PDA

View Full Version : I ain't even mad.

VoodooJack
04-04-2013, 03:09 PM
You know I've seen a lot of people on here *****ing, whining and crying about how they wasted their money on this game? Yeah I have to totally disagree, for one yes the servers are a bit laggy but what can you expect? this is the first time that Trion has ported a game onto multiple platforms so yes there will be a few bumps in the road. Secondly I've seen posts about how people want free rewards for not being able to log onto the game? I've got to say that's just plain spoiled, you can't expect to get something everytime you can't log on as your character. And finally my opinion of this game. Despite all of the server issues and other bugs I think this is one of the best games that I've played to date. Trion if you're listening ignore all of those angry fans out there and just keep on doing what you're doing, this game is going to be hard to get running smoothly but you all did it with Rift. Thanks for an amazing game!

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
04-04-2013, 03:13 PM
Much agreed.

Lion_Turtyle
04-04-2013, 03:18 PM
Your kind aren't welcome here. How dare you bring logic and levelheaded discussion to this forum.

Unsent Soul
04-04-2013, 03:18 PM
I think the game is incredibly fun. I rented it on launch day, suffered through the install and patching and played a bit that night. Sure there are going to be problems but ****, go outside, smoke a cig, grab a beer... It's not the end of the ****ing world.

This day in age people are too god damned entitled and should be shot.

Tl:dr game is good and only gonna get better!

VoodooJack
04-04-2013, 03:21 PM
I think the game is incredibly fun. I rented it on launch day, suffered through the install and patching and played a bit that night. Sure there are going to be problems but ****, go outside, smoke a cig, grab a beer... It's not the end of the ****ing world.

Well said my friend.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
04-04-2013, 03:23 PM
Your kind aren't welcome here. How dare you bring logic and levelheaded discussion to this forum.

xD You tell him!

AllForNothing
04-04-2013, 03:30 PM
Well consider this next time you buy a car. I'm sure if you paid X amount of money yet the engine doesn't work I'm sure you wouldn't be a happy camper. Most of the people who come on a forum to express their opinion do it in a childish manner. For me I'm just dissapointed with unpreparedness. I think if Xbox had more betas some issues may have been dealt with to offer a cleaner launch. Server stability cant really be helped. But it the end it all falls in the companies laps hard. Success or failure is not dependant on them yet the general consensus of US the user. If enough people deem this game unfit for them they leave and take their experience with them. In turn communicating to others their opinions. So some feel they should be compensated for the wait. In my opinion it really doesn't matter how Trion handles the bad or good taste left in the consumers mouth

Unsent Soul
04-04-2013, 03:35 PM
Well consider this next time you buy a car. I'm sure if you paid X amount of money yet the engine doesn't work I'm sure you wouldn't be a happy camper. Most of the people who come on a forum to express their opinion do it in a childish manner. For me I'm just dissapointed with unpreparedness. I think if Xbox had more betas some issues may have been dealt with to offer a cleaner launch. Server stability cant really be helped. But it the end it all falls in the companies laps hard. Success or failure is not dependant on them yet the general consensus of US the user. If enough people deem this game unfit for them they leave and take their experience with them. In turn communicating to others their opinions. So some feel they should be compensated for the wait. In my opinion it really doesn't matter how Trion handles the bad or good taste left in the consumers mouth

Who the hell buys a car w/o an engine? Stupid comparison is stupid...

TheMagicYeti
04-04-2013, 03:42 PM
Hate people who say "You wouldn't be happy if you bought an unfinished house." Thing is you can live without a game, so comparing it to something like a house or car is just stupid.

AllForNothing
04-04-2013, 03:42 PM
Who the hell buys a car w/o an engine? Stupid comparison is stupid...

Engine is there, but it doesn't work. Stimulate your brain cells and actually pay attention to the words that you are reading. That might help you better understand said scenario.

Mok
04-04-2013, 03:48 PM

Give this guy a medal!

Duncan laighleis
I agree with most of your post. As for people wanting some form of compensation for not being able to play, I dont think this alone makes them spoiled. Many people bought higher valued games to get benefits that are time sensitive. If they are unable to use those then they have paid for nothing. Those people should get what they are out. Easiest way to do this is simply make it available to all players if they had the problem or not. Many Mmos have taking this route without being out anything(give everyone a week of extra exp or script) As for anything else it would simply be good pr. If we were paying a subscription fee I could see wanting more for downtime

Unsent Soul
Engine is there, but it doesn't work. Stimulate your brain cells and actually pay attention to the words that you are reading. That might help you better understand said scenario.

Oh snap... Burn!!! You got me there, don't be a dumbass and compare a 60 dollar game to a several thousand dollar car... Stimulate your brain cells by not being a forum ******.

Kingbudman
04-04-2013, 03:55 PM
I agree with most of your post. As for people wanting some form of compensation for not being able to play, I dont think this alone makes them spoiled. Many people bought higher valued games to get benefits that are time sensitive. If they are unable to use those then they have paid for nothing. Those people should get what they are out. Easiest way to do this is simply make it available to all players if they had the problem or not. Many Mmos have taking this route without being out anything(give everyone a week of extra exp or script) As for anything else it would simply be good pr. If we were paying a subscription fee I could see wanting more for downtime

This, I wouldn't be mad but Trion somehow knew I pre-ordered and upon leaving the starting area I had all the pre-order stuff and my xp/scrip timers were already counting down. I knew there would be problems in the first week so I did not plan on redeeming my codes until after the fist week, but seeing how I didn't get a choice and my timers are counting down while we speak I do think Trion should at least, once it gets fixed, add up all server down time and add that much time to those who had the boosts running.

AllForNothing
04-04-2013, 03:56 PM
Obviously you don't understand general human psychology. It doesn't matter about the physical value of an item its the emotional value that we place on it. And please if you wish to argue with me at least be respectful to others and clean up your language.

GeneralVaan
04-04-2013, 03:57 PM
i whole heartily agree, the game is great so far. oh i have had a few hikups and there have been a few things that ned fixing but all in all not bad. the fixes have been quick as well so thanks to to you folks at Trion for atualy paying attention to bug reports. so many ompanies ignor them for the most part spitting out games just to have them not ready then charginf for the fixes (EA for one). no i omend this game and its developers.

server is down as i post this for maintene and bug fixes. i see it as the a signe that they are atualy doing something.

as for the complainers and whiners outhere. well some folks just can never be pleased or wont everything to perfect all the time. don't play many MMos but the ones i have have constently had teething isues and even after a few years of being up still have problems that gneed fixing.

only thing that realy irked me was i didn't notice the face paint and hair style options on the cerecter creation but then thats my favorite part of many games. oh and could use more of the Votan races as playables.

GeneralVaan

Shepard Commander
04-04-2013, 03:58 PM

Why would you buy a car with a messed up motor? That's your fault for not having a mechanic look at it before you bought it lol!!

But I like this gam e its fun a ln addicting as heck sure is a lot of fun!!

Ae86
04-04-2013, 04:01 PM
Why would you buy a car with a messed up motor? That's your fault for not having a mechanic look at it before you bought it lol!!

Actually there are plenty of reasons to buy a car with a messed up motor. I myself would buy a 88 Ford mustang with a blown 5.0 cause I have a 88 Thunderbird with the 5.0 sitting in it.

but people buy cars for plenty of reasons. I met a guy just last night who bought a 87 Honda civic SI hatchback for $300 from some chick. You wouldn't believe that the car had been sitting in a field with dogs living in it by how the car looks now it's showroom.

Ainrehtea
04-04-2013, 04:02 PM
I'm glad there are people on this forum that actually understand a games launch is almost never perfect. Can't wait til I grab my copy sometime next week. :D

geigaman
04-04-2013, 04:02 PM
Obviously you don't understand general human psychology. It doesn't matter about the physical value of an item its the emotional value that we place on it. And please if you wish to argue with me at least be respectful to others and clean up your language.

Your psychology is flawed. You're comparing a finished project (car) to an unfinished project (any MMO). MMOs are ever changing and evolving/growing. A car you buy is finished, unless you manually decide to upgrade. Psychology 101, keep calm bro

Kingbudman
04-04-2013, 04:06 PM

So your telling me that you were able to test the release version of this game before you bought it? Instead of like the rest of us who were told all the problems from beta was an old build and was not a problem in the release.

I understand the point he is trying to make, but you obviously don't.

Do I agree, somewhat. but I have played a mmo before at launch so I knew it was to be expected. But some have never played a mmo before.

L3ktr1kgrl79
04-04-2013, 04:06 PM
Cars have bugs after "launch". It's called a "recall". Or are you even old enough to own a car? Houses are built all the time with "glitches". Ever watch "Holmes on Homes"? Good grief, what dimension do you people live in cause I want to move there.

Shepard Commander
04-04-2013, 04:07 PM
Actually there are plenty of reasons to buy a car with a messed up motor. I myself would buy a 88 Ford mustang with a blown 5.0 cause I have a 88 Thunderbird with the 5.0 sitting in it.

but people buy cars for plenty of reasons. I met a guy just last night who bought a 87 Honda civic SI hatchback for $300 from some chick. You wouldn't believe that the car had been sitting in a field with dogs living in it by how the car looks now it's showroom.

Lol yea I buy project cars, but that's not how he's trying to come across.

Shepard Commander
04-04-2013, 04:10 PM
So your telling me that you were able to test the release version of this game before you bought it? Instead of like the rest of us who were told all the problems from beta was an old build and was not a problem in the release.

I understand the point he is trying to make, but you obviously don't.

Lol so comparing a car that you can test drive to a video game that you can't is the same thing, I understand stand his point I was just making a joke

Sir Green Day
04-04-2013, 04:11 PM
You know I've seen a lot of people on here *****ing, whining and crying about how they wasted their money on this game? Yeah I have to totally disagree, for one yes the servers are a bit laggy but what can you expect? this is the first time that Trion has ported a game onto multiple platforms so yes there will be a few bumps in the road. Secondly I've seen posts about how people want free rewards for not being able to log onto the game? I've got to say that's just plain spoiled, you can't expect to get something everytime you can't log on as your character. And finally my opinion of this game. Despite all of the server issues and other bugs I think this is one of the best games that I've played to date. Trion if you're listening ignore all of those angry fans out there and just keep on doing what you're doing, this game is going to be hard to get running smoothly but you all did it with Rift. Thanks for an amazing game!

This game IS NOT a port. It was built from the beginning for all 3 platforms. That's what was supposed to make this game different. Its the first game that was designed from the ground up for all 3 platforms and integrated unto a TV series. A port is when a game is made for the PC and then later modified to be released on console. So your fanboy "port" excuse is not going to fly. NOTHING they've done has solved the lag issues. Participating in an Arkfalls brings the game to a screeching halt or slowdown. Its inexcusable.

Ae86
04-04-2013, 04:12 PM
Lol yea I buy project cars, but that's not how he's trying to come across.

It's the same concept. You buy a project car that has say a leaking transmission, Blown heads,Beyond gone spark plugs and a rear end that is bout to drop out. BUT you see the potential in the car. you don't just give up. You work on that car until it is running the way you want it to. Same with MMO's. Trion could have said " **** you guys. We're shutting down the god damn servers so go **** yourselves. " but no instead they like me and other players see the potential the game has and Trion is sticking with it.

Jakeyy
04-04-2013, 04:14 PM

When its all said and done, kids should have looked into New MMO's being launched before scrapping together the money to purchase the game. There is no monthly charge, and not one MMO has yet to be released without issues right from the get go. The only fault here is the people who buy it without looking into these things before hand. At least Trion is trying, unlike The developers of Swtor who let the game go to ****. Not that I'm saying your one of the ignorant people who complain, this was just in reply to part of your comment.

ZIPHER
04-04-2013, 04:15 PM
NOT MAD NOW either .

DANIMAL1018
04-04-2013, 04:16 PM
let them return it bunch of dumb *** cod fans the game will be FUNNER without them

Stodds13
04-04-2013, 04:17 PM

Agreed...with I could like your post like facebook, lol...this game is very good and I'm hooked on it...everyone who knows anything about launches of MMO's knows there are always bumps to get by when the game first launches...it's only going to get better.

VoodooJack
04-04-2013, 06:16 PM
Everyone also keeps saying on threads that Cod is better and blah blah blah. I'd love to see the look on their face when they find out that when they made most of the games they had to scrap some servers because they couldn't run the game. NO GAME IS PERFECT! If you don't like Defiance then that's your opinion but don't start ripping on the servers when games like COD had to scrap servers, at least Trion make the effort to fix all of their issues and so far they're damn good at it.