PDA

View Full Version : Plate slicer question

Horror Stories
02-03-2015, 10:02 PM
Whenever I use my weapons that have plate slicer synergy, they never break armor plates when I first start using them. Whether it's the sniper, bmg, or smg; it seems I have to actively use it for like 20 minutes before they start shredding plates. Once they get going, just tapping a viscera will break every single plate, it's just annoying that I have to use them for 20 minutes with barely a single armor plate break before they start working. Can anyone provide insight on this? Also, it seems the weapons reset whenever I change phases; so if I jump to a friend in a different phase, it's another 20 minutes of use before plates start disintegrating.

Jaydogg
02-03-2015, 10:04 PM
Whenever I use my weapons that have plate slicer synergy, they never break armor plates when I first start using them. Whether it's the sniper, bmg, or smg; it seems I have to actively use it for like 20 minutes before they start shredding plates. Once they get going, just tapping a viscera will break every single plate, it's just annoying that I have to use them for 20 minutes with barely a single armor plate break before they start working. Can anyone provide insight on this? Also, it seems the weapons reset whenever I change phases; so if I jump to a friend in a different phase, it's another 20 minutes of use before plates start disintegrating.

use a bio nade on the first couple enemies, speeds up the process tremendously

King Stud
02-03-2015, 10:08 PM
I think it's a bug in the way the plate slicer synergy was coded; sometimes my elec PS smg will peel multiple plates off viscera in a single mag, and other times it'll take 4 mags just to shred one plate (these were all at the same threat level, with me being the only person to hit the viscera and no one else).

Mister Derpenhowser
02-03-2015, 10:25 PM
Doesn't seem to matter how many people voice how inconsistent this synergy is, it never gets fixed. Last time I even saw a dev reply about it they said it was working as intended. I'm pretty sure that was way back when the New Frontier Harvest was on too.

Markeen
02-03-2015, 11:16 PM
I dont think the synergy is working properly. I have a bmg full t4 modded and so does a friend an it never breaks plates.

whit
02-04-2015, 01:20 AM
I think it's a bug in the way the plate slicer synergy was coded; sometimes my elec PS smg will peel multiple plates off viscera in a single mag, and other times it'll take 4 mags just to shred one plate

I have an elec PS tachmag which always seems to take a few mags to "warm up" when I first use it after logging in. I persist with it because once the PS starts working it is deadly. I have tried different ways of making it start quicker eg. swapping weapons, swapping loadouts, full reload, overcharge etc. Nothing is consistent, it decides when it wants to start working. Definitely broken.

Eleni
02-04-2015, 01:32 AM
Yesterday i played a bit with the scourge, not satisfied with the plateslicer syn (and it spreads bio stuff)

Aside i played all last week using PS Northstar, it worked nicely, slicing plates on hit, burning damage, and slicing my 3 plates at once nicely too when radius hit me.

Now on i dunno if its because i was lagging (a lot but lazy to re-boot), i switched to my "going postal" loadout, my epic tachmag, nanoless, at TL10 was slicing plates in no time (like 20/30 pellets so far).
That was on raiders/dark matters and bullwalk. i did a few sites like this, worked the same.

Ill try again Today but, well if so no complain lol.

Claydough
02-04-2015, 01:38 AM
I stick to my bio weapons.
My faborite slicer weapons can only manage to break one or no plates on a tl10 volge trooper, so they're kinda useless at the only thing its made to be... Which is a shame because i have some great weapons id like to use to strip plates instead of plain old bio weapons.

Arran
02-04-2015, 02:34 AM
My plateslicer pulsed strips every plate with just a few bullets yet my triple link plateslicer spanner trapper doesn't do anything. Yes their all modded with correct synergy.

konstantinov
02-04-2015, 05:02 AM
I dont think the synergy is working properly. I have a bmg full t4 modded and so does a friend an it never breaks plates.

Bmgs are finicky when it comes to plate slicer. My telespanner goes haywire on me periodically. Autumn scourge works extremely well though.

whit
02-04-2015, 05:19 AM
Another problem with plate slicer is the 3rd bonus, the reload one. I had great hopes for this as I have a PS lmg, but I have never seen this work on the lmg or my tachmag. It has a 5s cool down so it must have been intended to trigger fairly often. Anybody seen it working properly ?

Johnny Stranger
02-04-2015, 05:35 AM
My vbi smg bio plate slicer rips through shields within seconds ....LOVE IT !!!!!!! :)

can still hear the faint cries of the volge ..." stranger....danger....."

otonagamer
02-04-2015, 07:03 AM
I think it's broken but does 2nd bonus kick in every time you break enemy armor? Like, if you break enemy armors of 3 enemies in succession, it gives you +85% armor bonus damage for 5 seconds(or less)? Even so, it has to be far weaker than +125% armor damage bonus of Bio nano. In theory, it only fairs with Bio nano only when you break enemy armor 5 times in 5 seconds, and the effect shouldn't last no more than 5 seconds at fullest. But in reality, it feels way more powerful than Bio and once it kicks in, it never lose its effect over 5 seconds.

Johnny Stranger
02-04-2015, 08:20 AM
just checked my oj bonfire, one shot takes out all 4 shields on archer tl8 ...only have 3 mods on as well ...

whit
02-04-2015, 08:46 AM
It's very nice that your guns seem to work okay Johnny but this thread really concerns plate slicer not working properly. Its a great synergy when it works, the plates just fall off, but it ranges from unreliable to totally broken for some people.

Daimian
02-04-2015, 09:11 AM
I use a few dozen plate slicers and all have the same issue, sometimes in the beginning it just doesn't want to kick in regardless of nano, weapon type or rarity, it can take several reloads worth of time before a single tick of armor is removed, but once it starts...
Is it lag?
It does "appear" to be more common in lag intensive zones like expert runs.
It can get embarrassing when peeps are wondering why you're running around using a bmg on a trio of Monarchs.

whit
02-04-2015, 10:10 AM
I use a few dozen plate slicers and all have the same issue, sometimes in the beginning it just doesn't want to kick in regardless of nano, weapon type or rarity, it can take several reloads worth of time before a single tick of armor is removed, but once it starts...

That is exactly how it is for me, kicks in after a few reloads. I wonder if it is perk related ? Maybe preparedness, that takes two reloads to trigger. Will have to experiment later.

If enough people complain the devs might admit it is real problem, whether they investigate and fix it is another matter.

otonagamer
02-04-2015, 10:06 PM
Isn't Plate Slicer synergy also affecting backpack weapon which doesn't have Plate Slicer synergy? The devs should explain how this synergy works exactly.

I think it's normal for it not working at start. 1st bonus only gives you +10% bonus which is one tenth of what Bio nano gives. probably par with Fire nano considering its bonus incendiary damage. The problem is that PS synergy bonus never disappear even after 5 seconds period ends.