PDA

View Full Version : Frontier Battle Rifle

TheStigsCousin
01-27-2015, 10:18 PM
I have a blue one of these with Bio nano and prepared synergy. I added a mag mod with increased effect trigger. It's nano effect is nearly constant. I love it. Only downside is it only has a 30 cap mag. I've been using it and upgrading it since I got it around 1000ego.

The other day I was looking through all the vendors and I saw a purple one just like mine (Bio/Prepared), I think it was at Top Notch. The damage was almost 1000 more than my blue one. I didn't have the rep to get it so I waited a couple of days until I had enough rep. I went back to buy it. It was there, but no longer had the Bio nano. It wasn't a special, it was in the regular inventory.
Did my eyes deceive me? Did I maybe see it at another vendor and was mistaken? Was it a glitch? Am I going crazy?
Help me Obi Wan, you're my only hope!

Atticus Batman
01-27-2015, 10:26 PM
Each rep vendor has 2 synergies that can only come from that vendor, last I knew. Prepared only comes from top Notch, iirc, so you had to have seen it there. Maybe you looked at the nano wrong. Not sure.

Symbiosis2099
01-27-2015, 10:28 PM
Had to have looked at the nano wrong or something, because as far as I know reputation vendors don't have specials

DJ51
01-27-2015, 10:29 PM
These specials are just that, and change every Hour, while the Basic vendor rifle stays the same, they are just that Basic vendor offering , so when you see a special , best buy it in that hour or possibly miss out completely.
likely you looked at the Top Notch Supplies vendor , then the Top Notch specific vendor

Chump Norris
01-27-2015, 11:09 PM
This doesn't answer the questions in the OP but just in case you aren't already aware..

The automatic and semi auto both share the same name so make sure you are buying the one you like.

alienstookmybeer
01-28-2015, 09:37 AM
I'm not 100% on this, but my observations led me to believe that for the Top-Notch vendor, the nano on the weapons will vary based on ego level. As an example, if your character was over 4k ego but less than 4400, then the vendor might have a level 4000 Frontier Saw with no nano. Once your character reaches ego 4400, the vendor might replace it with a level 4400 Frontier Saw with bio nano.

I think it was the dev way of making weapon variation, but without any randomness. The same thing happened with the Extralife vendor in 2013. All the weapons were either syphon or fire nano, but it wasn't random it was based on your ego level.

Keeper Riff
01-28-2015, 11:41 AM
I'm not 100% on this, but my observations led me to believe that for the Top-Notch vendor, the nano on the weapons will vary based on ego level.You are correct, and it applies to all rep vendors and also to hidden vendors which sell blue weapons.

The automatic and semi auto both share the same name so make sure you are buying the one you like.QFT. At top Notch, the green Frontier Battle Rifle is a full-auto analogous to FRC Assault Carbine, and the purple one is the semi-auto one with built-in scope same as FRC Heavy Assault Carbine. Before the encryption update, they could be upgraded with arkforge all the way to OJ, now they come encrypted out of the box.

So to OP, if you want a blue full-auto rifle, then seek for FRC Assault Carbine from lockboxes and vendor sales. If you're okay with semi-auto one (and 3 Burst mod converts it to burst one obviously), then you can buy it now from Top Notch with no nano or gain some EGO till it has Bio again (it certainly has it on 5000 and higher), or buy now and a second one later to have both of them.

TheStigsCousin
01-28-2015, 01:31 PM
I was just under 4k when I saw the weapon and over 4k when I went back to buy it. I'm pretty sure it was in the Top Notch Supplies vendor, not the regular vendor, so I know it wasn't a special and it was full auto. Like I said, it was identical to the blue one I already have just with better stats and purple rarity.
I have also seen the same nanoless purple rifle in another faction vendor, I think it was Sceleptor or Echelon. Next time I log in I'll pay more attention to see which one is selling the rifle.

TheStigsCousin
01-28-2015, 02:08 PM
I just went and looked.
Top Notch and Echelon both sell the same rifle --
Purple
semi auto
no nano
prepared syn

When I saw it the other day with the bio nano and full auto, I was surprised and a bit excited. I know it was in one of those 2 vendors because I made a mental note of how much rep I needed. If it was a special in a normal vendor I would have bought it right then.
So I guess I was imagining things lol

Bentu
01-29-2015, 12:22 AM
This doesn't answer the questions in the OP but just in case you aren't already aware..

The automatic and semi auto both share the same name so make sure you are buying the one you like.

Actually it kind of does, the semi auto does higher dmg which would explain why it was so much more even though it was an epic. Also I doubt it being a special as specials are bought with scrip.
There is a point where the weapons change dependant on your ego but I can't recall what it is. One of my characters is at 3,500 so I'll have a look and see if it's there for him.

Edit. So my character is actually 3,330 & the Frontier battle rifle is an epic semi auto without a nano.