PDA

View Full Version : Permanent Synergy Activation

CountryBoy
01-30-2015, 07:39 AM
When are we going to get a update for this? Since Rashere is updating weapon rolls
I think it would be fair and good for the game itself to go ahead and make the activation
of synergy's permanent once you have equipped the mods to that specific weapon type.
This way the Synergy make's up for the loss of some of the over all's on the new weapons
that are dropped after the update. I dunno why this was never thought up at the moment
it was created. It's hard enough to get T4 mod's for a specific synergy if the synergy itself is
rare. But the chance of activating that synergy is very rare. Most of the time the weapons even
with the mods don't activate. The worst one is the scavanger synergy. I have had a
OJ Votan Pulsar with all 4 T4 mods and in the entire 2 month's of having this weapons I have
only ever seen the synergy activate maybe 3 times. I am pretty sure alot of people have experienced this and would like to see a update for this to comply with Rashere's update on weapon rolls. Or atleast test this idea out on the PTS Test Server and see how it works with the new idea of weapon rolls. Thanks for listening. Hope everyone like's this idea cause man it seem's like enemies are getting harder to kill and we are getting weaker.

Example - Oh once you have mods equipped on a synergy the synergy is active but doesn't trigger to gain synergy bonus unless scavanger pops up in blue while your shooting things. I dunno why Trion did this like this but it makes no sense. Your synergy is active but the actual ability is not until it is activated during a fight.

Fuzzy
01-30-2015, 08:12 AM
What exactly do you mean with "permanent activated"?
Once you put e.g. Scavenger mods into a Scavenger weapon, the synergy is activated permanently.
Same with every other mod-synergy out there. It is activated on only the weapon that has the synergy.
Maybe I don't understand what you're getting at exactly though :)

CountryBoy
01-30-2015, 08:22 AM
Once you put e.g. Scavenger mods into a Scavenger weapon, the synergy is activated permanently.
Same with every other mod-synergy out there. It is activated on only the weapon that has the synergy.

Oh once you have mods equipped on a synergy the synergy is active but doesnt activate unless scavanger pops up in blue while your shooting things. I dunno why Trion did this like this but it makes no sense. Your synergy is active but the actual ability is not until it is activated during a fight.

stefb42
01-30-2015, 08:28 AM

I think he may be on about the synergy actually triggering, since the Korean style pop ups for synergies perks purple rolls etc I've noticed that a lot of effects don't trigger as often as you would think they should based on description. Like ego on crit kill purple roll doesn't trigger on every crit kill, in fact it doesn't trigger much at all and there is no cool down in description and it wasn't mentioned as geting a cool down when they added cool downs to on full reload weapons, maybe the same is happening within the scav synergy

CountryBoy
01-30-2015, 08:44 AM
I think he may be on about the synergy actually triggering, since the Korean style pop ups for synergies perks purple rolls etc I've noticed that a lot of effects don't trigger as often as you would think they should based on description. Like ego on crit kill purple roll doesn't trigger on every crit kill, in fact it doesn't trigger much at all and there is no cool down in description and it wasn't mentioned as geting a cool down when they added cool downs to on full reload weapons, maybe the same is happening within the scav synergy

Exactly the point

Ryker Vorton
01-30-2015, 09:10 AM
This way the Synergy make's up for the loss of some of the over all's on the new weapons
that are dropped after the update.

What loss?...

To be clear, if you make the "triggered on x variable" synergy bonuses (the ones that pup up thenotifications) it will work just the same for new and old weapons, so the "supposedly" better ones will still be better nevertheless

Fuzzy
01-30-2015, 09:12 AM
The floating effect names (http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=419) sometimes don't pop up. They are a bit "buggy".
When mid-combat, they pop up under your character's feet, they pop up behind you but actually trigger.
Ego on crit kill actually triggers all the time. Just look at your Ego Power and see that everytime you kill something critical, it jumps up those 10%.
Same with everything else really. The problem is just that the effect names aren't very visible and sometimes do not appear on your character's back. They also don't move around with you.

CountryBoy
01-30-2015, 09:50 AM
I was wondering what wus up with that. I never know when or when not my gun is using its synergy. I hope there is a fix for this at a later time or this idea is implemented into the game somehow.