PDA

View Full Version : Defiance Season Pass?

madvillain
04-04-2013, 04:06 PM
Ok so this might be a silly ? but this is the first game I purchased a season pass for and I was wondering I already dled it but will my xbox automatically dl the DLC as it comes out?

Kross
04-04-2013, 04:07 PM
No it will just be free, you still gotta manually download it from in-game..

madvillain
04-04-2013, 04:10 PM
Ok cool thanks for the reply I appreciate it

nightstormer
04-04-2013, 06:01 PM
No it will just be free, you still gotta manually download it from in-game..

how you do the down load and is it live now I got it but in live .

Niquara
04-04-2013, 06:05 PM
assuming dlc works the same way it does with the other mmo's on the ps3....

Every player will need to patch and download the new content as and when its released in order to logon (always need the most recent version of the game to access the servers)...

The devs have said that all paid dlc (there will be 'free' dlc too) will be accessible to every player,,, just only those that have paid for it can benefit from the rewards gained.... Unlikely you will need to actively download any of this,,, it'll happen automatically and just shoe up as new missions for you as and when it's released

nightstormer
04-04-2013, 06:12 PM
so will we get something saying it is live when it is.

Niquara
04-04-2013, 06:19 PM
i am of course making an educated guess here since the devs have avoided dlc chat so far.... But from experience with console mmo gaming.... (we have a couple other games on the ps3 that are setup in a similar way... ie a patching client at the beginning of the game which is where all the large scale downloads will come through)

New DLC will be advertised extensively throughout the forums and games.... so we know what to look forward to,, and to encourage those that havent bought it already to buy it

But i'd imagine the dlc missions will either flag up slightly different on the map (so those that have paid know where it is,,, and those that havent paid know they have a decision to make whether they do the mission or not)--- similar to how the central game mission flags are different to the flags for missions that fall in line with the tv show

There'll also be a nice patch update we'll have to sit through at the title screen-- the size of which will usually indicate whether new content is coming

Basically,,, if you play the game regularly there's no way you wont know when the dlc content has come out....

ozikeri
04-05-2013, 03:33 PM
out of curiosity, has their been a release of any details/leaks ofthe first major DLC?

very curious to know what will be in the future.

demimyke
04-10-2013, 06:33 AM
out of curiosity, has their been a release of any details/leaks ofthe first major DLC?

very curious to know what will be in the future.

http://www.amazon.com/Defiance-Digital-Season-Pass-Online/dp/B00B29S1LI

Amazon's got a pic up of the goodies that come with, but no mention of what the actual DLC will entail.