PDA

View Full Version : Changes to Stalker

King Stud
02-04-2015, 07:08 PM
The first two stalker bonuses now say "range and falloff distance". I thought these two terms meant the same thing anyways? What exactly is the change to stalker then?

Rashere
02-04-2015, 07:23 PM
The first two stalker bonuses now say "range and falloff distance". I thought these two terms meant the same thing anyways? What exactly is the change to stalker then?

They're two different things. Range increases the maximum range of the weapon or, in the case of infectors, the homing range of the needles. Falloff distance increases the distance you can be from the target before your weapon damage starts to decrease.

Stalker's previous description said that it increases weapon range, but it was actually increasing falloff distance. Falloff distance isn't useful on guns like the infector and weapon range isn't useful on guns that already have a long range, so I made it affect both falloff damage distance and range so it'll be useful to more weapons now.

Rashere

Logain
02-04-2015, 07:44 PM
They're two different things. Range increases the maximum range of the weapon or, in the case of infectors, the homing range of the needles. Falloff distance increases the distance you can be from the target before your weapon damage starts to decrease.

Stalker's previous description said that it increases weapon range, but it was actually increasing falloff distance. Falloff distance isn't useful on guns like the infector and weapon range isn't useful on guns that already have a long range, so I made it affect both falloff damage distance and range so it'll be useful to more weapons now.

Rashere

Awesome! /10char

PTR47
02-06-2015, 01:28 PM
Good news for the synergy. Have you given consideration to increasing the percentages as well?

Generally speaking, 10% to falloff range appears to give about the same benefit as some other general damage increase synergies (eg. 6% fire rate, 6% damage) to the guns that could benefit from it (eg. SMG) when you're right at or beyond the falloff range, but those other synergies are more useful before the falloff range starts, so Stalker ranks just above Brutal for me in terms of desirability as a weapon synergy (although the static +numbers on the falloff weapon mods place them as more desirable as others for close-range weapons). Can you let us know a bit about the thinking behind the numbers?

The new change is good news for things like Infectors or BMGs.

Atticus Batman
02-06-2015, 11:59 PM
Good news for the synergy. Have you given consideration to increasing the percentages as well?

Generally speaking, 10% to falloff range appears to give about the same benefit as some other general damage increase synergies (eg. 6% fire rate, 6% damage) to the guns that could benefit from it (eg. SMG) when you're right at or beyond the falloff range, but those other synergies are more useful before the falloff range starts, so Stalker ranks just above Brutal for me in terms of desirability as a weapon synergy (although the static +numbers on the falloff weapon mods place them as more desirable as others for close-range weapons). Can you let us know a bit about the thinking behind the numbers?

The new change is good news for things like Infectors or BMGs.

The change doesn't really help BMGs.

PTS has been updated with a 136 MB client patch, and is now unlocked. It has the following updates:

• Updated the description of effects that impact Falloff Damage to reference Falloff Distance instead, which is more accurate. The effect increases the distance at which falloff damage starts to occur rather than changing the actual amount of damage dealt in a falloff scenario.
• The Stalker mod synergy now affects both weapon Range and Falloff Damage Distance. (replaces a previous note)

will this raise the bmg max link range too? if so will the cap on the max range be increased?

No, BMGs are their own beast and their max link range with all bonuses is already disturbingly large.

PTR47
02-07-2015, 12:04 AM
The change doesn't help BMGs.

howso? /10char

Atticus Batman
02-07-2015, 12:08 AM
howso? /10char

I did an edit look above at the quotes. BMGS aren't affected by stalker.

Symbiosis2099
02-07-2015, 12:20 AM
I did an edit look above at the quotes. BMGS aren't affected by stalker.

It would affect their initial range right? Before linking, like, the range to the first target?

PTR47
02-07-2015, 12:27 AM
It would affect their initial range right? Before linking, like, the range to the first target?

This is my question. Range =/= Link Range.

Atticus Batman
02-07-2015, 12:29 AM

Possible I suppose. It will definitely NOT affect link range though. Link range is the range between target a and target b and so on.

PTR47
02-07-2015, 12:56 AM
We know.

http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=245

xXxDSMer
03-01-2015, 12:02 PM

Rashere

I have a purple canker at ~4300 ego and it was at 24 or 25 homing range when totally clean, and now it has two stalker infector mods - but still says 25 homing range, with barrel and mag stalker syn, no other mods.

Even if it did say 24 when totally clean, 24+(24*0.15)=27.6
It should at least say 27 with no sight on it, maybe 28

Or if the base range of described canker was 25, then it should at least say 28.

And if the game rounds numbers up, that'd be 28 to 29.

but here it sits still saying 25 >.<

Claydough
03-01-2015, 12:20 PM
While we're on the topic, will these usless synergys be removed on some weapons that have no benefit?

Stalker courior, boomers ect ect?

Duke_Shambles
03-02-2015, 02:36 AM
While we're on the topic, will these usless synergys be removed on some weapons that have no benefit?

Stalker courior, boomers ect ect?

You are crazy. Never EVER take stalker off my FRC Big Boomer. My ego power recharges so fast using that thing it's a little stupid.

Ray8888
03-02-2015, 10:53 AM
You are crazy. Never EVER take stalker off my FRC Big Boomer. My ego power recharges so fast using that thing it's a little stupid.

I concur. I did the 100 kills with Blur active in one night with Boomers. I have two purp Boomers one of which is Stalker. I used them back to back at the same ego. Big difference. The impact was ridiculous. And it only has the store bought green mods on it. So much fun to use.

ratpie
03-02-2015, 11:24 AM
thanks for the change.

Flash Rifle, stalker T5 falloff mod.

i love my new snipershotty! :cool: