PDA

View Full Version : Defiance Updating to Version 2.6

Scapes
02-04-2015, 05:15 PM
http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2014/09/basic.jpg (http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2015/02/04/defiance-updating-to-version-2-6)

Ark hunters,

Defiance is updating to Version 2.6 (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?199988-Defiance-2.6-Colony-Courtship)! The patch notes can be found below.

FEATURES
* Love on the Horizon...?
- Stay tuned for or next event, arriving at 12:00 PM PST on Monday, February 9!

GENERAL
* Corrected the issue that was causing NPCs to not scale properly in the middle of combat.
* Slightly reworked difficulty scaling for better results in Sieges.
* Players that go completely AFK in co-op missions will no longer gain disproportionate rewards, nor will they complete the corresponding weekly contract.
* Fixed several collision problems
* Updated the description of the Gunslinger cache to reflect the number of weapons coming from the box
* Fixed a bug that could cause weapons or shields to lose their encryption status when claimed. This fix is retroactive, meaning all all legendary (orange) weapons and shields in your inventory will now be encrypted (and gain their bonus from that encryption).

LOCK BOXES
* Returned the FRC Birdshot Pump to the store lock boxes.

WEAPONS
* Increased Blast Rifle and Mazu Blast Rifle damage to bring them in line with other assault rifles.
- The damage for the Blast Rifle (not the Mazu Blast Rifle) is actually triple what is displayed, as Blast Rifles fire three rounds at once.
- The "x3" will be added to the display in a future update.
* The uncommon +mag mastery for explosive weapons is now properly +1. Previously, it had corrupted data and would be an odd value like +4.57 or +12.39.
* The Stalker mod synergy now affects both weapon Range and Falloff Damage Distance.
* Corrected the name of DC-7 Swimming Swan.

WEAPON RARITY BONUS CHANGES
* Guns can no longer receive multiple rarity bonuses of the same type.
- Instead, the individual bonuses have been increased.
- The overall damage output of most guns using the new system will be about the same, or slightly higher, than it was before.
- The difference between a "perfect" gun and one with suboptimal rolls is smaller than it was previously, though, so more randomly generated weapons will be competitive.
* Each sub-type of weapon (ex. Bolt Action Sniper Rifles, Charged Sniper Rifles, and Semi-Auto Sniper Rifles) now has their own possible bonuses which exclude ones that don’t make sense for the gun (ex. recoil bonuses on a bolt action rifle).
* New +mag bonuses are percentage increases rather than flat bonuses so they scale better with the weapon’s base clip size.
* These changes only affect guns that randomize their bonuses.
* These changes only affect guns that drop after this patch.
* For more information, please visit the Coming Change to Weapon Rarity Bonuses (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?193157-Coming-Change-to-Weapon-Rarity-Bonuses) thread.

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2015/02/04/defiance-updating-to-version-2-6)

Almiel
02-04-2015, 05:49 PM
Regarding coop afk, I applaud this, BUT, I'm worried that it'll happen unintentionally. Let me explain; during the double arkforge weekend, almost every coop mission I joined had people glitching through gates (e.g. Island of Lost Soldiers) to quickly get to the end of the mission for more/faster arkforge. I hadn't played the game in a while so I don't know the glitches, nor do I want to participate in said cheating. What happens to me? Am I afk cuz I got left behind? How is this determined?

Please, please fix the glitching. It's tiresome to play a game only to play with a bunch of glitching cheaters. How is this still happening almost 2 years after release?

KingNephilim
02-04-2015, 10:57 PM
I apologize if it was stated somewhere & I missed it, but... how long is the courtship event set to last?

Chocolatelover67
02-04-2015, 11:04 PM
GENERAL
* The Cronkite Bunker is once again available from the Co-Op menu. It was disabled due to players using multiple exploits to bypass the entire instance.
* Players who took advantage of the exploits will have their ill-gotten gains removed and may be banned.

Taken from the patch notes........ So people could be banned? Wow ......

Atticus Batman
02-05-2015, 12:00 AM

Of course people could be banned. Anytime you take advantage of a glitch, bug, or exploit you have a good possibility of getting banned.

Tura Satana
02-05-2015, 04:33 AM
Regarding coop afk, I applaud this, BUT, I'm worried that it'll happen unintentionally. Let me explain; during the double arkforge weekend, almost every coop mission I joined had people glitching through gates (e.g. Island of Lost Soldiers) to quickly get to the end of the mission for more/faster arkforge. I hadn't played the game in a while so I don't know the glitches, nor do I want to participate in said cheating. What happens to me? Am I afk cuz I got left behind? How is this determined?

Please, please fix the glitching. It's tiresome to play a game only to play with a bunch of glitching cheaters. How is this still happening almost 2 years after release?

Dont worry so much. I would assume that this means going afk for a long period of time or the ENTIRE time - for example, to get extra cores.. which I guess now is no longer possible. Good!

But thank you Trion for finally fixing this. Core leechers can go eff themselves now.

Atticus Batman
02-05-2015, 04:43 AM

In most games it is a certain amount of time. For example in ME3 mp, if you are afk for 2 minutes you get auto-kicked. You are only afk if you're character isn't doing some action anyway. So shoot or move regularly and you should be fine.

otonagamer
02-05-2015, 06:26 AM
I think enemy scaling is still working weird way.

Xbox NA, today
Arkfall: Dark Matter Monolith
TL: 8-10
upgraded EGO: (forgot)
Player count: around 10 people

We beat Monolith with only one attack attempt to techmag drive. Is this working as intended? It was way too easy. I think we had no problem with sub arkfalls and other enemies.

Chocolatelover67
02-05-2015, 06:44 AM
Of course people could be banned. Anytime you take advantage of a glitch, bug, or exploit you have a good possibility of getting banned.

What about on Island Of Lost Soldiers when you can just hop down from the last path to the final area where the doorway icon is? You don't have to fight the bad guys up top, It's just a short cut?

Holy Bahamut3
02-05-2015, 07:46 AM
That's what the fire weed is there for.

nathanpbutler
02-05-2015, 10:12 AM
Went to see more details on the website.

Ran into this.

"CONGRATULATIONS! You have found our scheduled maintenance page. This was no mere chance. NO! It is destiny that has brought you here this day!"

I believe it is Destiny that is causing people not to go there most days, or perhaps the fact that we were brought there today is supposed to make is go to Destiny . . .

Either way, I wonder if the wording was intentionally tongue-in-cheek or...?

maverick07
02-05-2015, 12:32 PM

They issued bans when people exploited the extra life vendors the first time and made millions of scrip. Not everyone got banned but the heavier exploiters caught a day ban I think.

Chocolatelover67
02-05-2015, 06:49 PM
Went to see more details on the website.

Ran into this.

"CONGRATULATIONS! You have found our scheduled maintenance page. This was no mere chance. NO! It is destiny that has brought you here this day!"

I believe it is Destiny that is causing people not to go there most days, or perhaps the fact that we were brought there today is supposed to make is go to Destiny . . .

Either way, I wonder if the wording was intentionally tongue-in-cheek or...?

I have not played Destiny yet is it as bad as people make out?

nathanpbutler
02-21-2015, 01:43 AM

Not at all. It's heavy on grinding, but then again, so is Defiance in certain pursuits. Destiny is prettier and feels better than Defiance, but Defiance has a LOT more you can do than Destiny does.

Chocolatelover67
02-21-2015, 03:04 AM
Not at all. It's heavy on grinding, but then again, so is Defiance in certain pursuits. Destiny is prettier and feels better than Defiance, but Defiance has a LOT more you can do than Destiny does.

What do you mean there's a lot more to do on Defiance?

I'm going to check Destiny out if there is a PC version.

PithHelmetIrath
02-21-2015, 07:39 AM

Defiance has more of an 'open world' feel to it. That's the only difference between the two games that I notice.

MadDogTremor
02-21-2015, 09:05 AM

I'm going to check Destiny out if there is a PC version.
There's no PC version. Not until later this year or next.

EvilAg3nt
02-21-2015, 11:13 AM

i own both games and destiny IS prettier But is boring as hell.
i quit playing it and so did my friends,we actually preferred borderlands the prequel for Fun.
plus,the support is nowheres Near the level here.
the major downfall is you will Never get the feeling in destiny that you will when you are in a major arkfall fight in Defiance.
theres just no comparison there.....