PDA

View Full Version : A question to Trion

WhiteStrike
01-25-2015, 10:01 AM
So,Trion,are you thinking of turning Charge Blades into a normal weapon with a skill level,weapon rolls,weapon mastery,more mods and perhaps a parrying system?Right now,they are as useful as a water gun at TL 10.

PS:Why are the Charge Blade's moves so binding?In real life you can move while slashing and still maintain force.

Oktharr
01-25-2015, 10:46 AM
A parry system please no. Don't over complicate things.

Freedom of movement sounds nice. The lock on is also somewhat nice. Maybe give the thing two attacks. We have two triggers on the controllers.

Dixie Cougar
01-25-2015, 11:45 AM
In real life swords are useless in a gunfight.

Major Crapshot
01-25-2015, 11:45 AM
A parry system please no. Don't over complicate things.

Freedom of movement sounds nice. The lock on is also somewhat nice. Maybe give the thing two attacks. We have two triggers on the controllers.

Per Defiance Data (http://www.defiancedata.com/weapon.php?id=193), the Charge Blades have three attacks.

RNGesus recently smiled upon me and granted me one from a lockbox. I have used the first two attacks but haven't used the jump one yet. Since there is no skill level for it, I really haven't been using it. I mean Defiance is a shooter after all. :D

But, if there were a skill level system for it like the other weapons, then I would use it more.

When I do goof around with it, I like to use it with my Northstar Flare and pretend I'm a pirate.

Yarr. Avast ye Afllicted! Prepare to meet yer maker, you scurvy dogs. Ya-harr. ;)

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=HN.608042858451763500&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

brokenshield
01-25-2015, 11:56 AM
Per Defiance Data (http://www.defiancedata.com/weapon.php?id=193), the Charge Blades have three attacks.

RNGesus recently smiled upon me and granted me one from a lockbox. I have used the first two attacks but haven't used the jump one yet. Since there is no skill level for it, I really haven't been using it. I mean Defiance is a shooter after all. :D

But, if there were a skill level system for it like the other weapons, then I would use it more.

When I do goof around with it, I like to use it with my Northstar Flare and pretend I'm a pirate.

Yarr. Avast ye Afllicted! Prepare to meet yer maker, you scurvy dogs. Ya-harr. ;)

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=HN.608042858451763500&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

I aquired one very, very early in the game, but as I didn't have the DLC, I quickly grew tired of lugging it around. I haven't come across one since and have only found one practical use for them. Digging out the enemies that have learned to hide inside of rocks.

And a big thank you Major, for once I do find another one, I will now have this image of me in my head. lol

Fallen_Aingeal
01-25-2015, 12:24 PM
At one time, Trick mentioned that he would like to add a skill set to the blades. This was shortly after DLC 1 dropped. He also mentioned that it wasn't considered a "priority". Then he answered a question about a corgi....

*Edited*

Mister Derpenhowser
01-25-2015, 12:29 PM
PRIORITY! Coming to a platfrom near you April 1st 2020..

badbat111
01-25-2015, 12:33 PM
In real life swords are useless in a gunfight.

never take a gun to a knife fight >.< in movies theres been samuries vs gunners and the samuries win a blade can block bullets more like redirect them when they hit the blade if the blade is strong enough

Graywolfe
01-25-2015, 12:46 PM
never take a gun to a knife fight >.< in movies theres been samuries vs gunners and the samuries win a blade can block bullets more like redirect them when they hit the blade if the blade is strong enough

Yeah but not everyone can be Deadpool :).

badbat111
01-25-2015, 12:49 PM
Yeah but not everyone can be Deadpool :).

i dont know on godfather 2 game i always melee unless im heavely pinned down by the cowards who hide with guns then i go in guns blazing then finnish the final ones off with melee

SirServed
01-25-2015, 12:59 PM
i dont know on godfather 2 game i always melee unless im heavely pinned down by the cowards who hide with guns then i go in guns blazing then finnish the final ones off with melee
Welcome to Defiance, where everyone has a gun and won't hide if you show up with a Sword.

badbat111
01-25-2015, 01:05 PM
Welcome to Defiance, where everyone has a gun and won't hide if you show up with a Sword.

wrong dark matter always runs like girls for cover screaming im exposed moving to cover when they do that i hide behind a box wait until they come close then jump up to make them $hit themselfs to run peek a boo i smell you XD

SirServed
01-25-2015, 01:13 PM
wrong dark matter always runs like girls for cover screaming im exposed moving to cover when they do that i hide behind a box wait until they come close then jump up to make them $hit themselfs to run peek a boo i smell you XD
Too bad I was talking about other players. AI units are programmed to do the things they do, don't forget that the next time you get downed.

badbat111
01-25-2015, 01:21 PM
Too bad I was talking about other players. AI units are programmed to do the things they do, don't forget that the next time you get downed.

they always kill me thats the fun of it taking on a large number of bots just to get creamed trying to beat them

Symbiosis2099
01-25-2015, 07:31 PM

In reality, the gun wins, every time. Maybe the super samurai gets lucky and knocks one bullet out of the air, what about the other bullets? No one's the fast or precise...

However, being that defiance is a video game, and not reality, I'm very glad people can't deflect bullets with charge blades, it's silly and sounds excessively overpowered.

On the original topic, being able to level up a charge blade skill would be pretty awesome.

Mister Derpenhowser
01-25-2015, 09:13 PM
Nano mods would be nice

WhiteStrike
01-26-2015, 08:27 AM
In reality, the gun wins, every time. Maybe the super samurai gets lucky and knocks one bullet out of the air, what about the other bullets? No one's the fast or precise...

However, being that defiance is a video game, and not reality, I'm very glad people can't deflect bullets with charge blades, it's silly and sounds excessively overpowered.

On the original topic, being able to level up a charge blade skill would be pretty awesome.
I don't mean parrying bullets,that would be stupid.I mean parrying other swords and melee attacks.It would make swords exciting instead of the current R1 spamming in duels and PVP.Maybe make it deflect non-impact grenades,that way the Submortar and Lobbers would get some love.Also,the weapon needs rolls like the usual damage roll,attack speed rolls,attack angle rolls,range increase,movement speed rolls,attack angle rolls,jump radius rolls...Also,more mods would be enjoyable.After all,we all payed for these wepons so atleast they should be treated like a normal weapon,not a toy.

MagnusRune Daltus
01-26-2015, 01:21 PM
if you have a good sword, and the right perk set, you can be very good.

the reason a sword is useless at lvl10 is that they deal so much damage to you, your shield cant stop em.

i also say a sword can go toe-to-toe with guns, i went 19-2 in PvP last night, all sword kills. the 2 kills were 2 the same person using cloak and a sawn off...

WhiteStrike
01-26-2015, 02:07 PM
if you have a good sword, and the right perk set, you can be very good.

the reason a sword is useless at lvl10 is that they deal so much damage to you, your shield cant stop em.

i also say a sword can go toe-to-toe with guns, i went 19-2 in PvP last night, all sword kills. the 2 kills were 2 the same person using cloak and a sawn off...
That's not what I'm suggesting,I'm suggesting an advanced sword combat,with weapon rolls and the other features that a normal weapon has.But unless Trion adds more ways to obtain swords I don't see swords getting rolls in the near future.
PS:Sword mastery and skill tree would be nice though at the very least.

Rashere
01-26-2015, 02:22 PM
It would be a fun thing to do, but not a priority. The primary gameplay in Defiance is about shooting people in the face with a gun. The Charge Blades are cool, but we don't have any plans to spend a lot of time on melee combat right now.

Rashere

WhiteStrike
01-26-2015, 02:24 PM
It would be a fun thing to do, but not a priority. The primary gameplay in Defiance is about shooting people in the face with a gun. The Charge Blades are cool, but we don't have any plans to spend a lot of time on melee combat right now.

Rashere

Ok,thanks for the info.
PS:Can Charge Blades crit?

MagnusRune Daltus
01-26-2015, 03:03 PM
yeah every kill i get with blades is a crit kill. one of my perks works around that very fact

jremarks
01-27-2015, 11:40 AM

Rashere

*Translation - We put them in the game to look pretty so people think we are going to add a cool new feature into the game and will buy the DLC, when in fact we are still fixing/breaking a 2 year old game.*

Bentu
01-27-2015, 11:44 AM
*Translation - We put them in the game to look pretty so people think we are going to add a cool new feature into the game and will buy the DLC, when in fact we are still fixing/breaking a 2 year old game.*

Damn yes it's nearly 2 years, don't time fly.