PDA

View Full Version : Finally Took Down the WM myself XBOX EU

OMERTA
01-29-2015, 12:23 AM
Just did it FINALLY this has taken too long, first I spiked the area took out the outside. Spawned in a WM with 1 min left. When that finished I was back at my old major and 30 secs left to get in. And I was finally alone to take this mother down. This was the first time I have seen the ice crystal thingies and the volge spawning. Plus the wm doing an exorcist thing with a beam of light out of his mouth.

So thank you myself and everyone on the forum for tips and hints :)

Bentu
01-29-2015, 12:29 AM
It's a great feeling to do it on your own, when I did it I was more worried about the volge than the wm.

Well done :cool:

OMERTA
01-29-2015, 12:58 AM
Yeah I was kind of sweaty when they appeared like wtf isn't this huge mother enough? ^^

stefb42
01-29-2015, 02:55 AM
Nice one mate, it's strange alone, shooting out the locks as fast as you can, hoping no one will join, what weapons did you use for it? Heh told you that you would be able to do it solo :)

MagnusRune Daltus
01-29-2015, 03:16 AM
nice one mate, it's strange alone, shooting out the locks as fast as you can, hoping no one will join, what weapons did you use for it? Heh told you that you would be able to do it solo :)

dont shoot the locks!!!

Eleni
01-29-2015, 03:47 AM
Nice one :D
Imao id be way more worried by someone joining than the WM or volges themselves heehee

Nice done, the DIY way is the best way!!

stefb42
01-29-2015, 03:50 AM
dont shoot the locks!!!

In a solo instance, why?

MagnusRune Daltus
01-29-2015, 05:44 AM
give the WM more armor plates when he spawns. wait the 3 mins for him to spawn he wont have 7 armor plates.

stefb42
01-29-2015, 05:55 AM
But you risk more people entering the longer you wait, on xbox eu soloing is the only real way to beat wm at the moment, as soon as someone else enters its a lose, just not enough ppl on xbox eu, I reckon if every player on xbox eu got warped into a wm instance at the same time it'd still be a fail, not enough ppl left, especially high egos

Tura Satana
01-29-2015, 06:01 AM
Wait.. is there a trick to getting a solo instance? I did once by chance a while back, but was never lucky enough to get it again.

MagnusRune Daltus
01-29-2015, 06:01 AM
but if you open as soon as you drop, and people turn up anyway? how many times have you joined a WM and it has 30 seconds left, there people down there who have been from start?

if you are in a WM where you clear upstairs on your own, and can drop down, and still no one has joined? whats 3 mins?

Tura Satana
01-29-2015, 06:13 AM
3 minutes is an eternity. I would never risk my solo instance. It doesn't take long to remove what little shield he loses yourself.

stefb42
01-29-2015, 07:19 AM
Wait.. is there a trick to getting a solo instance? I did once by chance a while back, but was never lucky enough to get it again.

Not really a trick as such, population on xbox eu is so low you get to do many things solo, I did numerous exl major arks alone. Same for harvest and by time solstice came around I switched servers to na because it was so bad

There are still things you can do to try and get in solo. Call it down whilst there's plenty other stuff going on so not as many ppl notice it. Late at night will help too but if na is as busy on ps3 as it s on xbox, the chances of a solo instance are pretty slim as players from other shards are dumped into your instance :(

OMERTA
01-29-2015, 09:10 AM
My loadout
Bio Nades for scaling his armor plates
Then popped of right arm shield with OVERCHARGE/DAMAGESPIKES and Powerstims
Radiant Solstice Pulser
DMG 2743 FR 16.5 Mag 91 RL 1.4 Crit 1.6x Bloom -0.09
(only have 1 Sat mod on it thoug :/ could be so much better)

When shield was off I used both the pulser and my
VBI HP-6 Wolfhound DMG 5091 FR 6.5 MAG 22 RL 1.7 Crit 7.2x Bloom 0.22

Shield I believe I had a Respark or a
Hurricane Blastproof IV DX
Do you want the perks too? ^^

stefb42
01-29-2015, 09:16 AM
Nah mate I took him down plenty times, just wondered what gun combo you used, congrats by the way you been chasing that solo wm for ages now

OMERTA
01-29-2015, 09:21 AM
Thanks yeah since I reaced 1k EGO I believe ^^ so it's been a while ^^

OMERTA
01-29-2015, 09:24 AM
BTW my instance jumped and I was teleported to one ending and got teleported back with a few seconds left on the wreckage timer. So when I was in I was all alone but chose to shoot the locks and spam bmg and crimefighter before he raged and kicked me in the nads, snapped my bmg and used my crimefighter as a toothpick ^^

MrE
01-31-2015, 06:53 AM

stefb42
01-31-2015, 09:14 AM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?193684-Warmaster-Killing-Guide-by-Miss-Teri

That guides only good for instances with the right amount of players, he's a whole different beast when bringing down alone and no consideration is required for other players, you can effectively use guns that you wouldn't use with others around like crimefighters and even volge battle rifle, you can do either his right or left arm but not his back as he'll always turn to face you being the only target he has, (xbox eu have always favoured the back) on xbox eu you'll never ever get enough players to bring him down as a group, its solo or fail

Omerta, we should do a guide on nailing him solo for the eu players who have no other way of getting this pursuit as things are

OMERTA
01-31-2015, 10:09 AM
I actually used Teris loadout guide for bringing him down :)

stefb42
01-31-2015, 10:25 AM
I actually used Teris loadout guide for bringing him down :)

I was,moreso talking about how to get in alone, the clearing the room asap and the breaking the locks, what to target etc, and how just about any guns you're efficient with will get the job done, teri's guide has some good weapon choices, but the rest isn't really applicable like waiting for vents to open, not breaking locks etc, even perk choices can be different solo, did you notice how you were probably never even close to death? Even if he cornered you there was never a feeling you'd die, Defensive perks not necessarily needed, big capacity shields not always useful, especially for players at an ego to survive the encounter but not quite doing enough dmg

Teri did a great guide, even if there are loads of other guides saying the same things, but it is for playing as a group, most of it isn't really for solo

OMERTA
01-31-2015, 11:11 AM
I know :) that guide is super for organized events, will be really awesome if ppl read it more. But in a month or so this might actually be as read as the Bible ^^ it's not really easy to write a guide on how to get in solo since that is mostly about luck. One thing you can do is selecting a matchmaking expert co-op with a not so played map. Leave matchmaking and enter arkfall. This makes your friends not being able to spawn to you. That's the only thing I can think of and I'm not sure if you can enter matchmaking inside of the wreckage either.

But luck in this case is your only friend

dremora ven0m
01-31-2015, 04:46 PM
To be on safe side dont enter expert co-op choose advanced to stop people jumping to you. No1 ever plays advanced.
n as I know how bad a player you are (joke) well done on the solo WM

OMERTA
01-31-2015, 05:16 PM
Haha thanks ^^

KILLSHOT707
02-03-2015, 08:26 AM
Just killed him solo on Xbox na. The most stressful part was hoping no one would join. It was close though, down to the last 20 seconds.

OMERTA
02-03-2015, 09:26 AM
Nice :) great work :)