PDA

View Full Version : Grenades

CookingWithGuns
04-04-2013, 06:06 PM
What kind do you use?

Right now I'm just using the standard frag ones as I can't see the point of the other ones yet. Yeah the bio one that slows can be good in a group, but the pyro seems worthless to me so far. It'll do about 800dmg total as a DoT, and yet a Frag will do over 3k, so what is the point?

Ensu
04-04-2013, 06:10 PM
Do you like your enemies to die before they realize it, or do you prefer to see them writhe and scream in agony?

Pyro grenades seemed to work better against shielded enemies than frags for me in beta. I've stuck to frag in the launch release so far though.

Snaloe
04-04-2013, 06:11 PM
I had a standard purple quality grenade from pre-order I think have not stopped using it, its really good, but I can see uses for most of the types that are in game.

CookingWithGuns
04-04-2013, 06:14 PM
Do you like your enemies to die before they realize it, or do you prefer to see them writhe and scream in agony?

Pyro grenades seemed to work better against shielded enemies than frags for me in beta. I've stuck to frag in the launch release so far though.

You know, I never thought about Pyro working better on shielded enemies, I should carry some in case I come into troublesome groups of them.

Roflmaowtf
04-04-2013, 06:14 PM
I find Pyro grenades more useful in PvP, but in PvE yeah they're not really worth using.

Buruko
04-04-2013, 06:16 PM
What kind do you use?

Right now I'm just using the standard frag ones as I can't see the point of the other ones yet. Yeah the bio one that slows can be good in a group, but the pyro seems worthless to me so far. It'll do about 800dmg total as a DoT, and yet a Frag will do over 3k, so what is the point?

Well pyro is useful for groups of mobs, bio is useful for a get away or controlling an area. I myself still use frag as I haven't had much use for pyro, I did use Bio for a bit cause sticking extra mutants to the ground and mowing them down was always nice.

MattN
04-04-2013, 06:21 PM
I had a standard purple quality grenade from pre-order I think have not stopped using it, its really good, but I can see uses for most of the types that are in game.

Preorder from where? I preordered Steam, no epic nade.

Natjur
04-04-2013, 06:25 PM
Preorder from where? I preordered Steam, no epic nade.
I am guessing one of the preorder lockboxes gave it to them. I got three purples from the lockboxes as part of the preorder but no purple grenade

JerZey CJ
04-04-2013, 06:26 PM
I use the stun/emp grenades. I get a nice DOT effect, but it also makes most(if not all) enemies stop in their tracks so I can get up close and blast them while they're defenseless.

CookingWithGuns
04-04-2013, 06:28 PM
I use the stun/emp grenades. I get a nice DOT effect, but it also makes most(if not all) enemies stop in their tracks so I can get up close and blast them while they're defenseless.

I haven't come across one of those yet, when I do I've been wanting to try it. However most of my grenade use is for a group, and at about 3.5k damage it'll take out pretty much all of them. They are most useful for those guys carrying actual shields, just chuck it near them and they done.

Luffy490
04-04-2013, 06:37 PM
I prefer Bio 'nades.

Mostly due to the fact that you can get some easy kills and slow down overcharging baddies.

More damage with weapons = more xp for me :)

At least I think the weapon xp is based off how much damage you do.. I am not sure.