PDA

View Full Version : Download time, what the hell?

indrct
04-04-2013, 04:12 PM
I'm running on 30 down 10 up cable. Your basic Comcast these days. It took me under two hours to DL BioShock Infinite, I DL most 20 gig games in around two and one half hours. Defiance is on hour 5 with 5 to go. What? What the hell is this terrible patcher?

Drekor
04-04-2013, 04:21 PM
you run on 30 upload and 10 download...

That's a very... odd... setup you have. If you only have 10 download you'd expect 4+ hours for 20gigs.

indrct
04-04-2013, 04:22 PM
you run on 30 upload and 10 download...

That's a very... odd... setup you have.

herp derp point out the typo and not the subject context.
****ing ****.

iMogwai
04-04-2013, 04:24 PM
****ing ****.

http://memeimages.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/neil-degrasse-tyson-watch-out-badass-meme-220x150.jpeg

Jestunhi
04-04-2013, 04:25 PM
Took less time than that for me on my little 8Mb line 2-3 days before launch (when I imagine their download servers were much busier).

Drekor
04-04-2013, 04:25 PM
****ing ****.

It makes a difference 10 down is 4+ hours 30 download is 1.5+ hours. Those details are important. The fact you didn't even bother to explain your situation right also leads me to believe you didn't even bother testing your line before whining.

Took me about an hour with 60 down. *shrug*

driil
04-04-2013, 04:26 PM
I don't have nearly that bandwidth though I do have 10 mbs I can't utilize that with my limits on my network router and actual devices connecting to it...

New game lots of people pre-ordered and couldn't even play the first day. Lots of people buying it and downloading it now... Bandwidth for a game is not cheap.. Give them a break.

indrct
04-04-2013, 04:33 PM
It makes a difference 10 down is 4+ hours 30 download is 1.5+ hours. Those details are important. The fact you didn't even bother to explain your situation right also leads me to believe you didn't even bother testing your line before whining.

Took me about an hour with 60 down. *shrug*

How have you lived past the age of 10? Have you ever met someone who ACTUALLY list their up first? It's clearly a typo, try not to be a ****** in the future.

I don't have nearly that bandwidth though I do have 10 mbs I can't utilize that with my limits on my network router and actual devices connecting to it...

New game lots of people pre-ordered and couldn't even play the first day. Lots of people buying it and downloading it now... Bandwidth for a game is not cheap.. Give them a break.

You're acting like this is a new company, lol.

Viksen
04-04-2013, 04:37 PM
Hi everyone,

We currently have a dev post in response to the discussions about this topic. If you'd like to share your thoughts, you'll find the main discussion thread, as well as the dev's response here:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?16662-Are-you-having-slow-download-speeds-Please-read-here!

We're going to close this thread and ask that this discussion continue in the threads linked above so we can keep the discussions about this topic a little better consolidated. This will also allow any dev responses to be posted in one location for all to see.

When topic discussions are consolidated, it aids the Community and Development Teams when reading the forums and gathering feedback from your posts, ideas, and concerns.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@defiance.com.

Thank you!