PDA

View Full Version : A concept idea on how to fix the weapon balance issues in a way no one can cry nerf.

Nefarious
02-02-2015, 01:33 AM
So while standing in a dim kitchen eating cold left over Super Bowl pizza this idea came to me.

Step 1: take all the guns except the over powered ones and boost their damage an exact s**t ton percentage.

Step 2: Increase enemy and player health across the board accordingly.

Step 3: Profit.

So instead of dialing the few over powered weapons down you leave them as is and just dial everything else up. Now the over powered stuff isn't over powered anymore and no one can cry nerf.

Gai
02-02-2015, 01:34 AM
1. This wont solve the problem, now we'll have more guns one shotting people lol.

2. Now it takes a rocket launcher 2 hits to kill you and every other gun takes a lot more.

3. Bankrupt.

Nefarious
02-02-2015, 01:37 AM
1. This wont solve the problem, now we'll have more guns one shotting people lol.

2. Now it takes a rocket launcher 2 hits to kill you and every other gun takes a lot more.

3. Bankrupt.

A lot of the Rockets wont be part of the mass upgrade. They will stay the same. Players wont be getting one shotted because their shield and HP would be boosted. The current one shottie guns wont be able to one shottie anymore as they would not be nerfed but just left behind from being buffed instead.

Chump Norris
02-02-2015, 01:45 AM
So use a health buff to nerf what you feel is OP.

Greybush
02-02-2015, 03:51 AM
Buffarious?

Ryker Vorton
02-02-2015, 05:44 AM
daage boost + health boost = nerf.

What' s different on it than a normal nerf?

What's the REAL problem of some weapon actually powerful?

I believe the whole root of this "problem" some people have with "some" weapons, namely the crimefighter, is that it is a "better" weapon than their "unicorns" and the problem is "how can a weapon as powerful as my uberrare be at everyone's reach?" (statement based on several chats i've seen/had in the game)

If anything, the only thing i think defiance should have different, weapons wise, is to have them all with fixed stats instead of random ones, let thhe only thing making them different fomr eachother be the ego level and the mods you put in, and/or the visuals.

duction
02-02-2015, 06:02 AM
Give it a rest already nerferious, let's rename the game to nefiance.

konstantinov
02-02-2015, 06:25 AM
Change pvp pursuits to waving or dancing pursuits. That's the only real fix

KILLSHOT707
02-02-2015, 06:49 AM
If Trion listened to you, no one but you would be playing this game.

Chris Robet
02-02-2015, 06:51 AM
If Trion listened to you, no one but you would be playing this game.

I mean I've been faithfully been playing this game since DLC 1 so I wouldn't make that assumption.

konstantinov
02-02-2015, 06:54 AM
I mean I've been faithfully been playing this game since DLC 1 so I wouldn't make that assumption.

DLC 1 came out in August of 2013.

Chris Robet
02-02-2015, 06:58 AM
DLC 1 came out in August of 2013.

Did it? Then maybe it was DLC 2 that I came in around some early DLC I know that for sure.

stefb42
02-02-2015, 07:34 AM
Really, this just came to you? I and others say the same thing everytime a weapon nerf is requested, instead of nerf why not bring other weapons into line, maybe you're too blinded by the point you're making in nerf threads to notice though?

Seriously though this is pretty much mentioned by someone when nerfs are requested, or do you feel you're adding to the idea with the hp buffs as well? Not trying to be an ***, just perplexed by your sudden turn from nerfarious to bufferarious

konstantinov
02-02-2015, 07:48 AM
PvP should be instagib just like Unreal Tournament was. There'd be no debate about who has OP weapons or shields.

Nefarious
02-02-2015, 11:45 AM
daage boost + health boost = nerf.

What' s different on it than a normal nerf?

No nerf, no nerf.

This is not a nerf. Its just a way to fix things in a crazy drastic manner by indirectly fixing the things that need to be fixed by not actually fixing them directly. Because if those things that need to be fixed got directly fixed then people would throw a conniption fit. So this is a wide turn kinda solution as opposed to being a straight to kinda solution.

KILLSHOT707
02-02-2015, 12:09 PM
Make all guns type do the same damage for PVP only. LEAVE PVE ALONE. There problem solved.

Ryker Vorton
02-02-2015, 02:05 PM
No nerf, no nerf.

This is not a nerf. Its just a way to fix things in a crazy drastic manner by indirectly fixing the things that need to be fixed by not actually fixing them directly. Because if those things that need to be fixed got directly fixed then people would throw a conniption fit. So this is a wide turn kinda solution as opposed to being a straight to kinda solution.

Come on, not even a kindergarden child would believe that is not a nerf, please, at least have a little respect for our intelligence.

r1p
02-02-2015, 02:13 PM
PvP should be instagib just like Unreal Tournament was. There'd be no debate about who has OP weapons or shields.

God I miss the two towers.

stoodakiss
02-04-2015, 04:49 AM
op guns for everybody!

http://media0.giphy.com/media/x7vHo49f9vuPS/200.gif

Eleni
02-04-2015, 04:59 AM
PvP -> Echelon weapons only

=No PvE mod, no nerf, no buff.

Just need a vendor update.

konstantinov
02-04-2015, 04:59 AM
op guns for everybody!

http://media0.giphy.com/media/x7vHo49f9vuPS/200.gif

The one where the girl breaks her nose shooting the desert eagle is pretty funny too.

Ryker Vorton
02-04-2015, 06:20 AM

Excellent idea! and make all echelon weapons encrypted by default so no one would go running around with "op" oj versions of them.

WhiteKnight019
02-04-2015, 06:48 AM
Give it a rest already nerferious, let's rename the game to nefiance.

hilarious.

But also if you buff a nerf with a buff and nerf other things wouldn't we be back where we are now? Can't we all just realize that no one will ever completely agree with anything anyone says when dealing with gaming because everyones opinions are different? If you nerf one thing and buff another thing, another player will complain about said buffed thing calling for a buff for something else or a nerf to the item being buffed.... its a circle.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m08hmlCfJG1qi0u14o1_500.gif

stoodakiss
02-04-2015, 03:38 PM

http://media2.giphy.com/media/phwYIvkKMa9Pi/200.gif