PDA

View Full Version : Best place to sock-rock a 1080?

Bud
04-04-2013, 03:24 PM
It's for the vehicle pursuits.
I was thinkin' Rosa's toolshop bridge or off of the Golden Gate, maybe?

Kreoss
04-04-2013, 03:26 PM
Off the top of Top Notch Toolworks. You can't get the 1080 off the bridge, you run into the island when you try.

Athyrio
04-04-2013, 03:27 PM
It's for the vehicle pursuits.
I was thinkin' Rosa's toolshop bridge or off of the Golden Gate, maybe?

Close, if you go to the top, where the data recorder is, hop on the rock, go around back, and you will see a platform that you can launch to the right of the bridge... It is a bit of a run way... and if you launch off there you will easily get it!

RelativeBlue
04-04-2013, 03:28 PM
There is a road with a sign at the end of a long straight climbing road that reads " Jump at your own risk", over the edge is a longer, steeper declining slope. I imagine that's a great place to jump.

Valethar
04-04-2013, 03:38 PM
there was a place near Muir during the Beta that was great. You had to climb the hills up fairly far, but there's a real nice natural ramp there. I nailed all three spins, plus the distance jumps all at once on that one.

When I get in later I'll try to get some screen caps of the map location, etc.. for you, unless one of the folks that posted it during Beta beats me to it. :)

TeNMaN
04-04-2013, 03:42 PM
there was a place near Muir during the Beta that was great. You had to climb the hills up fairly far, but there's a real nice natural ramp there. I nailed all three spins, plus the distance jumps all at once on that one.

When I get in later I'll try to get some screen caps of the map location, etc.. for you, unless one of the folks that posted it during Beta beats me to it. :)

Yep, a huge rock that is to the right of the top of Muir dam. It overlooks the area and you can nail it easy ramping off of there. To be honest, there are a ton of places to do this. If you go to the top of the mountains SW of the Crater bar, you can literally pull off 10 full rotations easily for insane trickage!

Blackwolfe
04-04-2013, 03:44 PM
I did mine off of the top in top notch toolworks.

Bud
04-04-2013, 04:14 PM
Thanks, all. :D

/happypanda

http://i47.tinypic.com/2znxsib.jpg

Jestunhi
04-04-2013, 04:15 PM
I used the hills around the coastline in the north-east part of the map.

I've got about 7 races left to gold medal for the black challenger. :)

:edit:

Had to stop trying this evening as the UI was lagging. It started loading the waypoints slow and then stopped loading them entirely.

Bunjmin
04-04-2013, 04:18 PM
Dang bud I'm jealous. Thanks for the info all, Ive only been able to stick 900s. and to those who have 1080d, did you use the hannibal or the runner?

TeNMaN
04-04-2013, 04:20 PM
Dang bud I'm jealous. Thanks for the info all, Ive only been able to stick 900s. and to those who have 1080d, did you use the hannibal or the runner?

Use the hannibal.