PDA

View Full Version : Questions? Concerns? This is your thread!

CM Kiwibird
01-26-2015, 02:12 PM
Hey there everyone!

It's a brand new week, and the next Defiance event is not too far away! Do you have any questions that you'd like to submit to our Devs this week? If so, please post them here! I'll be collecting questions from here in two days. :o

Thanks everyone!

WhiteStrike
01-26-2015, 02:15 PM
Hi Kiwi.First,great game and thank you for all your work here in the forums.Second,are you guys thinking of implementing any changes to charge blades in the near future?Thanks for reading.
PS:What's happening to hotshots lately?

Punisher Illinois Blue
01-26-2015, 02:26 PM
Yeah I got some questions this week.

1) How could you possibly believe that allowing community members too be moderators is a good idea? They are likely to start blocking people they or their friends don't like.

2) The people they will block the seconded they become moderators, one in particular comes to mind, will they get any refunds for being blocked by these people?

2 A: So I guess we have to avoid them in game, if we beat their score at a arkfall or kill them a lot in PvP I guess we can expect a immediate permanent block.

3) Are they allowed to see our online financial spending methods and the numbers associated with them? I don't approve them allowing them to see my account numbers and in turn having my account closed or issuing new account cards to where they live so they can spend my money.

WhiteStrike
01-26-2015, 02:29 PM
Yeah I got some questions this week.

1) How could you possibly believe that allowing community members too be moderators is a good idea? They are likely to start blocking people they or their friends don't like.

2) The people they will block the seconded they become moderators, one in particular comes to mind, will they get any refunds for being blocked by these people?

2 A: So I guess we have to avoid them in game, if we beat their score at a arkfall or kill them a lot in PvP I guess we can expect a immediate permanent block.

3) Are they allowed to see our online financial spending methods and the numbers associated with them? I don't approve them allowing them to see my account numbers and in turn having my account closed or issuing new account cards to where they live so they can spend my money.

Ok dude,those people aren't ten-year olds.They are grown men and were chosen by the dev team.Plus,Trion will keep an eye on them.If they do something evento l they'll probably be punished and the victims will be compensated.

Etaew
01-26-2015, 02:31 PM
What are some of the things that you would have liked to have had in for the Valentines event, but couldn't fit it in due to time or design constraints?

Niner82
01-26-2015, 02:34 PM
Is the Chimera Horn or Fang ever going to be like other weapons and be able to be upgraded to current Ego?

WhiteStrike
01-26-2015, 02:35 PM
Is the Chimera Horn or Fang ever going to be like other weapons and be able to be upgraded to current Ego?

I can upgrade it.From what I've witnessed,this is a bug that only affects some people.

Chris Robet
01-26-2015, 02:35 PM
Are you planning to bring damage based score to the warmaster?

r1p
01-26-2015, 02:57 PM
I mentioned this in another thread somewhere, but I feel it bears repeating:

Would it be possible for you to implement a proper bug reporting system, preferably one with the ability for users to vote on bugs? I believe that by providing the community a proper place to report bugs as well as monitor their priority and status it would help assuage some of the ill feelings some players and help better set expectation. Also, by providing a voting system it would help you better understand which issues are most important to us and may help you better set your priorities for deciding which non-critical bugs get fixed.

Graywolfe
01-26-2015, 02:58 PM
The season 2 episode 1 mission is still not available to anyone on replay or otherwise when will this be reset and fixed?

Have you considered the question of having an auto-loot option for the game? It is a pain running around collecting everything specially after big events like sieges.

Can we get more nano convertors like the radiation and incendiary ones we have now?

Chris Robet
01-26-2015, 03:07 PM
Can we get more nano convertors like the radiation and incendiary ones we have now?

Someone mentioned once that we won't get this or it'll turn into a nano of the month kind of thing.

Gai
01-26-2015, 03:08 PM
Nanoless jackpot weapon, make it happen.

Niner82
01-26-2015, 03:13 PM
I can upgrade it.From what I've witnessed,this is a bug that only affects some people.
I nor my friend can upgrade them on Xbox.

Atticus Batman
01-26-2015, 03:21 PM
I nor my friend can upgrade them on Xbox.

I could last time I checked.

Anyway, Will we ever get the ability to name our gear like you mentioned a few months back?
Will we ever get real melee skills?

Will the Night porter outfit and the valentines helms all be available as rewards during the Valentines event?
Will they have a better drop rate than the previous event helms?

Chris Robet
01-26-2015, 03:45 PM
A second question that I'm to lazy to edit into my original. Are we ever going to get motorcycles?

Nefarious
01-26-2015, 04:07 PM
On the latest Twitch Stream it was mentioned that Defiance has antiqe code within the game. Some of which has inspired certain things to come into/back into the game like the APS Courier Outfit. There was also mention of a profession system and Biomen once to be a playable race. What other antique code is hidden in the game that was intended for features that never made it? And if any what would you like to use from it next to help introduce something new to the game?

Claydough
01-26-2015, 04:19 PM
would you concider revising the loot drops in gulanee and volge minor arkfall events?

they are a great fight but rarely ever bought down due to the fact that most of the rewards are spike, stim and grenade refills. this might have made since when they were first introduced, but not now since they are a general consumable that always kept up to stock via vendors by players.
maybe this could be a good avenue to get some blue and purple mod drops. they take a good long while to complete and cost 10k scrip per try.

Claydough
01-26-2015, 04:23 PM
will there be a sale event for lock boxes when the new weapon bonus rolls go live so that we can get some good newly rolled weapons?

Jet1337
01-26-2015, 04:50 PM
1. Any plans to bring those Season 1 pursuits back?

2. What's up with the major arkfall bosses having more health since the last update?

3. Any plans on new vehicles or vehicle types?

4. Can you guys make the Cerberus available without the turret?

5. Any news on when T5 mods will become available in all synergies?

5. A raid that includes fighting multiple bosses sounds good. Is that something that can be done in the future?

5. Can you guys add more contracts to each faction? I think a daily and a weekly isn't enough, especially since those lockboxes cost 100-200 rep.

5. Will you guys make a rocket launcher like ROXI?

Brido_hecatombe
01-26-2015, 04:57 PM
Will there be a Crossbow like the one the freaky guy has in Island of Lost Soldiers, as a reward/cupids bow type item??? Or several type's, like sniper rifle/LMG???

Chris Robet
01-26-2015, 05:00 PM
5. Will you guys make a rocket launcher like ROXI?

They did it was a first day exclusive. It was called the hydra I believe.

brokenshield
01-26-2015, 05:04 PM
Will Incursions ever be adjusted so that the players that wish to play them as they are meant to be played, can actually do so.

Jet1337
01-26-2015, 05:09 PM
They did it was a first day exclusive. It was called the hydra I believe.

It doesn't shoot homing projectiles like roxi.

Punisher Illinois Blue
01-26-2015, 05:24 PM
Ok dude,those people aren't ten-year olds.They are grown men and were chosen by the dev team.Plus,Trion will keep an eye on them.If they do something evento l they'll probably be punished and the victims will be compensated.

All of that means nothing when factoring in these two things.

1) They are popular, so they can't do wrong, by community and Trion standards, if they weren't "Popular" they went get special BS.

2) They have enemies, and it would be stupid to think they wont conveniently deal with them. One "Bat Man" got away with attacking my friends calling them trolls. NOT ONE APOLOGY!!! If they still played this game they/I could count on a immediate ban / war.

And to add to that it would be stupid to think if they do have access to see your financial records and they are a enemy that they wouldn't try something to **** up your bank account/s or other methods of payment. Admittedly if you buy a disposable multinational payment card this wouldn't be that big of an issue, problem is most people don't know to get those type of cards for protection when buying things from the net, or don't have access to them.

Its because of friends of some of these "community leaders" I can't give stuff away anymore because they made up BS that I glitch or hack or steal from people IM given stuff away too. So ILL say again, theirs no reason not to expect a "War / Ban" right when some of these people become MODs. And that goes for anyone not on their good side or their friends good side.

SirServed
01-26-2015, 05:56 PM

1) They are popular, so they can't do wrong, by community and Trion standards, if they weren't "Popular" they went get special BS.

2) They have enemies, and it would be stupid to think they wont conveniently deal with them. One "Bat Man" got away with attacking my friends calling them trolls. NOT ONE APOLOGY!!! If they still played this game they/I could count on a immediate ban / war.

And to add to that it would be stupid to think if they do have access to see your financial records and they are a enemy that they wouldn't try something to **** up your bank account/s or other methods of payment. Admittedly if you buy a disposable multinational payment card this wouldn't be that big of an issue, problem is most people don't know to get those type of cards for protection when buying things from the net, or don't have access to them.

Its because of friends of some of these "community leaders" I can't give stuff away anymore because they made up BS that I glitch or hack or steal from people IM given stuff away too. So ILL say again, theirs no reason not to expect a "War / Ban" right when some of these people become MODs. And that goes for anyone not on their good side or their friends good side.
They can't see your financials or anything important like that. They would simply be forum moderators, nothing more. Misconduct is met with consequence, end of story.

Holy Bahamut3
01-26-2015, 06:19 PM

http://matinghabitsofthemoderngeek.com/wp-content/uploads/fear-leads-to-anger-anger-leads-to-hate.jpg

To be honest I don't know what you're worried about.
1. I haven't seen any official statement of them saying they are going to implement such a thing. It just has a lot of community support because of the bots.
2. Their is little chance The batman would even be selected for such a position. Your irrational fear of the batman is comical BTW.
3. I don't even think you register on his radar anymore.
4.IF such a position were to be created, THEN the community mods would only have the ability to flag and temporarily delay posts not delete them, or people. SO calm down...

nathanpbutler
01-26-2015, 06:25 PM
Three questions regarding EGO levels, the cap, and the "you will be able to get to the cap without PVP" promise that was (incorrectly) repeated in a recent Q&A:

1. I have run the numbers here (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?178391-Maximum-EGO-Calculations-as-of-Dec.-7-2014-for-Etaew-and-Whomever-Else-is-Interested) in great detail. Given that, as Trion admitted in that Q&A, the team failed to count the two social pursuits that require PVP in clan groups and the two pursuits that require Echelon rep, we can say definitively that Trion's claim that players can currently reach the EGO cap of 5900 without any PVP is false. At present, if a player completed every single pursuit (even those removed from the first season, which amounted to 35 EGO), including every DLC pursuit, but did not do PVP (which *does* include those four that were omitted from Trion's calculations), the absolute maximum EGO for a non-PVP player right now is 5866. For a player who did not play from the beginning and thus missed out on the 35 EGO that was removed during season 1, the absolute maximum without PVP (even with DLC) is 5831. (You can see all the calculations in that link.)

So, given that older players still need 34 more EGO to reach the cap without PVP, and newer players still need 69 EGO to reach the cap, at what point can we expect some new pursuits to be added to the game that will finally fulfill that promise made when the EGO cap was created: to allow players who don't want to play PVP to actually hit the EGO cap?

Questions 2 and 3 together: Speaking of the EGO cap: Those of us who have now completed every single pursuit since the game launched (even the removed ones and DLC ones) and brought everything to level 20 should have a sort of "absolute maximum" or "hidden EGO rating" of 6101, the grand total of all of the EGO acquired throughout the game. That is 201 EGO beyond the current EGO cap. We were told when the new cap was instated that we should not worry because when/if the cap is raised again, we will still get credit for the EGO we have actually acquired.

My questions thus are . . .

First, can you confirm or otherwise reassure us that Trion is indeed able to track the "real" EGO level of players who have earned pursuits to pass 5900, and, if so, are you certain that this will keep track of the 35 EGO that is no longer attainable from the removed Season 1 pursuits so that older players do not find themselves losing out on that EGO?

Second, can you give any indication of when the EGO cap might rise again, given that we now have 201 EGO available beyond the cap for early players (and 166 EGO available beyond the cap for players who missed those 35 removed EGO)?

Major Crapshot
01-26-2015, 06:35 PM
Is it possible to reactivate some of the inactive contracts (http://www.defiancedata.com/contracts.php) for some variety in our daily/weekly contracts?

I believe some vets have previously mentioned this before in other threads... which I cannot seem to find right now.

Dixie Cougar
01-26-2015, 06:36 PM
Will there be any features to work Expeditions into the private match system for people in the same clan, etc. who want to play together? (eg, if you lose a player, can the instance remain closed for the other 3 to continue, extra cool points if the dead guy can spectate like in pvp, etc)?

Fuzzy
01-26-2015, 06:40 PM
Second, can you give any indication of when the EGO cap might rise again, given that we now have 201 EGO available beyond the cap for early players (and 166 EGO available beyond the cap for players who missed those 35 removed EGO)?

The Ego Cap will be raised with Alcatraz. They mentioned it here (http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=422#ego)

nathanpbutler
01-26-2015, 06:51 PM
The Ego Cap will be raised with Alcatraz. They mentioned it here (http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=422#ego)

Excellent, though that makes the question of keeping that 35 EGO and other EGO beyond 5900 more (a) pressing and (b) theoretically on Trion's current radar. Perhaps they'll actually answer this time.

So, to reword my second/third questions into one that is more in keeping with the answer from Jan. 9:

When taking into account EGO a player has earned beyond the 5900 cap as we head toward a new EG cap with Alcatraz, can you confirm that Trion is able to not just keep track of the EGO from pursuits currently in the game but also from the 35 EGO worth of pursuits that were removed back in Season 1? Those of us who have fought to reach the current absolute maximum EGO of 6101 by completing every pursuit since day one and leveling up everything possible would be mighty miffed to discover those 35 EGO vanishing when the EGO cap is raised and our "excess" EGO is accounted for.

Infinity Eagle
01-26-2015, 06:52 PM
In the Jan. 9th. Q&A you said
Any word on a time frame for the next time the EGO cap will be raised?

It will be raised with the Alcatraz update along with some adjustments to the high-level player power curve. (This would behave much like our previous update to the 4500-5000 EGO range. We’ll have the details on that adjustment later, but it will be retroactive.)

My question is: What kind of adjustment is going to be made to the high ego players power curve?

Fallen_Aingeal
01-26-2015, 07:25 PM
Is it possible to reactivate some of the inactive contracts (http://www.defiancedata.com/contracts.php) for some variety in our daily/weekly contracts?

I believe some vets have previously mentioned this before in other threads... which I cannot seem to find right now.

I agree with this! I have mentioned and asked about this several times.

So, I will second this. Can we please be given the opportunity to do some of these old contacts again?

Major Crapshot
01-26-2015, 07:40 PM
I agree with this! I have mentioned and asked about this several times.

So, I will second this. Can we please be given the opportunity to do some of these old contacts again?

Aha! I knew it was you but I couldn't find your post. You've posted quite a bit lately. :)

Sliverbaer
01-26-2015, 08:51 PM
With upcoming changes to the Silicon Valley incursions, will this finally get fixed? And when?
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8589/16190089488_39de5b3163_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/qEErxW)

When will the Cerberus get fixed (health and turret damage) so that this isn't annoying as all shtako to finish?
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7402/16191840037_dd429381cb_o.png (https://flic.kr/p/qEPpVP)

Yhou
01-27-2015, 01:51 AM
I think the perks: 'Just Reward' and 'Pinta' are so weak it is hardly worth using them as there is very little change to the loot drops. Once upon a time it was worthwhile where you could farm a fair amount of epics from using these 2 perks, but not now.

Infinity Eagle
01-27-2015, 04:40 AM
Could we have a BMG resistant shield, so that a BMG will not work on you and you can not see it`s effects? Not really fair that another player can make some of your perks useless in PVE

WhiteKnight019
01-27-2015, 06:37 AM
I got a couple of questions.

1. I know the future of Defiance is hard to know, but what if any are the plans for a Defiance 2 release on new gen systems?

2. Will trion be throwing a Super Bowl weekend event? Maybe 100% boosts to loot or something good? Could we vote on what type of boost we could get depending on which team we pick for the super bowl?

3. Could we get some sort of temporary ability boost system? Similar to Borderland Presequel Moxxitails? you could pay 10,000 arksalvage and get a temporary boost to multiple different abilities like speed, reload, damage, jump height, or whatever and it lasts only for like 30 minutes. it'd help those vets knock down their millions/billions in arksalvage.

4. Will there be cake? or is the cake a lie?

5. When could we see Nano Swords in a vendor?

OMERTA
01-27-2015, 06:41 AM
Is it possible in the near future or ever that Trion could implement direct streaming to Twitch with XBOX360?
I made a thread but I would like a answer from you guys.
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?197263-Xbox-360-twitch-when-will-it-happen-Will-it

And matchmaking system (like the co-op missions) for the Arenas would be awesome, now you are just getting thrown in solo hoping that someone comes in or sometimes that they dont.
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?197257-CO-OP-ARENAS-(More-like-fast-travel-arena)

I sent you guys info about my app idea, since I didn't hear anything about it (or missed it) are you planning on making a Defiance app? Where you can for an example see your different characters and ego level to start with. ( like on the main screen after you patch but in your phone)
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?165898-Tell-Us-about-Your-Defiance-Fan-Project!/page2

OMERTA
01-27-2015, 06:49 AM
And I do believe that the section in INTEL>HELP>PROGRESSION>LOADOUTS should still be changed cause all new players (including myself when I read it) will/was very confused.

OMERTA
01-27-2015, 06:50 AM
Could we have a BMG resistant shield, so that a BMG will not work on you and you can not see it`s effects? Not really fair that another player can make some of your perks useless in PVE

Yes please

OMERTA
01-27-2015, 06:52 AM
I think the perks: 'Just Reward' and 'Pinta' are so weak it is hardly worth using them as there is very little change to the loot drops. Once upon a time it was worthwhile where you could farm a fair amount of epics from using these 2 perks, but not now.

This game is like a lootfest even without these perks, I dint think they should alter them in any way. We are just greedy and want more, that's all :)

OMERTA
01-27-2015, 06:53 AM

Second this ^

Bentu
01-27-2015, 06:58 AM
I have 2 questions this week,

1st, can you remove the encryption from named weapons like the Diablo etc, I would actually buy arkforge to upgrade these weapons.

2nd, can you remove the ban on Lucent?

Watson121
01-27-2015, 07:04 AM
1. Will there be any new vehicles coming into the game?

2. Will we be able to fully customize our vehicles?

3. Will any characters from the game be appearing in the show and vice versa?

4. Any news on Season 3 premiere date?

Leprochaun
01-27-2015, 09:41 AM
1: Will you consider adding private instanced pvp?

2: Would you consider adding an ark breaker vendor?

3: Would you consider giving 5 VBI rep for doing either sieges or gunslinger arenas? Alternatively, add another daily or weekly contract in the von bach section that only gunslinger dlc owners can do.

4: Are there any plans to make ark salvage actually useful?

Tex_Arcana
01-27-2015, 10:43 AM
When is Trion going to get on top of the annoying "Black Magic" spam !!!!!?????????ŋ???????????????

Random_Numbers
01-27-2015, 11:13 AM
Just some concerns I've heard voiced from other players...

1) Could you please extend the currency view so we can see all of our currency? Having to go to each vendor to see how much currency we have is silly in this day and age.

2) Can you please do something about the abusive graphics and screen shake of some of these weapons? The Defiance Few Bloodhound (SMG) shakes the screen like I'm in tumble dry when I try to use a scope near someone using it.

2a) Can we PLEASE tone down the graphics of the BMG ... Crimefighter .. some of the AE weapons with multi-warhead explosives? Sure the light show is pretty sometimes .. other times I fear I'll have an epileptic fit :/

Fuzzy
01-27-2015, 11:17 AM
Just some concerns I've heard voiced from other players...

1) Could you please extend the currency view so we can see all of our currency? Having to go to each vendor to see how much currency we have is silly in this day and age.

To see the amount of reputation you have, go to your pursuits (it's J on PC), then press tab. You see all dailies and weeklies AND the amount of reputation you have.
To see the amount of ark salvage, cores etc. open up the loadout overview and go to the tab "stats". You see Ark Salvage, Scrip, your current XP, your weapon skill level if you scroll down and a lot more

Random_Numbers
01-27-2015, 11:19 AM
Can't see VBI / Soleptor / Defiant Few / Tarr Family / Top Notch currency without visiting the vendors .. Just to clarify.

Fuzzy
01-27-2015, 11:22 AM
Can't see VBI / Soleptor / Defiant Few / Tarr Family / Top Notch currency without visiting the vendors .. Just to clarify.

Yup, you can:
http://i.imgur.com/NkmHotY.jpg

TheStigsCousin
01-27-2015, 11:25 AM
To see the amount of reputation you have, go to your pursuits (it's J on PC), then press tab. You see all dailies and weeklies AND the amount of reputation you have.
To see the amount of ark salvage, cores etc. open up the loadout overview and go to the tab "stats". You see Ark Salvage, Scrip, your current XP, your weapon skill level if you scroll down and a lot more

That's how I always check my rep.
Something I'd like to add to this...

I'd like to see some sort of mark on the faction that let's me know I've completed those contracts without having to open and look at each contract.

On the tab that shows boosts, you can't see the bottom row. I have no idea what that boost is and if it's active, I can't see the timer.

MagnusRune Daltus
01-27-2015, 11:27 AM
the bottom boost row is patron pass boost, unless there is an event on and there will be one even lower then that (which on xbox you cant read)

Bentu
01-27-2015, 11:28 AM
Yes when you view your faction rep it would be nice to be able to see how much you've got.

Random_Numbers
01-27-2015, 11:38 AM
Fuzzy ... CURRENCY ... not FACTION ... CURRENCY ... How much money do I have? All you're showing is Reputation .. I'd like to know how much Soleptor money I have ... not how much they like me.

MagnusRune Daltus
01-27-2015, 11:43 AM
reputation is there money...

if you mean scrip, ark forge, ark salvage, cerullion cores and bits. go to loudout scren, and its the 2nd to last tab, has all your money at the top.

Random_Numbers
01-27-2015, 11:48 AM
Please go to the Top Notch Vendor ... Please look at the bottom of the screen ... you'll see a "T" with a number .. that is the currency for the vendor ... VBI / Top Notch / Soleptor / Defiant Few / Tarr Family have specialized currency .. I'd like to know what that is before I get there. And if I didn't know better I'd swear you guys were trolling

MagnusRune Daltus
01-27-2015, 11:52 AM
look at the screen shot fuzzy provided, see how within the white bars it says 400/1000 on the 1st one, go look at your own, and look at the number, might be X/100 or/300 or/600 or/1000. depending on your status with them

then go compare the numbers before the /1000 to what you see int eh vendor...THEY MATCH!!! IF the servers were up you could go look right now, or i could and make a youtube video for you... actually i might have done one before let me check

Bentu
01-27-2015, 11:52 AM
Please go to the Top Notch Vendor ... Please look at the bottom of the screen ... you'll see a "T" with a number .. that is the currency for the vendor ... VBI / Top Notch / Soleptor / Defiant Few / Tarr Family have specialized currency .. I'd like to know what that is before I get there. And if I didn't know better I'd swear you guys were trolling

I did laugh at that, sorry no I'm not trolling you, that number is the amount of rep you've earned, it maxes at a 1,000 &yes I agree with you that I should be able to see it on the rep screen.

Infinity Eagle
01-27-2015, 11:53 AM

That is your rep, you spend it in the vendor. You earn rep to spend by doing contracts.

Random_Numbers
01-27-2015, 11:59 AM
Wow .. if what you guys are saying is true .. someone needs to fix that .. Why would you use 2 completely different ways of dealing with currency? My apologies if I was overbearing there. That currency issue is one of my personal pet peeves and to find that some ya-hoo thought it was a good idea to track it that way makes me want to break something :/ Obscure for the sake of obscure in a shooty game is pretty insane.

r1p
01-27-2015, 11:59 AM

Look at the screenshot that Fuzzy posted. It is the list of daily/weekly contracts. Do you see on the line for Top Notch that it says 17/1000 REPUTATION? The first number (17) is the amount of reputation/currency that you currently have accrued and can spend at the vendor. When you go to the actual Top Notch vendor to buy something the same number appears at the bottom of the vendor's screen next to the "T" icon, which in Fuzzy's case is 17. The second number (1000) is a milestone of the overall reputation/currency that you have ever earned with that faction. It tops out at 1000, which means you can only store a max of 1000 credits/reputation with each vendor.

MagnusRune Daltus
01-27-2015, 12:18 PM
the faction 'currency' isnt money, its reputation. do missions for us and you can shop here. you still have to pay the in game cash (scrip).

then as you buy things, you lose rep.

faction gear is in general better then non faction gear in the vendors (excluding specials) ie the one at Muir you can buy blue stims/spike/grenades but at a normal supply vendor, only white can be brought.

so you do the mission for echelon to get the rep to allow you to buy the better items. but they arnt gonna let you buy everything, they want you to do missions again, so after you buy blue stim, they reduce your rating with them.

thats why they are seperate..

Bentu
01-27-2015, 12:18 PM
We don't get to see it like that on xbox though, we can only see if we're trusted etc.

http://i.imgur.com/NkmHotY.jpg

MagnusRune Daltus
01-27-2015, 12:20 PM
Bentu

explian this video i made months ago? http://youtu.be/Fpy9cw8pb7w?t=1m45s

im on xbox as well!

Bentu
01-27-2015, 12:28 PM
Bentu

explian this video i made months ago? http://youtu.be/Fpy9cw8pb7w?t=1m45s

im on xbox as well!

I couldn't see properly but does it show how much rep we actually have? Not what the rewards are.

I'm talking about the screen where you push start and left bumper twice.

It's the rep and weapon stats screen.

MagnusRune Daltus
01-27-2015, 12:32 PM
no, its in the Goals, contracts, JUST LIKE the picture you quoted

Leprochaun
01-27-2015, 12:34 PM
Aye, just go to goals and hit the left or right bumper. There you should be able to see how much rep you have and what the current contracts are.

Bentu
01-27-2015, 12:37 PM
Yeah just done it now, it's really faint on my sreen which accounts for it and my bad eyes.

OMERTA
01-27-2015, 01:17 PM
Maybee when going into co-op as a group you should still be a group after the map is done? Since most of us keeps on going for a few other maps too?

Random_Numbers
01-27-2015, 04:09 PM
Remaining a group after a mission / co-op might be something to look into for the expeditions since I have a feeling that isn't going to be free-for-all if I have to use my rez timer for a teammate

Yes technically it'll still be like normal co-ops but I believe people will form groups beforehand and try that way

Chris Robet
01-27-2015, 04:10 PM
What are you doing to stop in game thieving?

OMERTA
01-27-2015, 04:17 PM
Like what thieving? Exploiting bugs to take all your stuff or the one where you don't look how many zeros there are before you accept trade?

Chris Robet
01-27-2015, 04:19 PM
Like what thieving? Exploiting bugs to take all your stuff or the one where you don't look how many zeros there are before you accept trade?

Thieving in general, there are too many thiefs to count nowadays and many different forms of glitching, however I want to know what trion is doing t solve these glitches and when people are getting their stolen stuff back.

OMERTA
01-27-2015, 04:35 PM
Some thieving is legit, like scamming is legit - if you give someone something and they promise to give it back and they don't LEGIT
trading for 200000k but only gets 2000k LEGIT
I would never do this though because it would du if it happened to me, and I always assume everyone does the same but apparently not.

Exploiting ingame bugs however is not.
But every scam involving you as a player being able to stop it before it happens is Legit sooo
I only see a few thieving ways.

nathanpbutler
01-27-2015, 04:37 PM
Wow .. if what you guys are saying is true .. someone needs to fix that .. Why would you use 2 completely different ways of dealing with currency? My apologies if I was overbearing there. That currency issue is one of my personal pet peeves and to find that some ya-hoo thought it was a good idea to track it that way makes me want to break something :/ Obscure for the sake of obscure in a shooty game is pretty insane.

Two types? Try 17 different types. (http://www.defiancedata.com/currencies.php) It's ridiculous.

OMERTA
01-27-2015, 04:39 PM
I think it sucks but we all just have to be more cautios which we have around us, but are there much bug thieving on PS? Because its been relatively quiet about "HAXX0R" thieves on XBOX. Mostly just people scamming each other there

Chris Robet
01-27-2015, 04:45 PM
I think it sucks but we all just have to be more cautios which we have around us, but are there much bug thieving on PS? Because its been relatively quiet about "HAXX0R" thieves on XBOX. Mostly just people scamming each other there

Yes there is a clan on PS3 that is thieving from people using a bug that freezes your PS3. So in any case these issues need to be addressed and people compensated.

GEMMA DOOM
01-27-2015, 05:18 PM
If you are going add new island to the map, how about having a boat to ride to the new island and that you can control it aswell and having boat racing aswell just a thought.

wjssmith
01-27-2015, 06:08 PM
Are there any plans to add the other faction crates to the thorne liro vendor, like the way they were added to the defiant few vendor? IMHO the thorne weapons are godawful and it would be nice to be able to buy something i might use, instead of just spending money to complete the pursuits and immediately selling them back because they are useless to me.

nathanpbutler
01-27-2015, 10:11 PM
Are there any plans to add the other faction crates to the thorne liro vendor, like the way they were added to the defiant few vendor? IMHO the thorne weapons are godawful and it would be nice to be able to buy something i might use, instead of just spending money to complete the pursuits and immediately selling them back because they are useless to me.

Preach on! It has been ages since I felt there was anything worthwhile for me to buy from the Thorn Liro vendor. The rep just sits there.

Random_Numbers
01-28-2015, 12:21 AM
I don't have the link but they talked about the Thorne Liro vendor before ... he'll prolly never have boxes since you can grind points all day long with Thorne .. that doesn't mean he couldn't have a few guns WORTH grinding for :p

Nicc0
01-28-2015, 10:35 AM
Here's my questions:
- There will ever be more customization on player characters? I'd like to see upper and lower outfit separation and option to turn off the ugly backpacks that often ruin some good oufits,I know that this may be difficult on old gen consoles but I think that the PC version need starting to be developed separately otherwise the game will not be able to keep it's appeal against the new generation games.
- The PVP side of the game will be expanded and get some balancement?(maybe with standardization of weapons in PVP arenas).
In the last years many mmo's introduced exclusive PVP regions with objectives and progression,I'd like to see a "no security" scavenger zone where players could enter to conquer salvage resources,maybe making roaming group of scavengers and fight other groups.
- Why don't you put some rare spawn boss around the map in order to bring people out of the ordinary routes and promote exploration? Also random salvages or events triggered by the killing of such rares will be great,my point is that Defiance has a large map but it feel too empy or dead because nothing happens outside the usual spots.
Sorry for my bad english,it's not my language but I wanted to do some feedback because I'm still engaged with the game afters all this time and I hope will get even better.

Ryker Vorton
01-28-2015, 10:53 AM
Ok, nine pages of posts, and i just seen the thread....

oh well, only one question from me this month (the pts got me busy enough not to thing in something else lol)

is it possible to add an extraction point (spawn point) in Water Temple? I just can't believe there isn't one there!

Holy Bahamut3
01-28-2015, 11:04 AM

1st, can you remove the encryption from named weapons like the Diablo etc, I would actually buy arkforge to upgrade these weapons.

I second both of these.

http://imgur.com/YeygTVg.gif

So kiwi, could you review lucents case? Please.

Also I wanted to ask, it you could add a feature to the salvage matrix to boost the ego to our current ego? Maybe for a fair amount of AF like 250 or so?

r1p
01-28-2015, 11:14 AM
Some thieving is legit, like scamming is legit - if you give someone something and they promise to give it back and they don't LEGIT
I would never do this though because it would du if it happened to me, and I always assume everyone does the same but apparently not.

But every scam involving you as a player being able to stop it before it happens is Legit sooo

Huh, scamming is legit? How is keeping something when you promise to give it back "LEGIT"? How is giving someone less money than what was agreed upon "LEGIT"?

I'm pretty sure that if I borrow my neighbor's car and I refuse to return it that it's still considered stealing, and I go to jail. I'm also pretty sure if I buy a car and stop making payments that they come and repossess it and if it can't be recovered it's considered fraud, and I go to jail.

WhiteStrike
01-28-2015, 11:14 AM
Here's my questions:
- There will ever be more customization on player characters? I'd like to see upper and lower outfit separation and option to turn off the ugly backpacks that often ruin some good oufits,I know that this may be difficult on old gen consoles but I think that the PC version need starting to be developed separately otherwise the game will not be able to keep it's appeal against the new generation games.
- The PVP side of the game will be expanded and get some balancement?(maybe with standardization of weapons in PVP arenas).
In the last years many mmo's introduced exclusive PVP regions with objectives and progression,I'd like to see a "no security" scavenger zone where players could enter to conquer salvage resources,maybe making roaming group of scavengers and fight other groups.
- Why don't you put some rare spawn boss around the map in order to bring people out of the ordinary routes and promote exploration? Also random salvages or events triggered by the killing of such rares will be great,my point is that Defiance has a large map but it feel too empy or dead because nothing happens outside the usual spots.
Sorry for my bad english,it's not my language but I wanted to do some feedback because I'm still engaged with the game afters all this time and I hope will get even better.
I see that you only play on PC or else you wouldn't be saying that.Alot of players are console gamers and as such that will never happen.
Also the free-roam PVP sounds good but itvwouldn't work since then only big clans would be able to walk there.Plus,there isn't enough PVP balance for that to happen.

tarmim
01-28-2015, 11:52 AM
When does te event Colony Courtship come to live? Im really looking for it.

WhiteStrike
01-28-2015, 12:14 PM
When does te event Colony Courtship come to live? Im really looking for it.
11th February

Mate
01-28-2015, 03:03 PM
Can you make a last minute paint job on the Runner, and Rollers, with something like rose murals all over it and "My Valentine" sign written on it. Or slap up a 6 seater Combie Van just for the occasion with the Valentine mural theme all over it (Cupids n Roses). Purchasable at Crystal Pond or somewhere else.

Dslice
01-28-2015, 04:25 PM
Will we ever get an update to the NPC's so that people who have completed the season 1 episode missions & don't have the plague outbreak still going on at Top Notch Tool works or the Echelon merc saying "Hey you..... have you seen an ark hunter named Nolan.... has an Irathiant sidekick.... there's something or client would like to discuss with him" line?

OMERTA
01-28-2015, 06:12 PM
Huh, scamming is legit? How is keeping something when you promise to give it back "LEGIT"? How is giving someone less money than what was agreed upon "LEGIT"?

I'm pretty sure that if I borrow my neighbor's car and I refuse to return it that it's still considered stealing, and I go to jail. I'm also pretty sure if I buy a car and stop making payments that they come and repossess it and if it can't be recovered it's considered fraud, and I go to jail.

First of all stealing your neighbors car and scamming a person in game..... Hmmm not quite the same thing sry, but truth hurts sometimes. I believe Trions rules in Archage do apply to defiance too in this case .

Is scamming illegal?

No, scams that take advantage of a player's trust or ignorance do not violate any in-game mechanics, and are not actioned by the In-Game Support team. No matter how vile the scam may be, Customer Support is unable to compensate players for losses due to legal scams, nor will In-Game GMs be able to action the terrible practitioner of the act. We fully empower players in game to be judge and jury for others who break the in-game laws, and encourage you to pursue these options, however the support team cannot get involved.

r1p
01-28-2015, 06:31 PM
What I'm talking about right vs wrong not legal vs illegal. I am however pleased to see that you play on Xbox because your views that justify legitimacy due to the support teams inability or unwillingness to resolve the issue suggests that you have no sense of right and wrong. You are basically saying that it's not wrong if you don't get caught.

OMERTA
01-28-2015, 09:09 PM
Have I stated that this is something I encourage ppl to do or even do myself? Read what I wrote before you rage on me. I just said its legit in the game. If it was written in a law book and I quote it it doesn't automatically mean I support it does it? Scamming on this game is never illegal sadly.

I didn't write rules Trion did, and you are pointing your anger in the completely wrong direction
And right vs. wrong wouldn't be comparing to a vehicle theft or a breach of contract that is law and not in anyway compared to "if you have three apples and your two friends are starving, do you share them or take them yourself?"

Bentu
01-29-2015, 01:44 AM
I'm too tired to type it out again so here's the link.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?198466-Can-t-stay-in-game-for-more-than-10-minutes-without-being-disconnected.&p=1689405&viewfull=1#post1689405

Symbiosis2099
01-29-2015, 06:51 AM

Definition of legit: not engaging in illegal activity or attempting to deceive; honest
by definition scaming is not 'legit' nor is it right...while I agree you should make sure you're getting what you want in a trade before accepting (I always triple check) scamming someone out of 900k by ofering 100k instead of 1 mil isn't right or polite

Onto my question: I'm sure it's been mentioned already but...Season 2 episode 1? Can anything be done for this? I know it was mentioned last time but I've taken all the steps lined out there and it still doesn't show up (it's the only season 2 pursuit I lack, so obviously I've taken the steps to make season 2 episodes available, as I'm sure most who are experiencing this problem have)

OMERTA
01-29-2015, 09:51 AM
Scamming is not legit by the dictionary/lawbook but according to Trion scamming is legit. I tried to get bits refunded for the store showing wrong, would it have been a real store and real laws yes I would have gotten them back, but now we are one nation under Trion, and
I just quoted a fact so now everyone thinks I'm running for Governor of Scammerville, Fraudtucky?

richardkrainium
01-29-2015, 10:48 AM
any plans on fixing the extra key for clan activities on the xbox. as it is now, it hasnt worked for over 8 months. thats alot of keys we havent been getting for emergencies, arkfalls, sieges, ect....

any plans on making it so we can buy clan score and salvage boosts. those still dont work on xbox

r1p
01-29-2015, 10:55 AM
Scamming is not legit by the dictionary/lawbook but according to Trion scamming is legit. I tried to get bits refunded for the store showing wrong, would it have been a real store and real laws yes I would have gotten them back, but now we are one nation under Trion, and
I just quoted a fact so now everyone thinks I'm running for Governor of Scammerville, Fraudtucky?

I have just noticed that you list your location as Sweden, so can I assume that English is not you first language? I think we are experiencing a translation problem and I want to apologize profusely. It appears to me that you are using the term "legit" to mean that "the game is not programmed to prevent it from happening" and I originally thought that you meant that "this is acceptable behavior". Unfortunately, I have met several players that believe that behavior like this is acceptable because "it's only a game" and it bugs me because they wouldn't tolerate it in the real world.

As for your bits, I know that Trion has acknowledged a bug stating that it is a display issue affecting only a small number of players. In my opinion players affected by the bug should get a 1 time credit for the difference when they first report it. If it's occurs to more players they should also give them a credit as well for the first occurrence until they fix the bug. In game bugs are annoying, but if I pay real money for something because I think it's on sale then it's only right that they make good on it.

OMERTA
01-29-2015, 11:17 AM
Might be that we are experiencing a small glitch in communication, but still I'm not the one putting the legit stamp on the scamming, It's still Trionworlds own words, I was just a messenger ;)

OMERTA
01-29-2015, 11:23 AM
But read closely now from Code of Conduct at support.trionworlds.com

Is scamming illegal?

No, scams that take advantage of a player's trust or ignorance do not violate any in-game mechanics, and are not actioned by the In-Game Support team. No matter how vile the scam may be, Customer Support is unable to compensate players for losses due to legal scams, nor will In-Game GMs be able to action the terrible practitioner of the act. We fully empower players in game to be judge and jury for others who break the in-game laws, and encourage you to pursue these options, however the support team cannot get involved.

Again not my words
And yes I use the word legit for legal as it is not illegal, but lets let this go and hope for a awesome Q&A

r1p
01-29-2015, 11:38 AM

Again not my words
And yes I use the word legit for legal as it is not illegal, but lets let this go and hope for a awesome Q&A

Wow. Just wow. I wasn't aware of this. I was completely unaware that this was the official policy of Trion. This actually LEGITimizes people when they scam other players out of their weapons.

Also their "judge & jury" policy is completely worthless. Alts are disposable so anyone can use one to scam players out of stuff and then funnel their ill-gotten gains to their main character.

Again, I apologize due to my ignorance and I thank you for the education.

OMERTA
01-29-2015, 11:59 AM
Np I know I have done the same thing, read the last few pages and thought what the f. And in a few posts earlier it kind of made sense ^^
One thing don't add up though, we can be both Judge & Jury, but forums restrict naming and exposing these lurkers?

SanCarioca
01-29-2015, 01:24 PM
In this thread, I saw a lot of Arkhunters requesting inactive contracts to be playable again. I second that, and more, I'd love a complete revamp of the contract system, because I'ts really tiresome to play the same missions, daily, over and over again. I think there are a lot of areas in the game that you, Trion, can easily evaluate that are underused, and you could stimulate these areas with simple tricks:

1) The main concept behind my idea of a revamp is to give the player several options in which he can earn the same rep, daily or weekly. That way, the old system, where Trion made all missions available for all players of all EGO levels and non-DLC owners would still be in place;

2) However, if *I am* an EGO 5000 player, give me an option to run a co-op map like Defiance, to earn my daily Soleptor REP, for example. I havenīt played this map in forever, since I finished the main mission, and it's just sitting there, an awesome content, forgotten.

So, the daily Soleptor contract for a EGO 4999 player could be (for example):

Complete the "Hosrsehoe Bay" conflict site

While, for an EGO 5000 player, it would appear like this:

Complete the "Hosrsehoe Bay" conflict site OR
Complete the "Defiance" co-op map in Expert Difficulty

You see? You're not giving away any more rep than you do, because people will only gain rep for the mission they choose to do. You're also not locking people away from the Defiance map, because people who have never ran it before would not even see it.

You could do the same to DLC owners. For example, for non-Gunslinger DLC owners, the daily VBI contract would be:

Complete the "Medical Recovery" conflict site

For Gunslinger-DLC owners, it could be:

Complete the "Medical Recovery" conflict site OR
Complete the "(don't remember the name of a Gunslinger Arena now, sorry :D)" Arena

For Gunslinger-DLC owners, that are EGO 5000, it could be:

Complete the "(don't remember the name of a Gunslinger Arena now, sorry :D)" Arena in Expert Difficulty

And so on for all EGO levels, season completion status of the players, DLC ownners, etc!

Of course, as players, we see these options as just a bunch of "IF/THEN/ELSE" lines of code, and it could be way more complex for you to implement that. Iīm just saying you guys have a lot of great content that perhaps could be put to a good use again. I'd LOVE to play all grid missions from Aftermath AS DAILY CONTRACTS, for example, specially the ones with the Inquisitors.

At the same time, If I have to play the Bolinas Refinery conflict site one more time, I just let it pass. I prefer to not earn rep, than to play that map for the 100th time, again.

Please, please, please, make it happen! I have'nt been complaining about the lack of flying vehicles in Defiance for a long time, now.

r1p
01-29-2015, 01:25 PM
Np I know I have done the same thing, read the last few pages and thought what the f. And in a few posts earlier it kind of made sense ^^
One thing don't add up though, we can be both Judge & Jury, but forums restrict naming and exposing these lurkers?

Those are my thought exactly.

CM Kiwibird
01-29-2015, 01:42 PM

That one is for ArcheAge - different game, very different rules. I've included a question about scamming and what you can do about it in this Q&A.

r1p
01-29-2015, 01:55 PM
That one is for ArcheAge - different game, very different rules. I've included a question about scamming and what you can do about it in this Q&A.

Thanks Kiwi!

OMERTA
01-29-2015, 02:39 PM
It's the only rule that existed so I figured it went for all of them ^^ my bad

Tex_Arcana
01-29-2015, 02:44 PM
In this thread, I saw a lot of Arkhunters requesting inactive contracts to be playable again. I second that, and more, I'd love a complete revamp of the contract system, because I'ts really tiresome to play the same missions, daily, over and over again. I think there are a lot of areas in the game that you, Trion, can easily evaluate that are underused, and you could stimulate these areas with simple tricks:

1) The main concept behind my idea of a revamp is to give the player several options in which he can earn the same rep, daily or weekly. That way, the old system, where Trion made all missions available for all players of all EGO levels and non-DLC owners would still be in place;

2) However, if *I am* an EGO 5000 player, give me an option to run a co-op map like Defiance, to earn my daily Soleptor REP, for example. I havenīt played this map in forever, since I finished the main mission, and it's just sitting there, an awesome content, forgotten.

You see? You're not giving away any more rep than you do, because people will only gain rep for the mission they choose to do. You're also not locking people away from the Defiance map, because people who have never ran it before would not even see it.

You could do the same to DLC owners. For example, for non-Gunslinger DLC owners, the daily VBI contract would be:

Complete the "(don't remember the name of a Gunslinger Arena now, sorry :D)" Arena

Complete the "(don't remember the name of a Gunslinger Arena now, sorry :D)" Arena in Expert Difficulty

And so on for all EGO levels, season completion status of the players, DLC ownners, etc!

Of course, as players, we see these options as just a bunch of "IF/THEN/ELSE" lines of code, and it could be way more complex for you to implement that. Iīm just saying you guys have a lot of great content that perhaps could be put to a good use again. I'd LOVE to play all grid missions from Aftermath AS DAILY CONTRACTS, for example, specially the ones with the Inquisitors.

At the same time, If I have to play the Bolinas Refinery conflict site one more time, I just let it pass. I prefer to not earn rep, than to play that map for the 100th time, again.

Please, please, please, make it happen! I have'nt been complaining about the lack of flying vehicles in Defiance for a long time, now.
LOVE this idea. I second it.

r1p
01-29-2015, 02:45 PM
Don't apologize, I would have made the same assumption. However I am happy to see that Kiwi is going to clarify things.

Fallen_Aingeal
01-29-2015, 02:57 PM

Please, please, please, make it happen! I have'nt been complaining about the lack of flying vehicles in Defiance for a long time, now.I like this idea also.

What I'd really like to see though, is the return of the collection contracts. IE; Collect goldrusher parts from 10 goldrushers. Collect 100 skitterling carcasses. Collect stuff from 100 raiders. Those contracts that used to be in game.

I honestly felt more immersed in the game when I had to roam the map looking for different NPC's to engage with. Rather than going to the same blue circles, day in and day out.

OMERTA
01-29-2015, 03:31 PM
Yup hope that with all new players Defiance help and info center gets an major update since it's from way back before f2p

SanCarioca
01-29-2015, 10:03 PM
I like this idea also.

What I'd really like to see though, is the return of the collection contracts. IE; Collect goldrusher parts from 10 goldrushers. Collect 100 skitterling carcasses. Collect stuff from 100 raiders. Those contracts that used to be in game.

I honestly felt more immersed in the game when I had to roam the map looking for different NPC's to engage with. Rather than going to the same blue circles, day in and day out.

I like these "fetch quests" a lot too. I didn't even know they once existed in the game, I might have jumped in after that. And now that you've mentioned them, I'd definitely would love for them to come back.

I'd also like daily missions like "Complete any siege", as we already have for incursions, in the 7th Legion DLC. The Defiant Few faction usually has very cool tasks, as "Kill a Monolith/Progenitor/Helion". You can't please everyone, so the "Do EITHER this OR that" formula could help in that.

But the missions? Oh man. When it's a quick one, like "Murder Island" or "KTAM Tower", itīs ok. But Bolinas takes the cake for me. I simply cannot stand it anymore.

SanCarioca
01-29-2015, 10:20 PM
Kiwi, sorry, forgot to ask about this:

1) Rashere made a terrific job about fine tunning lock boxes, so they yeld "desirable" weapons, when opened. As a result, I prefer to purchase Elite Lockboxes, all the time, and my only grief with that is when this situation happens:

I get a Blue Weapon Type A (Ok)
I get a Purple Weapon Type B (Yay! Guaranted Epics are cool!)
I get a Blue Weapon Type B IDENTICAL IN EVERY WAY TO THE PURPLE I JUST GOT, WITHIN THE SAME BOX. ONLY IT's BLUE.

I may have used a lot of curse words every time this happened. It's really frustrating to obtain two identical weapons from a lockbox, differing only in rarity. One time, I actually got an orange and a purple, and they were also identical. Less rarity gets immediately scrapped, of course.

2) Just like a Sushi gone bad, 3 reload bonus on a SMG make for terrible rolls (ba-doom, tssss!). I know Rashere will address that in the new "Weapons' Rolls" system, but he'll do that only for new weapons.

How about you guys giving us the option to take advantage of this new system when we upgrade the rarity of our old weapons, too? For example, if I have a purple weapon with 2 reload rolls, when I upgrade its rarity to legendary, you also get rid of the repeated rolls, and give us new ones instead? I don't even want to comibine all the rolls into one.

Also, you have identified inadequate rolls in the past (Accuracy rolls in a Sniper, for example). The option above could also get rid of that.

Make it optional, so the user can decide if he wants to get his rolls "straightened up" or not. Just an idea.

I have dozens of purple weapons gathering dust in my inventory, because they have repeated rolls I don't like. That means I'll never spend arkforge to make then legendary. I would hope this new feature would drive economics up, as well.

Iīm not advocating the often requested "re-roll weapons' bonus" feature here. I'm just watching a new system taking place in a few days, and wondering if we could bring our old weapons to it.

Vega
01-29-2015, 10:33 PM
A single question that plaques me my feathered friend.

Will the Valley of Silicon evah get a Time Trial Race?

Its so race material!

I miss seeing my top race scores listed on the map with my time records on there. Thx cheaters for screwin that one up:(

Claydough
01-30-2015, 04:00 AM
will the next (and future) holiday events run similar to the last SS event where we are awarded named weapons upon completion of a weekly contract?

SirServed
01-30-2015, 04:05 AM
will the next (and future) holiday events run similar to the last SS event where we are awarded named weapons upon completion of a weekly contract?
While that was a good idea, it got the hell exploited out of it. If it were up to me, I'd be looking for a way to put things like that into Claims or something similar because Human Nature happens. For example, Rift replaces your normal Daily and Weekly claim items with an Event specific reward during most special events. Putting these items in weekly boxes would probably be the most effective way to deliver. You can't stack weekly boxes so it's basically use it or lose it.

OMERTA
01-30-2015, 04:39 AM
Just like a Sushi gone bad, 3 reload bonus on a SMG make for terrible rolls (ba-doom, tssss!)
Hahahahaha ^^

Eleni
01-30-2015, 04:45 AM
Can you convert all the EMC / Frontier and Votan gear paintjob from vendors as i guess it was meant to be?
I find boring all versions look like the same, plus those paintjobs are already ingame and associated to EMC /Frontier and Votan gear, but not the vendor box ones.....

Plus missing picture of the green camo Frontier quick repeater, The grey camo EMC commando SMG.

Nicc0
01-30-2015, 04:57 AM
I see that you only play on PC or else you wouldn't be saying that.Alot of players are console gamers and as such that will never happen.
Also the free-roam PVP sounds good but itvwouldn't work since then only big clans would be able to walk there.Plus,there isn't enough PVP balance for that to happen.

Defiance has been developed to be a multi platform game and this it's the biggest problem,two years ago it could be considered a good game but now as the time passes the game feels old,without features and full of limits.
More and more console players will eventually switch to next gen while games like The Division or even a simple GTA V will become serious alternatives,obviously Defiance on old gen consoles will lose players for a natural process because simply can go further on the development.
On PC instead the game has the big chance to go on,it's a fun game with a beautiful concept and some very good ideas but need expansion,more life,content in the open world and this can't be forced and pushed on old gen consoles,just see how many problems the game has on console that aren't in the PC version.
If the game take the chance to develop further and become a real next gen game,maybe Trion could also take to the new consoles,I bet many console players who like the game will be happy if this happens.
Don't take this as a "PC master race" argument,I'm only saying tha Defiance has been caught between two generations of console hardware and this brought most of the problems.

whit
01-30-2015, 05:13 AM
More and more console players will eventually switch to next gen while games like The Division or even a simple GTA V will become serious alternatives,obviously Defiance on old gen consoles will lose players for a natural process because simply can go further on the development.

I play defiance on PS3. At some point I will get a PS4 and will no longer play defiance. If Trion could develop a means of transferring PS3 (and Xbox) accounts to PC I would still continue to play on PC, but I won't start from scratch on PC.

Fuzzy
01-30-2015, 05:42 AM

Seeing we have contracts on PTS now, I think it's safe to say: Yes.
Daily awared me a random purple event gun, if I'll do the weekly I bet I'll get a jackpot gun.

Nicc0
01-30-2015, 06:15 AM
I play defiance on PS3. At some point I will get a PS4 and will no longer play defiance. If Trion could develop a means of transferring PS3 (and Xbox) accounts to PC I would still continue to play on PC, but I won't start from scratch on PC.

But maybe if Trion would upgrade the PC version both on the graphics and content side people like you could enjoy to replay from the start,this is another point,a better PC Defiance could really increase player base giving more chances to earn money.

whit
01-30-2015, 06:26 AM
But maybe if Trion would upgrade the PC version both on the graphics and content side people like you could enjoy to replay from the start,this is another point,a better PC Defiance could really increase player base giving more chances to earn money.

In terms of playability, the current PC version is probably already superior to console (eg. crimefighters). I would be quite happy with an account transfer. I would never start the game afresh unless it was 90% different, that will never happen. I am never ever going to collect all those data recorders again, nor do all the PVP, nor gold all the races !

Ryker Vorton
01-30-2015, 07:23 AM
I like this idea also.

Having those contracts back in the game would be awesome, a thousand times better than the current (ultraboring and leech-able) contracts

That's already on the PTS :D

While that was a good idea, it got the hell exploited out of it. If it were up to me, I'd be looking for a way to put things like that into Claims or something similar because Human Nature happens. For example, Rift replaces your normal Daily and Weekly claim items with an Event specific reward during most special events. Putting these items in weekly boxes would probably be the most effective way to deliver. You can't stack weekly boxes so it's basically use it or lose it.

Everything can be exploited one way or another, it may take time bbut the exploiters wil always find a way to do their shameless stuff.

What we need is a sort of "anti leeching" system. In events everyone has (almost) the same chances to deal damage, for example it would be nice if any given participat would need to have dealt a certain amount of dmage based on the number of players present in the event. Exampe: 30 participants in X event deaalt a total of 3,000,000 points of damage, 3kk/30=100k, so if any participant didn't do 100k damage get's no rewaard nor counts towards pursuits/contracts (of course it would have to be a lot more polished, if there are only two people onne 5k the other sub 1k there is no way in hell the sub 1k could do haf the damage as the 5k do) But that's a general idea.

Now, another question for the Q&A:

Would be possibe to revamp the female voices to sound more feminine? Most of them sounds either like "molly the granny" or like a transvesti who haad a crazy party night and only slept 1 hour... (A simple chance in pitch would make them much much more appealing)

OMERTA
01-30-2015, 08:37 AM
The collector contracts show up now and then but only as weekly, they are 110 times beter than just stopping conflict sites

Ryker Vorton
01-30-2015, 09:12 AM
The collector contracts show up now and then but only as weekly, they are 110 times beter than just stopping conflict sites

Haven't got a single one of those since June at least

OMERTA
01-30-2015, 10:14 AM
I had the collect parts from scrapper progenitor and the conflict site where you have to protect the machine and the Darkmatter soldiers spawn at the graveyard :) I was on XBOX btw

Fuzzy
01-30-2015, 10:23 AM
I had the collect parts from scrapper progenitor and the conflict site where you have to protect the machine and the Darkmatter soldiers spawn at the graveyard :) I was on XBOX btw

People refer to these contracts: http://www.defiancedata.com/contracts.php?f=&inactive=1
Back when we haven't had conflict sites yet, it was only "collect x amount of y in z".

OMERTA
01-30-2015, 11:45 AM
Ahh but its similar though, collect ai cores 0/5 at the scrap/graveyard. And there was like five different in a weekly.
But that you linked seems even more fun

Tex_Arcana
01-30-2015, 11:46 AM
Are you going to get a better voice actor for John Cooper and re-do all the missions where he sounds like a White Hipster from Portland, OR?

SanCarioca
01-30-2015, 01:08 PM
Just like a Sushi gone bad, 3 reload bonus on a SMG make for terrible rolls (ba-doom, tssss!)

Hahahahaha ^^

Thank you, good Sir. We aim to please. :)

CM Kiwibird
01-30-2015, 07:47 PM
Hey there y'all! This thread blew up! Remember, I collect on Wednesdays, so make sure to get your questions in by then. I'm going to post a new thread on Monday. The latest Q&A has been posted, but there's so many good questions in this thread so I'm probably going to pull more from here next week.

OMERTA
01-31-2015, 04:31 AM
This became an epic thread ^^

Grey Dawn
01-31-2015, 07:21 AM

1) Well, it's been answered already. However, I ended up upgrading all my special weapons to purple once encryption was announced so all I would have to do is upgrade to orange whenever I was ready. Truth be told, encryption was a poor system to implement at all, and their reasons for implementing it were just as poor (especially with everything else going on with the game at that time).

2) I was shocked when I read this and couldn't really believe it until Lucent confirmed it on her YouTube channel. It's really a shame that another veteran and very good member of this community is now no longer with us, for reasons that make no sense whatsoever. I guess us vets are no longer valued members of this community.

In terms of playability, the current PC version is probably already superior to console (eg. crimefighters). I would be quite happy with an account transfer. I would never start the game afresh unless it was 90% different, that will never happen. I am never ever going to collect all those data recorders again, nor do all the PVP, nor gold all the races !

ESO will be allowing the transfer of PC accounts to the consoles when it finally launches on them in June, so technically speaking, there is no reason why the reverse shouldn't be true. Of course, that all depends on how Trion set up the back end for the game. Quite frankly, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Holy Bahamut3
01-31-2015, 08:58 AM
2) I was shocked when I read this and couldn't really believe it until Lucent confirmed it on her YouTube channel. It's really a shame that another veteran and very good member of this community is now no longer with us, for reasons that make no sense whatsoever. I guess us vets are no longer valued members of this community.

I don't think we ever have been. I think if anything they have always viewed us with annoyance.

I hope Lucent pursues getting reinstated, but I wouldn't blame her on just giving up and moving on. After all, she was treated unfairly, and all it did was confirm to her everything she felt about this game and the people behind it.

Grandpa Ace
01-31-2015, 10:34 AM
I know it has been brought up before; however, I don't remember any definitive answer being given, so here it is again. Will the Durango's be able to hold four (4) players in the near future, or will the Raptures speed and boost be increased (they are as slow as the proverbial molasses in January)?
V/R
GPA

TheStigsCousin
01-31-2015, 10:46 AM
It's been nearly 4 weeks since character copy to pts was stopped. Any updates on when this will start again?

Chris Robet
01-31-2015, 11:05 AM
This thread has been taken down people, questions on here aren't going to be answered just wait till the next question thread.

Markeen
01-31-2015, 11:39 AM
Nope, thread still here. LOL but, yeah Monday can't come soon enough. I have some bugs that need fixed that are annoying many.

TheStigsCousin
01-31-2015, 11:54 AM
This thread has been taken down people, questions on here aren't going to be answered just wait till the next question thread.

Maybe not.....

Hey there y'all! This thread blew up! Remember, I collect on Wednesdays, so make sure to get your questions in by then. I'm going to post a new thread on Monday. The latest Q&A has been posted, but there's so many good questions in this thread so I'm probably going to pull more from here next week.

Sunslayer2015
01-31-2015, 01:29 PM
gunslingers like dy drekuso the scores are to high to reach went in with a full team of 5900 on expert and just hit sliver with 46k score . they told me they had to boost score with bmgs and fire wapons when they did it, so what can be done.

OMERTA
01-31-2015, 05:24 PM
We did 4 of us with bmg in dekuso and smg on raiders, and kill the spawning grenadiers/minigunners to boost points. As a group you only need around 75-80k I believe if I'm not mistaken?

Chris Robet
01-31-2015, 05:40 PM
75-80k I believe if I'm not mistaken?

100k 10/CHAR

OMERTA
01-31-2015, 06:29 PM
Ahh I stand corrected :)

wjssmith
01-31-2015, 06:50 PM
Could you change the color of the mission icons on the map so they are a different color than the hot shots/challenges? I suggest a dayglow green to make them easier to find.

OMERTA
02-01-2015, 07:19 AM
I have something for the next Q&A, Clan invites that stays and can be sent to gamer tag/character name as a private message when the person isn't online, also the function to find offline players and adding them as friends and so on. It's a hassle to find players or connect to them when we have the time zone difference

Sunslayer2015
02-01-2015, 01:29 PM
grenadiers and minigunner lol theres none in dy drekuso gunslinger and im not wasting more money on score boost when just drop 40$ on the season pass .

Chris Robet
02-01-2015, 01:31 PM
grenadiers and minigunner lol theres none in dy drekuso gunslinger.

Those are mutants they would not be in a raider arena.

Sunslayer2015
02-01-2015, 01:50 PM
comment #143 im replying on what he said why do you allwasy have to have the last word. if you dont have defiance on xbox 360 please dont add you little nitpic comments on every single post people put up unless its your gt .

Chris Robet
02-01-2015, 01:53 PM
comment #143 im replying on what he said why do you allwasy have to have the last word. if you dont have defiance on xbox 360 please dont add you little nitpic comments on every single post people put up unless its your gt .

Annoyed are we? I was correcting a mistake I was not attempting to get the last word and this is an open multiplatform forum meaning everyone's version is the same so there is really no point in trying to divide comments between systems.

Holy Bahamut3
02-01-2015, 02:14 PM
Last word.

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/thefw.com/files/2011/11/familyguy14.gif

OMERTA
02-01-2015, 02:20 PM
Ahh my bad name mixup

Smokey Black
06-01-2015, 07:04 PM
the defiant few MKII crate is still bugged.

I received two Defiant few AR mods in my MKII box today. I don't think there is a Defiant few AR.

The synergy was correct at least.

KILLSHOT707
06-01-2015, 07:11 PM
the defiant few MKII crate is still bugged.

I received two Defiant few AR mods in my MKII box today. I don't think there is a Defiant few AR.

The synergy was correct at least.

Do they not work on the new Bloodhound?

Smokey Black
06-01-2015, 07:32 PM
Do they not work on the new Bloodhound?

I'm pretty sure bloodhound uses guided rocket launcher mods.

Cobra Crusher
06-01-2015, 07:35 PM
I'm pretty sure bloodhound uses guided rocket launcher mods.

It uses ar df and guided.

CM Kiwibird
06-01-2015, 07:37 PM
Closing this one to prevent confusion when I open up a new thread, everyone. :)