PDA

View Full Version : Nanoless weapons abit underpowered?

Claydough
01-25-2015, 10:05 PM
Before the i bought the dlc, i was a huge fan of no nanos on my weapons for shooting at things like 99 and dark matter trash mobs. I ilke that it does that little extra outright dmg (5% i think?) and that it does the same dmg to sheilds and health.

However, with the new perk that increases flat dmg with syphon and radiation it leaves the nanoless weapons in the dirt stripping nanoless of its only advantage. Radiation now does 10% more dmg on top of its other effects that also increase dmg...

Does anyone think the way i do?
I think the nanos are very well balance apart from this one. I belive back in the day all nanos were nerfed to make nanoless viable however with these perks, its back to square one again.

Free free to shhot me down, i am still a noob. Maybe its a good thing to have a 1:6 chance your weapon will trash despite the rolls.
It could just a good idea on future perks to add nanoless perks same as the others.

King Stud
01-26-2015, 03:03 AM
As with any game there are trash guns and good guns. Nanoless guns belong in the first category, they're meant to be weaker than guns with nanos to act as a foil for them :D

DJ51
01-26-2015, 03:06 AM
The nano's effect differant mobs differently and some have much less than a nanoless weapon.
Maybe experiment more and find what works for what enemy,
Most nanoless weapons actually do more damage at the expense of a nano effect.

Gai
01-26-2015, 03:09 AM
Nanoless guns still have higher raw damage so they have some use if you don't want to use a perk to boost nano damage. In pvp none of that matter though you getting one shotted regardless lol.

Atticus Batman
01-26-2015, 03:25 AM
As with any game there are trash guns and good guns. Nanoless guns belong in the first category, they're meant to be weaker than guns with nanos to act as a foil for them :D

Nanoless guns are supposed to be stronger than nano guns. They have more raw damage and fewer mitigation modifiers, than nano guns.

Eleni
01-26-2015, 03:49 AM
And nanoless guns does an exiting sound!! (MAZU) *.*

Gai
01-26-2015, 03:54 AM

Bullets look better too xD hate using rad looks like im shooting snot q.q, we need some named nanoless leggo!

Eleni
01-26-2015, 04:02 AM
Bullets look better too xD hate using rad looks like im shooting snot q.q, we need some named nanoless leggo!

AYE!! Mazu n Tachmag does lovely sound being nanoless, and throw sparkles yeeeee :)
Sad when they turn RAD or FIRE they turn boring aswell...

I put a 1000ish Arkforges to update my 3xreload oj firerate nanoless mazu.
Its a lot but now hear me coming and it reloads faster than Pulsar.

I defo want some nanoless Jackpots/Named gun :)

Tura Satana
01-26-2015, 09:54 AM

I agree! Nano-less mazu sounds really heavy and awesome!

Claydough
01-26-2015, 11:25 AM
Nanoless guns are supposed to be stronger than nano guns. They have more raw damage and fewer mitigation modifiers, than nano guns.

but thats my point, syphon and radiation with 1 perk equipped out damage it with raw dmg before you factor in all the other effects

cmpowell
01-26-2015, 12:05 PM
but thats my point, syphon and radiation with 1 perk equipped out damage it with raw dmg before you factor in all the other effects

its your choice to equip the perk. In some situations not having to equip the perks for the dmg is to your advantage

stefb42
01-26-2015, 12:21 PM
I'm sure nanoless guns are subject to less penalisation, like don't they do 100% dmg to health and shields compared to others doing more dmg to shields than health or vice versa?

Dixie Cougar
01-26-2015, 12:35 PM
The "problem" as pointed out is that there are very few if any cases where perked radiation is worse than no nano. Borderlands has some passives that enhance no-element weapons. Perks could do the same thing here.

Not rolling a nano in Defiance is kind of part of the drop balance though. You can convert but it costs you the mag slot, etc. Not sure if no nano is ever meant to be a good thing. It's like a gun that drops with a crappy backpack synergy, except it's more important but also more fixable.

More converters would help make nanoless guns a bit more useful I suppose, although you can really get through the entire game with nothing but rad and fire.

SirServed
01-26-2015, 12:38 PM
I'm sure nanoless guns are subject to less penalisation, like don't they do 100% dmg to health and shields compared to others doing more dmg to shields than health or vice versa?
In the big picture, no nano weapons suffer pretty heavily. They have the same 25% damage reduction to shields, 10% damage loss per Armor Plate present, the card damage they display is where they max out and they don't have any utility. If you have DLC5, Radiation and Fire are good examples of nano effects that deal more damage than their actual card damage displays and have utility effects.