in mind as it will be mentioned later.

The pros of this system.
1) When someone is AFKing to earn double cores on a map it will now be possible to kick them for doing no work.

2) When someone is spamming with a BMG/Crimefighter it will now be possible to kick them. (This is huge on console but not as bad on PC from what I've heard)

3) If you are in a warmaster with a lockshooter and they accept an invite from you they are now kickable from the match. Edit: Tried by a trusted source and it does not work.

The cons (a bit more detailed but I still say I am neutral but this topic)

1) If a person uses one of the ways I mentioned above to become a group leader they will have be able to hold the other group members "hostage" forcing them to pay scrip or guns or they will kick everyone because they themselves can't be kicked and the person would just get put right back in the same co'op if they tried to enter the match again.

2) A troller could completely halt the match by kicking people the moment they joined making it so a contract is impossible to complete if you PUG a match like most people do.

3) Co'ops may start being controlled by clans that force others to join it so or they will just kick you everytime you join.

Thanks for reading this as I said above leave your own pro or con or random comment.

Wilhelm Keitel
01-20-2015, 09:55 PM
I find your paranoia entertaining.....

crazyged
01-21-2015, 12:42 AM
I find your paranoia entertaining.....

No paranoia there - gamers have a high percentage off @ssholes.

It's the nature of the beast...

Wilhelm Keitel
01-21-2015, 02:46 AM
No paranoia there - gamers have a high percentage off @ssholes.

It's the nature of the beast...

That was clear paranoia thinking people are going to start mad kicking demanding you join their clan or just for the Jek of it.
I have ran probably 25 random coops since the patch not a single issue. Actually people seem more well behaved knowing a kick actually means something and actually works now.

Paranoia is always expecting the worse when usually the opposite occurs.

Soundtrack26
01-21-2015, 02:53 AM
That was clear paranoia thinking people are going to start mad kicking demanding you join their clan or just for the Jek of it.
I have ran probably 25 random coops since the patch not a single issue. Actually people seem more well behaved knowing a kick actually means something and actually works now.

...well said.

brokenshield
01-21-2015, 04:17 AM

Actually that is pessimism.

Would also add that just because you're paranoid it doesn't mean you aren't being followed.:p

crazyged
01-21-2015, 04:20 AM
Actually that is pessimism.

Would also add that just because you're paranoid it doesn't mean you aren't being followed.:p

Luckily, I'm not paranoid - my tin foil hat protects me! :D

brokenshield
01-21-2015, 04:26 AM

My philosophy is, it ain't crazy if it works. ;)

Chris Robet
01-22-2015, 06:51 AM
I was not attempting to sound paranoid in this (however rereading upon this I do sound a bit crazy) I simply wanted to list things that people may do to take advantage of this new patch.

Oktharr
01-22-2015, 06:54 AM
1) If a person uses one of the ways I mentioned above to become a group leader they will have be able to hold the other group members "hostage" forcing them to pay scrip or guns or they will kick everyone because they themselves can't be kicked and the person would just get put right back in the same co'op if they tried to enter the match again.

3) Co'ops may start being controlled by clans that force others to join it so or they will just kick you everytime you join.

This is absolutely ridiculous. You retain all of your EXP when you leave the match (I'm sure it's the same when you're kicked) so you can just dip out when/if you need to. All your pursuits will also stay.

Chris Robet
01-22-2015, 06:59 AM
This is absolutely ridiculous. You retain all of your EXP when you leave the match (I'm sure it's the same when you're kicked) so you can just dip out when/if you need to. All your pursuits will also stay.
If you leave a co'op there is no guarantee you will get back in before someone takes your spot.

Wilhelm Keitel
01-22-2015, 07:07 AM

I heard the government is going to ban the manufacture of tin foil.....
they really want to be able to listen in on that bug they planted in your head..... :)

Lady_AmberGreen
01-23-2015, 02:20 AM
I'll try to do what your paranoia is suggesting and see if it works, Kicking player if they don't join my clan, kick players if they don't pay scrips or gun or just kick them because I just want to.